Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Preview 4/8/13
Topic Started: Apr 5 2013, 08:44 PM (2,665 Views)
Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I like Shawn C ( he needs to shave that carpet on his chest tho), I'm just sick of Daniel and his propettes (Maggie,Abi, Chloe, Hope, ect)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lazydazes
Member Avatar

They do actually want people to watch the show, don`t they? I could buy this feverish dannifer explosion if I`d seen fans clamoring for them, and I haven`t. That`s what`s makes it such an utter shame that they HOG up so much airtime. I`m just getting that what viewers want and what the DAYS suits want don`t even equate. Fans turned out in droves to support Matt Ashford and the scribes knew that the jack/jenn/daniel triangle was in trouble. So what do they do? Ship daniel out of salem for a few weeks, thinking that`ll help. After Daniel`s return, they went full-fledged with their dannifer quest. Jack, Nicole, Parker/Phillip, and Chloe have all went to the slaughter house and gutted shamelessly for their tasteless delight known as dannifer. And JJ`s entrance will only ensure more overexposure to the dannifer crapfest.
And IMO, its a down right dirty shame that better/more interesting characters/storylines are languishing on the backburner for this shit. That`s my beef.

Edited by lazydazes, Apr 6 2013, 12:23 PM.

supercool74
Member Avatar

I haven't watched this promo and don't intend to. Wasn't it just last week I was asking when the last time was that we had a promo NOT Dannifer related? It just keeps going on and on.....it's like they are purposely trying to get people not to watch.

soapfan326

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_YyrQpU5Wg. Here is the YouTube version. Enjoy.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

soapfan326
Apr 6 2013, 01:02 PM
haha I'm actually nervous clicking on the link, just because of Dannifer!!

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

danniferfan
Apr 6 2013, 12:07 AM
You guys are nuts if you don't see anything in Shawn Christian! He's very handsome and OHHH BTW, I'm a Dannifer fan. 2 more weeks of this shit!
I will proudly be called nuts if it means that I don't find that greasy, unwashed hairball attractive. In fact, I find nearly every other man in Salem more attractive than Dr. Orange Glow. To each his own. :shrug:

KweenBoda
Member Avatar

Because of the character of Dr. Tickle my pecker, we have had a legacy character killed off..other legacy characters destroyed..That is simply disgusting.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

soapfan326
Apr 6 2013, 01:02 PM
Enjoy? Isn't that a contradiction in terms?

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

@lazydazes, if you want to find Dannifer fans, go on Days' fb page. Trust me, there are plenty of fans there who want them. It shocked the hell out of me. :ermm:

Ana75
Member Avatar

MissLola
Apr 5 2013, 08:57 PM
Enough of this shit already. This guy does NOTHING for me. Nothing.
He never has and he never will do anything for me. Don't get why Days still forces him on the viewers.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

They brought Chloe on to pimp Danifer & make us like them together? Sorry - it backfired. I still hate Danifer and now, Chloe is just garbage.

Making Daniel Haggie's frozen-egg-baby was ridiculous - and did they ever say who his bio-father is? Besides, in my never-to-be-humble opinion, there is NO chemistry between the characters and their history of back&forth&back&forth is nauseating at best. Pair 'em up, send 'em off to Doctors without Borders and leave them there.

Romancer66

Ana75
Apr 7 2013, 01:42 PM
MissLola
He never has and he never will do anything for me. Don't get why Days still forces him on the viewers.
Because Daniel is Gary Tomlin's Gary Stu--his perfect fictional avatar who can do no wrong--and he also has a huge hard-on for SC? I'm about out of all other explanations as to why this poorly drawn, indifferently executed character continues to be front and center, week in and week out.

uclan
Member Avatar

I too am nuts cause I hate Dannifer. The issue for me is that Daniel is not a rootable character. I think he lacks a basic moral compass. This is from the beginning with Chelsea/Kate. No amount of good deeds or saving lives can erase the needy gropy vibe I get from him. He's a user and I don't get how the Jennifer I knew would have any use for him. Lucas spoke the truth about Daniel. Everyone else is blinded by the orange-glo

lysie
Member Avatar

Romancer66
Apr 7 2013, 03:01 PM
Ana75
MissLola
Because Daniel is Gary Tomlin's Gary Stu--his perfect fictional avatar who can do no wrong--and he also has a huge hard-on for SC? I'm about out of all other explanations as to why this poorly drawn, indifferently executed character continues to be front and center, week in and week out.
You know...I kind of don't think it's a Tomlin thing. If it were, he'd have been let go during the reset. Same with Rafe and Melanie.

spartan
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Apr 6 2013, 08:04 PM
@lazydazes, if you want to find Dannifer fans, go on Days' fb page. Trust me, there are plenty of fans there who want them. It shocked the hell out of me. :ermm:
IKR?! I just checked out their page the other day and I was shocked by how many people are pissed at Chloe and are crying for Daniel and Chicken Nugget to be reunited yesterday. It blew my mind. Really it did.

To each their own. Have always found Shawn Christian to be extremely gracious, kind and fun to be around but can no longer stand Daniel, all because of Fetch.

Romancer66

uclan
Apr 7 2013, 03:48 PM
I too am nuts cause I hate Dannifer. The issue for me is that Daniel is not a rootable character. I think he lacks a basic moral compass. This is from the beginning with Chelsea/Kate. No amount of good deeds or saving lives can erase the needy gropy vibe I get from him. He's a user and I don't get how the Jennifer I knew would have any use for him. Lucas spoke the truth about Daniel. Everyone else is blinded by the orange-glo
It's everyone else's blindness that makes me despise Daniel even more. Give me an honest sinner striving openly for redemption, not a creep doing immoral, unethical, self-serving, sleazy things while the whole town looks the other way, hails him as a saint, and calls him "the best man [they've] ever known."

Sparrow

Yeppers. The whole "He's so amazing and wonderful that Jennifer is the only one perfect enough to deserve him" angle is grating and tiresome. Personally I prefer characters with acknowledged flaws. I admit that I am someone who tends to root for underdogs and antiheroes, but I don't automatically dislike the good guy. Except when the good guy is hypocritical and condescending and can only be raised up to white hat status by putting and bringing everyone else around him down. If taking a character like Chloe Lane, who by most accounts started out as a likable, rootable character, and placing her under the heel of Fetch is necessary to make them the heroes of their story, then perhaps they need to rethink the term "hero". Bringing Nadia back like this was a terrible mistake. First of all, most folks were pretty unhappy with the way her last run ended, and to bring her back just to further trash her character, I think shows pretty poor judgement and a complete disregard for the audience. Second, it's impossible to not be reminded that she was driven off the show right as Fetch were getting started. And it's damn impossible not to be reminded that it was the shitty way that Daniel treated her that led to her being brought low. Without her presence, maybe... I don't know. But with her beautiful face onscreen, all I can think about is what a complete and utter dickass Daniel is. And to hear all the ladies of Salem venerating him and talking about how "someone like me doesn't deserve a guy as great as Daniel" just really pisses me off. Every single one of those women deserves someone a hell of a lot better. Jennifer can have him. I just wish they didn't have to trash everyone else around them to make them interesting. Especially since it isn't working. At. All.

annie21

lysie
Apr 7 2013, 03:53 PM
Romancer66
Apr 7 2013, 03:01 PM
Ana75
MissLola
You know...I kind of don't think it's a Tomlin thing. If it were, he'd have been let go during the reset. Same with Rafe and Melanie.
Imo, MarDar chose to use those characters in their mix. Tomlin pushes Daniel to the front burner(and to the max). It's so blatant and "in-your-face."

But maybe you're right. Maybe it's Bruce Evans who is so inexplicably sold on this Daniel character and on Fetch. Then again, would he be the one to specify all the "Daniel's so perfect" and "Daniel's too good for me" dialogue for all the Salem women? Yikes, I sure hope not.

As for Rafe, it does seem like TPTB are the ones who told Tomlin to put Ejami together and move Rafe somewhere else.

Romancer66

Sparrow
Apr 7 2013, 05:45 PM
Yeppers. The whole "He's so amazing and wonderful that Jennifer is the only one perfect enough to deserve him" angle is grating and tiresome. Personally I prefer characters with acknowledged flaws. I admit that I am someone who tends to root for underdogs and antiheroes, but I don't automatically dislike the good guy. Except when the good guy is hypocritical and condescending and can only be raised up to white hat status by putting and bringing everyone else around him down. If taking a character like Chloe Lane, who by most accounts started out as a likable, rootable character, and placing her under the heel of Fetch is necessary to make them the heroes of their story, then perhaps they need to rethink the term "hero". Bringing Nadia back like this was a terrible mistake. First of all, most folks were pretty unhappy with the way her last run ended, and to bring her back just to further trash her character, I think shows pretty poor judgement and a complete disregard for the audience. Second, it's impossible to not be reminded that she was driven off the show right as Fetch were getting started. And it's damn impossible not to be reminded that it was the shitty way that Daniel treated her that led to her being brought low. Without her presence, maybe... I don't know. But with her beautiful face onscreen, all I can think about is what a complete and utter dickass Daniel is. And to hear all the ladies of Salem venerating him and talking about how "someone like me doesn't deserve a guy as great as Daniel" just really pisses me off. Every single one of those women deserves someone a hell of a lot better. Jennifer can have him. I just wish they didn't have to trash everyone else around them to make them interesting. Especially since it isn't working. At. All.
For you the issue is Chloe, and I agree she's been treated very shabbily by both incarnations of this regime. MarDar at least tried to give her some dignity back when they wrote her, even if she exited under their pens. But for me, the issue is--not exclusively, but still significantly--Jack. I can't get past that he died solely to facilitate this repulsive redux pairing. Fetch 2.0 was erected on his body, blood, and sacrifice. I can't look at Jennifer without seeing the bitch who verbally and emotionally abused him while he was struggling with PTSD and turned her back when his life was literally hanging in the balance. She let go of the elevator doors. She let him fall. She let him die. His life was in her hands and she dropped it. Probably not out of malice, though the speed with which she hurled herself back into Daniel's life makes me wonder if she secretly wanted to be a free agent again. But if you truly love someone, how can you justify being so damn careless and thoughtless when that person's survival is on the line?

Granted, in my personal head canon, Jack isn't really dead, but amnesiac and leading a new life under another identity. And oh, boy, would I ever love for it to be revealed that he blocked out his previous life because of the trauma he suffered when Jennifer failed him during the DAYSaster! But whatever Jack's ultimate fate, I could never support a pairing in which other, beloved characters had to die in order for it to happen. The glaring lack of chemistry, history, and substance between Fetch is almost beside the point, though it certainly doesn't help their cause, which is pretty damn hopeless in my opinion.
Edited by Romancer66, Apr 7 2013, 11:04 PM.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

spartan
Apr 7 2013, 04:07 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
Apr 6 2013, 08:04 PM
IKR?! I just checked out their page the other day and I was shocked by how many people are pissed at Chloe and are crying for Daniel and Chicken Nugget to be reunited yesterday. It blew my mind. Really it did.

I've looked there a few times too and my reaction was :run: .

If people want to share their cray cray by using their real names to go on about Dannifer on FB then that's their right and prerogative. I guess some people use FB to do their Days talk like that because it's easier than trying to find a message board or they don't know how to, then some others do it because they think they're too good for message boards and most have noticed that NBC obviously pays some attention to reaction on their Days FB page or Dannifer wouldn't be polluting our airwaves.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply