Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
NBC weekly preview: week of April 15th
Topic Started: Apr 13 2013, 08:38 AM (3,959 Views)
samwel

Daiseyflower1
Apr 14 2013, 11:58 AM
spartan
Apr 14 2013, 11:45 AM
The Scorpion
Apr 14 2013, 01:46 AM
Deverauxfan
Apr 14 2013, 12:40 AM
Wasn't the Safe date at Common Grounds?

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Yes, I also wonder why? personally I think it sounds crazy but hey that's just my opinion.
The only difference I see now is AS is promoting the EJami storyline. So it is something new if you are not sitting on the EJami sideline, but EJami's are well aware of how it goes. I get that it sucks when it's not your turn because I had to wait seven years for our turn and for AS to promote EJami while the story is EJami. She's done the same for Safe and Lumi. There's no difference except that a 'new kid' is getting a turn. :shrug:
So your saying that As followed her other fanbase on twitter during her promotion of them.Had special chats,special articles going against what was on screen.Posted dozens of gift pictures from that fanbase while their story was on.Tweeted live during that couples proposal. (Which is supposedly what's gonna happen ) Okay got it. But back to topic.Ej ya sure gone cheap,Brady pub.Come on. I wonder if that's the same table Johnny hid under?
what article is against what is onscreen, you may not like that EJ and Sami are in love and together but that is the sl being told. Ask the SAFEs if they like their pics, I believe they got an entire blog about it and given that the show was not doing live tweeting back then where is the comparison?

Personally I say THANK YOU AS, its been seven years in the making this EJAMI sl and I am thrilled it is being given justice all the way around. I cannot wait for the wedding. :cheer: :wub2:
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

I don't understand where this conversation gets lost every single time. What's even the point since none of you seems to read what anyone else says? We have this conversation EVERY FEW MONTHS with everyone trading sides. The problem that arises when an actor blocks someone from one fanbase is that everyone with eyes knows that they've received similar or worse comments from other fanbases and didn't block them. Chances are high that the blocked fanbase just did it at the wrong time. Every single one of AS's fanbases has been in this same boat and every single one of her fanbases has complained about the way she promotes one pairing at the expense of their favorite. I dream of a day when we can all just come together and agree that she sucks at this. She didn't suddenly get good at it just because it's a pairing you like, and she didn't suddenly start sucking at it because it's a pairing you don't like.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ljay
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Apr 13 2013, 11:26 AM
If this had happened 5 years ago, I would be all up into it. But, too much garbage (and I don't mean the R word) has happened to make me even care about Sami's travails. But to their credit, they managed to make the pub look decent and the scene looked touching.
I agree with ya...If this happened 5 yrs ago we ALL would have been excited to see happiness of somekind love between these two.

I just dont see a man fallin in love with woman that tried to blow his brains out..Is it me or am I missing something?!
If Corday wanted us to originally like this couple he shouldnt have let the writers write the "R"...Just sayin offense..
Offline Profile Goto Top

samwel

Ljay
Apr 14 2013, 03:37 PM
ladyofthelake
Apr 13 2013, 11:26 AM
If this had happened 5 years ago, I would be all up into it. But, too much garbage (and I don't mean the R word) has happened to make me even care about Sami's travails. But to their credit, they managed to make the pub look decent and the scene looked touching.
I agree with ya...If this happened 5 yrs ago we ALL would have been excited to see happiness of somekind love between these two.

I just dont see a man fallin in love with woman that tried to blow his brains out..Is it me or am I missing something?!
If Corday wanted us to originally like this couple he shouldnt have let the writers write the "R"...Just sayin offense..
He didn't but we like them anyway and given some of the ones he endorsed, I personally am glad my tastes do not go in line with what he dictates to us.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Stop.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Never mind. I don't want to feed the beast any more.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Apr 14 2013, 06:03 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MericP
Member Avatar

So, like...isn't it awesome that we don't have a Dannifer promo? :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Sparrow
Apr 14 2013, 10:30 AM
Aliaron
Apr 14 2013, 10:07 AM
Sparrow
Apr 13 2013, 10:31 PM
I intend to ship Ejami from here to Tahiti in thanks that this is not another fucking Fetch promo. (It's a dark day in my world when I am delighted to see Samantha Gene.)
As if Dannifer is the only problem this show has? If it weren't for Dannifer this show would be good? Uh, no

Dannifer is not even this show's biggest problem. And Sami/Ej does nothing to help this show. When ignoring history, whitewashing characters, then shoehorning them into storylines where they dont belong is the foundation of a couple, like EJ snd Sami, then the show has a bigger problem. And God help it and the writers who dont see the problems.
Yes, in fact, if it weren't for Fetch being on constantly, I would be enjoying the show. There have always been and always will be storylines that suck, characters that annoy, actors that grate on your nerves. There's always going to be a character that ends up with this one rather than one you prefer or rather than falling down a well as another may prefer. Show is so seemingly invested in Fetch that they are getting back to back to back promos, and literally 3/5 of the show consists of their scenes, separately or apart, or other characters talking about them and how wonderful they are and what a shame blah blah blah fucking blah. So yes, I would really rather watch Sami stomp around and flair her nostrils and do that oh-so sexy reverse ducklip ugly cry than so much as hear the name "Daniel" or "Jennifer".
I'm glad in my world I don't have to force myself to try and figure out which is the lesser evil. Since both are pretty suck-tastic to me. If this show only had Dannifer as its problem then I could watch. I've watched plenty of shows with only one couple I can't stand. I just ignore the parts I can't stand for the parts I love. But there is nothing on this show to love. All of the characters suck. All of the storylines suck. There is no real drama. There is no real root value. There is nothing except suck. So no, I'm not going to cheer because at least it isn't Dannifer in the promo. That's like cheering because your turd has a nut in it instead of a piece of corn.
Edited by Aliaron, Apr 14 2013, 10:51 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Apr 14 2013, 10:51 PM
Sparrow
Apr 14 2013, 10:30 AM
Aliaron
Apr 14 2013, 10:07 AM
Sparrow
Apr 13 2013, 10:31 PM
I intend to ship Ejami from here to Tahiti in thanks that this is not another fucking Fetch promo. (It's a dark day in my world when I am delighted to see Samantha Gene.)
As if Dannifer is the only problem this show has? If it weren't for Dannifer this show would be good? Uh, no

Dannifer is not even this show's biggest problem. And Sami/Ej does nothing to help this show. When ignoring history, whitewashing characters, then shoehorning them into storylines where they dont belong is the foundation of a couple, like EJ snd Sami, then the show has a bigger problem. And God help it and the writers who dont see the problems.
Yes, in fact, if it weren't for Fetch being on constantly, I would be enjoying the show. There have always been and always will be storylines that suck, characters that annoy, actors that grate on your nerves. There's always going to be a character that ends up with this one rather than one you prefer or rather than falling down a well as another may prefer. Show is so seemingly invested in Fetch that they are getting back to back to back promos, and literally 3/5 of the show consists of their scenes, separately or apart, or other characters talking about them and how wonderful they are and what a shame blah blah blah fucking blah. So yes, I would really rather watch Sami stomp around and flair her nostrils and do that oh-so sexy reverse ducklip ugly cry than so much as hear the name "Daniel" or "Jennifer".
I'm glad in my world I don't have to force myself to try and figure out which is the lesser evil. Since both are pretty suck-tastic to me. If this show only had Dannifer as its problem then I could watch. I've watched plenty of shows with only one couple I can't stand. I just ignore the parts I can't stand for the parts I love. But there is nothing on this show to love. All of the characters suck. All of the storylines suck. There is no real drama. There is no real root value. There is nothing except suck. So no, I'm not going to cheer because at least it isn't Dannifer in the promo. That's like cheering because your turd has a nut in it instead of a piece of corn.
Well, Dannifer is a disaster, but back to the topic EJ / Sami are two characters that save this show anyway for me why because I find them hot, interesting, and there are two characters who can drive a story just because they can be just anything, one noted characters are never interesting and 1950s romance, it is not, what I see is that these two characters should have been together a long time ago, but then we all know what story it's been over the years with them anyway, I'm sure that these scenes will provide topnotch dialogue and credibility precisely because Ali and James work so well together and they have that little something extra in their scenes. IMO
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic