Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jason47 celebrates anniversaries of Kristian Alfonso & Bryan Dattilo!; Special tribute page marks milestone anniversaries in Salem
Topic Started: Apr 10 2013, 06:41 PM (906 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

Jason47's Anniversary Tributes to Kristian Alfonso and Bryan Dattilo have now been posted! Kristian (Hope) and Bryan (Lucas) are both celebrating major anniversaries this month. Kristian debuted on "Days" 30 years ago on April 14, 1983 and Bryan debuted on "Days" 20 years ago on April 15, 1993. Celebrate both of these major milestones with a special tribute page, including their first scenes, first "Days" interviews and much more! http://www.jason47.com/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

love it. Thanks, Jason! :)

Ophelia
Member Avatar

Hope and Lucas? Hmmm... those names sound familiar.

A big congrats to both Kristian and Bryan -- may we see them soon!

jb1183

Wonderful tribute to two beloved characters who are both sorely underused right now.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

I always get a kick of reading the old mags....they were really a good read back in the day...can't say the same thing now.

This just proves how out of touch Days truly is. They made such a big deal over Ali's twentieth anniversary and they didn't even bother mentioning anything about Kristian or Bryan's.....if anything Hope should have been the character of the month....Kristen can always be character of the month in May, when we know that her story with Brady will be coming to a climax.....Days truly is clueless.

Thanks again Jason for doing this. Bryan and Kristian truly deserve to be featured more. It's a travesty that Bryan is barely on and Hope lingers around in limbo.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

LuvingLumi
Apr 11 2013, 08:19 AM
I always get a kick of reading the old mags....they were really a good read back in the day...can't say the same thing now.

This just proves how out of touch Days truly is. They made such a big deal over Ali's twentieth anniversary and they didn't even bother mentioning anything about Kristian or Bryan's.....if anything Hope should have been the character of the month....Kristen can always be character of the month in May, when we know that her story with Brady will be coming to a climax.....Days truly is clueless.

Thanks again Jason for doing this. Bryan and Kristian truly deserve to be featured more. It's a travesty that Bryan is barely on and Hope lingers around in limbo.
Kristian's doing a few interviews today, but you're right about how Days themselves have said absolutely nothing. They haven't retweeted a damn thing about Hope/Kristian either. (& the one tweet that originally contained Hope's name didn't when Days retweeted it)

Days Pretender
Member Avatar

I guess without your being around Jason, we would not have a clue as to what happened to whom, and when. I liked the part of Hope, and the earliest I can remember her, she was being played by Natasha Ryan, and she is a beautiful little girl. I would love to have a picture of how she looks now.

Do you ever run across any photos of the starlettes all grown up? She truly was a little imp, and I enjoyed watching her each day, and was wondering what she might have found to do since leaving the role of Hope?

That would be a wonderful series for you Jason, the way they were as babes, both picture as well as behavior, and then the way they look now, and the things they have found to do after leaving the show?

Thanks Jason.. I truly enjoy your series.. Keep on posting the different series of different characters.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Days Pretender
Apr 11 2013, 01:24 PM
I guess without your being around Jason, we would not have a clue as to what happened to whom, and when. I liked the part of Hope, and the earliest I can remember her, she was being played by Natasha Ryan, and she is a beautiful little girl. I would love to have a picture of how she looks now.

Do you ever run across any photos of the starlettes all grown up? She truly was a little imp, and I enjoyed watching her each day, and was wondering what she might have found to do since leaving the role of Hope?

That would be a wonderful series for you Jason, the way they were as babes, both picture as well as behavior, and then the way they look now, and the things they have found to do after leaving the show?

Thanks Jason.. I truly enjoy your series.. Keep on posting the different series of different characters.
Thanks, Days Pretender. Glad you have been enjoying my site!

As for Natasha Ryan, here's what happened to her after leaving "Days" in 1980:

Down the Street: Former Actress Finds Comfort in Glorieta 8/1/2007...Santa Fe New Mexican

By CINDY BELLINGER

This is a story about heading one place and ending up somewhere else. Natasha Ryan left Southern California nearly 14 years ago. "I was on my way to Canada and decided to stop three places," said Ryan. "One was Santa Fe. I liked it, so I stayed for a while. But I was curious about Wisconsin. So I tried that, too. But I came back to Santa Fe." Ryan was 23 at the time. Now 37, she lives atop a mountain in a cabin with no running water or electricity, but it's home - maybe the only place she's been able to call home since she was a child. "I didn't have a pretty childhood," said Ryan, who was raised by a foster family. Ryan said she worked in movies and television starting at the age of 1; by the time she was 13, she had appeared in 16 movies and television series. TV shows on her resume include Starsky and Hutch and movies include The Entity and The Day Time Ended. From 1975 to 1980 she played the young Hope Alice Williams in the soap opera Days of Our Lives. In 1976, at the age of 6, she played the role of young Sybil in the TV movie about a woman with multiple-personality disorder. When she turned 13, things changed. "Overnight I became a really fat, pimply, ugly kid, and I wanted to be like other 13-year-olds," she said. "I wanted a mohawk. I wanted to dye my hair and pierce everything. They wouldn't even let you get a tan in the summer. So I quit making movies." Ryan said she was kicked out of her foster home and ended up living on the streets in Venice, Calif. "The whole time I tried not compromising my morals for a burrito, and I tried to sleep," she said. "That's not an easy thing to do for a 14- year-old girl, to find a safe place to sleep." A few others on the streets became her protectors. "I called home several times, but my foster mother wouldn't let me come back," Ryan said. "So I continued living in an old brick building, The Ellison, with a working gigolo and drug addicts." Many Web sites are devoted to Ryan. "My 15-year-old daughter, Sienna - I named her after a crayon - told me there are a lot of Web sites about me. But I'm completely computer illiterate (and) haven't seen them." After years of doing the "Santa Fe shuffle" - working various jobs such as blowing glass, working with silver and leather and coaching in a gym - Ryan now works in construction. "I fell into the manhole of construction," she said. She and her crew do solar construction, plastering and anything else that needs to be done, and she saves every cent for her daughter's education. "Sienna is 15 and goes to Desert Academy," Ryan said. "Her passion is acting. Guess she got the gene." Her daughter's father lives in Santa Fe, and Ryan said Sienna spends more time there. "She's embarrassed about living in a hippie shack and bringing her friends here," she said. "But I hope some day she'll become part of a back-to-the- Earth revival and thank me." Ryan found her land in Glorieta when she was teaching a friend's daughter to drive. They went up a steep road and learned the land at the top was for sale. That was that. She said she lives frugally to save money. But some of her earnings will soon be spent on a Russian turtle she got as a gift. "It's only 6 months old, but it needs a climate that's constantly 90 degrees," she said. In the house, all the solar power goes to him. "It's this little guy that'll probably force me onto the grid so I can keep him cozy," Ryan said. "And I'm ready to take a shower in my own house."

Days Pretender
Member Avatar

Wow... Talk about from the pot, to the fire... I wonder sometimes how so much un happenings can actually happen to someone that we as only watchers had known and loved as a character we accepted as part of the family of the Hortons'..... Breaks my heart... She really was a viable little urchin, and to think she really was an orphan Annie..

Thanks for the records you keep Jason. This was very interesting, and I appreciate your efforts.

I_Love_Coffee
Member Avatar

Jason47
Apr 10 2013, 06:41 PM
Jason47's Anniversary Tributes to Kristian Alfonso and Bryan Dattilo have now been posted! Kristian (Hope) and Bryan (Lucas) are both celebrating major anniversaries this month. Kristian debuted on "Days" 30 years ago on April 14, 1983 and Bryan debuted on "Days" 20 years ago on April 15, 1993. Celebrate both of these major milestones with a special tribute page, including their first scenes, first "Days" interviews and much more! http://www.jason47.com/
Loved both thank you Jason :)

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Thank You, Jason!!!!! :) :) :hail:
Edited by bellajewel, Apr 15 2013, 11:13 PM.

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

I love the title of this thread because it gives the impression that Bryan and Kristian are sharing an anniversary together, which is, if you picture it hilarious. Now there would be an unexpected couple!

blueskies
Member Avatar

Jason47
Apr 11 2013, 02:38 PM
Days Pretender
Apr 11 2013, 01:24 PM

Thanks, Days Pretender. Glad you have been enjoying my site!

As for Natasha Ryan, here's what happened to her after leaving "Days" in 1980:

Down the Street: Former Actress Finds Comfort in Glorieta 8/1/2007...Santa Fe New Mexican

By CINDY BELLINGER

This is a story about heading one place and ending up somewhere else. Natasha Ryan left Southern California nearly 14 years ago. "I was on my way to Canada and decided to stop three places," said Ryan. "One was Santa Fe. I liked it, so I stayed for a while. But I was curious about Wisconsin. So I tried that, too. But I came back to Santa Fe." Ryan was 23 at the time. Now 37, she lives atop a mountain in a cabin with no running water or electricity, but it's home - maybe the only place she's been able to call home since she was a child. "I didn't have a pretty childhood," said Ryan, who was raised by a foster family. Ryan said she worked in movies and television starting at the age of 1; by the time she was 13, she had appeared in 16 movies and television series. TV shows on her resume include Starsky and Hutch and movies include The Entity and The Day Time Ended. From 1975 to 1980 she played the young Hope Alice Williams in the soap opera Days of Our Lives. In 1976, at the age of 6, she played the role of young Sybil in the TV movie about a woman with multiple-personality disorder. When she turned 13, things changed. "Overnight I became a really fat, pimply, ugly kid, and I wanted to be like other 13-year-olds," she said. "I wanted a mohawk. I wanted to dye my hair and pierce everything. They wouldn't even let you get a tan in the summer. So I quit making movies." Ryan said she was kicked out of her foster home and ended up living on the streets in Venice, Calif. "The whole time I tried not compromising my morals for a burrito, and I tried to sleep," she said. "That's not an easy thing to do for a 14- year-old girl, to find a safe place to sleep." A few others on the streets became her protectors. "I called home several times, but my foster mother wouldn't let me come back," Ryan said. "So I continued living in an old brick building, The Ellison, with a working gigolo and drug addicts." Many Web sites are devoted to Ryan. "My 15-year-old daughter, Sienna - I named her after a crayon - told me there are a lot of Web sites about me. But I'm completely computer illiterate (and) haven't seen them." After years of doing the "Santa Fe shuffle" - working various jobs such as blowing glass, working with silver and leather and coaching in a gym - Ryan now works in construction. "I fell into the manhole of construction," she said. She and her crew do solar construction, plastering and anything else that needs to be done, and she saves every cent for her daughter's education. "Sienna is 15 and goes to Desert Academy," Ryan said. "Her passion is acting. Guess she got the gene." Her daughter's father lives in Santa Fe, and Ryan said Sienna spends more time there. "She's embarrassed about living in a hippie shack and bringing her friends here," she said. "But I hope some day she'll become part of a back-to-the- Earth revival and thank me." Ryan found her land in Glorieta when she was teaching a friend's daughter to drive. They went up a steep road and learned the land at the top was for sale. That was that. She said she lives frugally to save money. But some of her earnings will soon be spent on a Russian turtle she got as a gift. "It's only 6 months old, but it needs a climate that's constantly 90 degrees," she said. In the house, all the solar power goes to him. "It's this little guy that'll probably force me onto the grid so I can keep him cozy," Ryan said. "And I'm ready to take a shower in my own house."
Wow, this is really sad. Thank you Jason for putting this together. I realize it was a different time, but you would have hoped her social worker and agent (presumably) would have tried to help her after her foster mother kicked her out.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply