Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: Frisco/Felicia/Mac spoiler
Topic Started: Apr 4 2013, 08:47 PM (3,104 Views)
dragonflies
Member Avatar

Kristina Wagner said in the new tv guide that Felicia "sends Frisco packing" looks like she chooses Mac
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

thanks for posting...

nightfan

Realistic. The level-headed woman always goes with the boring, straight-laced, lame "nice guy" for the long haul.
but with Frisco, she would have had passion.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I'm not surprised by this because Felicia would have basically been butchered if she chose Frisco again. I don't think they could have ever returned to the show if they left together again. This also keeps Kristina Wagner on canvas and opens up the door for Jack Wagner to come back anytime he decides to drop his demands and come work for less like everyone else.

There's no doubt in my mind that Frisco and Felicia are endgame. They do belong together. But not right now unless they're both leaving forever and never coming back.

nightfan

DiMeraFan67
Apr 4 2013, 09:58 PM
I'm not surprised by this because Felicia would have basically been butchered if she chose Frisco again. I don't think they could have ever returned to the show if they left together again. This also keeps Kristina Wagner on canvas and opens up the door for Jack Wagner to come back anytime he decides to drop his demands and come work for less like everyone else.

There's no doubt in my mind that Frisco and Felicia are endgame. They do belong together. But not right now unless they're both leaving forever and never coming back.
And that would be terrible (catch 22 for me) because that would mean they're BOTH neglecting Maxie!

natdot99
Member Avatar

Finally Felicia is showing some common sense. She chose Mac because he has been to hell and back with her with her daughters. Frisco didn't even come for his own daughter funeral, so that pretty much nailed his coffin.
I was :eyeroll: when Frisco was channeling Brooke Logan by snapping his fingers and poof/ all his problems with Felicia is gone/ his family loves him and needs him/ and expected Mac to step aside so that he could reclaim his destiny, LOL.

Soapwatcher

I was a Frisco/Felicia fan from the getgo, and I wanted Jack W. and Kristina to be together in real life, they were, they have two sons together, I have a feeling it was a bitter divorce, so how could Felicia pick Frisco when he hasn't been there for years, it would be hard to play love scenes with someone you once were married to and know that you're both over each other. Although I have seen divorce couples play in shows together and seem to get along, Vincent Izarry (sp) and Signy Coleman are two that come to mind they even recommend each other for roles on shows they appear on. I felt today that Jack was phony, I think because I knew he was actually play acting this role, whereas in the 80's and 90's he and Kristina were really falling in love and it showed on the show and I couldn't wait every day to see them together now I want to tell her to run run fast as you can.

dragonflies
Member Avatar

Quote:

This also keeps Kristina Wagner on canvas and opens up the door for Jack Wagner to come back anytime he decides to drop his demands and come work for less like everyone else.

LOL what demands? Please don't believe everything you read, it's not true in the slightest, if it were we'd have heard it from a RELIABLE source

nightfan

natdot99
Apr 5 2013, 07:37 AM
Finally Felicia is showing some common sense. She chose Mac because he has been to hell and back with her with her daughters. Frisco didn't even come for his own daughter funeral, so that pretty much nailed his coffin.
I was :eyeroll: when Frisco was channeling Brooke Logan by snapping his fingers and poof/ all his problems with Felicia is gone/ his family loves him and needs him/ and expected Mac to step aside so that he could reclaim his destiny, LOL.
Mac was there for her and her daughters. I get that, yes. But here's the problem: he's boring. And lacks passion. And he's seriously unfunny. This ventriloquist act hasn't done the character any favors, either. He's a stick-in-the-mud. Felicia can have him for a best friend, a confidante or a rock to lean on for his loyalty.
But she needs a MAN with PASSION and FIRE and a sense of humor to not just be "loyal" like a dog, and not just a father figure, but a husband with whom she wants to have sex every night and be peeled off the ceiling from the heat afterward.

Mac can't give her that.
We can agree that Frisco might not be the best choice, given the history.

But what about another man who can come into town? She needs a casanova. Mac feels like the booby prize.

He's loyal.
He's safe.
He's sweet.

So are dogs. But that combination a marriage doesn't make.

He's got the loyalty. Now he needs to bring the HEAT to convince me otherwise. Lose the lame puppet act and SEDUCE Felicia for crying out loud. Be a man, for goodness' sake. Show me the sexy.

Ugh. I'm ranting. But you get the picture.

Any man > Mac

natdot99
Member Avatar

When a person get older, so does their relationship needs. Felicia is no spring chicken, and she needs a man who can give her some stability.Frisco could not even get away for his daughter funeral pretty much nailed his coffin.
I rather be with a man who willing to be with me from hell and back, over someone who shows up when some other man has cleaned up his mess. :wub:
Edited by natdot99, Apr 5 2013, 09:45 PM.

bygnedys

He took her back after she shacked up with Luke, that says a lot about the man.

It is funny though, that when Mac first showed up in P.C. he was the wild one, the black sheep of the Scorpio family.

nightfan

bygnedys
Apr 5 2013, 10:16 PM
He took her back after she shacked up with Luke, that says a lot about the man.

It is funny though, that when Mac first showed up in P.C. he was the wild one, the black sheep of the Scorpio family.
Wow, really? Then his new portrayal isn't doing him any favors. The directors probably designated Frisco as the lovable jerk and Mac the secure, shoulder-to-cry-on, committed sweetheart. But JE went way too far in that direction and just made him about as bad as Jennifer Horton on Days. "The good one." To the point that it's nauseating.

Anon

I think John York has aged way better than Jack Wagner and is sexy as hell for his age. The problem is that Mac seems boring because he's always Mr. do the right thing, there are no gray areas to make him seem complex like Frisco. There is no way that Maxie could have ever confided in him about the pregnancy, whereas Frisco has kept her secret and finally came through for her when it came to handling the Britch. Doesn't matter though it's too little too late, Felicia should definitely pick Mac. He's hot, he's been a good father to her children and has shown her time and again that he loves her unconditionally.

nightfan

Anon
Apr 6 2013, 03:31 AM
I think John York has aged way better than Jack Wagner and is sexy as hell for his age. The problem is that Mac seems boring because he's always Mr. do the right thing, there are no gray areas to make him seem complex like Frisco. There is no way that Maxie could have ever confided in him about the pregnancy, whereas Frisco has kept her secret and finally came through for her when it came to handling the Britch. Doesn't matter though it's too little too late, Felicia should definitely pick Mac. He's hot, he's been a good father to her children and has shown her time and again that he loves her unconditionally.
Did we get confirmation that Frisco broke Britch's leg?
At first, I thought he was rolling with Britch's suspicion and letting her believe he had people pull a Tonya Harding on her, but now I'm not so sure. She admitted to her mother that she is clumsy and that she fell. Maybe that was a lie, but I got the sense that it wasn't.

nightfan

Anon
It's not about looks. Just give him some human edge, like you said, and I'll be fine with Felicia picking him.
But that ventriloquist act at the Nurses Ball was BEYOND THE PALE. He should have been there to support AIDS research, but instead, he made a public spectacle out of Frisco.
He was the smaller man for doing so.
He pissed me off for doing so.
It was the MOST passive aggressive dig I've ever seen a man give to "out-do" a man on soaps.
What a coward!
He has a long way to go to redeem himself for me. But if he can do it, then I'll side with you. As you pointed out, he has been a good father figure. And that does count for something.
Still, a LONG way to go.

molsongrrrl

Quote:

Realistic. The level-headed woman always goes with the boring, straight-laced, lame "nice guy" for the long haul.
but with Frisco, she would have had passion.

How do you know she has no passion with Mac? I really dislike the idea that just because a man is stable, he is boring and therefore the lesser man.

I have a feeling Mac and Felicia could bring the passion and hot if the writers ever bothered writing for them! I think John York would have no issue rocking a storyline if Mac was given one. The fact that Mac is generally in the background and ignored by the writers doesn't mean he has no personality.

Quote:

he made a public spectacle out of Frisco.

I'll agree Mac should have left the personal stuff out of his stupid act. However, after Frisco basically said Felicia should chose him because he was filet mignon compared to cold fish Mac - I can hardly blame Mac. Frisco should be grateful and respectful about the fact that Mac raised his damn kids. He should never be talking smack of any kind about Mac.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

While I get people wanting Felicia to pick Mac since he's raised her children and is the stable one and all that for me being a long time viewer Frisco and Felicia were one of my all time favorite GH couples. The chemistry those two had was amazing. Of course they ruined the story because JW left the show and then eventually KW did too.
Edited by Crazygirl, Apr 7 2013, 12:43 PM.

beanlynch

nightfan
Apr 5 2013, 09:21 PM
natdot99
Apr 5 2013, 07:37 AM
Mac was there for her and her daughters. I get that, yes. But here's the problem: he's boring. And lacks passion. And he's seriously unfunny. This ventriloquist act hasn't done the character any favors, either. He's a stick-in-the-mud. Felicia can have him for a best friend, a confidante or a rock to lean on for his loyalty.
But she needs a MAN with PASSION and FIRE and a sense of humor to not just be "loyal" like a dog, and not just a father figure, but a husband with whom she wants to have sex every night and be peeled off the ceiling from the heat afterward.

Mac can't give her that.
We can agree that Frisco might not be the best choice, given the history.

But what about another man who can come into town? She needs a casanova. Mac feels like the booby prize.

He's loyal.
He's safe.
He's sweet.

So are dogs. But that combination a marriage doesn't make.

He's got the loyalty. Now he needs to bring the HEAT to convince me otherwise. Lose the lame puppet act and SEDUCE Felicia for crying out loud. Be a man, for goodness' sake. Show me the sexy.

Ugh. I'm ranting. But you get the picture.

Any man > Mac
That is not love. That "passion" is the product of hormones which have been scientifically studied intensively. It is common in the first two years of a relationship to feel a chemical high. After that two years ends that high tends to taper off and one might seem to think that something is wrong. That high can come back if there is uncertainty or instability in a relationship because the adrenaline that that kind of anxiety produces recreates that feeling of high. But none of that is what love truly is. Love is compassion and empathy. Any good parent understands this because we have relationships with our children whom we give to more than we get from. But we never see it this way because (another social-scientific fact), people tend to feel more fulfilled in their relationship when they give more to the relationship than when they receive. We don't have the expectations that our children will give back equally and therefore, we can love with without thinking we're missing something which is one of the reasons why people often have healthier relationships with their children than they do with their spouses.

Chemical passion is not love. This immature understanding of what love is the reason that a lot of marriages fail, because when thing plateau and there isn't that high, people assume that the other person is not "the one", and they stop trying to work things out. Some people are addicted to this chemical feeling because it is like a drug. And so they jump from relationship to relationship.

I'm a father. There is nothing more important to me than my daughters. I would never ever allow anything to come before them and when my ex-wife and I got divorced I gave up a lot to be able to be an equal parent and my kids live with me more than half the time. Frisco is a fictional character. But as a fictional character, he's not a man. He doesn't deserve my respect as a man. He's more concerned with wooing his ex-wife than he is in rebuilding his relationship with his daughter and making amends to the daughter who he will never know, something that I would be traumatized by and would never forgive myself for. Mac deserves more than respect. He raised those girls even when both parents were gone. He is their dad! If Fisco was a man he would be more concerned with showing respect and honor to the man who did what he failed to do, than get hung up in an immature and childish idea of what love is.

It's normal for us to enjoy that chemical high. As we survive a few relationships hopefully we get wiser and in that we realize that passion, which always enjoyable and something a couple should find new ways to stimulate and keep things fresh, is empty compared to a deep friendship, shared intellectual interests, and a compassionate caring for each other and respect.

What you speak of isn't "true love" and it's not what marriages are built from. It is perhaps okay for people who enjoy the high and aren't looking for a secure life long relationship.

beanlynch

nightfan
Apr 6 2013, 09:19 PM
Anon
It's not about looks. Just give him some human edge, like you said, and I'll be fine with Felicia picking him.
But that ventriloquist act at the Nurses Ball was BEYOND THE PALE. He should have been there to support AIDS research, but instead, he made a public spectacle out of Frisco.
He was the smaller man for doing so.
He pissed me off for doing so.
It was the MOST passive aggressive dig I've ever seen a man give to "out-do" a man on soaps.
What a coward!
He has a long way to go to redeem himself for me. But if he can do it, then I'll side with you. As you pointed out, he has been a good father figure. And that does count for something.
Still, a LONG way to go.
Seriously, you think a stupid act that is obviously coming from being hurt badly emotionally is a more important issue than raising their kids? He could never EVER be the smaller man, because he raised those girls! Frisco owes this man more than he could ever repay. He's been a disrespectful and self centered ass. I don't care what he was like on this show 25 years ago. He's a self centered dick now!

Honestly, I don't see why anyone should think that they should have a choice. Felicia's character is so self involved herself, it's pathetic. I would never allow another woman to come into my heart. I stood by my girlfriend through breast cancer, the bond of standing together, of supporting each other, there is no way I would let anyone else anywhere close to my heart and if I was attracted to someone I would not spend time with them. My ex-wife and I had a very romantic courtship, I proposed to her atop the Eifel Tower, I knew her since I was child and was her friend for many years. But she doesn't have the emotional maturity my girlfriend does and she cheated on me and never showed care for how it hurt me. And I realized that I'm so much more connected with this woman who is my best friend, a woman who is very serious and very mindful, than I ever was with my ex-wife, no matter what kind of passionate adventures we once had when we were young.

I swear, these kinds of characters are self-centered train wrecks. Hopefully Felicia will wise up or get off the show.
Edited by beanlynch, Apr 7 2013, 02:32 PM.

Lanemack
Member Avatar

Wasn't going to read ANY spoilers. I'm SO weak. ;)

Guess that I'm in the minority here - I never found Felicia good with anyone BUT Frisco. It would interesting if Frisco/Felicia got together only to find out he came back because he was sick/dying. I guess that having her choose Mac will ultimately lead to Frisco's exit once again. *sigh* I knew it was too good to be true.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply