Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Y&R: Prayers for Jeanne Cooper (Updated 5/4)
Topic Started: Apr 12 2013, 09:50 PM (12,935 Views)
anya
Member Avatar

Praying for Jeanne.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Lawd Have Mercy!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( the latest update doesn't sound good at all, but I'm not gonna lose hope bc God specializes in miracles.

Posted Image
Edited by bellajewel, May 3 2013, 02:37 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daytime
Member Avatar

Update May 3

Corbin Bernson

Heading to Vancouver for a new season of Psych. As you can imagine my stomach is somewhat in knots. But know that your kind words and abundance of love for both myself and my mother have helped me through the night and into today - and to some degree - in letting go. "Let go, let God" my mother often says. That is my battle right now. Maybe soaring in the clouds this morning will help, I often closer to my faith up there, above the bounds of earth. The funny thing about what's going on with my mom is that, while she is gravely ill, and at an advanced age, and will certainly be less of what "she was," nobody has come out and said flat out that she is eminently terminal. Some of these things can be overcome and that's why I've been reporting on these miraculous turns. That is the metaphoric "Purgatory" I spoke about yesterday, that place of between here and there, waiting for the hand to swing one way or the other pointing us in a certain direction. All the while, the efforts to even overcome the current obstacles are so... intrusive, horrifying, that I'm not sure about the battle. Again, metaphorically - the boxer still has fight and a potential to win (for the short term only - his title will certainly be taken away sooner or later), but he's still there sitting in a corner, bloody, unrecognizable, and his will to come out swinging isn't diminished. That is what it's like. So letting go, is more difficult. Unless, and I just came to this through this writing... hmmmm. is that "letting go" is letting go of all of it! Wow. I'll take to the air and somewhere above the clouds think on that. Again, I can't tell you how much I love you guys for being here for us and your generosity.

https://www.facebook.com/corbinbernsen?ref=stream
Offline Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Thanks for keeping us updated Daytime. This sounds really bad.
Offline Profile Goto Top

metitle
Member Avatar

Oh my goodness, the last updates doesnt sound good at all.
Poor Ms. Cooper, I hope she still has some fight left in her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

kelly777
Member Avatar

I've worked with end of life situations for the better part of my life. I honestly thought Jeanne had some unfinished business and so she recovered to take care of that business. Once that was done she headed for her final journey. I just went through this with my mom in January. Saying prayers for JC and her family. God speed which ever direction this goes!
Offline Profile Goto Top

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I too feel that Jeanne's life is nearly done. They rally, to say what needs saying, and do what needs doing. I just pray that she isn't feeling any pain, isn't struggling or fighting the end. I've seen them fight to the end.
Hugz and prayers Jeanne and family.
After watching it today, it was like the last time we'd see her alive. Jill wanting to help her, Katherine wanting to keep her independence .
Going to be a sad farewell.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvtheSoaps
Member Avatar

Has there been any news
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bremol
Member Avatar

My prayers for Jeanne and her family. I know how difficult this is, having lost my mother and an aunt to cancer, and I can identify with Corbin's back and forth on the decisions to do or don't do in the 'fighter' scenerio.

I agree about wishing they'd say what was wrong. I keep wondering if this is complications from that nasty flu that she had.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Update May 4th :'(

Corbin Bernsen
12:58am ct
Clearly from my messages you all must realize the situation, and that what I had hoped and prayed for - more time - may just end up being the brief moments I had with mom earlier this week. I asked God for time, I got it and tried to fill it with as much love and laughter as I possibly could. Sitting in a movie tonight, mildly distracted from it all, I got a call from my brother and he said we have to stop being unfair. She's struggling too much. We have to let her go. I took it in, calmly, and walked back into the theater, finished the movie - Darn good Iron Man 3. I then went back to my hotel room, where I am now and broke down, conceding any fight I had left. I don't want her in pain. I don't want her in fear. I don't want her in agony. And Jeanne Cooper, Katherine Chancellor, Wilma Jeanne is a fighter! She will kick ass as long as we let her but I know now it is only for us, not for her. I had to think back sitting in her bedroom several days ago... she pointed to several objects, paintings, telling us their "value." Not much really but SHE WANTED US TO KNOW. I think she knew she was ready then, to let go. But she needed to test us to see our reaction - My reaction! Of course I immediately said, "not ready to go there mom," demonstrating exactly what she suspected; that I wasn't ready quite yet. So she hung on. Went another round. The boxer pleasing the team in their corner.

I said goodbye to her yesterday, and even then not fully meaning it or expecting that would be the last time I saw her. But now it will have to do as we enter this weekend letting her final voyage begin. And I'm good with it, honestly. Enough to be saying it here. You all have been a tremendous ear for me, to verbalize my struggles with all of this... even now with these very words... I am good. I am good. I don't want her in pain. I don't want her in fear or agony. Along with her tremendous success she's had too much of all that in her lifetime. And she's shared much of it with all of you, candidly. So I'm giving her this weekend, take the holiday, mom, make it yours, let it take you where it will. My final words to her last night were, "I'll see you again." And I will, either here or there. Prayers please for her safe and peaceful journey. I may take a break here for a bit and stay silent in prayer and mediation for the next few days... Then again, I am my mother's son and staying quiet isn't always an option. May the light of God grace shine upon us all this weekend. Make it about love, compassion, and honesty, and in doing so you will honor my mom and the examples she has always tried to set, to this very moment.
Offline Profile Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

:(
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

Lots of prayers. So sad. :(
Offline Profile Goto Top

ratfink
Member Avatar

Yesss...prayers and sadness...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Checkers
Member Avatar

:'(
Offline Profile Goto Top

queenmoe06
Member Avatar

:facepalm: :facepalm: NOT MY DUTCHESS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

soapfan01

:'(
Offline Profile Goto Top

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Okay, that hurt.
Let her go Colin, it's what she wants and needs. Why is she struggling and fighting? Pain? Give her the morphine that she desperately needs to make it to the other side comfortably.
Maybe 10 years ago Jeanne told you that she didn't 'want that shit' and that she was going to fight to the end, well, now she has no say and probably wishes she could take the remark back.
Hugz to the whole family
Offline Profile Goto Top

BradyB

Just sitting here in tears as I read his post. Sending my prayers and thoughts!! Such a remarkable lady.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

BradyB
May 4 2013, 08:16 AM
Just sitting here in tears as I read his post. Sending my prayers and thoughts!! Such a remarkable lady.
me too, this is terrible, although, not unexpected, doesn't make it any easier.
Many hugs & good wishes for The Dutchess.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic