Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jaime Lyn Bauer (Laura) back to Days for 2 episodes
Topic Started: Apr 4 2013, 04:19 PM (4,665 Views)
am103
Member Avatar

Well this kills my excitement. Nice one, Days.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tylerbo20

wow days has learned so much from GH bringing back vets lol...NOT so happy to see her again but if shes only doing phone calls to jen then not interested..ill still FF the show

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

Marlene
Apr 4 2013, 04:28 PM
JLB was a great crazy Laura and really the only Laura who had a relationship with Jen, but I'm still partial to SF.

I would love this to be long-term but I know not to get my hopes up. So I guess this is the vet who was rumored to be back. Now what about the other little spoken of character?
Susan Flannery is Laura to me, but any Laura is better than no Laura.

I hope it's not a two episode appearance for Dannifer's wedding. Worst nightmare.

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

JLB annoyed me at times but I wouldn't care if she was coming back to confirm the signs of mental illness in her daughter. But she won't be so, whatever.

nightfan

blueskies
Apr 5 2013, 09:35 AM
Let's hope she's back for a double funeral.
I'm telling you guys, characters that rarely seen only come back for major events. The last time was Alice's funeral, right?
This is a WEDDING. I know it's shocking, but Daniel will marry Jennifer. And that's why Laura will be here. There's simply no other explanation for such a rare television appearance.
Daniel and Jennifer are endgame with Jack dead. There's no othe viable alternative for Jennifer. Or Daniel, for that matter. They've written them into a corner by having them fall so deeply and madly in "love" (not that I've seen that on my screen, but the dialogue suggests it happen so it must have). The timing fits. Get them to the church on time... it's a wedding.
Edited by nightfan, Apr 6 2013, 12:26 AM.

nightfan

Daysfanatic79
Apr 5 2013, 08:06 PM
Marlene
Apr 4 2013, 04:28 PM
JLB was a great crazy Laura and really the only Laura who had a relationship with Jen, but I'm still partial to SF.

I would love this to be long-term but I know not to get my hopes up. So I guess this is the vet who was rumored to be back. Now what about the other little spoken of character?
Susan Flannery is Laura to me, but any Laura is better than no Laura.

I hope it's not a two episode appearance for Dannifer's wedding. Worst nightmare.
They're two different Lauras by this point. At this stage, SF's Laura is way too hard in facial features, after we were treated to JLB's softer, more feminine features. I have nothing against SF, but she's way too gritty for this role now. She was different way, way, way, way, way back then (before my time) when she was on the show.

chinkybig

SF has left B&B and retired for a reason. Why would she come back and be demoted to a Laura Horton, who yes, she may have protrayed originally, but let's face it, it is a complete 360 degrees downgrade versus Stephanie Forrester. I don't think she is that desperate for a job.

Jaime Lyn Bauer is great as Laura, just wishing she would be around longer and not propping Fetch.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

chinkybig
Apr 6 2013, 03:33 AM
SF has left B&B and retired for a reason. Why would she come back and be demoted to a Laura Horton, who yes, she may have protrayed originally, but let's face it, it is a complete 360 degrees downgrade versus Stephanie Forrester. I don't think she is that desperate for a job.

In the several Susan interviews I've read the past year, in each one she has said she has NOT retired from acting. She, like Ronn Moss, probably did not like the amount of the pay cut that was involved this past year.

lysie
Member Avatar

nightfan
Apr 6 2013, 12:25 AM
blueskies
I'm telling you guys, characters that rarely seen only come back for major events. The last time was Alice's funeral, right?
This is a WEDDING. I know it's shocking, but Daniel will marry Jennifer. And that's why Laura will be here. There's simply no other explanation for such a rare television appearance.
Daniel and Jennifer are endgame with Jack dead. There's no othe viable alternative for Jennifer. Or Daniel, for that matter. They've written them into a corner by having them fall so deeply and madly in "love" (not that I've seen that on my screen, but the dialogue suggests it happen so it must have). The timing fits. Get them to the church on time... it's a wedding.
We already have spoilers for the week she airs.

chinkybig

Jason47
Apr 6 2013, 02:51 PM
chinkybig

In the several Susan interviews I've read the past year, in each one she has said she has NOT retired from acting. She, like Ronn Moss, probably did not like the amount of the pay cut that was involved this past year.
Noted, thanks for the info. I guess my main point is: Laura Horton is a big downgrade from Stephanie Forrester, especially with how Days writers love to bastardize characters left and right. I would be really surprised if there comes a point in the near future hat she would want to be with Days.

nightfan

lysie
Apr 6 2013, 02:53 PM
nightfan
Apr 6 2013, 12:25 AM
blueskies
We already have spoilers for the week she airs.
I had no idea, lysie. Thought this would have been in 2014 since the show tapes so dang far ahead. And some people were saying 2014, too.
Thanks, stand corrected.
Edited by nightfan, Apr 6 2013, 09:21 PM.

nightfan

Jason47
Apr 6 2013, 02:51 PM
chinkybig

Does that make any sense, though? How can someone not be happy with a pay cut but instead choose to leave the job and get absolutely no money? Something's better than nothing. These actors' logic eludes me.

Nate
Member Avatar

nightfan
Apr 4 2013, 08:16 PM
It's for two episodes? Sorry, guys, but Laura is solely back for a Daniel and Jennifer wedding. The timing fits.
That was my thought. Ugh. Hope it doesn't happen.

Days Pretender
Member Avatar

Maybe it is just my eyes, but I thought I read that Jen has her tickets for London, cause that is where Laura is staying, and how long she will stay was not certain. Maybe she might be gone for a while.... One can hope.. Maybe go back with mom.
Edited by Days Pretender, Apr 7 2013, 03:13 PM.

annie21

Maybe I'm wrong, but I see two separate things in the spoilers. I see that Jennifer gets advice from her mother. It's not clear where these brief scenes will take place, but they could even be by phone.

Meanwhile, we get spoilers variously reporting that Jennifer plans to take a trip, she plans to move to London to be with JJ, and so on. My own sense is that she won't actually go. We'll see Daniel putting the pieces together and confronting Chloe. And then we'll get that mad dash to the airport where he'll stop Jennifer before she boards the flight. Cue melodramatic reunion.

tylerbo20

Days sucks period.

nightfan

tylerbo20
Apr 8 2013, 07:57 PM
Days sucks period.
I think that's a bit harsh. The Wabi baby story seems to be a winner with many viewers. It's stagnated, but it'll ramp up again.

LovingDays

Posted Image

King
Member Avatar

OMG! YAY! Contract, PUH-LEEZE!

BradyB

It was nice seeing Laura today.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply