Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Classic The Young and the Restless Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 06:55 PM (3,028 Views)
Checkers
Member Avatar

I never noticed it back when I was watching. You know when you get so accustomed to something you hardly ever notice.

Y&R to me was the best soap that showed the changes in weather and time. When they had scenes on the ranch they would show the ranch. They would show horses, you would hear the sounds of nature, and you knew the characters were on a ranch. Same thing goes if one of the characters were living in the city.

Y&R used a lot of natural light in their scenes. Or if it was raining you would hear and see the rain. The characters would be wet if they had been outside. If it was winter time and snowing. You would see the snow and they would even have snow storms and it all looked very realistic.

Everything now is so basic. I don't know if that is the budget or nobody caring about the details. The music on Y&R is so off nowadays. The songs never really fit the scenes and the timing is off.

Since the show is so depressing and dark. Y&R can't even use their classic music because it doesn't fit with this Y&R at all.

You will never hear music like this again on Y&R.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alexandria
Member Avatar

^ Checkers

You are so tight on about the music and background of nature and all of that. I feel like this music is so romantic and so very beautiful.

I remember all of that from the past of all the good music and background sounds, the focusing on characters and then the whole room.

The lighting and positioning of characters and how they were focused on was excellent as well.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Nikki is a hot mess. She can't dance. MTS has some great hair. Her hair to this day looks great. She always changed it to match the times.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Checkers
Oct 19 2011, 12:46 PM
Nikki is a hot mess. She can't dance. MTS has some great hair. Her hair to this day looks great. She always changed it to match the times.

Lookie here-- Nikki Reed-- a Solid Gold Dancer!! :rockon:

LOVED the pictures of back in the day Y & R-- you know, the good old days!! Is it just too much to ask for some writing even half that good? :shrug:

Checkers
Member Avatar

Eve tries to kill Victor. Victor looking kind of good in this clip.

Edited by Checkers, Oct 19 2011, 07:47 PM.

Alexandria
Member Avatar

lightandday
Oct 18 2011, 10:58 AM
FAB Images Sweet A., Brad character had many many great stories, I still believe Beorge (Brad or George) coming from under that ice one day.

:pray:
Edited by Alexandria, Oct 21 2011, 04:55 AM.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Checkers
Oct 18 2011, 11:48 AM
Since the show is so depressing and dark. Y&R can't even use their classic music because it doesn't fit with this Y&R at all.

You will never hear music like this again on Y&R.

LAWDY LAWDY! Listen at how Sophisticated and Refine Y&R theme music is put's me right back in my Great-Great Grandmothers living room, one of my favorite themes was Tranquility.

lightandday
Member Avatar

talbab1994
Oct 19 2011, 01:22 PM
Checkers

LOVED the pictures of back in the day Y & R-- you know, the good old days!! Is it just too much to ask for some writing even half that good? :shrug:
Aw SookieSookie Now! :laugh: Stripperella busting some moves fo-yo-ass..LMAO all she needed was her red feathers. :laugh:

Tab Nicole had her Stevie Nicks hair & All didn't she! MTS always changes her hair and I like that.

What a Great Clip

Alexandria
Member Avatar

^I have to disagree about Fleetwood Mac's Stevie

Stevie could sing and dance and her hair was not that big at least not that I remember.

I should check it out and compare.

Love MTS but she cannot dance fo nothin'
Edited by Alexandria, Oct 22 2011, 02:58 PM.

Alexandria
Member Avatar

Checkers
Oct 19 2011, 07:47 PM
Eve tries to kill Victor. Victor looking kind of good in this clip.

This B^tch was psycho. :scared:

lightandday
Member Avatar

SweetAlexandria
Oct 22 2011, 02:56 PM

Stevie could sing and dance and her hair was not that big at least not that I remember.

HA! Honey Please! Stevie had BIG HAIR FOR DAYZ! Just like Nicole Reed did in this clip :tounge: and I'm well aware of The LEGENDARY Mick Fleetwood who formed One of Greatest Bands ever Fleetwood Mac. :tounge:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by lightandday, Oct 22 2011, 03:16 PM.

Alexandria
Member Avatar

lightandday
Oct 22 2011, 02:28 PM
talbab1994
Oct 19 2011, 01:22 PM
Checkers

Aw SookieSookie Now! :laugh: Stripperella busting some moves fo-yo-ass..LMAO all she needed was her red feathers. :laugh:

Tab Nicole had her Stevie Nicks hair & All didn't she! MTS always changes her hair and I like that.

What a Great Clip
^That's funny striperella, lol. :D

I searched YouTube and nothing close to Fleetwood Mac's Stevie's "hair" or dance style at all. Unless you can do better and find once close to Nikki's hair and dance, I could find either, maybe a little of the big side hair but curley hair big not teased like Nikki on Y&R.

Poor Nikki at least she tried to dance, ROFLOL.
Edited by Alexandria, Oct 23 2011, 12:03 PM.

Alexandria
Member Avatar

lightandday
Oct 22 2011, 03:15 PM
SweetAlexandria
Oct 22 2011, 02:56 PM

HA! Honey Please! Stevie had BIG HAIR FOR DAYZ! Just like Nicole Reed did in this clip :tounge: and I'm well aware of The LEGENDARY Mick Fleetwood who formed One of Greatest Bands ever Fleetwood Mac. :tounge:

Posted Image

Posted Image

^You got Pics.

I searched YouTube and I love Fleetwood Mac very much, just she didn't appear that way when singing or in video's.

I was or shall I say still am a huge fan of Fleetwood Mac/Stevie and she could sing and dance.

Great Band is right, I love them even till this day.

Nikki was more of a Disco Dancer, nothin' wrong with that just comparing the two.

Edited by Alexandria, Oct 23 2011, 02:53 AM.

Alexandria
Member Avatar

lightandday, this is for us Fleetwood Mac fans.

Edited by Alexandria, Oct 23 2011, 12:19 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Alexandria
Member Avatar

They just don't seem to come like this anymore? I mean Victor is not my type of man of course I'm a lot younger and he just isn't my type, I go for different looks, but he sure seemed so romantic and knew how to treat a woman at the time and the way he treated Nikki.

lightandday
Member Avatar

Matt
Oct 23 2011, 12:45 PM

WOW@when he open the casket & the ire music< Man Talk about some Authentic Story Telling & Directing I can remember my Granny Heavy VCR & those Memorex/TDK VHS tapes I watched in the early 90's..I Freaking Love'd it and still get a kick out of learning soap opera history

Now how hard would it be for them to write like this, I like how Chris came in telling John of her worries signing a exclusive contract & she spoke with her lawyer but John reassuring her of future modeling plans MY GOODNESS the Back & Forth Banter was next to PERFECTION.

Great Great Clips Matt!

:biggrin:

Alexandria
Member Avatar

This is classic. :tounge:

Alexandria
Member Avatar

Phyllis runs over Christine and Paul

frosty
Member Avatar

SweetAlexandria
Oct 25 2011, 08:46 AM

This is classic. :tounge:
I love this storyline! Simply one of the best.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply