Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Zack Conroy's Oliver Jones to Crossover From B&B to Y&R ( Updated 4/19th)
Topic Started: Apr 4 2013, 07:41 PM (1,673 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

Exclusive: Zack Conroy's Oliver Jones to Crossover From Bold and Beautiful to The Young and the Restless!

The Young and the Restless' fashion storyline, featuring Jabot Cosmetics branching off into the garment trade, is heating up. It only makes sense that daytime's top soap would get a little help from its glitzy, sister sudser The Bold and the Beautiful. I've learned Zack Conroy is set to crossover from B&B to Y&R as in demand fashion photographer Oliver Jones!
Hunky Conroy, who got his soapy start on Guiding Light, will tape his Y&R scenes in mid-April. He is set to begin airing on Tuesday, May 21. As of right now, he's slated for at least two Y&R episodes

Daytime Confidential

Update April 19th

Zack Conroy shows up in Genoa City on May 21. JG says with Chelsea’s fashion division heating up it’s the perfect time for a crossover. Turns out that Oliver and Tyler are old friends and he agrees to help him out in a photo shoot. “Oliver will shoot the fashion spread with Summer and Mason and be quite taken with Summer’s modeling.”

For now, his stint is only just for two days but he could return at a later date. “Oliver’s arrival in Genoa City is part of a planned larger crossover story involving several key players.”

Edited by Daytime, Apr 19 2013, 10:45 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

somersetfan
Member Avatar

Hopefully he crosses over fulltime. B&B have wasted him by not having him be a major player in the never ending Hope/Liam/Steffy story. Good young actor....history with Hope? Come on Brad? WTF
Edited by somersetfan, Apr 4 2013, 08:16 PM.

LPS
Member Avatar

I'm sorry, but I thought this kid was AWFUL on B&B. Holy sh*t! When he told Hope he boinked Brooke, his pathetic and monotone response "Hope...don't go" was pitiful.

natdot99
Member Avatar

They should have sent the owners who own 50% of FC to the Y&R, Thomas and Steffy Forrester.
That would have caused Victoria, Nick, Adam, and Abby heads to Posted Image, since they don't have controlling interest in NE.
Edited by natdot99, Apr 4 2013, 10:12 PM.

vani

Take Hope PALEEZE! :hail: :cheer:

lovetoloveya

They need to send some Y&R people to B&B.

natdot99
Member Avatar

lovetoloveya
Apr 6 2013, 06:32 PM

They did send some characters from the Y&R to the B&B when William Bell was writing for both shows, Ashley)who almost married Ridge, but got stalked by Storm Logan when Brooke needed her out the way to get to Ridge, Lauren(she was married to Eric Forrester at one time), and everyone OCD sociopath psychopath Sheila Carter.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

lovetoloveya
yes, like Lauren, please take her paranoid ho ass back to B&B!

lovetoloveya

natdot99
Apr 6 2013, 08:19 PM
lovetoloveya

They did send some characters from the Y&R to the B&B when William Bell was writing for both shows, Ashley)who almost married Ridge, but got stalked by Storm Logan when Brooke needed her out the way to get to Ridge, Lauren(she was married to Eric Forrester at one time), and everyone OCD sociopath psychopath Sheila Carter.

Not talking about years ago.I know who crossed over. I'm talking about now! It's been awhile since Y&R crossed over to B&B.

natdot99
Member Avatar

lovetoloveya
Apr 12 2013, 06:34 AM
natdot99
lovetoloveya

Not talking about years ago.I know who crossed over. I'm talking about now! It's been awhile since Y&R crossed over to B&B.

Each soap opera is owned by a different company and owns the right to the character. Both writing teams would have reach a consensus on maintaining the character on each show.For example, GH used three OLTL characters on their show, due to PP owning the characters, they are returning to GH as new characters.
Sony owns both DOOL and Y&R and that why it was so easy to ED to be on DOOL.

lovetoloveya

natdot99
Apr 12 2013, 07:09 AM
lovetoloveya
natdot99
lovetoloveya

Each soap opera is owned by a different company and owns the right to the character. Both writing teams would have reach a consensus on maintaining the character on each show.For example, GH used three OLTL characters on their show, due to PP owning the characters, they are returning to GH as new characters.
Ken Corday who owns DAYS also owns a piece of Y&R. And B&B character is crossing over to Y&R because of the Bells have ownership in both shows. There's no reason a Y&R character can't go over to B&B but B&Bers are always in Genoa City. It's not comparable to the GH PP situation at all. That was leasing characters from two different companies

natdot99
Member Avatar

lovetoloveya
Apr 12 2013, 01:24 PM
natdot99
Apr 12 2013, 07:09 AM
lovetoloveya
natdot99

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Ken Corday who owns DAYS also owns a piece of Y&R. And B&B character is crossing over to Y&R because of the Bells have ownership in both shows. There's no reason a Y&R character can't go over to B&B but B&Bers are always in Genoa City. It's not comparable to the GH PP situation at all. That was leasing characters from two different companies

Sony is the company that own both DOOL and Y&R, they are the same company that make electronics, phones, and the famous Playstation 3 game system. Korday is the writing team that works for Sony and only writes for DOOL, JP is the head writer that writes only for the Y&R, Sony maintains the rights to both shows and each character. The Bells only own the B&B, not the Y&R. All writers are must follow union rules for each show. I mentioned PP because since they brought the rights to both AMC and OLTL, they own all the characters for each show. It the same way with DOOL, Y&R, and B&B. Sony owns the rights to both DOOl and Y&R characters and Bell owns the rights tot the B&B character. I hope this simplifies things.
Edited by natdot99, Apr 12 2013, 02:06 PM.

Daytime
Member Avatar

Update April 19th

Zack Conroy shows up in Genoa City on May 21. JG says with Chelsea’s fashion division heating up it’s the perfect time for a crossover. Turns out that Oliver and Tyler are old friends and he agrees to help him out in a photo shoot. “Oliver will shoot the fashion spread with Summer and Mason and be quite taken with Summer’s modeling.”

For now, his stint is only just for two days but he could return at a later date. “Oliver’s arrival in Genoa City is part of a planned larger crossover story involving several key players.”

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply