Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
NBC weekly preview: week of April 15th
Topic Started: Apr 13 2013, 08:38 AM (3,981 Views)
Sparrow

Aliaron
Apr 14 2013, 10:07 AM
Sparrow
Apr 13 2013, 10:31 PM
I intend to ship Ejami from here to Tahiti in thanks that this is not another fucking Fetch promo. (It's a dark day in my world when I am delighted to see Samantha Gene.)
As if Dannifer is the only problem this show has? If it weren't for Dannifer this show would be good? Uh, no

Dannifer is not even this show's biggest problem. And Sami/Ej does nothing to help this show. When ignoring history, whitewashing characters, then shoehorning them into storylines where they dont belong is the foundation of a couple, like EJ snd Sami, then the show has a bigger problem. And God help it and the writers who dont see the problems.
Yes, in fact, if it weren't for Fetch being on constantly, I would be enjoying the show. There have always been and always will be storylines that suck, characters that annoy, actors that grate on your nerves. There's always going to be a character that ends up with this one rather than one you prefer or rather than falling down a well as another may prefer. Show is so seemingly invested in Fetch that they are getting back to back to back promos, and literally 3/5 of the show consists of their scenes, separately or apart, or other characters talking about them and how wonderful they are and what a shame blah blah blah fucking blah. So yes, I would really rather watch Sami stomp around and flair her nostrils and do that oh-so sexy reverse ducklip ugly cry than so much as hear the name "Daniel" or "Jennifer".
Offline Profile Goto Top

samwel

Aliaron
Sparrow
I intend to ship Ejami from here to Tahiti in thanks that this is not another fucking Fetch promo. (It's a dark day in my world when I am delighted to see Samantha Gene.)
As if Dannifer is the only problem this show has? If it weren't for Dannifer this show would be good? Uh, no

Dannifer is not even this show's biggest problem. And Sami/Ej does nothing to help this show. When ignoring history, whitewashing characters, then shoehorning them into storylines where they dont belong is the foundation of a couple, like EJ snd Sami, then the show has a bigger problem. And God help it and the writers who dont see the problems.
I am sure they will find at least a few who give a fuck, on both sides of the spectrum since both cannot shut up about it :lol:
Offline Profile Goto Top

spartan
Member Avatar

The Scorpion
Apr 14 2013, 01:46 AM
Deverauxfan
Apr 14 2013, 12:40 AM
Wasn't the Safe date at Common Grounds?

Quote:

Ali deserves all the hard feelings she is getting now from lots of former Days fans!

Why?
Yes, I also wonder why? personally I think it sounds crazy but hey that's just my opinion.
The only difference I see now is AS is promoting the EJami storyline. So it is something new if you are not sitting on the EJami sideline, but EJami's are well aware of how it goes. I get that it sucks when it's not your turn because I had to wait seven years for our turn and for AS to promote EJami while the story is EJami. She's done the same for Safe and Lumi. There's no difference except that a 'new kid' is getting a turn. :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

spartan
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Apr 14 2013, 10:08 AM
Everything Sami says is the opposit of what was shown on screen, and she's declared her true feelings and love forever to both Lucas and Rafe. How can there be anything believeable or romantic about this proposal when you know she'll turn on EJ in a flash and declare someone else her true soulmate?
I don't think Sami is the first soap female to declare her forever love to more than one guy. It's a soap. It's what they do. Not everyone may buy her love for EJ this time around because they enjoyed her declaration of undying love for one of the others before, so they won't buy what's written. It is written though and she does have explanations for why EJ is the right guy for her now and those others never were. I buy it because it's what I always thought all along. I'm sure others will do the same. I know it's not going to last forever because it is a soap. For now I'm in hook, line and sinker and will enjoy the hell out of this ride while I'm on it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

AS has been going out of her way to trash the Lumi and Safe fanbase. And insult her co-workers, by saying that she had to worry about going to far in a scene with them. That is just plain rude. Her acting isn't exactly oscar-worthy. that's the difference. There is no need for that.

She could just not mention them and promote ejami, instead of insulting them by saying she doesn't even want to hear the word safe or saying that Sami had to trick Rafe and Lucas into marrying her, when it isn't true. That isn't what played on screen, in interviews, or even in subtex.
Edited by TreasureCove, Apr 14 2013, 11:59 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daiseyflower1
Member Avatar

spartan
Apr 14 2013, 11:45 AM
The Scorpion
Deverauxfan

Quote:

Ali deserves all the hard feelings she is getting now from lots of former Days fans!

Why?
Yes, I also wonder why? personally I think it sounds crazy but hey that's just my opinion.
The only difference I see now is AS is promoting the EJami storyline. So it is something new if you are not sitting on the EJami sideline, but EJami's are well aware of how it goes. I get that it sucks when it's not your turn because I had to wait seven years for our turn and for AS to promote EJami while the story is EJami. She's done the same for Safe and Lumi. There's no difference except that a 'new kid' is getting a turn. :shrug:
So your saying that As followed her other fanbase on twitter during her promotion of them.Had special chats,special articles going against what was on screen.Posted dozens of gift pictures from that fanbase while their story was on.Tweeted live during that couples proposal. (Which is supposedly what's gonna happen ) Okay got it. But back to topic.Ej ya sure gone cheap,Brady pub.Come on. I wonder if that's the same table Johnny hid under?
Offline Profile Goto Top

spartan
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Apr 14 2013, 11:54 AM
AS has been going out of her way to trash the Lumi and Safe fanbase. And insult her co-workers, by saying that she had to worry about going to far in a scene with them. That is just plain rude. Her acting isn't exactly oscar-worthy. that's the difference. There is no need for that.

She could just not mention them and promote ejami, instead of insulting them by saying she doesn't even want to hear the word safe or saying that Sami had to trick Rafe and Lucas into marrying her, when it isn't true. That isn't what played on screen, in interviews, or even in subtex.
There's just no way I agree that AS is going out of her way to trash the Lumi and Safe fanbase. I do think she is going out of her way to promote EJami.

Maybe I'm forgetting the wording of her interview, because I remember AS saying that she didn't have to worry about going too far in a scene with JS. I don't recall her saying she had to worry about that with her other co-workers and I never even thought it implied that.

As far as saying the word "safe", again, she's promoting EJami and I took it as a joke. As much as I'd love to fanwank it to be the truth, I would never in a million years think AS REALLY doesn't want to hear the word safe ever again.
Edited by spartan, Apr 14 2013, 01:11 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

As someone on the outside all along, it's not different. And neither is the fan reaction to it. It's just a different group that's pissy at her. And she sucks at promotion. It's possible to promote one couple without pissing on the others but she isn't capable of doing it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

spartan
Member Avatar

Daiseyflower1
Apr 14 2013, 11:58 AM
spartan
The Scorpion
Deverauxfan

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
So your saying that As followed her other fanbase on twitter during her promotion of them.Had special chats,special articles going against what was on screen.Posted dozens of gift pictures from that fanbase while their story was on.Tweeted live during that couples proposal. (Which is supposedly what's gonna happen ) Okay got it. But back to topic.Ej ya sure gone cheap,Brady pub.Come on. I wonder if that's the same table Johnny hid under?
I have no idea who AS follows or doesn't follow on twitter. Honestly, I stopped following AS on twitter a couple years ago. You know why? Because her Safe promoting had become something I didn't care to see. Yes, she was tweeting dozens of pics of she and GG for Safe stuff. I didn't tweet hateful things to her. No proclamations to anyone because for as much as I didn't *like* it....I got it. I understood that was the nature of the beast and it was my choice to just unfollow and problem solved. No big.

She never tweeted live for a show for anyone else because this is something that is new for Days. It wasn't being done when Safe and Lumi were together. If this official tweeting 'live' think sticks, I'm sure others will get their turn.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Meh. These two bore me.

Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

spartan
The Scorpion
Deverauxfan

Quote:

Why?
Here it is in a nutshell and I'll plainly say it.

During the most heated fan wars IMHO (Ejami/lumi) circa 2007, Ali Sweeney decided that it would be best if she retreated from posting on fan shipper sites that she had posted in before FOR YEARS, through Brandon/Sami and Austin/Sami she never stopped. She decided that she would post at her own site. I got it then, I didn't understand it much though, why not post at both 2C and FL? It was so stupid for her to retreat and perch herself on that fence, that she remained perched on for the next 7 years...in one way or another....through Ejami/Lumi and Ejami/Safe storylines she never came off that fence.....THEN all of a sudden she jumps off NOW? Why? If it's something SHE wanted to do, then why didn't she do it before? You know many have said that she is just now following the show's lead and she is promoting the story the show is giving her but that is absolutely false because she isn't only promoting the show but she's siding herself squarely with one fan base, one fan base that if James Scott would leave tomorrow would NOT SUPPORT HER with ANY OTHER PAIRING, not her and Lucas and especially not her and Rafe, so how smart is she now? She's damn stupid IMHO and it's all so clear now...she never did it for the Lumis back in 2007, or for the Safes after, she did it so she wouldn't hurt her Ejami fans....and that's just wrong.... and if that wasn't enough, she's been quoted of late with some of the most bizarre quotes I've ever read from her. Things like, "I don't consider Sami a victim", "I'm different with him than anyone else" meaning acting along side James....those two quotes pretty much say that she sees Sami as a kind of person that just wanted to go back and continue to fuck her rapist, because you know.....Sami was never a victim, she doesn't consider her as such and that she prefers working with James than any one else....So sami hasn't been a victim in Ali's mind....not even when Ej did all the horrible things he did, she was fine...because she kept coming back for more.....Ali could have simply said that Sami didn't consider herself a victim but that's not what she said and IMHO I find her acting with James as OTT, she's certainly different with him...she SUCKS and for all these reasons and mainly the words coming out of her mouth and her actions is why I will never ever be an Alison Sweeney fan again and it's going to take me a whole lot in terms of writing some outlandish out for her for me ever to consider myself a fan of Sami Brady ever again.....she lost me as a fan and she's lost more than just me, but she doesn't care.....because she has all her other fans now...that's fine....and we all know why no other man she's ever been with is given a believable other love story too.....because she KNOWS that the majority of all her shipper fans would ship the male with someone else in a heartbeat if the chemistry was there and if the story was there.....IMHO I think she did fear Ejole and their growing fan base and writing for their couple.....I just want Lucas to get something that good...and I wish Rafe would too.....

Oh and I haven't even mentioned how she's blocked SOME Lumis on twitter......not the well known Lumis but ones that expressed outrange when she said that SHE doesn't consider Sami a victim.....I saw the tweets and they weren't all that bad....and to my knowledge she never blocked a Safe, Ejami or a Lumi before and I've seen some very bad tweets to her from all three bases...so why target one fanbase now? It's just bizarre.....
Edited by LuvingLumi, Apr 14 2013, 12:28 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

spartan
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Apr 14 2013, 12:25 PM
spartan
The Scorpion
Deverauxfan

Here it is in a nutshell and I'll plainly say it.

During the most heated fan wars IMHO (Ejami/lumi) circa 2007, Ali Sweeney decided that it would be best if she retreated from posting on fan shipper sites that she had posted in before FOR YEARS, through Brandon/Sami and Austin/Sami she never stopped. She decided that she would post at her own site. I got it then, I didn't understand it much though, why not post at both 2C and FL? It was so stupid for her to retreat and perch herself on that fence, that she remained perched on for the next 7 years...in one way or another....through Ejami/Lumi and Ejami/Safe storylines she never came off that fence.....THEN all of a sudden she jumps off NOW? Why? If it's something SHE wanted to do, then why didn't she do it before? You know many have said that she is just now following the show's lead and she is promoting the story the show is giving her but that is absolutely false because she isn't only promoting the show but she's siding herself squarely with one fan base, one fan base that if James Scott would leave tomorrow would NOT SUPPORT HER with ANY OTHER PAIRING, not her and Lucas and especially not her and Rafe, so how smart is she now? She's damn stupid IMHO and it's all so clear now...she never did it for the Lumis back in 2007, or for the Safes after, she did it so she wouldn't hurt her Ejami fans....and that's just wrong.... and if that wasn't enough, she's been quoted of late with some of the most bizarre quotes I've ever read from her. Things like, "I don't consider Sami a victim", "I'm different with him than anyone else" meaning acting along side James....those two quotes pretty much say that she sees Sami as a kind of person that just wanted to go back and continue to fuck her rapist, because you know.....Sami was never a victim, she doesn't consider her as such and that she prefers working with James than any one else....So sami hasn't been a victim in Ali's mind....not even when Ej did all the horrible things he did, she was fine...because she kept coming back for more.....Ali could have simply said that Sami didn't consider herself a victim but that's not what she said and IMHO I find her acting with James as OTT, she's certainly different with him...she SUCKS and for all these reasons and mainly the words coming out of her mouth and her actions is why I will never ever be an Alison Sweeney fan again and it's going to take me a whole lot in terms of writing some outlandish out for her for me ever to consider myself a fan of Sami Brady ever again.....she lost me as a fan and she's lost more than just me, but she doesn't care.....because she has all her other fans now...that's fine....and we all know why no other man she's ever been with is given a believable other love story too.....because she KNOWS that the majority of all her shipper fans would ship the male with someone else in a heartbeat if the chemistry was there and if the story was there.....IMHO I think she did fear Ejole and their growing fan base and writing for their couple.....I just want Lucas to get something that good...and I wish Rafe would too.....

Oh and I haven't even mentioned how she's blocked SOME Lumis on twitter......not the well known Lumis but ones that expressed outrange when she said that SHE doesn't consider Sami a victim.....I saw the tweets and they weren't all that bad....and to my knowledge she never blocked a Safe, Ejami or a Lumi before and I've seen some very bad tweets to her from all three bases...so why target one fanbase now? It's just bizarre.....
See. I guess it's just a matter of perspective and depends on what sideline you are sitting on. It's true she stopped posting on 2C when FL came around, but other than that, I never saw AS doing anything to promote EJami. She never really said anything against them but she sure as heck never said anything for them either. I waited years for her to say one clear, positive comment that was for EJami. It never came until this last go-round. Meanwhile, she continued to say pro-Lumi stuff and then of course, lots of pro-Safe stuff.

I don't know. Maybe it's easier for me to see why she's doing all this pro-EJami stuff because I've been on the 'ignored' list already for a long time? From my perspective I truly don't think she's done anything differently. Aside from the online chat, but does Safe have a website? If so, has GG ever done a chat there, let alone AS? Have they asked? I don't know but I do know that we just had James chatting with us at FL for years before AS agreed to do a chat.

As far as twitter, I think it's about damn time she blocked some people. I've seen tweets from all 3 fanbases that need to be blocked. Maybe she's just reached her limit. I certainly wouldn't blame her. I've seen her call out a well-known Safe tweeter so I'd be surprised if she hasn't blocked some Safe's too. It would make sense she hasn't blocked EJami's (yet) because no EJami's are saying negative stuff to her at the moment. It's our turn and everyone's fairly pleased. I'm sure that will change in time and I would expect her to handle it the same way.

Again, I truly just think it's a matter of perspective.
Edited by spartan, Apr 14 2013, 01:07 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LovinXtina
Member Avatar

Does anyone here know where I can watch Days of Our Lives Primetime specials: One stormy night, Night Sins, and Winter Heat.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Sparrow
Apr 14 2013, 10:30 AM
Aliaron
Sparrow

Yes, in fact, if it weren't for Fetch being on constantly, I would be enjoying the show. There have always been and always will be storylines that suck, characters that annoy, actors that grate on your nerves. There's always going to be a character that ends up with this one rather than one you prefer or rather than falling down a well as another may prefer. Show is so seemingly invested in Fetch that they are getting back to back to back promos, and literally 3/5 of the show consists of their scenes, separately or apart, or other characters talking about them and how wonderful they are and what a shame blah blah blah fucking blah. So yes, I would really rather watch Sami stomp around and flair her nostrils and do that oh-so sexy reverse ducklip ugly cry than so much as hear the name "Daniel" or "Jennifer".
I don't blame Fetch. I find the entire show intolerable right now. If Fetch were my only issue, I'd still be watching. Actually, I almost watched this week because of Fetch. Well, Laura. But then I didn't. Because none of the other stories are currently entertaining me even the slightest bit.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ceejay

@DS1126...try youtube. Here's part 1 of One Stormy Night, http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=Days%20of%20Our%20Lives%20ONe%20Stormy%20Night
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bee
Member Avatar

My goodness. All of this from a Days promo. I guess the crappy editor and shitty VO guy did a good job this week.

I love Sween and I have loved all of Sami's leading men but Rafe. I don't think she's promoting the show any differently than before. I recall having to unfollow her on Twitter for a while because I got sick to death of seeing pictures of Sween and Galen Gering holding penguins, kissing penguins, feeding each other penguin shit shipped in from Antarctica and generally hamming it up for the Days viewers. She always does this and even if for argument's sake this was her dream storyline and she is creaming her jeans over it, who gives a shiz? It's not a bad thing for the actors to enjoy their storyline and if you don't enjoy it, there are other stories to enjoy. No big deal.

Plus, the show is promoting itself and allowing its actors to promote it differently. They are using social media a lot more - that includes Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, fanboards, etc...because social media is quickly becoming the most popular way to promote entertainment. Eileen Davidson just did a tweetfest this past week. It's nothing new or different.

Whether anyone likes it or not, Sami and Ej are a couple on Days and they are getting engaged this week. This has been a story 7 years in the making. Quite a few people are pretty fucking excited about it. They are going to promote the shit out of it including the 2 actors involved. That's just the way it goes.
Edited by Bee, Apr 14 2013, 02:10 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

Daiseyflower1
Apr 13 2013, 10:14 AM
Good now their gonna be engaged.Let their destruction begin.Sami i would cry too if my rapist and made me think my baby was dead purposed to me. And Brady pub.Ha some accused Rafe of being cheap for taking Sami out at the pub. Hilarious.

Those are ONLY 2 of the bad things he did. Sami needs to pull a Lorena Bobbit.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sparrow

lysie
Apr 14 2013, 02:00 PM
Sparrow
Aliaron
Sparrow

I don't blame Fetch. I find the entire show intolerable right now. If Fetch were my only issue, I'd still be watching. Actually, I almost watched this week because of Fetch. Well, Laura. But then I didn't. Because none of the other stories are currently entertaining me even the slightest bit.
I have low expectations. It was nice to see Laura, but it made me a little sad because I just hate Jennifer so much right now and she used to be one of my favorites when I was a kid.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Sparrow
Apr 14 2013, 02:20 PM
lysie
Apr 14 2013, 02:00 PM
Sparrow
Aliaron

I have low expectations. It was nice to see Laura, but it made me a little sad because I just hate Jennifer so much right now and she used to be one of my favorites when I was a kid.
I liked the 90s. It's not like my expectations are sky high.
Offline Profile Goto Top

samwel

LuvingLumi
Apr 14 2013, 12:25 PM
IMHO I think she did fear Ejole and their growing fan base and writing for their couple.....
given the EJAMI fanbase went no where and kept getting bigger through all the mess thrown at them, I fail to see what she had to fear from that perspective :lol:

as for the rest, she is damn right to block the rubbish being sent to her; sure you can say whatever the fuck you want and it is her prerogative to NOT have to take it.

The expectation seems to be that AS should insult the EJAMI pairing as it is happening to appease her other fans, and it is good to know that she is above that nonsense. She promotes the sl that is airing, you send her stuff more than likely you will get a pic whether your sl is front or center or not and I think she damn well knows for all the 'I am done with her' going on now, the moment the sl shifts the same ones will be right back, hell you see it already whether little scenes play out.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic