Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Jen Lilley Has Joined Days
Topic Started: Apr 9 2013, 09:32 AM (9,017 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

She is most likely playing the "younger character that hasn't been mentioned in years" that about.com was talking about. Belle doesn't fit that.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

JarlenaLante
Apr 9 2013, 10:01 AM
DrewHamilton
Apr 9 2013, 09:42 AM
Sarah Horton? Please! I won't even mind the deSORASing.
Yeah, even though it drives me crazy how Days messes around with character's ages (Brady and Abby were born within a few months of each other on the show) I would love for Sarah Horton to come back to Salem (didn't Greg's tweet mention he was in scenes with her and KA?). I would rather she be Autum (Lucas ex-fiance from Hong Kong) than Emily as Lucas needs a romantic interest more than Rafe. Maybe she is Jeannie Donovan? Time will tell, although I am surprised it has been kept a secret this long with the taping schedule.
I so want Lucas to have a love interest. If she is Autumn I would jump for joy as this would give Lucas the story line most Lucas fans want.

six
Member Avatar

Angie79
Apr 9 2013, 03:10 PM
She is most likely playing the "younger character that hasn't been mentioned in years" that about.com was talking about. Belle doesn't fit that.

That pretty much means Sarah, Noelle, Jeannie or Joy, right? Or are there other people who'd fit that I'm missing?

ETA: I think Sarah got a mention pretty recently, so that should knock her out of the running.
Edited by six, Apr 9 2013, 03:32 PM.

Will&Sonny

six
Apr 9 2013, 03:24 PM
Angie79

That pretty much means Sarah, Noelle, Jeannie or Joy, right? Or are there other people who'd be young women now that I'm forgetting?
Joy was just mentioned a few weeks ago.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will&Sonny

six
Angie79

I think Sarah got a mention pretty recently, so that should knock her out of the running.
Sarah has definitely been mentioned within the past few years, so that should disqualify her, if the about.com article isn't just exaggerating about the length of time since the character was last referenced. (In other words, the article implies that it has been "[many] years" since the character was last referenced, but technically, it could be referring to anything that happened more than two years ago...which really isn't that long ago.)

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

On second thought as much as I would love to see Sarah Horton back in Salem, her arrival would mean more screen time for Maggie who I cannot STAND right now.

Virginia
Member Avatar

I think she is a great addition for the show to get. I just hope they don't give her a crap story. I will for sure be returning to watch days after months of writing them off. I don't know how this show managed to suck me back in without bringing Matthew Ashford back but some how they did.

dragonflies
Member Avatar

I adore Jen Lilley, she's such a sweetheart and a really great actress! Alot of GH fans said she gave Maxie maturity that KS couldn't pull off

If I hadn't given up Days last year I definitely would be tuning in to see her. I just hope Days utilizes her talent well

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Even though its basically been said multiple times that she won't be a recast she confirmed on Twitter that she is not playing Belle and said that's the only question she will be able to answer. Someone asked her how you pronounce Keara (the name of the PT) and she said "Nice try." lol. I'm wondering if that might actually be her. I didn't think it would be, thought that would more likely be Chrishell Stause. But considering she knew what that was about it might be her.

susyQusie
Member Avatar

JarlenaLante
Apr 9 2013, 10:01 AM
DrewHamilton
Apr 9 2013, 09:42 AM
Sarah Horton? Please! I won't even mind the deSORASing.
Yeah, even though it drives me crazy how Days messes around with character's ages (Brady and Abby were born within a few months of each other on the show) I would love for Sarah Horton to come back to Salem (didn't Greg's tweet mention he was in scenes with her and KA?). I would rather she be Autum (Lucas ex-fiance from Hong Kong) than Emily as Lucas needs a romantic interest more than Rafe. Maybe she is Jeannie Donovan? Time will tell, although I am surprised it has been kept a secret this long with the taping schedule.
I would be thrilled if it is Jeannie Donovan!! Wish they would bring Andrew and their parents back also! ;)

Penney
Member Avatar

I think she will be a love interest for JJ. Maybe she's Joy. If Parker is still around it'll be a reason to come to Salem.

Will&Sonny

Penney
Apr 9 2013, 06:04 PM
I think she will be a love interest for JJ. Maybe she's Joy. If Parker is still around it'll be a reason to come to Salem.
Jen Lilley is definitely too old to play J.J.'s love interest. J.J.'s probably not even eighteen yet.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Um... even in real world time, I wouldn't classify either Sarah or Noelle as "younger". Sarah was born before Sami (not that that means anything), but she was Carrie's best friend & a teenager 20 years ago. Even discounting all of that, Sarah was born in 1981 -- 32 years ago. Noelle was born in 1983 putting her at 30 in real time and a year OLDER than Sami in soap time. Granted, EJ is younger than Will so who the fuck knows.

jwsel
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Apr 9 2013, 03:40 PM
six
Angie79

I think Sarah got a mention pretty recently, so that should knock her out of the running.
Sarah has definitely been mentioned within the past few years, so that should disqualify her, if the about.com article isn't just exaggerating about the length of time since the character was last referenced. (In other words, the article implies that it has been "[many] years" since the character was last referenced, but technically, it could be referring to anything that happened more than two years ago...which really isn't that long ago.)
I thought the about.com article also indicated that that the two female characters being cast were connected to two prominent Salem families. Since one of the characters was Laura, i.e., a Horton, that suggested the younger female character must be connected to a different prominent family. So if Jen Lilley is playing the second character from the about.com spoiler, that would seem to rule her out as Sarah.

There are no known young female DiMeras or Kiriakises. There are a bunch of young female Bradys, but mot have been mentioned. Within the past two years, we have had mentions of Chelsea, Claire, and Belle in connection with Bo's departure. We also had a Cassie mention from Kate and a Stephanie mention from Kayla (when Chloe returned). So that pretty much leaves Jeannie as the only Brady who fits the spoiler. She was last mentioned by name at Shawn's funeral and Kim made a quick mention to "the children" being with their cousins in Salem when she returned for Alice's funeral in 2010. (Even that doesn't have to have been a reference to Jeannie and Andrew; Kim could have had kids with Phillip Collier.)

I raised Noelle in the earlier thread, because the Chandlers were definitely a prominent Salem family, but she doesn't really have any connections to the current cast.

I can't see Joy being brought in because she would be around JJ's age and Nancy and Chloe are leaving. A new Melanie would be a recast, arguably a Horton, and has been mentioned recently. And the only other character I can come up with is Arianna, but that depends on whether you consider the Hernandezes "prominent."

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Matt
Apr 9 2013, 06:36 PM
Um... even in real world time, I wouldn't classify either Sarah or Noelle as "younger". Sarah was born before Sami (not that that means anything), but she was Carrie's best friend & a teenager 20 years ago. Even discounting all of that, Sarah was born in 1981 -- 32 years ago. Noelle was born in 1983 putting her at 30 in real time and a year OLDER than Sami in soap time. Granted, EJ is younger than Will so who the fuck knows.
this last sentence is priceless. 100% truth, but still too funny.

BradyB

I also love me some Patsy Pease and also Charles Shaughnessy. I'd love to have Jeannie come back to,Salem. She could be a love interest for JJ. Try are not related.

jwsel
Member Avatar

BradyB
Apr 9 2013, 07:16 PM
I also love me some Patsy Pease and also Charles Shaughnessy. I'd love to have Jeannie come back to,Salem. She could be a love interest for JJ. Try are not related.
I don't agree at all. JJ is going to be a teen. Jeannie was born a few months after Stephanie, but before Brady and Abby.

Even more, Jeannie is nearly a complete blank slate. While she has a connection to Salem as a Brady, the writers could give her almost any back-story and career. Jeannie could be written in so many ways. You have to figure she and Andrew were raised with money, as both Shane and Phillip were wealthy. They probably went to top schools if Shane had any influence on their academics. But then they also could have been raised as rich, spoiled Hollywood brats (despite Shane's better qualities, he certainly spoiled Eve). And they could have mental issues given Kim's history of MPD. In terms of relationships, are they like their parents and build walls against relationships? Do they hide their emotions like Shane or are they open about them like psychologist Kim? There is so much room to work with Jeannie coming into Salem in her mid- to late-20s as someone who is already an adult and then filling in the backstory that making her another teen with virtually no life experience would really be a total waste.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Welcome to DOOL, Jen Lilley!

Now, we need to know about Chrishell Stause...
Edited by Dreamy, Apr 10 2013, 12:42 AM.

annie21

I think these writers will create their own character. They certainly don't seem to know or care about any history pre-1995 or so. Thus, we can probably forget about the Donovans and Maggie's real kids.

On a related note, wasn't there an article somewhere that said the physical therapist had "ties to Salem" that people in town won't know about at first?

cord08

Quote:

I do still think Chrishell Stause is on DAYS, as the PT, because people are constantly asking her when the news will break and she said yesterday that it has to be very soon. She's been taping wherever since the end of February. I think that could only apply to DAYS, although I don't know how far ahead B&B is.

Yes. Based on the tweet she responded to, it definitely sounds as though Chrishell is joining another soap. I can't imagine that B&B tapes more than 6 weeks ahead.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply