Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Guide Exclusive: The Shocking Return of Stavros Cassadine!
Topic Started: Apr 10 2013, 02:33 PM (1,537 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

Daddy's back! In the stunning cliffhanger of Wednesday's episode of ABC's General Hospital it was revealed that Stavros Cassadine the heartthrob baddie played by Robert Kelker Kelly didn't die when he went down that bottomless pit back in 2001. In fact, he's still looking mighty damn fine and holding Luke, Laura and Lulu hostage on Cassadine Island! Are even more Cassadines coming? Is Helena really most sincerely dead? Head writer Ron Carlivati gave TV Guide Magazine the scoop on this unstoppable crime clan.

TV Guide Magazine: Stavros, eh? Another brilliantly kept secret!
Carlivati: We really wanted to revive the Spencer-Cassadine feud in a big, surprising way for the 50th anniversary. It's been Luke versus Helena for so long that we needed an additional twist, and since Stavros was never found in that bottomless pit, we don't know what really happened. [Laughs] For all we know, he went all the way through and ended up in China! It seemed so fitting to bring him back, since he had that relationship with Laura and is the father of her son, Nikolas. That's still such a sticking point for Luke.

TV Guide Magazine: Kelker Kelly retired from acting years ago and now flies planes for a living. Were you certain you could get him back?
Carlivati: The show was able to track him down and he was happy to come back and do this story. He'll be in a bunch of episodes spread out over a period of time. It really felt like Stavros was someone Luke would really like to have it out with once and for all.

TV Guide Magazine: It's hard to believe Helena is dead, given this family's remarkable talent for resurrection. What do you want to say about that?
Carlivati: Obviously with the Cassadines you never really know. But the idea is that Helena is dead-dead. A major turning point in the Spencer-Cassadine rivalry needed to happen. After 30-plus years of this we needed to give Luke that moment of triumph, so he plugged her. Point blank. And he checked her pulse. So, yeah, she's pretty dead.

TV Guide Magazine: Pretty dead?
Carlivati: You will see Helena again in some form I'll just leave it at that but the intention is that she's pretty darn dead. [Laughs] Notice how I left myself that little opening!

TV Guide Magazine: What about bringing back Thaao Penghlis as Victor Cassadine?
Carlivati: Victor is not part of this go-round, but he's certainly a possibility down the line. We never want this rivalry to die. There's also the ongoing mystery of Sam's father and that's not lost on me. Obviously [Sam's mother] Alexis is withholding something huge, otherwise she'd reveal the dad's identity. Our viewers always ask about that and I want them to know I will address it. I just need to figure out the best timing. [Laughs] It's always good to have some Cassadine secrets in your back pocket!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/General-Hospital-Stavros-Cassadine-1063846.aspx
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Great interview! Thanks for posting.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I was thinking about him a few weeks ago and found his profile on Linkedin when trying to find a current pic of him but the pic on there was only the side of his face... :ninpeek:

I thought he was so cute back in the day when he played Bo during the buried alive storyline and afterwards on Days. I'm to young to have remembered his original run on Another World but saw him on it during the short time SoapNet aired AW. His 2nd run on AW kinda sucked though.

I know he had issues near the end of his run on Days but have read that he apologized years later for whatever went on. Never heard anything about backstage stuff concerning his 2nd AW run or from his time previously on GH.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting! Count me in as one completely surprised by this and I'm glad Stavros isn't going to be in just 1 or 2 episodes.

Nate
Member Avatar
#BitchIsBack

I didn't even see today's GH, but when I saw this I clicked it and I dropped my coke. LMAO.

Tash
Member Avatar

I haven't watched it yet. But I can't wait. I was thinking it would be Stefan. Now I am glad it is Stavros.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

I saw just the headline and just assumed he was coming back in a few days or weeks. Then watched today's show and was completely surprised. Nice job keeping it a secret in today's spoiler crazy soap world.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

RC and TPTB were brilliant keeping it secret RKK was coming back. His return was a big surprise!! I haven't read any spoilers or
heard rumors about it. Kudos to them!
Edited by bellajewel, Apr 10 2013, 06:24 PM.

angie37
Member Avatar

I've always loved RKK no matter the character he played. I'm :cheer: to have him back on my screen. :applause:

nightfan

Guess this means he won't be back on Days to replace PR :(

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Shocked, I too thought it would be Stefan or maybe even Mikkos. Hope Helena isn't dead. Constance Towers is/was wonderful in the role. I bet she isn't. Wonder if Victor Cassadine could be Sam's father? Sounds like he could be. If so Thaao Penghlis may be on his way back from the dead too! But that would be mean Victor would've raped his sister Alexis. Uhh gross. No WAY. LOL.

nightfan, Robert Kelker-Kelly very likely will NEVER be back on DAYS again as Bo or anyone else.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I actually kinda think Stavros IS Sam's dad. Even if Sam's dad is just EVIL, there's plenty of evil people in GH history and that is no reason to keep it a secret. If its Stavros at least she has a reason. Maybe they met and didn't know who they were until Helena had to tell them. Or maybe he did rape Alexis. WHo knows?

They did however miss the boat if they go this route. Sadly Helena is really dead. At least for now. This isn't part of some scheme. She's dead, dead. SPOILER ALERT...
Spoiler: click to toggle

Anyway, this is EPIC! I had a feeling Stefan, Stavros, or both would be alive because of the way Helena and Luke kept mentioning them being dead and at one point Helena got a smirk on her face when mentioning them. But this was still a shock. I know RKK chose to retire and become a pilot so its just interesting all around. I LOVE RKK and don't really give a damn about his backstage hijinks. I do hope that Stavros and Helena had Stefan held prisoner somewhere. I always loved how Stefan was still dark and could be a BAD ASS Cassadine, but he was still a nice guy and loving at times. I want him back. Stavros doesn't have longevity because he is just pure evil and has no redeeming qualities. Stefan could stick around permanently.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Apr 11 2013, 10:09 AM
I actually kinda think Stavros IS Sam's dad. Even if Sam's dad is just EVIL, there's plenty of evil people in GH history and that is no reason to keep it a secret. If its Stavros at least she has a reason. Maybe they met and didn't know who they were until Helena had to tell them. Or maybe he did rape Alexis. WHo knows?
Stavros is Sam's uncle. Unless he had sex with his sister Alexis. I don't think they'd go there though.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Which is why I said he could have raped Alexis. I know they are half-siblings and it would be disgusting. But Alexis keeping this a secret for so long just for it to turn out to be some "evil" rich guy will just be weird. Sam is not some weak person, she's supposedly a bad ass. Doesn't seem like Alexis would need to shelter her unless its some huge bombshell like this. I wouldn't put rape past Stavros. The Cassadines are constantly referred to as being "inbreds" by Luke.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Excited about the return but UGH at RC's decision to keep Helena dead.:(

happy
Member Avatar

No way Helena is dead. This is just another lie, because they don't like to spoil the audience. I am waiting for Stefan and Lucky to return as well!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply