Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
RUMOR: Maura West Headed to GH?
Topic Started: Apr 13 2013, 07:46 AM (1,471 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

RUMOR REPORT: Is Soap Superstar Maura West Headed For General Hospital?

By: Jamey Giddens

One of the most talented stars ever to grace daytime television is on her way to Port Charles, New York, according to several sources. We're hearing As The World Turns and The Young and the Restless alum Maura West is joining the cast of ABC Daytime's General Hospital in a top secret role. Keep checking back with Daytime Confidential as this casting bombshell develops!

http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2013/04/13/rumor-report-is-soap-superstar-maura-west-headed-for-general-hospital?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

thewhiteowl
Member Avatar

I totally love this. I hope it's true and that she's a new Q. MW vs Tracy Q. would be awesome. Hmmmm.....Maybe AJ is married??? LOL

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

I love her and hope she gets better treatment at GH than that mess at Y & R.

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

thanks for posting

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Apr 13 2013, 01:12 PM
Basically a given unless they have AJ throw her out of an ambulance then back over her.

I'm happy about this news, she's such a good actress. I hope its true. I think she will be Lauren Frank's mother. I'm still hoping that Kristen Alderson isn't Lauren, but that would be pretty good casting if they did end up being mother and daughter. I think Roger Howarth and Maura West would be great playing off each other too if they go that route. I'm hoping they don't bring RH's character in and throw him with Carly instantly, but I think RC is too smart for that. Seems like GH is going to continue to be VERY interesting and I can't wait to see which direction they take things.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Interesting. I know absolutely nothing about her but wonder if she could be Sarah Webber, Elizabeth's older sister? Sarah and Nikolas did have a fling back in the day. I read somewhere that Ron wants to fill up the Q mansion again so maybe a long-lost Quartermaine?

happy
Member Avatar

I'm in the minority - but I think the cast is too bloated. I want more airtime for vets rather than newbies. We already have air hogs like Sabrina, Britt, Connie/Kate. I don't mind Ellie - because even though she's new, she's in a supporting role - slowly allowing us to know her rather than have her pushed down our throats.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

I don't care if the cast is bloated if you have a chance to land an actress like Maura West you take it. I myself would love to see her on GH. She was totally wasted and miscast in her role on Y&R.

Agent.99
Member Avatar

I don't think KA will be Lauren Frank because she'd be related to Michael - and I son't see them getting over the Chad/Kristen pairing, if not right away then eventually.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

The cast is big, but don't really think its too bloated. I do agree if you can get Maura West, then you get Maura West. Also all of the people you named are hardly ever on GH anymore. Kate/Connie was specifically shipped away so Brenda (a vet) could get a storyline for the anniversary. I don't want Kate/Connie back, but she'll be back soon. Hopefully with reduced airtime. It seems like they realized something wasn't working with her considering she was shipped away.

Britt doesn't really get much airtime either. Not sure I would consider her an air hog at all. But I've become a huge fan of her mother, Dr. Obrecht. Britt and Sabrina work at the hospital, along with Ellie so if most of their scenes are there I'm not upset. The show has been lacking hospital drama for years and if they had to bring in new doctors and nurses to do it, then so be it.

I'll accept that Sabrina was an airhog, but even she has been reduced A LOT. The propping seems to have slowed down massively since her makeover, even though she was only on like twice after that happened. Now that she's kinda on a level playing field with everyone else instead of being treated like a teenager I'm hoping for improvement there.

The vets ARE the focus of this show right now and everyone else is in a supporting B or C storyline.

Anon

I'm reading rumors that Maura West will play the wife of Micheal Easton's new character whatever that is, and the noobie Bryan Craig will play his son. Again all speculation, but if true at least they won't be throwing him at Sam right away.

natdot99
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Apr 13 2013, 01:12 PM

Crazygirl
Apr 13 2013, 10:02 PM
I don't care if the cast is bloated if you have a chance to land an actress like Maura West you take it. I myself would love to see her on GH. She was totally wasted and miscast in her role on Y&R.

:hail: :hail:
The Diane Jenkins murder mystery was horribly written, IMO.
MAB writing destroyed her on the Y&R.

LPS
Member Avatar

I hope her stint at GH is better than Y&R. That was a f*cking tragedy. AWFUL doesn't even describe it. Watching her seduce EB was cringe worthy. However, her stint on ATWT was wonderful. I'm keeping my fingers crossed she doesn't get miscast again.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply