Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of April 22nd; *updated 4/15*
Topic Started: Apr 10 2013, 03:28 PM (35,349 Views)
lazydazes
Member Avatar

Ooh yea! Cameron is hotter than sin and I`m for any opportunity where he has to take it off. Double oh yeah to rafe and brady shaking their stuff. Galen & Eric are sexy and hotttt! All I can say is that I will be there for this one.
As for the ericole spoiler, does this mean that varcole don`t go all the way? I certainly won`t be disappointed if they don`t. Hopefully we`ll finally start seeing Eric`s longing for Nicole.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

From watching Passions, I know that EM has some moves on him. I KNOW I'm going to enjoy that when it airs. :applause: :laugh:

Will&Sonny

Renaissance Girl
Apr 17 2013, 02:12 PM
Jeez louise. If everyone is so irritated with this show and is sick and tired with it, why don't you start writing fanfictions on what you want the show to portray as far as storylines? That should release the tension and residual anger and hopefully let your imagination flow free.

:rolleyes: :glare:
I've been watching this show for nearly twenty years, and many people here have been watching for much longer. One thing has always been true, and will always be true -- Days will never be able to please everyone. A lot of people on here seem to hold James E. Reilly in high regard, but I distinctly remember that when he was the head writer, Days was the laughingstock of many publications, viewers were complaining about his ridiculous, over-the-top storylines, and people were thrilled when he was replaced. Jennifer and Daniel seem to be almost universally hated here, but if you look at other places online, you'll see that they do have some fans. Many people here love E.J. and Sami, and I can't stand them (and I'm certainly not alone).

I get a bit tired of hearing repeated complaints based on assumptions that were formed after reading vague spoilers for scenes that won't air for weeks, but it's just something that you have to learn to ignore. (And I've certainly complained about some of those same spoilers -- mainly when they involve Will and Sonny -- so I'm not entirely innocent myself, but I do try to remember that a lot of what we read into spoilers is completely unfounded. Look at how many people complained about the initial spoilers about Nicole having sex with Vargas, and then another spoiler came out that suggested that Nicole was going to fantasize about Eric while she was with Vargas, and many of the people who were complaining just a day before were suddenly perfectly happy with how things were going to play out! Funny, that.)

Even a show like GH -- which, according to some people here, is currently the holy grail of soap operas -- has its detractors (including me -- I've never liked GH, and I still don't [and I'm in a unique position because I have, for various reasons over the years, "watched" that show despite the fact that I couldn't stand it -- usually because there was one actor or character whom I liked enough to suffer through the rest of the show -- so I can actually make informed complaints about it]). Many people at soapcentral.com still complain about GH regularly and want the show's head writers to be replaced.

Every show is only as perfect as the people whom you are currently soliciting opinions from believe that it is on the day that you are soliciting opinions from them. Just a few short weeks ago, almost everyone here was praising Days for being vastly improved. Now many of those same people are back to complaining about the show again. It changes week to week, day to day. Try not to let it bother you too much.

Will&Sonny

Safensane
Apr 17 2013, 10:18 AM
Hey, I'll love seeing GG & EM shed their clothes, charity or no charity..... Guess the Days writers had to show GH our hunks could show their wares too.... at least GH has excellent stories to back up their hunky chorus line! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Not to be mean, but calling some of the people who appeared in that chorus line that you're referring to on GH "hunks" is a bit of a stretch, especially in comparison to Nathan Owens, Galen Gering, and Eric Martsolf.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Obviously television shows aren't able and will never be able to please every single faction of their fans at the exact same time, but that's not the issue a lot of people have taken with the current Days. The biggest problem (well one of them) days has is its writing. Days has this weird rollercoaster ride of writing style where one week it's pretty great the characters have great dialogue and the story is moving along nicely, but then a week later everything is crappy. The characters are being idiots, the pacing in slowed down to a crawl, stupid plot points are thrown in (seemingly out of nowhere), and it's just tiresome.

Yes, some fans may not like certain characters/couples/storylines but that doesn't change the fact that the overall writing for the show is just all over the place and generally just terrible at times.

It's seems a little callous to tell other fans who have a legitimate problem with the writing to go "read fanfiction" to fulfill their needs.
Edited by Panda Panda, Apr 17 2013, 06:03 PM.

Renaissance Girl

Panda Panda
Apr 17 2013, 05:53 PM
Obviously television shows aren't able and will never be able to please every single faction of their fans at the exact same time, but that's not the issue a lot of people have taken with the current Days. The biggest problem (well one of them) days has is its writing. Days has this weird rollercoaster ride of writing style where one week it's pretty great the characters have great dialogue and the story is moving along nicely, but then a week later everything is crappy. The characters are being idiots, the pacing in slowed down to a crawl, stupid plot points are thrown in (seemingly out of nowhere), and it's just tiresome.

Yes, some fans may not like certain characters/couples/storylines but that doesn't change the fact that the overall writing for the show is just all over the place and generally just terrible at times.

It's seems a little callous to tell other fans who have a legitimate problem with the writing to go "read fanfiction" to fulfill their needs.
I never said anything about "reading fanfiction". I was only making a suggestion to try to help with the situation since everybody seems to be upset with the show as of late. I didn't mean to come across as callous, and I apologize for that.

Yes it's true that with the show you can't please everybody but I think every show has its pros and cons. As long as the pros outweighs the cons and it help enhances the show as a whole by maximizing its strengths, then it will succeed. I think Days has done that for more than 40 years already. It has a lot of things that really appealed to people and still does in fact, but right now it is experiencing a real downturn because of poor writing.

I think it's sad that people are so disappointed in what the show is doing but I do think that their concerns and opinions are valid. It's just that people should try to find some positive in the show and go with it. It's not good to just dwell in the negative and do nothing but complain and mope.

Again, I'm sorry if I offended anyone here for my comments and I did not mean to be rude.

Safensane

Will&Sonny
Apr 17 2013, 05:38 PM
Safensane
Apr 17 2013, 10:18 AM
Hey, I'll love seeing GG & EM shed their clothes, charity or no charity..... Guess the Days writers had to show GH our hunks could show their wares too.... at least GH has excellent stories to back up their hunky chorus line! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Not to be mean, but calling some of the people who appeared in that chorus line that you're referring to on GH "hunks" is a bit of a stretch, especially in comparison to Nathan Owens, Galen Gering, and Eric Martsolf.
Not really mean at all.... I was trying to be kind... the GH chorus line had some nice views, but a few could use some serious time at the gym! Owens, Gering & Martsolf, on the other hand, are extraordinary specimens... looking forward to the 23rd! :popcorn: :cheers:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Renaissance Girl
Apr 17 2013, 10:10 PM
Panda Panda
Apr 17 2013, 05:53 PM

I never said anything about "reading fanfiction". I was only making a suggestion to try to help with the situation since everybody seems to be upset with the show as of late. I didn't mean to come across as callous, and I apologize for that.

Yes it's true that with the show you can't please everybody but I think every show has its pros and cons. As long as the pros outweighs the cons and it help enhances the show as a whole by maximizing its strengths, then it will succeed. I think Days has done that for more than 40 years already. It has a lot of things that really appealed to people and still does in fact, but right now it is experiencing a real downturn because of poor writing.

I think it's sad that people are so disappointed in what the show is doing but I do think that their concerns and opinions are valid. It's just that people should try to find some positive in the show and go with it. It's not good to just dwell in the negative and do nothing but complain and mope.

Again, I'm sorry if I offended anyone here for my comments and I did not mean to be rude.
The current state of the show is this...the pros don't outweigh the cons.....and that is why so many people are complaining....
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

So I see the TV Guide article says Daniel is also going to be a stripper. I might have known he would be included. No offense to anyone who likes this sort of thing but I think it's ridiculous for supposedly professional men to be doing this. Not to mention having Caroline participating. It seems they're treating her Alzheimer's as a joke.

MissLola
Member Avatar

Daniel?? :yuk: :drunk: :x Just no!!!!

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

am103
Apr 10 2013, 03:33 PM
John and Kristen?! Just.... No.
I know right,.. it disgust me actually. For some reason I am totally k with Brady Kristen though.. I don't know why.

annie21

MissLola
Apr 18 2013, 11:52 AM
Daniel?? :yuk: :drunk: :x Just no!!!!
LOL! The new Tom Horton. Yeah, right.

If it weren't so ludicrously sad, it would be funny.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

I still don't understand how sex with another man (a virtual stranger) is considered angst. Where I come from, that's how you break up a couple. Not bring one together. Kissing another guy, maybe. If he walks in and gets jealous. But straight up sex with a man while you're supposedly in love with someone else is not angst. Unless you want the man to look like a pansy.

Eric would be disgusted. Not wish it was him. This is so stupid!
Edited by Aliaron, Apr 19 2013, 01:04 PM.

Daytime
Member Avatar

Daily Spoilers week of April 22nd

4/22, Jennifer and Maggie reconcile; Eric walks in on Nicole and Vargas together.

4/23, Kristen creates an awkward moment for Rafe and Sami; Cameron kisses Abigail; Nicole and Vargas fight; Eric talks to Father Matt about Nicole.

4/24, Kristen and John share a moment when she tries to return his gift; Ciara tells Brady she knows something about Kristen; Daniel and Jennifer talk to Eric about Nicole; Jennifer gets her job back.

4/25, Brady walks in on a moment between John and Kristen; Ciara continues to hold the picture from Sy; Sami and Will try to sow goodwill with Stefano; Sonny talks to Adrienne about Nick's activities; Rafe tells Kate he is over Sami.

4/26, Brady asks John about his history with Kristen; Ciara gives Kristen a present; Vargas gives Nick $30,000 and tells him to triple it; Stefano agrees to help Will; Sami and Sonny snoop around Nick's room; E.J. moves forward with his plan.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Daniel and Jennifer talk to Eric about Nicole

Umm ... what? :moon:

blueskies
Member Avatar

Omg Ciara gives Kristen a present. If she isn't the tiniest little Trojan horse ever.

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

Daytime
Apr 19 2013, 02:53 PM
Daily Spoilers week of April 22nd

:badmood:

Dannifer need to stay the hell out of the Ericole story.

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

aimees76
Apr 19 2013, 02:57 PM

Umm ... what? :moon:
The writers will throw Fetch anywhere. :rolleyes: :bs: :puke: Seriously, Nicole better overhear and tell them to mind their own business. Eric better do the same. Fetch needs to go far away. I am so sick of both Dan and Jennifer. They will probably either tell Eric about Vargas/Nicole or they will "compliment" Nicole about how she changed. :blah: Whatever the reason, they need to get a life.

Daytime
Member Avatar

TV Guide Previews

4/22, Jennifer and Maggie make amends; Eric catches Nicole and Vargas about to break a commandment in the rectory office and yells at Nicole.

4/23, A thankful Cameron pulls Abigail into a searing kiss; Nicole and Vargas get into a heated argument; Kristen orchestrates an awkward moment between Rafe and Sami; Eric confides in Father Matt about Nicole; Daniel performs a strip tease.

4/24, Kristen tries to return John's gift; Ciara throws a temper tantrum, and Brady manages to calm her down; Daniel and Jennifer relate surprising information to Eric about Nicole; Jennifer gets her job back at the hospital, much to Anne's chagrin.

4/25, Brady nearly comes to blows with his father; Sami and Will spend time with Stefano; Sonny subtly questions Adrienne about Nick's comings and goings at the mansion; Rafe assures Kate that he is done with Sami.

4/26, Brady questions John about his past with Kristen; Ciara gives Kristen a gift; Vargas gives Nick cash and asks him to triple it; Stefano toys with Sami, Will and EJ; Sami and Sonny sneak into Nick's room; EJ proceeds with his mysterious plan.

MandieBlanchard

Ej DiMera and the word“Master Plan“ should be used together....His plans always blew up in his face...Ej going ro try to bring Stefano down...please Ej has never to have a plan without fatha help

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply