Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, April 8th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 8 2013, 06:39 AM (7,250 Views)
samwel

JamaicanBeauty7
Apr 8 2013, 04:15 PM
LuvingLumi
Apr 8 2013, 03:01 PM
lachelle73
Apr 8 2013, 02:57 PM
If Lucas only knew that Rafe was messing around with his mom!!!
That's coming....
Can't freakin wait! Maybe then, I could handle Lucas' screeching. :laugh:
and he can finally get his very own penguin and FBI jacket.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

annie21

james0479
Apr 8 2013, 02:04 PM
Sorry to blow this thread up (lol)..... But...
I remember when it was announced that Melissa Reeves was returning to Days as Jennifer Rose Horton a few years ago. I was thrilled. Jennifer was one of my instantly favorite characters when I began watching the show in 1990. She was good, yet feisty, strong, independent and her shenanigans with Jack were always a blast. Even when the writers separated her from Jack, I was still a huge Jennifer fan. I loved Missy Reeves and the legacy character she portrayed. She was a part of "home" for me. I should've seen the sign when it was in front of my eyes. Jennifer "dying" on a gurney, her heart literally removed and Daniel there to save her. Jennifer Rose Horton did die that day. Zombie Jennifer awoke and took over from there. These days, I wouldn't be upset in the slightest if I read "Melissa Reeves OUT At Days"....and it's a shame. For me, alot of this is blamed on the character of Daniel. This fanboy has yet to see the purpose of his character. I'd be open to Jennifer being with anyone but the storytelling here was all wrong. There's no interest, no rooting value and it's totally mocked the 20+years I've spent knowing Jennifer. So, while I'm enjoying the rest of the show alot more than I was 2 years ago....it's sad that a character I was deeply invested in doesn't do it for me anymore. Maybe someday at the end of an episode, the camera will pan to an underground room where the real Jennifer Horton is watching this whiny fake wannabe Jenn on a monitor and vows to return and claim her rightful space in Salem!
Nice post.

Many of us have been thinking Jennifer hasn't been herself since late 2010. Unfortunately the folks in Salem are only getting around to noticing a change now -- and for all the wrong reasons, of course.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

six
Apr 8 2013, 06:03 PM
I watched about fifteen minutes, then put GH on. Maybe I'll watch on soapnet later.

Dannifer has become safe level bad.
Please. They passed Safe a long time ago. They're currently in the process of lapping them. Again.

camera shy

Dany_E
Apr 8 2013, 06:05 PM
camera shy
Apr 8 2013, 04:12 PM
What was that movie when Cher slapped Nicholas Cage and told him snap out it? God, how I wish Victor had done that to Maggie today when she started that crying over Dr. Dick.
Moonstruck.
Thanks. :D

LovingDays

is it mean or dan is really poor god he always wear the same freaking chemise

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

camera shy
What was that movie when Cher slapped Nicholas Cage and told him snap out it? God, how I wish Victor had done that to Maggie today when she started that crying over Dr. Dick.
Moonstruck was the movie with Cher ("snap out of it")
Edited by kay, Apr 8 2013, 06:25 PM.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

james0479
Apr 8 2013, 02:04 PM
Sorry to blow this thread up (lol)..... But...
I remember when it was announced that Melissa Reeves was returning to Days as Jennifer Rose Horton a few years ago. I was thrilled. Jennifer was one of my instantly favorite characters when I began watching the show in 1990. She was good, yet feisty, strong, independent and her shenanigans with Jack were always a blast. Even when the writers separated her from Jack, I was still a huge Jennifer fan. I loved Missy Reeves and the legacy character she portrayed. She was a part of "home" for me. I should've seen the sign when it was in front of my eyes. Jennifer "dying" on a gurney, her heart literally removed and Daniel there to save her. Jennifer Rose Horton did die that day. Zombie Jennifer awoke and took over from there. These days, I wouldn't be upset in the slightest if I read "Melissa Reeves OUT At Days"....and it's a shame. For me, alot of this is blamed on the character of Daniel. This fanboy has yet to see the purpose of his character. I'd be open to Jennifer being with anyone but the storytelling here was all wrong. There's no interest, no rooting value and it's totally mocked the 20+years I've spent knowing Jennifer. So, while I'm enjoying the rest of the show alot more than I was 2 years ago....it's sad that a character I was deeply invested in doesn't do it for me anymore. Maybe someday at the end of an episode, the camera will pan to an underground room where the real Jennifer Horton is watching this whiny fake wannabe Jenn on a monitor and vows to return and claim her rightful space in Salem!
Very nice post. Thank You. :hail:
Edited by bellajewel, Apr 8 2013, 06:40 PM.

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

Lucas was funny today. Love how he wanted to celebrating. Lucas holding up the picture of Jack and of course Jennifer acted like he was nothing was frustrating. I think the funniest thing is Lucas thinking that Rafe is a caught. Whatever. I can't wait until he finds out that his mom is doing Rafe. What should happen is that Lucas should talk to Will saying something about Rafe would be good for Jennifer. His reaction would be interesting.

cord08

Mayholidays
Apr 8 2013, 05:07 PM
cord08
Apr 8 2013, 02:15 PM
No1_ILoveLucyFan
Apr 8 2013, 02:05 PM
cord08
Apr 8 2013, 12:48 PM
Looks like this is a skippable episode. No need for me to drag down my birthday with this Jen/Dan mess.
:cheer: :birthday: :cheer:
Thanks!
Happy Birthday :cheers: Hope your day isn't ruined by Fetch :x
Thanks! And with the help of all of you lovely posters, I was mercifully spared most of the black hole that is Jen/Dan!

I did, however, see the last few minutes on mute. I really hate to say it, but SC was just as bad without sound. Poor guy was handling Nancy's passport like it was made of kryptonite. Seriously, Dan. You will not be struck down if you take a peek at her passport. (Although, I wish he would be).
Edited by cord08, Apr 8 2013, 06:49 PM.

niki

I have been reading the synopsis of each day rather than watching (as I can't bear to watch some of the destruction taking place) and I notice that the Dannifer 'love' saga actually sounds good on paper. It reads soapy and hits all the right notes and yet what is being conveyed on screen - based on the comments I so enjoy reading here - seems to be the very opposite. The writers need to realise what may work well on paper, certainly doesn't translate - especially when it involves a) making a once-loved and feisty character into a whiny teenager and b) shoving a male character down our throats, especially one who the viewers have now seen be in 'love' what 5(?) times in fewer years. He's not a character that has been explored to any depth beyond his apparent attraction for and to women and so it's hard to be emotionally invested in whatever he does.

Steve the bad boy with heart of gold
Bo the rebel
John the hero
Jack the witty and suave

Hell I can even attempt simple descriptions of most of the other men currently on canvas (Rafe the wannabe-hero; EJ the wanna-be bad boy; Chad the maybe-Dimera-someday-soon...) but really what can be said of Daniel? He's an attractive doctor?? Compelling.
Edited by niki, Apr 8 2013, 07:07 PM.

Floridagirl
Member Avatar

Daniel the whoredoctor, well tanned egg baby, we don't get the attraction woman whisperer

confusedbyitall
Member Avatar

For me, the best parts of today's show was 1. Lucas 2. AZ's hair 3. No Sami. :biggrin:

camera shy

kay
Apr 8 2013, 06:25 PM
camera shy
Thanks.

nightfan

lysie
Apr 8 2013, 06:39 AM
Posted Image

Discuss!
Seeing this still actually impresses me. I remember that scene when it aired. Even back then, thought it was CGI. But that was a costume? Pretty cool!

Jason47
Member Avatar

nightfan
Apr 8 2013, 09:56 PM
lysie
Apr 8 2013, 06:39 AM
Posted Image

Discuss!
Seeing this still actually impresses me. I remember that scene when it aired. Even back then, thought it was CGI. But that was a costume? Pretty cool!
Yes, a costume. If I remember reading correctly, it took awhile to get the costume on, so instead of Staci doing it, they used one of the Production Assistants, Suzanne Ray, and she dressed up in the costume and played the demon that Isabella morphed into.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

camera shy
Apr 8 2013, 08:06 PM
kay
Apr 8 2013, 06:25 PM
camera shy
Thanks.
Posted Image

jb1183

Maggie needs to be sent to a psych ward. She's acting like a nutcase. And, gosh, I sure don't remember her boo hooing like this when Jack died. Daniel becoming her eggbaby has completely destroyed the character. And she's supposed to be the matriarch of the show? Alice would be ashamed at what an obnoxious bitch Maggie's become.

ETA: I wish the writers would honestly address Maggie's obsession with Daniel instead of acting as if her bizarre behavior is normal.
Edited by jb1183, Apr 8 2013, 11:15 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I need Melissa or Sarah to come back (and meet Daniel! neither one of them have even MET him!) and tell Maggie she's acting like an idiot.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

What I do not get is that what is it about this character Daniel as the Powers thinks he would be particularly desirable? Hallo in a superficial world, I can say this, there's nothing there that is topnotch. And a big turn off is that this guy never need to work to get a woman. The women lie down like he would be the bomb? Lol I mean look at EJ he had to work in seven fucking years to get the woman of his dreams. So I says this scrap Dannifer take in a drop dead beautiful woman and let Daniel crawl in shit let him be denied and truly work for a woman so maybe just maybe the character can be saved. :)

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 8 2013, 11:19 PM
I need Melissa or Sarah to come back (and meet Daniel! neither one of them have even MET him!) and tell Maggie she's acting like an idiot.
Sarah since blood matter most to maggie now and daniel could not sleep with Sarah

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply