Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
40th Daytime Emmy Awards to Air on HLN 6/16!; 8 PM to 10 PM ET
Topic Started: Apr 4 2013, 09:20 AM (1,330 Views)
NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

http://rdsn.net/buzz/2013/04/04/40th-daytime-emmy-awards-set-to-air-june-16-2013-at-8-pm-et-on-hln/

HLN broke the news on Twitter this morning that the 40th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards are set to on their network on June 16, 2013. The award ceremony will be airing for the second year in a row on the cable network.

Executive Vice President and General Manager Scot Safon issued this statement:

“HLN is the news channel that focuses on stories at the forefront of the American conversation, and daytime programming often tackles those some themes and stories. We are so happy to again present the program that honors the best work in daytime.”

Are you excited to see HLN take on the Day. Emmys again?

Make sure to watch on Sunday, June 16, 2013 at 8 PM ET on HLN!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

This makes me ecstatic! Sure, the quality of the program has gone way, WAY down over the years, but I think it's a blessing that there's still even a show to watch year after year. Hopefully there's some rootable nominees like last year too!

Ellie

This is great news. I was so happy with HLN's presentation, especially compared to the past 'Vegas years'. HLN took the Emmys back to what an awards show should be.

jdawg1077

Ellie
Apr 4 2013, 10:15 AM
This is great news. I was so happy with HLN's presentation, especially compared to the past 'Vegas years'. HLN took the Emmys back to what an awards show should be.
Agree 100%. The 'Vegas years' were atrocious. A real embarassment to the genre, but it was the only game in town. A show like this is a good fit for HLN. And HLN typically gets such low ratings that a show like this is seen as such a huge success (even though comparatively speaking the ratings are much lower compared to other Daytime Emmy show outings).

Now we just need the nominations to come out already...

somersetfan
Member Avatar

Not very shocked by this. And they actually have time to prepare! Last years show was put together very last minute.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Very good news!

Looking forward to this. Glad it's being televised.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Great news! HLN presented the Emmys much better than any network did in the last 10 years.

james0479
Member Avatar

Very excited to hear this news! HLN seems to be excited to broadcast this event and I was happy with their job with it last year. What's great (obviously) is these awards still have a home. I hope HLN will eventually become THE home of future daytime Emmys. Anything other than the CW or whatever that one year. Talk about embarrassing! This is exciting news and I can't wait for our annual live play by play!! :)
Edited by james0479, Apr 4 2013, 02:05 PM.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I really loved how involved HLN was with promoting the Emmys. They had the soap actors on their shows every night for interviews and always showed old soap clips during commercial breaks. Its a million steps up from that Vegas trash.

I read something that said they're going to be showing clips of old great Emmy moments throughout the telecast since its the 40th Daytime Emmys. I hope we get actor clips, but I'm not trying to be too greedy. As long as soaps get more of a focus. And I really hope they don't try to shuffle up the awards like last year. I hated Lead Actor being first. It might have caused people to have to watch the whole show, but c'mon. That should be one of the last awards. My only complaint. HLN is a great choice to host.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

This is such great news---I thought HLN did a good job last year and feel confident we will get a watchable awards show. It's also a good boost for soaps in general to have this televised. Although Days recently got renewed and GH made it to year 50 I still feel the future is uncertain for both shows so this can only help the genre.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Fantastic news!! I had such a fun time last year in the discussion thread, posting & watching. Can't wait to do it again in june!

:)

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

This is great that they MUST get rid of that canned electronic keyboard shit they did for nomination presentation and winners.

Winners should ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS be played to the stage with their shows theme song.

If HLN can get that part right, then its is as close to perfect for me as it can get really, outside of adding full clips.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

The Las Vegas years OMG were DREADUL...truly embarassing and I am still shocked at how many soap stars went to the 2nd year of that!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply