Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Australia's Channel 9 to drop 'Days'
Topic Started: Apr 14 2013, 04:40 PM (4,045 Views)
concerned
Member Avatar

Article on Bold and the Beautiful and Nine dropping Days

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/tens-bold-move-to-keep-its-daytime-soapie-20130416-2hxmj.html

Interesting in that it says Bold get 415 000 viewers whereas days was getting 130,000.
Which is not a lot given the population of Australia is 20 million.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Daiseyflower1
Member Avatar

concerned
Apr 16 2013, 04:39 AM

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/tens-bold-move-to-keep-its-daytime-soapie-20130416-2hxmj.html

Interesting in that it says Bold get 415 000 viewers whereas days was getting 130,000.
Interesting.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

concerned

To be fair - B&B airs at 4:30 in the afternoon...DAYS airs at 2:00....that is a huge difference because there is WAY more people home at 4:30 than there is at 2.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

salempc
Member Avatar

somersetfan
Apr 14 2013, 11:43 PM
Matt
Apr 14 2013, 10:38 PM
This almost makes me think about how many international/non-US viewers the soap has. I'm not even sure I know where all DAYS (or any of the other soaps, for that matter) still air. I know Canada gets everything, but I can't remember if the UK still does or not. And since I started watching all of the UK soaps thanks to the internet (since none of the air here except for Coronation Street now on Hulu/Hulu+ 2-3 weeks behind UK time), I wonder if anyone else watches US soaps strictly through the internet or even discovered the US soaps via the internet because they don't air in their country. Or watch the soaps at US speed via online even though the shows air in their country, but at a delayed pace.
Just doing a quick search.
Days airs in:
South Africa (where it remains very popular 1.5 million viewers a week)
Barbados
Bahamas
Belize
Canada (on both French and English television)
Denmark
Germany
Jamaica
New Zealand (Just started again last month after being cancelled in 2010)
Norway
Sweden
United Arab Emirates

Maybe more.

South Africa is airing episodes from 2010. French Canada is about to enter 2003. New Zealand is currently 6 months behind.

It hasn't aired in the UK since 2010. But your right with the internet people could probably watch Days on the moon.

I am sure it will pop up somewhere again in Australia just like NZ.

Which French Canadian station has Days from 2003? Anyone know? I need to find it. My French is passable and I'd love to watch that era again instead of the craptastic stuff that's airing these days.

Nevermind, I found out it's TVA, which I get. I guess I'll be looking for Des jours et des vies in my listings.
Edited by salempc, Apr 16 2013, 02:42 PM.

bomber
Member Avatar

I dont know how to do screenshots but here is a comment about the cancellation and a reply to the comment:

I liked passions when they had the ape cast member.

Commenter
Alex
Date and time
April 16, 2013, 3:26PM

April 16, 2013, 4:36PM
I'm pretty sure the ape from Passions plays the doctor on Days. Lol.
Commenter
Becca
April 16, 2013, 7:51PM

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/tens-bold-move-to-keep-its-daytime-soapie-20130416-2hxmj.html#ixzz2QiBC8kY0

Edited by bomber, Apr 17 2013, 04:43 AM.

concerned
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Apr 16 2013, 12:43 PM
concerned

To be fair - B&B airs at 4:30 in the afternoon...DAYS airs at 2:00....that is a huge difference because there is WAY more people home at 4:30 than there is at 2.
Oops correction on the Australian population figure . Just heard we are going to hit 23 million next week.

So 130,000 is worse than I first thought.

I don't watch Bold because a ) I am busy and b) I got sick of a certain blonde female character always "winning" all the time regardless of her actions.... hmmm eerily similar to some other show. (and no I don't have an anti blonde bias issues with Carrie or Anna).

In other Antipodean news Congratulations to New Zealand for legalising gay marriage today.
If only days had the budget for international weddings. Scenery is great in NZ.
Edited by concerned, Apr 17 2013, 06:27 PM.

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

THE HORROR!

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

somersetfan
Apr 14 2013, 11:43 PM
Matt
Apr 14 2013, 10:38 PM
This almost makes me think about how many international/non-US viewers the soap has. I'm not even sure I know where all DAYS (or any of the other soaps, for that matter) still air. I know Canada gets everything, but I can't remember if the UK still does or not. And since I started watching all of the UK soaps thanks to the internet (since none of the air here except for Coronation Street now on Hulu/Hulu+ 2-3 weeks behind UK time), I wonder if anyone else watches US soaps strictly through the internet or even discovered the US soaps via the internet because they don't air in their country. Or watch the soaps at US speed via online even though the shows air in their country, but at a delayed pace.
Just doing a quick search.
Days airs in:
South Africa (where it remains very popular 1.5 million viewers a week)
Barbados
Bahamas
Belize
Canada (on both French and English television)
Denmark
Germany
Jamaica
New Zealand (Just started again last month after being cancelled in 2010)
Norway
Sweden
United Arab Emirates

Maybe more.

South Africa is airing episodes from 2010. French Canada is about to enter 2003. New Zealand is currently 6 months behind.

It hasn't aired in the UK since 2010. But your right with the internet people could probably watch Days on the moon.

I am sure it will pop up somewhere again in Australia just like NZ.

I never knew that Days was back on the air in NZ after being cancelled. That's good to hear. Sucks for the Aussies, though. Even if Days is airing something I'm not particularly fond of, it was always comforting to know it was there in case I wanted to tune back in again.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

PolkaDotOrange: @KJAlfonso Wearing your 'Miracle' bracelet & hoping for a Miracle here in Oz!!! Shame on #Ch9 !!! Last day of #DOOL in Australia 2moro :(
KJAlfonso: @PolkaDotOrange Sony's working on it ; ) fingers Xed ! ; ))
https://twitter.com/KJAlfonso/status/327470510826999808

bomber
Member Avatar

I'm currently in New Zealand and checked out Days today. It was the blizzard scene with J & J in cabin :D . Days is playing on a really obscure channel and I couldn't find the current ratings for it but the top show on this channel only draws 29,000 viewers and Days isn't among its top 5 shows. Somehow I dont think it's going to last long!

concerned
Member Avatar

First day in OZ today without Days....
Replaced by a third / fourth ? repeat of "house husbands"
So at least its scripted, Australian made, with great actors material not another reality show.

Evan
Member Avatar

BOLD & THE BEAUTIFUL the only soap left on free to air Aussie TV - sad for soap lovers in this country, who don't have access to cable TV.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply