Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, April 9th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 9 2013, 08:14 AM (6,107 Views)
Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Matt
Apr 9 2013, 12:59 PM
David Cherrill is really making me wish to have David Levinson back.
As a writer he makes a great actor. And he was NOT a great actor.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Edited. Double post.
Edited by JessicaLeigh, Apr 9 2013, 01:08 PM.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

The show was only good February Sweeps (even though it was nothing spectacular about those "sweeps").

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Spencer Hastings
Apr 9 2013, 01:00 PM
Why is Maggie acting like Jennifer hasn't been her niece for the past 40+ years? I hate Jennifer more than I can express, but throwing her under the bus and acting like she's just some random hooker who broke Daniel's egg heart is just infuriating. Did they forget that she's only known Daniel for a couple of years?
It's completely revolting. Maggie didn't even like Daniel all that much at one point. Then she finds out they share some DNA and TO HELL WITH EVERYONE ELSE!

I don't like Jennifer AT ALL in her current form, but I object to the idea of a close family relationship spanning 40 years - between Maggie and Jennifer, or anyone else - being turned on its head to suit a contrived, paint-by-numbers story and a deeply unpopular character. When are they going to start valuing CHARACTERS over stupid short-term plots?

I am dreading JJ's arrival because I fear it's going to prolong Dannifer's front-burner status, but at the very least I hope JJ joins Lucas in the anti-Dan brigade.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

SoapGal1
Apr 9 2013, 01:03 PM
Grandpa Hughes
Apr 9 2013, 12:54 PM
How did I get sucked back into this sad mess of a show? Was I hallucinating that good week or two?
No. The show was great for much of January & February, then, as I feared, the show that was running on all cylinders suddenly petered out.

This is Days GIGANTIC flaw. They can write for an event or for sweeps (usually the same thing) but they can NEVER keep the momentum going.
Frankly they didn't even write for sweeps...can remember what exactly 'eventful' happened during Feb sweeps? IMHO the last big time that I remember the show as good and it attracted my attention was in Mid January during the Wabi baby reveal/Nabi wedding fiasco...since then nothing.... the show didn't even do anything during Feb sweeps.....it was good in January, around mid January since then it's just gone down hill and fast.....

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

Panda Panda
Apr 9 2013, 12:06 PM
Wait, did Nancy take a shower and then put the same exact outfit back on?
I think Nancy was singing as she packed. Do not think she was in the shower.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

LuvingLumi
Apr 9 2013, 01:14 PM
SoapGal1
Apr 9 2013, 01:03 PM
Grandpa Hughes
Apr 9 2013, 12:54 PM
How did I get sucked back into this sad mess of a show? Was I hallucinating that good week or two?
No. The show was great for much of January & February, then, as I feared, the show that was running on all cylinders suddenly petered out.

This is Days GIGANTIC flaw. They can write for an event or for sweeps (usually the same thing) but they can NEVER keep the momentum going.
Frankly they didn't even write for sweeps...can remember what exactly 'eventful' happened during Feb sweeps? IMHO the last big time that I remember the show as good and it attracted my attention was in Mid January during the Wabi baby reveal/Nabi wedding fiasco...since then nothing.... the show didn't even do anything during Feb sweeps.....it was good in January, around mid January since then it's just gone down hill and fast.....
Valentine's Day lasted two weeks with baby drama. The only days this show is interesting is when Will and Sonny are on. We need WilSon on every day instead of Dannifer.

Maggie28wubsEj
Member Avatar

Another skip episode. Thanks so much for the recaps. You spare me from watching the shit episodes and draw me in to watch the good ones. :)

Ophelia
Member Avatar

Watching the constant Fetch propping is becoming 'A Clockwork Orange' -- esque torture. I actually fast-forwarded to Gabi for some relief!

No, no, no, don't drag Brady into Fetch!!!

On the plus side, Nicole looks amazing and strong and ready to kick some ass (even if it's about Dannifer). I'll just mute it and pretend they're talking about something else. Also, I still want Chloe's jacket.

Romancer66

Matt
Apr 9 2013, 12:55 PM
This show has made me hate Jennifer, but the way everyone is "poor poor Daniel. BAD Jennifer!" I almost feel sorry for her
Oh, poor, poor Daniel. Kidnapped in a foreign country, held hostage in a cave, beaten and tortured for a year, haunted by horrific memories, plagued with PTSD, divorced in absentia by his wife, berated by his loved ones on his return . . . oh, wait. Wrong guy.

Let's try this again. Poor, poor Daniel, cured of his mysterious hand tremors, reinstated as a surgeon, handed his late rival's life and family on a platter, given another chance with the infant son he rejected two years ago, adored and defended by all of Salem, especially the women, publicly dumped (under false pretenses) by his devoted new girlfriend . . . you know something? That didn't work either.

At this point, they could coat Dr. Special Snowflake in honey and drop him naked on a red anthill, and I wouldn't find him sympathetic. Give it the fuck up, Tomsell. Your precious Gary Stu is neither likable nor rootable. And David Cherrill is now officially tied with Iacobuzio for Worst Staff Writer.
Edited by Romancer66, Apr 9 2013, 01:39 PM.

cord08

This is why I love Daytime Royalty. I can be having a really frustrating day (like today), and then suddenly LOL all over the place at the snark in this thread. Thank you all.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Kate and that studded skull ring was my everything. Her outfit later with Gabi was fierce too.

I didn't like nicole's dress at first but it somehow worked once she started getting dirt from the nurses and then sold them out. :laugh:

The ejami promo was too fuckin' cute. EJ/James in a beard and suit... somebody hold my hand! :wub:

lachelle73

When are Will and Sonny on next, I am sorry there needs to be more consistency with the stories, some of theses stories seem to go on and on. Will and Sonny need more than 2-5 mins an episode, some other characters are on for 30-40 mins a show and its not working. They need to spread the wealth I rarely watch Brady/Kirsten and Dan/Jen they have messed her up she was so in love with Jack and now its like he never existed. I need to see more Will and Sonny I miss them when they are not on.

PatNS
Member Avatar

I like that Dan went to Rafe for help. Pieces are starting to fall into place for him - doesn't bode well for Chloe. And oh geez, surprise, surprise, I can't muster any sympathy for Chloe at all.

LOL! Nicole sure sold those 2 nurses down the river in a hurry once Maxine showed up again.

Kate looked fabulous when she waltzed into the pub. But Kate, don't you feel the least bit of guily - Gabi is way too easy prey for you - where's the fun in that!

blueskies
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 9 2013, 12:48 PM
I'm never one to point fingers our single out a single couple as destroying an entire show, but dammit if Fetch isn't doing that.
I'm starting to think the couple ruining the show isn't Fetch it's Magniel.

james0479
Member Avatar

I go to the bathroom and vomit every night after watching Maggie act like a ridiculous tit! She would probably breast feed Daniel right now if she wasnt so dried up. Guess what Red, I don't know YOU anymore and I hope one day those ruffles strangle your neck while your hair dryer shoots fire upon your bloated mop top!

I'm just really over Maggie, guys! I'd rather watch an hour of Caroline mistaking people for a cup of coffee.

am103
Member Avatar

Nicole looks fabulous today! And so does Kate. I guess Stefano didn't do it right in the bedroom because she is GLOWING, lol.

From playpen to tablet... Parker sure is growing up fast! Lol.

Brady is such an idiot. Scratch that, everyone on this show is an idiot.

am103
Member Avatar

"Shameful... SHAMEFUL!"

Hahaha, Nicole never fails to crack me up!

am103
Member Avatar

God I can't stand Maggie.

I don't care if she thinks she is the Saint of Salem or not, the REAL Victor would not ANYBODY talk to him like that, not even Maggie Horton.

cord08

Quote:

She would probably breast feed Daniel right now if she wasnt so dried up.

OMG. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply