Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for April 1-5, 2013
Topic Started: Apr 12 2013, 04:08 AM (3,169 Views)
px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

LuvingLumi
Apr 12 2013, 05:30 PM
Do they even show the promos outside the Internet?? Days is just boring nothing's happening, there is no big event, nothing to draw fans in even.....
I saw one during SNL, I think it was. So they make their way off the interwebz sometimes.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Surprised at Y&R's ratings. The show is actually pretty boring lately from what I've seen.

Ireland98

Not surprised at the low ratings for Days. The onslaught of Dannifer and using half the cast to pimp or provide angst for them has been bad. The other "stories" haven't been great either. Too much inconsistency or redundancy. Hope it's better for May sweeps, but the show should be good during non sweeps months too.

Vicky4Mimi
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Apr 12 2013, 06:16 PM
Good for GH! They are really trying to keep the show fresh and produce quality and it shows.

While I dislike Fetch, I don't think its fair to blame the ratings going down solely on them. The promos say one story, but those who have been watching know they're not the only thing on. There's Ejami, the Wabi baby, and Vargas. Not only are they not attracting new viewers, the ones who are watching decided none of this was worth turning on their TV's for this past week. What is sad is that all of this had potential, and yet the writers focused on their pets at the expense of good story writing. Heck, almost all good stories have been sacrificed at the altar f Dr. Jonas and Semi.
You are right! I don't blame the bad ratings all on Dannifer--not by a long shot. They are certainly not why I won't watch now. It's not even Ejami, horrible as they are, but my reason is Ali Sweeney. I am serious when I say that woman has really pissed some people off lately!

But...on a happier note--GO GH!!! They sure have my viewership now. I use to watch it years ago so I still know and love a lot of those characters. AND GUESS WHAT--they have stayed true to their characters!! I'm loving it and I'm loving catching back up with it all. It's like they say, When God closes one door he opens another....
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Apr 12 2013, 08:32 PM
Cathalina
Apr 12 2013, 06:16 PM
Good for GH! They are really trying to keep the show fresh and produce quality and it shows.

While I dislike Fetch, I don't think its fair to blame the ratings going down solely on them. The promos say one story, but those who have been watching know they're not the only thing on. There's Ejami, the Wabi baby, and Vargas. Not only are they not attracting new viewers, the ones who are watching decided none of this was worth turning on their TV's for this past week. What is sad is that all of this had potential, and yet the writers focused on their pets at the expense of good story writing. Heck, almost all good stories have been sacrificed at the altar f Dr. Jonas and Semi.
You are right! I don't blame the bad ratings all on Dannifer--not by a long shot. They are certainly not why I won't watch now. It's not even Ejami, horrible as they are, but my reason is Ali Sweeney. I am serious when I say that woman has really pissed some people off lately!

But...on a happier note--GO GH!!! They sure have my viewership now. I use to watch it years ago so I still know and love a lot of those characters. AND GUESS WHAT--they have stayed true to their characters!! I'm loving it and I'm loving catching back up with it all. It's like they say, When God closes one door he opens another....
I agree... you can't just blame Dannifer, altho I can't stand them myself.. there just isn't anything else on the show to hold anyone's attention either. Sure we get a few decent scenes here and there, but nothing that makes viewers want to keep watching or tune in tomorrow or to garner new viewers.

The show really sucks and has for a few months now. The plots are slow moving and boring, most of the characters are unrecognizable, and many of the most popular couples have been destroyed. There isn't any romance, drama or adventure.... it's just the same old, same old everyday. No surprise the ratings are falling.... apathy is setting in and that's not good.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

happy
Member Avatar

Good for GH! Honestly, I was hoping their ratings would rise even more. Like taking second place. ;-)

ABC did a great job promoting their 50th anniversary. So glad Frons is gone!!

bomber
Member Avatar

I think it's fair enough to blame Fetch for the abysmal ratings. They have been on nearly non-stop, all promos have been predominantly about them and twitter feedback has been pretty damning. These are 3 key elements to attracting viewers. Other pairings and characters have either been backburned or reduced to propping Dannifer. Other soaps have achieved good ratings so there is no excuse. I'm pretty sure the 4/4 episode was the one with the ridiculous scene at the hospital. No wonder it only rated a 1.6. What should be worrying TIIC more is that, if feedback on this site and twitter is representative of the overall audience, a good percentage of those still watching are FF Fetch scenes. If they continue to be the "A" story for much longer then ratings will only go lower.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

It feels like DAYS has been in a deadly dull loop for the past few weeks so these ratings aren't surprising. It's such a shame because just before that I recall discussing how great it was that the overall balance was much better and we were seeing a bigger mixture of characters being weaved through all the stories on the canvas. That has absolutely not been the case lately and it shows. *sigh*

Cathalina

bomber
Apr 12 2013, 09:55 PM
I think it's fair enough to blame Fetch for the abysmal ratings. They have been on nearly non-stop, all promos have been predominantly about them and twitter feedback has been pretty damning. These are 3 key elements to attracting viewers. Other pairings and characters have either been backburned or reduced to propping Dannifer. Other soaps have achieved good ratings so there is no excuse. I'm pretty sure the 4/4 episode was the one with the ridiculous scene at the hospital. No wonder it only rated a 1.6. What should be worrying TIIC more is that, if feedback on this site and twitter is representative of the overall audience, a good percentage of those still watching are FF Fetch scenes. If they continue to be the "A" story for much longer then ratings will only go lower.
Thing is people who post on boards only make up a small percentage of soap viewers. The average viewer is not posting, checking previews, or going spoiler hunting. They are watching the whole show, and while Dannifer may take up more airtime than they are worth (2 seconds, IMO) they are not the only thing on nor are they the only couple being propped. I wasn't watching regularly for them - I was watching for Nicole, the Wabi baby storyline, and Bristen. No interesting action on any front, and the Wabi baby storyline has become all about Sami who I can't stand. So, why watch regularly? My point is, the average viewer is not obsessing over one couple being on and will out of anger turn off. I don't like Ejami, but they are not the reason I tune out. The thing is there's nothing else that interests me.

trojangal
Member Avatar

The last few weeks the Days promo shown during the Today show has been Dannibore.
Just saw the one with Chloe facing Dan's wrath on Friday morning so
Yes Fetch lately has been on NBC's daily promo during Today that is a lead into Days

We even had a thread in the Days area about how many weeks Fetch has been featured in the NBC promo lately !

trojangal
Member Avatar

While one couple doesn't make or break a show If a couple has been on the last 2 weeks as the A storyline & have been in most of the networks own promos I would say they are a big part of the problem

trojangal
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Apr 13 2013, 07:24 AM
bomber
Thing is people who post on boards only make up a small percentage of soap viewers. The average viewer is not posting, checking previews, or going spoiler hunting. They are watching the whole show, and while Dannifer may take up more airtime than they are worth (2 seconds, IMO) they are not the only thing on nor are they the only couple being propped. I wasn't watching regularly for them - I was watching for Nicole, the Wabi baby storyline, and Bristen. No interesting action on any front, and the Wabi baby storyline has become all about Sami who I can't stand. So, why watch regularly? My point is, the average viewer is not obsessing over one couple being on and will out of anger turn off. I don't like Ejami, but they are not the reason I tune out. The thing is there's nothing else that interests me.
There was an article in the Chicago Tribune Arts section a few weeks ago about the use of social media & tv shows & their ratings.
What I took from the article was that while Internet / Social Media Buzz is great
Ratings are what count & pay the bills . Social media however lets TPTB know what
demos they are hitting & why .
Edited by trojangal, Apr 13 2013, 12:47 PM.

Romancer66

trojangal
Apr 13 2013, 12:42 PM
While one couple doesn't make or break a show If a couple has been on the last 2 weeks as the A storyline & have been in most of the networks own promos I would say they are a big part of the problem
Uh-huh. "Entirely to blame" may be overstating the case, perhaps, but I think, given the amount of airtime and attention devoted to Fetch, it's fair to say they're a significant contributing factor to the recent low ratings. Oh, they're not the only thing wrong with the show--lots of mistakes are being made right now--but I feel they're among the most glaringly obvious weak spots. And despite TomSell's relentless pushing and propping, I doubt the audience is going to experience a last-minute conversion and fall in love with this couple overnight.

Cathalina

trojangal
Apr 13 2013, 12:46 PM
Cathalina
Apr 13 2013, 07:24 AM
bomber
There was an article in the Chicago Tribune Arts section a few weeks ago about the use of social media & tv shows & their ratings.
What I took from the article was that while Internet / Social Media Buzz is great
Ratings are what count & pay the bills . Social media however lets TPTB know what
demos they are hitting & why .
Interesting article, and I agree with you as I also took away from it that tptb take away from Social Media what demos they are hitting and why. This, to me, is more dangerous than anything else. The problem is fan bases can scam and scheme to mislead tptb through manipulating social media. I would think they would be too saavy for that.

natdot99
Member Avatar

DOOL is being killed by Jennifer/Daniel/Chloe triangle from hell, period.
Sami is just using EJ until her problem with Nick is gone, she will dropped him in NY minute.
GH still has good stories but they have issues with continuity causing some s/l to be all over the place.
Y&R and B&B still using wash, rinse, repeat storylines. On the Y&R, how many times have Victor/Jack been on the same side yet, they been enemies with benefits for over 30 years.

Cathalina

Let me ask though, if the ratings go up for next week will Fetch get the credit or will we get the inevitable of other couples' fans trying to give them the credit?

samwel

Cathalina
Apr 14 2013, 06:25 AM
Let me ask though, if the ratings go up for next week will Fetch get the credit or will we get the inevitable of other couples' fans trying to give them the credit?
what is the focus of the sl next week? I mean at least we should see how it all unfolds before we throw out bait at other fanbases don't you think?

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Well the week already aired so we know what the focus was. The ratings will probably go up a tick, but not enough for anyone to deserve credit. If they shoot up 200,000+ then you can give the overall show some credit and you can't really knock Dannifer. Even though most of the week they have actually be apart from each other. Its not a lose/lose situation all of the time, but when they're on 5 days a week they deserve more blame than anyone else, IMO. They are the reason that I, personally, have stopped watching and won't be watching until something huge happens.

Cathalina

samwel
Apr 14 2013, 06:37 AM
Cathalina
what is the focus of the sl next week? I mean at least we should see how it all unfolds before we throw out bait at other fanbases don't you think?
Who was I baiting? All fan bases do it at one point or another. My point is if certain storylines are going to get credit when the ratings go up, shouldn't they also be blamed when they go down? Or in the case of Dannifer vice versa? Ultimately, I can't stand Dannifer, but they can't solely sink a ship. Many other things are going wrong on this show, and to throw the blame solely on them is to ignore the bigger problem.
Edited by Cathalina, Apr 14 2013, 08:40 AM.

samwel

Cathalina
Apr 14 2013, 08:37 AM
samwel
Apr 14 2013, 06:37 AM
Cathalina
Who was I baiting? All fan bases do it at one point or another. My point is if certain storylines are going to get credit when the ratings go up, shouldn't they also be blamed when they go down? Or in the case of Dannifer vice versa? Ultimately, I can't stand Dannifer, but they can't solely sink a ship. Many other things are going wrong on this show, and to throw the blame solely on them is to ignore the bigger problem.
yeah sure :glare:

there was little room left for any sls in the show the last two weeks and it is why Dannifer is being focused on ATM, compare than to earlier where everyone was getting a share of the pie.
Edited by samwel, Apr 14 2013, 11:18 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply