Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Has Jen Lilley joined Days?
Topic Started: Apr 6 2013, 12:10 AM (4,472 Views)
NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

I'll be SO SO happy if Jen Lilley was cast as Belle! I think Martha Madison is a great actress, but she was just never able to become Belle for me. She felt too old in comparison to Mimi, Shawn and Chloe, and never fit in (for me personally) because of that.

I know plenty of people like her, and with good reason - she is very talented! I just think Jen Lilley would make a terrific Belle!
Edited by NocturnalBlondie, Apr 8 2013, 01:10 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamy
Member Avatar

I liked both MM and KS as Belle. Both were different, but loveable for me so if JL is Belle, I won't mind. I do hope Shawn returns as well....
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

If the girl can act, and if she isn't force-fed to us, and if they give her a decent storyline, I don't care if she comes back as Mae West. (OK, I ask for a lot, don't I?)
Offline Profile Goto Top

chinkybig

Supergirlx2
Apr 7 2013, 08:47 PM
KMan101
Apr 7 2013, 08:13 PM
I think she'd make an awesome Belle. I liked her Maxie with Jason Cook. Wonder if Jason Cook would ever return to DAYS?

Assuming all this is true of course. I hope it is ...
Don't quote me on this, but I think he would. Right now, though, he's got a bunch of projects he's working on. They're the main reason he left GH. If he ever decided to get back to acting on soaps, I think he would consider returning to Days, if there's no one playing Shawn D at that time.
If Shawn were to come back, anyone BUT Beemer.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

I am UTTERLY THRILLED about this! I have wanted her to be cast as Belle for a LONG time, but honestly I'd happily take her on DAYS in whatever role they chose to cast her. I like her a lot more than both KS and MM, although I don't dislike either of them. I hope that if Jen is Belle, she's given a fair shot to make the role her own. She is beautiful, talented, gracious and humble. Long live Jen Lilley! :wub2:
Edited by JessicaLeigh, Apr 8 2013, 01:25 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Supergirlx2
Apr 8 2013, 12:21 AM
Spencer Hastings
Apr 7 2013, 11:00 PM
Supergirlx2
Apr 7 2013, 06:04 PM
Spencer Hastings
Apr 6 2013, 11:17 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
It would make sense to have Claire be JJ's age.
As for Abby, wasn't it recently revealed that she's doing her PhD? if that's true, then they really haven't de-aged her. She's simply older than Gabi, Will, & Chad. I don't remember if we've ever gotten an actual age for Sonny.
Yeah, but when she was younger they played with her age. When she left for Ireland with Jennifer she'd aged pretty naturally. When they came back she was pretty much the same age as when she left and she was played by that creepy child who interacted with Bratty Will. Then Jillian Claire came in and they aged her a bit, and again with Ashley Benson because she was suddenly older than Will again.

How old is JJ supposed to be now? It wouldn't make sense to have Belle and Shawn the parents of a child who is a teenager. I hate soap opera ages.
JJ was born on Melaswen (mid-2005), so he would be turning 8 without SORASing. Claire was born closer to the end of the same year (since Shawn was rushing back & forth to the hospital donating blood during Zack's last Christmas). So, technically, JJ & Claire are the same age. That sounds really strange. & Ciara is technically only a year younger than Claire. Theo should technically be 2 years older than JJ & Claire.

If we're going by actual years (we'll go with Shawn's actual birth year & assume Belle is the same age), Shawn & Belle were 18 when Claire was born. Without SORASing, they'd be turning 26 this year.
Actually, he was born in 2004 -- late August or early September. That was during one of those times when days lasted a month or more on the show, so who knows what day in Salem/Melaswen time it was!

Offline Profile Goto Top

soapgal
Member Avatar

I loved MM. She is even more Belle to me that KS. I would love to see her come back. I think Jen Lilley is a good actress and she had a really hard road to go on GH. Fans were just plain horrid to her, it was an embarresment (sp?) to soap fans and she seemed to take it in stride. I just think that MM would be more accepted by fans as Belle.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

soapgal
Apr 8 2013, 05:58 PM
I loved MM. She is even more Belle to me that KS. I would love to see her come back. I think Jen Lilley is a good actress and she had a really hard road to go on GH. Fans were just plain horrid to her, it was an embarresment (sp?) to soap fans and she seemed to take it in stride. I just think that MM would be more accepted by fans as Belle.
From my experience from Shelle fans, Martha had a lot of supporters, but she also had a lot of haters. A lot of people never warmed up to her version of Belle, so I don't necessarily think it would be a travesty if the character was recast.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

So SOD just tweeted that she is confirmed as having joined the cast a month ago.
Nevermind. Already posted.
Edited by MissLola, Apr 9 2013, 09:33 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic