Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Classic The Young and the Restless Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 06:55 PM (2,741 Views)
Minnesota_Nice
Member Avatar

The shameless tramp is Sharon. There is nothing in this world or GC's world that could ever make me like that sniveling tramp.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alexandria
Member Avatar

Favorite actor or actress on Y&R as original or recast for classic.

Adam: Chris Engen (Real almost redeemed, you could see he was real. Now since his departure the character is ruined)

Ashley: Eileen Davidson

Billy: David Tom as young Billy and Billy Miller as older Billy

Colleen: Lyndsy Fonseca or Adrianne Leon

Diane: Susan Walters

Gloria: Judith Chapman

Grace: Jennifer Gareis

Jack: Terry Lester both but Peter Bergman owns the role now

Jill: Brenda Dickson only as young Jill, still at home. Then Jess Walton as the matured Jill.

Mackenzie: Ashley Bashioum

Mamie: Margeurite Ray or Veronica Redd

Matt: Eddie Cibrian or Rick Hearst- hated the character period.

Nathan: Nathan Purdee

Patty: Andrea Evans

Phyllis: Michelle Stafford

Tony: Nick Scotti

Victoria: She need to be recast with somebody completely new. Not HT again.

Sharon-Sharon Case only

Heather-Vail Bloom

Jeff-Ted Shackelford, Kin Shriner is not believable. If Jeff leaves so should Kin Shriner, no offense. Kin played a part of Katherine's ex-Arthur's son; not very long ago and people remember as I do.

Tucker-William Russ

Malcolm-Shemar Moore
Edited by Alexandria, Aug 19 2011, 11:09 PM.

Checkers
Member Avatar

I'll always love me some classic Nikki and Victor.

I miss the romance on this show.

Checkers
Member Avatar

I've noticed more and more Classic Y&R is being uploaded on YT. For so long it was only from the mid-90s and 2000s. I missed the 80s and early 90s stuff.

This was a beautiful wedding. I started watching Y&R about four years after this but Danny and Cricket were the first couple I can remember from Y&R. I thought they complimented each other well. Neither were very strong characters and they weren't that strong of actors either. So to me they evened each other out. :laugh:

Classic Jill/Kay catfight.

Neil and Dru are cute here.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Checkers
Oct 15 2011, 02:41 PM
I've noticed more and more Classic Y&R is being uploaded on YT. For so long it was only from the mid-90s and 2000s. I missed the 80s and early 90s stuff.

This was a beautiful wedding. I started watching Y&R about four years after this but Danny and Cricket were the first couple I can remember from Y&R. I thought they complimented each other well. Neither were very strong characters and they weren't that strong of actors either. So to me they evened each other out. :laugh:

Classic Jill/Kay catfight.

Neil and Dru are cute here.

Now, see, this is unfair! Y & R was so good back then and we get crap!! So unfair!! :wave:
Edited by talbab1994, Oct 15 2011, 08:50 PM.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

I hope they do Isabella return some Justice! She was a good Villainous lady, after Kimberly Brown Shelia that particular kind of character was hard to top but I thought Eva Longoria did well another FAVORITE of mine was Mari Jo Mason remember when she threw The Grasshopper in the Laundry Basket :laugh: later end up shooting her w/blanks, both Paul & Victor came to the rescue and that of course is where writers Paul Rauch and MAB got the Mary Jane Benson concept from I was just glad Stacy Hadiuk & Peter Bergman were able to give it a different spin without it being a complete mockery.

Sniff :tears: Sniff ~THE GOOD OLE DAYS of EXCELLENT Soap Opera Storytelling just GONE..

Posted Image
Edited by lightandday, Oct 15 2011, 11:04 PM.

Checkers
Member Avatar

That picture is HOT! I liked Mari Jo too. I remember she had Cricket in that costume in place. Victor and Paul were going around trying to find her. Those were some great scenes.

Jack sure loves those crazy women.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Look at Nick's hair. :laugh: Eddie Cibrian was just hot. :wub:

Posted Image

This was a good quad.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ryan's death shocked me. I had no idea he was going to die.

Posted Image

I hate what the writers did these two.

Posted Image

Miss these four even though Olivia always kind of got on my nerves.

Posted Image

Edited by Checkers, Oct 15 2011, 11:58 PM.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Checkers
Oct 15 2011, 11:35 PM
That picture is HOT! I liked Mari Jo too. I remember she had Cricket in that costume in place. Victor and Paul were going around trying to find her. Those were some great scenes.

Jack sure loves those crazy women.

LMAO IKR :D Jack & his Lunacy Women. That is a Hot Pic! The actress Diana was very attractive and had that extoic thing goin on

Posted Image

The pic of she DB & PB was also featured on cover of Soap Opera Weekly. I wanted her mentally well so Jack could have a woman :biggrin: Sound familiar eh?; :laugh:

LAWD where you fount that pic of JM/NCN his Mushroom bob cut was not on point at all.

Chile NagginAssNina is what she was/is.. I couldn't stand her with Ryan anytime Victoria got a DIG in to make Nina Jealous I luv'd it, wasn't ready for Ryan to Die with his little short fine butt Scott Reeves was SEXY.

Another one who didn't know what to do WITH ALL THAT MAN MALCOLM Sorry but Aunt Liv love scenes always came off w/a stale type of LAY remember this?: I would have ask the director if I could play straddle that. :D

Edited by lightandday, Oct 16 2011, 12:43 AM.

Checkers
Member Avatar

I always wanted Malcolm in another pairing besides the one with Olivia. I hated how all his gfs turned out to be shady.

Now that you mention it Nina has always been a nagger. I did not like Ryan and Nina. I kept waiting for Victoria to come get her man. Because Ryan jumped at any chance Vikki gave him.
Edited by Checkers, Oct 16 2011, 11:47 AM.

Alexandria
Member Avatar

Loved Cole and Ryan just not that Victoria, sorry just a preference.

I hated they killed off Ryan :frownie: , he was hot , Cole was hot too. :wub:

Edited by Alexandria, Oct 17 2011, 01:49 AM.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Heather Tom was my favorite Victoria.

Edited by Checkers, Oct 17 2011, 02:13 AM.

Alexandria
Member Avatar

^I saw those all I still say if they could recast successfully many times Veterans with success Gina Tognoni would do even better than Heather Tom as Victoria.

I feel Heather Tom is trying to look like "Marilyn Monroe" in those scene no offense and have seen recent commercials of her for B&B she just out grew the part of Victoria to me.
Edited by Alexandria, Oct 17 2011, 03:12 AM.

Checkers
Member Avatar

I wasn't trying to prove to you HT was a better Victoria. I was just saying HT was my favorite.

I don't know about GT playing Victoria though. I don't think Victoria needs to be recast AH does good job.

Alexandria
Member Avatar

I do think she needs to be recast and I know what you meant. You are allowed to love a certain Actor over another. No need to explain to me, I understand.

Alexandria
Member Avatar

Posted Image
Posted Image

Alexandria
Member Avatar

Posted Image
Posted Image

Alexandria
Member Avatar

Posted Image
Posted Image

Alexandria
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Alexandria
Member Avatar

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply