Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Has Jen Lilley joined Days?
Topic Started: Apr 6 2013, 12:10 AM (4,471 Views)
Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

Quote:

There are going to be a lot of "regulars" shafted for airtime.

If that means less Fetch, I'm fine with that. B-)

I liked Jen as Maxie on GH, so I think she would be a good addition for Days. :smile:
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

For fans unfamiliar with Lilley:

Offline Profile Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

I'm excited at the prospect of Jen Lilley joining Days. I just hope that she's someone other than Belle. To me, Martha Madison is that character.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LovinXtina
Member Avatar

I just read that Jen Lilley was just their to visit Melissa Reeves.
Offline Profile Goto Top

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

Sidenote: Nocturnal, I SO VERY signed that petition!!

Not familiar with Jen Lilley, but if her character is in a scene with Father Eric, Father Matthew and Hope, chances are she isn't Belle.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

DS1126
Apr 7 2013, 01:52 PM
In the "Interesting and spoilerish tweets " thread there was a lot of discussion about this.Vaughn deleted his tweet and many thought JL posted that "visiting " tweet to cover up for GV spilling the beans.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

DS1126
Seems like that was just an unsuccessful cover to get GV off the hook for spilling the beans. Someone tweeted Jen that they didn't believe her little cover story, and she favorited that tweet.

Edit: Sorry Grandpa didn't see your post. :P
Edited by Reese, Apr 7 2013, 06:35 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

It's okay. Your post was better anyway.LOL. I forgot to add the part about JL adding the post to favorite.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

DS1126
Yeah, as the others mentioned, it just clearly seems to be a cover-up. We know DAYS is extremely vigilant when it comes to its actors and revealing spoilers on Twitter, so it seems very natural Jen Lilley would try to cover-up Greg's mistake. Greg Vaughan works on DAYS regularly; I find it incredibly unlikely that he would mistake someone visiting on set as a cast member, calling them the "newest addition". His tweet also vanished, which seems clear to me that he deleted it because he revealed something he wasn't supposed to reveal.

I wouldn't put much stock into Lilley's denial. I'm 99.9% sure we'll see her popping up in Salem this summer. Stay tuned!
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

Here is the post about her favoriting a tweet, which questioned her excuse for being on set:

Quote:

Just would like to point out that Lilley favorited this tweet:

Quote:

@jen_lilley Sorry gurl, not buying it. ;) Since DAYS is notorious for wanting to keep things hush, I'm hoping this is just a cover up! Haha!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Spencer Hastings
Apr 6 2013, 11:17 PM
nickyj12345
Apr 6 2013, 11:12 PM
Jenn Lilley would be a fantastic Belle re-cast. I am excited if it's true. My question is what will they do about Claire? When Claire left the canvas in 2008, she was about 6, I think. Can Ms. Lilley pull off being the mother of an 11 year old?
If Belle ever does come back, I think they will have to play with Claire's age a bit. I think they aged her during the RoboJohn storyline anyway, so they could always de-age her to the correct age. They've done it before with Abigail (a few times).
It would make sense to have Claire be JJ's age.
As for Abby, wasn't it recently revealed that she's doing her PhD? if that's true, then they really haven't de-aged her. She's simply older than Gabi, Will, & Chad. I don't remember if we've ever gotten an actual age for Sonny.
Edited by Supergirlx2, Apr 7 2013, 06:05 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

Jen Lilly and Kate Mansi are the same age. Hmmmmm.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Apr 7 2013, 07:53 PM
real age means nothing when it comes to the ages actors portray. For example, there are people their age who are playing high school kids on Degrassi.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

Supergirlx2
Apr 7 2013, 08:02 PM
AFaithL
Apr 7 2013, 07:53 PM
real age means nothing when it comes to the ages actors portray. For example, there are people their age who are playing high school kids on Degrassi.
Right. Which means, if anything, she'll be playing younger, not older. She'll probably be in the Chad/Abby orbit, romance wise.
Offline Profile Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

I think she'd make an awesome Belle. I liked her Maxie with Jason Cook. Wonder if Jason Cook would ever return to DAYS?

Assuming all this is true of course. I hope it is ...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

KMan101
Apr 7 2013, 08:13 PM
I think she'd make an awesome Belle. I liked her Maxie with Jason Cook. Wonder if Jason Cook would ever return to DAYS?

Assuming all this is true of course. I hope it is ...
Don't quote me on this, but I think he would. Right now, though, he's got a bunch of projects he's working on. They're the main reason he left GH. If he ever decided to get back to acting on soaps, I think he would consider returning to Days, if there's no one playing Shawn D at that time.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamy
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie, I signed your petition! :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

lumifan4life85
Member Avatar

Kirsten Storms will always be Belle to me, MM was okay as Belle, but she isn't Belle. Jen Lilley wasn't that great as Maxie IMHO, but then I'm not a huge Maxie fan. I always preferred Georgie.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Apr 7 2013, 06:04 PM
Spencer Hastings
nickyj12345
Jenn Lilley would be a fantastic Belle re-cast. I am excited if it's true. My question is what will they do about Claire? When Claire left the canvas in 2008, she was about 6, I think. Can Ms. Lilley pull off being the mother of an 11 year old?
If Belle ever does come back, I think they will have to play with Claire's age a bit. I think they aged her during the RoboJohn storyline anyway, so they could always de-age her to the correct age. They've done it before with Abigail (a few times).
As for Abby, wasn't it recently revealed that she's doing her PhD? if that's true, then they really haven't de-aged her. She's simply older than Gabi, Will, & Chad. I don't remember if we've ever gotten an actual age for Sonny.
Yeah, but when she was younger they played with her age. When she left for Ireland with Jennifer she'd aged pretty naturally. When they came back she was pretty much the same age as when she left and she was played by that creepy child who interacted with Bratty Will. Then Jillian Claire came in and they aged her a bit, and again with Ashley Benson because she was suddenly older than Will again.

How old is JJ supposed to be now? It wouldn't make sense to have Belle and Shawn the parents of a child who is a teenager. I hate soap opera ages.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Spencer Hastings
Apr 7 2013, 11:00 PM
Supergirlx2
Apr 7 2013, 06:04 PM
Spencer Hastings
nickyj12345
Yeah, but when she was younger they played with her age. When she left for Ireland with Jennifer she'd aged pretty naturally. When they came back she was pretty much the same age as when she left and she was played by that creepy child who interacted with Bratty Will. Then Jillian Claire came in and they aged her a bit, and again with Ashley Benson because she was suddenly older than Will again.

How old is JJ supposed to be now? It wouldn't make sense to have Belle and Shawn the parents of a child who is a teenager. I hate soap opera ages.
JJ was born on Melaswen (mid-2005), so he would be turning 8 without SORASing. Claire was born closer to the end of the same year (since Shawn was rushing back & forth to the hospital donating blood during Zack's last Christmas). So, technically, JJ & Claire are the same age. That sounds really strange. & Ciara is technically only a year younger than Claire. Theo should technically be 2 years older than JJ & Claire.

If we're going by actual years (we'll go with Shawn's actual birth year & assume Belle is the same age), Shawn & Belle were 18 when Claire was born. Without SORASing, they'd be turning 26 this year.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic