Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for April 1-5, 2013
Topic Started: Apr 12 2013, 04:08 AM (3,262 Views)
ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

Ratings Report for the Week of April 1-5, 2013

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,669,000 (-86,000/+709,000)
2. B&B 3,308,000 (-85,000/+497,000)
3. GH 2,792,000 (+38,000/+548,000)
4. DAYS 2,310,000 (-123,000/+148,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.4/11 (-.1/+.4)
2. B&B 2.4/8 (-.1/+.2)
3. GH 2.1/7 (+.1/+.4)
4. DAYS 1.8/6 (same/+.2)

Day-To-Day Ratings HH/Total Viewers

B&B
Monday: 2.4/3,388,000
Tuesday: 2.5/3,329,000
Wednesday: 2.5/3,353,000
Thursday: 2.5/3,371,000
Friday: 2.3/3,097,000

DAYS
Monday: 1.9/2,500,000
Tuesday: 1.8/2,374,000
Wednesday: 1.8/2,352,000
Thursday: 1.6/2,150,000
Friday: 1.7/2,173,000

GH
Monday: 2.2/2,978,000
Tuesday: 2.1/2,754,000
Wednesday: 2.0/2,600,000
Thursday: 2.1/2,716,000
Friday: 2.1/2,911,000

Y&R
Monday: 3.4/4,749,000
Tuesday: 3.5/4,667,000
Wednesday: 3.4/4,586,000
Thursday: 3.4/4,680,000
Friday: 3.4/4,661,000

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/04/ratings-another-good-week-for-gh#more-22909
Edited by Miss Rhi, Apr 12 2013, 04:39 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

GH was SO good last week-- a well deserved bump! It's going to be interesting to see how they do this week......

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

GH should be even better in next week's ratings because of the Nurses Ball. Look at that rare FRIDAY bump from the NB. Without that kinda rough (by comparison) Wednesday this would have been a really great week for the show. I'm excited because that damn show is perfection. The NB had some flaws, but since its ended the show is just straight fire right now.

DAYS is in the danger zone. 2.2M is usually when I start getting really worried, but they're trending that way. I can't even believe that 4/4 rating. I need to look up a summary of that show or the 4/3 show. I know the whole show sucks and basically the same thing happens daily so this summary shouldn't tell me much that I don't already know. All of this after a pretty solid start on Monday too. Yikes. They really did a piss poor job of holding onto viewers that probably WANT to watch the show, but aren't compelled. Normally I am afraid Corday is going to come in and blow up the show but at this point I'm ready for Crackhead Kenny to come out firing and make some changes.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

DiMeraFan67
Apr 12 2013, 07:36 AM
GH should be even better in next week's ratings because of the Nurses Ball. Look at that rare FRIDAY bump from the NB. Without that kinda rough (by comparison) Wednesday this would have been a really great week for the show. I'm excited because that damn show is perfection. The NB had some flaws, but since its ended the show is just straight fire right now.

DAYS is in the danger zone. 2.2M is usually when I start getting really worried, but they're trending that way. I can't even believe that 4/4 rating. I need to look up a summary of that show or the 4/3 show. I know the whole show sucks and basically the same thing happens daily so this summary shouldn't tell me much that I don't already know. All of this after a pretty solid start on Monday too. Yikes. They really did a piss poor job of holding onto viewers that probably WANT to watch the show, but aren't compelled. Normally I am afraid Corday is going to come in and blow up the show but at this point I'm ready for Crackhead Kenny to come out firing and make some changes.
I was dreading the ball ending on GH because I'm still too use to a soap screwing me over and I'm not use to the writers having such good balance and pacing that they would continue even after a major non sweeps event, but by golly, GH did just that....the huge surprises this week are what building up a show pre sweeps should be like...I just wish that Days would have that kind of drama, that kind of anticipation and that kind of draw, but they don't. Days simply sucks all the way around, I have NOTHING on that show that would draw me to watching from one day to the next.....this week's Days was even worse that last week......the ratings for the next couple of weeks should be going from bad to worse.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

GH has been awesome.

Days has been crap.

Days deciding to concentrate on Fetchole is destroying any chance they have to get some decent ratings.

I'm so disappointed that Days can't manage to keep the momentum going for more than a month at a time. It was so good Mid Jan to mid Feb. now it's like the wheels came totally off.

Meanwhile, we've got GH going from the NB into major action packed story using its history & it's vets. Well deserved ratings.

Bee
Member Avatar

Wow. Look at that bump from last year in total viewers for Y&R! I don't watch it but it sure looks like a lot of people are right now! I caught an episode of GH that week and it was gooooooooood. There are soooo many stories going on and they are all kind of interwoven and the writing and production quality was superior to anything else I have seen as of late. Take note, Days! Sheesh. I couldn't even tell you what happened on Days that week...well wait, yes I could - Dan and Jennifer. There is no point in even looking at the day to day breakdown to see what happened that week. Any other characters and their insignificant storylines make up a fraction of the time spend on Dr Tan and the Whoreton. How that show thinks it can rely solely on one horrific pairing is beyond me. This has been going on for MONTHS now. Today's episode marks 10 straight Days of Dannifer with no break. I think we are officially at the point where we can place the blame entirely on Fetch's shoulders.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

It would seem the Jennifer/Daniel/Chloe disaster that is currently monopolizing Days has started to take a toll on its ratings. I'm surprised they have not fallen farther.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

GH has been rocking and I expect the ratings to go higher after this awesome week. As for Days, keep pushing Fetch on the audience 4 days a week and see what you get. :flipoff:

trojangal
Member Avatar

I have started watching GH again and DVR-ing Days since they are
on at the same time where I live. I haven't watched GH since the 90's
but they are sucking me back in with the Nurses Ball , Vets, and exciting stories
Days alas is just sucking right now : (

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DAYS has been very unwatchable the last 3 weeks with so much focus on Jennifer & Daniel...so I am not really surprised by their dip in the ratings lately.

Romancer66

Bee
Apr 12 2013, 09:33 AM
Wow. Look at that bump from last year in total viewers for Y&R! I don't watch it but it sure looks like a lot of people are right now! I caught an episode of GH that week and it was gooooooooood. There are soooo many stories going on and they are all kind of interwoven and the writing and production quality was superior to anything else I have seen as of late. Take note, Days! Sheesh. I couldn't even tell you what happened on Days that week...well wait, yes I could - Dan and Jennifer. There is no point in even looking at the day to day breakdown to see what happened that week. Any other characters and their insignificant storylines make up a fraction of the time spend on Dr Tan and the Whoreton. How that show thinks it can rely solely on one horrific pairing is beyond me. This has been going on for MONTHS now. Today's episode marks 10 straight Days of Dannifer with no break. I think we are officially at the point where we can place the blame entirely on Fetch's shoulders.
Agreed. Generally, I'd be in accord with those saying one couple can't make or break a show. But these numbers combined with the nonstop airtime that Fetch has been getting for the last three weeks seem a pretty clear indication that this couple is not the draw TIIC hoped/believed they would be. On the contrary, they seem to be a big turn-off--or rather, turn the channel to another show where something more exciting is happening. And I have absolutely no sympathy for DAYS: that's what happens when the chimps in charge pursue their own agenda, in spite of viewer reaction. They deserve all the woe they get for putting all their eggs in Fetch's rotting basket.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

JDeveraux_91
Apr 12 2013, 11:23 AM
GH has been rocking and I expect the ratings to go higher after this awesome week. As for Days, keep pushing Fetch on the audience 4 days a week and see what you get. :flipoff:
Oh wait, I guess it should be 5 days a week for Fetch from what I hear!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar

The sad part about all this is that Chloe leaves stage door right...and JJ enters stage door left....we are not done with Fetch....we might get a break from them as they might be happy for a little while but by the time that JJ returns, we'll have him all over Fetch and they'll be back in about 2 months.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

I'm glad GH continued to gain viewers during their anniversary week and hope the trend continues after the Nurse's Ball. I would be surprised if that doesn't happen as there has been a lot of buzz the last day or so about the big Stavros/RKK reveal.

BradyB

Yes, GH has been great!! They even are able to have returns that do not get leaked out!!! We need more of these things happening on soaps. After the big NB ending they have kept the suspense and stories with surprise rolling!!!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I'm starting to wonder...

GH is having its big anniversary, right? Pulling out all the stops, referencing history, getting the press- all that fun stuff.

Days is serving up Dan/Jen and not a whole lot else.

At least in my area (Los Angeles) they're time slot competitors. And just in terms of publicity, Days really had no way to counter all the GH returns. I'm starting to think that perhaps Days just got out of GH's way the past few weeks.

Also with these ratings- I don't think you can usually blame one couple for tanking a show, but didn't Dan/Jen also get the promos? So it's not just that they ate airtime, they were the lure...That's hard to dismiss (unless they blame Chloe).

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar

Do they even show the promos outside the Internet?? Days is just boring nothing's happening, there is no big event, nothing to draw fans in even.....

Romancer66

px780
Apr 12 2013, 05:18 PM
I'm starting to wonder...

GH is having its big anniversary, right? Pulling out all the stops, referencing history, getting the press- all that fun stuff.

Days is serving up Dan/Jen and not a whole lot else.

At least in my area (Los Angeles) they're time slot competitors. And just in terms of publicity, Days really had no way to counter all the GH returns. I'm starting to think that perhaps Days just got out of GH's way the past few weeks.

Also with these ratings- I don't think you can usually blame one couple for tanking a show, but didn't Dan/Jen also get the promos? So it's not just that they ate airtime, they were the lure...That's hard to dismiss (unless they blame Chloe).
Of the last four weeks' promos, about three were Fetch-centric. So yeah, pretty hard to dismiss. Wonder what'll happen once Chloe is gone. Somehow I don't foresee a groundswell of interest in Daniel and Jen-Jen coming.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alin89
Member Avatar

days is basically throw up and crap

Cathalina

Good for GH! They are really trying to keep the show fresh and produce quality and it shows.

While I dislike Fetch, I don't think its fair to blame the ratings going down solely on them. The promos say one story, but those who have been watching know they're not the only thing on. There's Ejami, the Wabi baby, and Vargas. Not only are they not attracting new viewers, the ones who are watching decided none of this was worth turning on their TV's for this past week. What is sad is that all of this had potential, and yet the writers focused on their pets at the expense of good story writing. Heck, almost all good stories have been sacrificed at the altar f Dr. Jonas and Semi.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply