Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Countdown: Hope's Best Moments
Topic Started: Apr 14 2013, 08:19 AM (1,654 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Today, April 14th, Kristian Alfonso celebrates thirty years as Hope Williams Brady. And what an eventful thirty years it’s been! In that time, Hope has given birth to three children, lost two children, gotten kidnapped numerous times, gotten brainwashed numerous times, and gotten beaten with a bag of oranges. We asked our members about their favorite Hope moments, and here’s what made the cut!

10. Hope’s 18th birthday
January 3, 1984
Hope’s birthday was quite the event! She was excited to be turning 18 because she would be getting her inheritance from her mother. In the weeks leading up to her birthday, tension had grown between her, her father, and her stepmother. Specifically, Doug wasn’t too happy about the growing relationship between his princess and rebel Bo Brady. It looked like it was going to be a memorable night for Bo and Hope as they began to make love for the first time. It ended up being a memorable night for an entirely different reason..

9. Bo Kidnaps Hope
June 1, 1984
Our next choice doesn’t really need any kind of set-up. Bo was pushing Hope away. Hope was mad. Hope was going to marry Larry. Bo kidnapped her on the back of his motorcycle to an amazing 80s soundtrack. Here was the fight they have once he pulls over.

8. Hope and Billie Fight
November 6, 1998
Recasting Billie didn’t help ease the tension between Hope and her. Billie had recently lost her baby with Bo. Billie used the opportunity to drive a wedge between Bo and Hope and blamed Hope for the baby’s death. Everyone in Salem should know by now to look around for eavesdroppers when you start talking about your secrets! Not every catfight has to be physical, but the punch to the face was a pretty nice touch.

7. Hope Transforms into Gina
January 18, 1999
Three and a half years after finally proving that Hope was actually Hope and not Gina, Hope started to have some strange memories. In the middle of a snowstorm when Hope’s car spun off the road, Stefano and Rolf finally got their change Hope back to Gina.

6. Oak Alley
August 24, 1984
While looking for one of the prisms in New Orleans, Bo and Hope escaped for a little while to Oak Alley. They dressed in fancy Old South clothing, made love for the first time, and exchanged vows in a symbolic wedding. Really, just take your pick of favorite moments.

5. Hope Returns
May 13, 1994
Maison Blanche was one of those umbrella stories that was a game changer for many characters and couples. John and Marlena were being held captive by Stefano, and they’d been hearing some weird noises coming from upstairs. The audience had gotten glimpses of Stefano’s guest, but we hadn’t seen her face yet. With one arch of the eyebrow, we know that after nearly four years Hope was back, and the Hope/Bo/Billie triangle had begun.

4. Bo and Hope Give Up JT
May 1, 2002
The next clip is when Bo and Hope were forced to give JT to his biological father. This story started nearly three years prior and wouldn’t truly be over for another couple of months, but this was one of the first conclusions. Days has had so many stories over the last few years of the parents who raised a child having to give that child up to a biological parent. It’s kind of hard to believe that Days used to know how to do that right, but this clip proves that they once did. Especially noteworthy is the amount of support Bo, Hope, and Shawn have in the room with them.

3. Hope Dies on the Cruise of Deception
July 13, 1990
The Cruise of Deception is famous amongst Days fans for many reasons. It was set up much different from most Days’ stories, and the show even had a special opening that is used that summer specifically for this umbrella story. The Cruise of Deception had many memorable moments including the first time Jack and Jennifer made love, the reveal that Ernesto Toscano was Isabella’s father, and this moment for Hope. Bo and Hope had actually been offscreen with Shawn Douglas for about three years. Due to some manipulations from Ernesto, the couple wasn’t exactly at their happiest. This scene set the stage for the next decade of story for Bo and Hope...even if it seemed at the time that it was the end for Hope. Once again Days reminded us, if there’s not a body, the story isn’t over.

2. The Puzzle Box
August 2, 1995
More than a year after having seen at Maison Blanche, Bo finally got the evidence he needed to convince him that Gina really was Hope. The scene of her actually opening the puzzle box was before this, but this scene was what truly cemented her identity. No flashbacks were needed as Bo and Hope gave us a glimpse of what it was that made them so special a decade before.

1. Zack Dies
January 6, 2006
As far as DR members go, there was no contest when it came to Hope’s best scene. It was the scream heard ‘round the soap world. This story had so many memorable moments; From Hope slapping Chelsea to Bo and Hope saying goodbye to Zack to Zack’s grandfather’s leading the church in Danny Boy to Abe receiving Zack’s corneas. But the last twenty-five seconds of this next clip is one of the most memorable Days’ scenes from the last decade.

Honorable Mention
Doug Sings to Hope
October 2, 1986
Since Kristian and Bill & Susan have both mentioned this clip recently, we just couldn’t leave it out of the list. Context isn’t necessary to enjoy this clip. If only we could get moments like this on Days today. Scenes like this are why characters like Doug and Hope have been beloved by Days fans for so many years.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Great list Lysie and great job putting it all together! :D

james0479
Member Avatar

Simply awesome!! This is a phenomenal list and I personally agree with each clip being THE best of Hope. Great job guys!!!

AFaithL

Good job Lysie! Love all of it.

Daysofold

What an awesome tribute to Kristian who has given so much to Days. Days should thank their lucky stars that they have her.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Love!! Thanks, Lysie! :)

lysie
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Apr 14 2013, 12:36 PM
I watched all the clips yesterday and was so depressed, lol. The JT one always kills me.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Thanks for putting this together, Lysie! What a great trip down memory lane.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

lysie
Apr 14 2013, 12:41 PM
Supergirlx2
Apr 14 2013, 12:36 PM
I watched all the clips yesterday and was so depressed, lol. The JT one always kills me.
The JT one is depressing, the Zack one is deadly heart-hurt-worthy, & the miscarriage one (that didn't make the top 10) is just plain overwhelmingly sad (with a hint of sweetness coming from how caring Steve was).

ohgreatone22
Member Avatar

This is great! But is the date on the first clip wrong? Kristian Alfonso's first air date was April 14, 1983, and the date says January 3, 1983.

ceejay

Thank you for sharing some wonderful memories of my favorite female character on Days.

lysie
Member Avatar

ohgreatone22
Apr 14 2013, 01:37 PM
This is great! But is the date on the first clip wrong? Kristian Alfonso's first air date was April 14, 1983, and the date says January 3, 1983.
LOL. Yes, it is. Will fix.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Good list, but Hope and Billie's fight happened on November 6, 1998.

lysie
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Apr 14 2013, 04:48 PM
Both summaries I had listed it in June. Was there another one they mixed it up with?

Jason47
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 14 2013, 05:01 PM
Sindacco
Both summaries I had listed it in June. Was there another one they mixed it up with?
Just checked my 1998 files. Hope & Billie are at the Kiriakis Mansion on 6/22/98. They are at the cemetery on 11/6/98, so Sindacco is correct!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Jason47
Apr 14 2013, 05:11 PM
lysie
Apr 14 2013, 05:01 PM
Sindacco
Just checked my 1998 files. Hope & Billie are at the Kiriakis Mansion on 6/22/98. They are at the cemetery on 11/6/98, so Sindacco is correct!
Thanks! Will change.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar
I'll always love you. Always

What a truly wonderful countdown!

Thanks

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Nice!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

luvmysoaps

Great list

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

Thanks Lysie and congrats to Kristian Alfonso! all the choices were incredible picks including the bonus clip.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply