Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jaime Lyn Bauer (Laura) back to Days for 2 episodes
Topic Started: Apr 4 2013, 04:19 PM (4,686 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Logging in from Vegas to say the following: LAME...2 episodes BFD and fetch can suck my balls hard!
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Apr 4 2013, 08:22 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JoeBucs32

Two episodes?!?! What a waste! Bummer!!

Laura would fit so well on the larger storyline canvas right now, especially with Kristen in town!!

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Welp. I'll catch these on YouTube because I'm not supporting this sham of a show at all until they give me a reason to. Of course I wanted Susan Flannery back for a 6 month arch or permanently, but if they wanted to use JLB for the Kristen tie-in I was fine with it. When I heard speculation that this was a short-term return I was thinking at least 5 or 6 episodes. Not 2! Waste of time. She will only share scenes with Jennifer and maybe Daniel I'm sure!

I wanted to see Laura/Jennifer, Laura/Abigail, Laura/Kristen, Laura/Marlena, Laura/Kate, awkward Laura/Lucas, and I really wanted a Laura/Maggie smackdown especially after reading in today's daily thread that Maggie went after Jennifer for pushing Daniel away. This show is nothing but a big missed opportunity.
Edited by DiMeraFan67, Apr 4 2013, 09:47 PM.

Aimikins
Member Avatar

KMan101
Apr 4 2013, 04:19 PM
The new SOD confirms Jaime Lyn Bauer is back as Laura.

I don't have the details quite yet. Just read it on the SOD site where they preview the magazine on stands.

EDIT:
Scanned the article and it's just two episodes. I guess for right now. Jaime seemed open to appearing again, so hopefully ... I wish it were more like Nancy's return. I think soaps would benefit from having important characters show up for a few months when storyline calls for it.
I loathe that actress :blah:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aimikins
Member Avatar

anya
Apr 4 2013, 08:15 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! JLB annoys the crap out of me for some reason!
YES!! Cannot stand her~!

chinkybig

I'm all for Laura coming back, provided that the writers will NOT screw it up by making her sleep with Daniel like she did with Jack. That was horrendous.

But I will say yes to Marlena having her close friend back and giving her support with this Kristen debacle. I can't wait for confrontations like Marlena/Laura vs. Kristen; Laura vs. Kristen; Laura staring evil daggers at Kate; Laura + awkward interaction with Lucas (have we ever seen them interact? I don't remember); Laura vs. Stefano (ooohhh boy, let the craziness begin!).

Now, if Peter Blake (Jason Brooks) were to come back as well, I'd be really ecstatic. :D

Oak Alley
Member Avatar
I'll always love you. Always

I'm loving the thought of having Kristen & Laura in Salem at the same time, so I am on my knees praying to the soap gods that we'll see them interact!! Irritating that it's only for two episodes- and to prop Dannifer....BORING!!! GT desperately want us to like/love Dannifer that he brings legacy characters back in town to prop them, when it hasn't helped with those already in town. ARGH!

I would also love to see Laura interact with Abigail... :)

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

But WAIT!! (dramatic soapy music) DaysCafe said that Kritters scheme falls apart and that she should not underestimate John & Marlena because history can repeat itself. Laura was the catalyst in getting John to FINALLY see the truth about Kritter (with the Pillow baby, etc) with her coming back to town, it may be under the premise of pimping Danifer (OMG just typing that makes me feel stabby) but she might switch courses & join up with Marlena again to take Kritter DOWN!!! Aahhhh...this is My Happy Place. All are welcome, BYOB. :cheer: :cheers: :wine: :applause: :dance: :pray:

lysie
Member Avatar

I don't think she's even going to be in Salem.

Lil
Member Avatar

@ episodes! What a fuckin' rip-off!!!! ARRRRGH!!! Thsi means pretty much no interaction with Marlena/Kristen which SUCKS!!!! Dammit, DAYS why do you have to fuck up every return so royally?????? Bring her back long-term and bring Peter back too! THAT would be some good shit!

Lil
Member Avatar

I want another laser in Laura's head LOL That was one of my favorite DAYS scenes ever!!!

trojangal
Member Avatar

Unfortunately it looks like Laura is back for only 2 episodes and my guess is she will have scenes with Jen & maybe Abby & Dan.
It looks like any good stuff involving Marlena, Kristen, Kate & Laura won't happen :(
and this is why TIIC stink & are truly Idiots

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

What a waste.....she'll come in and tell Jennifer to fight for the man she loves and since we know that Chloe departs soon, it's obvious what happens.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Another Kritter hater,yahoooooooo.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Let's hope she's back for a double funeral.

six
Member Avatar

I'm disappointed that this will be such a short run.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

I don't even know why I get my hopes up with this show..

annie21

I agree that she probably won't be in Salem. If it's not a phone call, then it will probably be: at end of episode 1, Jennifer going to a hotel room door and knocking... the door opens and it's Laura. They squeal in delight and hug each other. Then, the second episode has a few scenes of them talking while Laura gives Jennifer encouragement to go back and fight for "her man." <<rolls eyes>> End of guest appearance.

kch

I can't believe it's only two episodes. What a perfect example of wasted story potential. Laura was a MAJOR part of Kristen's undoing in the 90s. I totally understand that not everyone can be around for long runs, or even brought back (for various money/contract/availability issues) when they could lend a hand to the story. But with everything going on right now Laura could be involved in multiple stories. If Laura Horton is in town and knows what is going on there is absolutely NO WAY that she wouldn't stand by Marlena's side and help her get to the bottom of what Kristen is up to. Why bring a major character back at the PERFECT time for only two episodes (for what are probably all the wrong reasons)? This makes no sense to me. At all.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

But....but.......my happy place.......

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply