Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Friday, April 5th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 5 2013, 07:03 AM (9,297 Views)
jdawg1077

I'm a little behind the curve, but I'm finally ff-ing through Fetchiffer. This is the first time I've ff-ed through a story on Days in a long time.

In general I haven't been too upset with the character of Jennifer. I know a lot of folks on here hate her these days. I sometimes wonder if the anti-MR feelings had a hand in the increased dislike of her character. If you put it on a chart, the lines would probably mimick one another. I felt similarly at the time (I was one who politely took her to task on Twitter and was subsequently blocked), but that initial negative feeling towards Jennifer at the time (as a result of MR) has since abated. She suitably fits the "heroine" role on the show for me, and I actually like her (and respect her) when she gets in the faces of Chloe, Nicole, and Nancy. I'm a sucker for a hero/heroine with a backbone and a brain.

But this latest turn of events is so horribly, stupidly written that I've now caught up with the rest of you. She couldn't tell Daniel on the side what Chloe had done?! And they couldn't have worked out a plan where they "faked" a break-up?! GMAFB! This is the same lazy, plot-driven writing that is currently ruining John and Marlena, with dialogue and actions being written for characters that I've known my entire life that are completely OUT OF CHARACTER.

Fetchiffer, in general, does not sway me one way or the other. I'm a J/J fan from my childhood, and Fetchiffer I could take or leave. I don't root for them, I don't root against them. For me they're just there to take up story space, and if the story is good, I will watch. And this story just got very, very bad.

I'll be skipping the rest of it until Chloe leaves (later this month I believe) and their story has been resolved. Maybe I'll tune in for the inevitable Chloe reveal/slap. But that will be it. And if John and Marlena continue to be written horribly, that will be two stories that I will be FF-ing through. Which is not a good sign for someone who has watched in some way/shape/form for 30 years.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

The Fetch day from hell continues...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Well ALL RIGHT Cam & his shiny ham...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I find it ironic that Cameron is pretty much what Jett did in real life. lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Pop-Up Hope here to get all the scoop on Fetch-Fallout. smdh
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I'm not entirely sure whether I really care if Cameron can act or not now....
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Cam's doing his best Rocky impression!

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

From this point forward, I'm referring to Cameron Davis as "Golden Boy".
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Matt
Apr 5 2013, 11:44 AM
SocRMum1
Apr 5 2013, 11:31 AM
Matt
Apr 5 2013, 11:04 AM
Cincy (or Cincinnasty as we've called it for years) is just right next door (literally!) from KY so we here in KY talk about it all the time. In fact, the Cincy airport is actually on OUR side of the river. And the famous opening of Edge of Night (which uses the Cincy skyline) was filmed from KY looking at Cincy.

</tangent>
Hater! :toetap:
Well, in our defense, the nickname is an old one that goes back decades and, from what I hear, it was VERY applicable. I hear the Queen City is much nicer now.
Awww...I was just teasing. ;)

Cincy/Northern Ky have always had identity issues. My daughter and son in law both work in KY but live in Cincy. As you said, the Cincy airport is actually in KY. And although we proudly lay claim to the Clooneys (Rosemary, Nick and George) as our own...they actually are N Ky natives.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Nathan Owens has more than enough to make Marcus Patrick jealous....
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

SocRMum1
Apr 5 2013, 12:06 PM
Matt
SocRMum1
Matt
Apr 5 2013, 11:04 AM
Cincy (or Cincinnasty as we've called it for years) is just right next door (literally!) from KY so we here in KY talk about it all the time. In fact, the Cincy airport is actually on OUR side of the river. And the famous opening of Edge of Night (which uses the Cincy skyline) was filmed from KY looking at Cincy.

</tangent>
Hater! :toetap:
Well, in our defense, the nickname is an old one that goes back decades and, from what I hear, it was VERY applicable. I hear the Queen City is much nicer now.

Cincy/Northern Ky have always had identity issues. My daughter and son in law both work in KY but live in Cincy. As you said, the Cincy airport is actually in KY. And although we proudly lay claim to the Clooneys (Rosemary, Nick and George) as our own...they actually are N Ky natives.

I beg your pardon. WE lay claim to the Clooneys. We always have. They've got a big museum in Maysville I think. lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

More fabulous subtext between Father McHottie & Elfquest.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Ugh, Nicole I love you but please grow the hell up.
Edited by Panda Panda, Apr 5 2013, 12:10 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Matt
Apr 5 2013, 12:03 PM
Pop-Up Hope here to get all the scoop on Fetch-Fallout. smdh
i'm glad that Pop-Up Hope isn't just there to console JenJen and knows that there's something funky going on. I'd love to here Hope expand on what parts of what JenJen said at the hospital didn't sound like her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

bwahahahahaha Kristen to John: "That mullet. What were you thinking?" DEAD!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I'm not entire sure how I feel about Hope's jacket. I like it, but... then I don't.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Chloe, I'm pretty sure Philip, Lucas, and Brady are grinding their teeth right about now and thinking of ways to give you another flesh eating virus..
Edited by Panda Panda, Apr 5 2013, 02:45 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

SWEET BABY JESUS! Golden Boy is making it BOUNCE!
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Matt
Apr 5 2013, 12:08 PM
SocRMum1
Apr 5 2013, 12:06 PM
Matt
SocRMum1

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I beg your pardon. WE lay claim to the Clooneys. We always have. They've got a big museum in Maysville I think. lol
Yeah, yeah...BUT George claims the Reds and Bengals as his 'hometown' teams. BOOYAH!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Matt
Apr 5 2013, 12:13 PM
I'm not entire sure how I feel about Hope's jacket. I like it, but... then I don't.
would you like her to take it off & be in the plaid shirt she was in the last time we saw her.......exactly a week ago?
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic