Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Y&R: Prayers for Jeanne Cooper (Updated 5/4)
Topic Started: Apr 12 2013, 09:50 PM (12,466 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Noooooo... :(
Offline Profile Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Oh Lawd, NO. :( :( :( Praying for Jeanne and the family. :pray:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

sending prayer!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar

:(
Offline Profile Goto Top

Checkers
Member Avatar

Oh, no. Sending prayers.
Offline Profile Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Latest tweet from her son Corbin Bernsen

Corbin Bernsenş@corbinbernsen53m
Back in hospital with mom. Need some heavy lifting prayers 4 what we R facing. Tough choices

:(
Offline Profile Goto Top

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

JESUS!
From this point all we can do is keep her lifted in prayer, It's extremely hard watching your elders suffer and the thought of Jeanne suffering is just :( if it's in gods realm then what will be Will Be, but lord I hope she pulls through this.
Offline Profile Goto Top

queenmoe06
Member Avatar

:what: :tears: :tears: I thought she was better... :pray: :pray:

for MY Girl to Get back on her toes! :hug: & :smooch: to the Fam...
Offline Profile Goto Top

soapfan01

JC is a fighter, hoping she pulls through this
Offline Profile Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar

I hope he's just being dramatic, but it sounds like he's talking about a DNR.

Its been a Kay youtube kind of evening.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ivy

Drew
May 1 2013, 10:36 PM
I hope he's just being dramatic, but it sounds like he's talking about a DNR.

Its been a Kay youtube kind of evening.
I really hope its nothing like that. If so though its heart
breaking.

Thoughts and prayers to her as well as her loved ones and fans.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Oh HEEEELLLLL NO!

I agree, his post does sound like a DNR, it's gonna be really sad if she doesn't make it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

Very sad. Just been through this with my father. I hope they have a better outcome. Sending prayers. :(
Offline Profile Goto Top

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

bomber, I've just been through it with my Mom, back in December. We signed the DNR and brought in hospice care the same evening and she passed the next morning. I hope you're coping well in knowing you made the right decision. Thinking about you.

And God bless Jeanne.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Hugz Jeanne.
I'm sure she had a healthcare directive made up and signed many years ago.DNR/DNI. She knew she wasn't immortal. She's struggling and suffering.
Rest easy Jeannie.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daytime
Member Avatar

Updated 5/2

From Corbin Bernsen's Facebook:

Woke up to beautiful sunshine this morning. Rays of hope. I'm leaving mom's journey truly in God's hands now. I slept well last night and at least for the moment, am at peace. And that's all I really want for her, either way. In my heart, and I think I'm being unselfish - I think - I do believe there is more for her here, on this earth, in this part of her longer journey. I don't know what it is or why, perhaps just a continued fight for some time to show us all the power we have to make a difference... or maybe simply to encourage me to write about that, share that... our individual power to bring change. For me, the world is suffering right now, and it is only through us, each of us; parents, sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, and expanded communities of a variety of beliefs, faiths, and political agendas, that when we call on our deepest individual strengths as human beings - like my mom is doing now, hanging on, fighting - that we can come together for the common cause, and perhaps bring remedy to our suffering. Personally, while my faith is clear and has been made clear here, I welcome all into this challenge and conversation. Without judgement. With love. Maybe that is the point of all of this. That is indeed my mother and the lessons she taught me and is now, at the greatest cost, showing me one more time.

Which leads to another concern. I also am feeling a bit selfish this morning. So many of your comments have been about going through things like this personally, today, as we speak. Either yourselves or with a parent or loved one. And here I am, going on about me, me, me. Blah, blah, blah, as someone put it last week. I'm sorry for that, and I want you to know, as I've often remarked here, that when I pray for mom, I always include all of you in my thoughts. I don't speak about it here much, reserving the already lengthy space to my personal situation, but it is in my heart. My mother taught me many years ago that we are all connected, my problem is your problem, your problem is my problem. We are inescapably connected through our humanity. So please know, you are not neglected and I feel for you as though you and your situations are indeed mine. Peace to us all, love to us all, God Bless us all. Going to walk the dog now and breath some fresh air.

http://www.facebook.com/corbinbernsen/posts/10151543047880914
Edited by Daytime, May 2 2013, 10:03 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

I just wish they would tell us what the problem is, not that it would make any difference in her recovery, but, I think most of her fans would like to know what struck this great lady down.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

I just have to say I'm so impressed with Corbin. What a lovely, thoughtful and eloquent man. Jeanne's lucky to have him for a son, and his personality speaks volumes about her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MMk9987

Oh gosh I am keeping all of them in my thoughts and prays she is a fighter i know she will come out very strong and on top. Just keep fighting Jeanne your fans love you dearly.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daytime
Member Avatar

Seems like I am the bearer for bad news lately... I am trying to leave my emotions out of it as I keep you guys updated. I keep wishing that she recovers but by this latest FaceBook post, it does not seem likely. But its not over until God says it over. Anyway, here's Corbin's latest update.

Updated 5/3

Corbin Bernsen:

Tested today. My faith, my strength, my very beliefs. End of life sucks. It's a terrible thing. I don't know many cases of "grandma went off peacefully in her sleep." Instead it seems more often it's a battle, a fight to go beyond our expiration date. And maybe there's the problem, one we create. Pushing the limits. I asked God many times today, why. Why would you give us this incredible life and end it so miserably? Okay, yes, there is more beyond this life, and I do believe that, but why end "this" one so in opposition to the beauty you have created? I"m praying for enlightenment on this. I think I understand it, but it's not clear.

Please know that I'm not saying my mother's life has ended, it hasn't, but no matter how you slice it, she is in the final stages, whether it lasts an hour, day, month or years. I had to say "goodbye" to her tonight "just in case" as I'm traveling tomorrow to Vancouver for Psych. I have prayed for her recovery - some sort of recovery - and earlier this week got a hint of it. But then I saw her tonight, connected once again to so many tubes and machines "healing her." And there is a difference - yes they are keeping her alive just as antibiotics would do for an infection - but they are more or less there to help in her short term recovery. Is she in a natural decent toward the end? Not sure. Is there a future? Not sure? And if so, what kind of future? Even less sure.

So I said my goodbyes tonight, had a good release of emotion and then left the room, more uncertain thanI have ever been about so many things. I wish I could be more positive for you tonight, but I reserve the right in this space to be plain, simple and honest. I know it's only in that realm that I will find the answers I'm looking for right now. I love you mom. I'm giving it up to you and God to find peace in this world or the next.

https://www.facebook.com/corbinbernsen/posts/10151544122125914
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic