Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 4/15
Topic Started: Apr 15 2013, 05:18 AM (29,075 Views)
talbab1994
Member Avatar

Poker Face
Apr 16 2013, 01:32 PM
The Room Stops
Apr 15 2013, 10:02 PM
Seriously, has Drake been fired or something? He's apparently unfollowed everyone DAYS related.
WHAT? u mean he unfollowed Deidre too? OMG. maybe they fired him, but nbc is keeping it a secret...
He's following 6 people-- a whole lot of the Post family, Clark Westerman, and Tristian Rogers---that's it..... :'(
Online Profile Goto Top

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

Tammy
Apr 15 2013, 10:10 PM
Yeah it's felt like months since anyone has posted a picture of themselves with Drake on Twitter. I am wondering if he is gone from the show.
the last one was last feb. I mean if he is out, (hope he's not) then why isn't ANYONE saying anything??

they did tell us about NB's exit airdate.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

talbab1994
Apr 16 2013, 01:35 PM
Poker Face
The Room Stops
Seriously, has Drake been fired or something? He's apparently unfollowed everyone DAYS related.
WHAT? u mean he unfollowed Deidre too? OMG. maybe they fired him, but nbc is keeping it a secret...
He's following 6 people-- a whole lot of the Post family, Clark Westerman, and Tristian Rogers---that's it..... :'(
Post is his wife's family. And he was only following like 2 people until he started following Deidre and a couple of others. He's not even following Martha Madison?
Offline Profile Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Apr 16 2013, 01:38 PM
talbab1994
Poker Face
The Room Stops
Post is his wife's family. And he was only following like 2 people until he started following Deidre and a couple of others. He's not even following Martha Madison?
I just checked about 10 minutes ago and that was it. There's over 12,000 people following him but he's only following those 6....
Online Profile Goto Top

Poker Face
Member Avatar

talbab1994
Poker Face
The Room Stops
Yes, I just checked and saw it. IDK, maybe he's pissed or frustrated bc people keep asking why John is being written OOC.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Poker Face
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Apr 16 2013, 01:38 PM
talbab1994
Poker Face
The Room Stops
I don't think he EVER followed MM, he only followed Deidre, Kristian and Eileen. HE never even followed nbc or Days..
Offline Profile Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Actors are temperamental. Recently I think Michael Muhney unfollowed everything Y&R related and said it was for mental health, or something. It could mean something, it could not.
Online Profile Goto Top

salempc
Member Avatar

Kevin_Buchanan
Apr 16 2013, 12:18 PM
salempc
Apr 16 2013, 08:51 AM
soapsudz
Apr 15 2013, 10:06 PM
The Room Stops
WHOA! :o I don't think he's been fired, IMO but something is wrong.
He's probably been bumped down to recurring, like Bryan Dattilo. Given how far they tape ahead, it'll be reflected in the end credits in 2015 or so...
Bryan Dattilo isn't on recurring.
Yes he is. Days doesn't make announcements about contract status. Bryan told me in February that he's been switched to recurring. Days tapes so freakin' far ahead now that it simply hasn't made it to the end credits, yet. It will though eventually. He now tapes only 2 days/month (which may equal more than 2 episodes/month depending on how many they're taping at a time).
Offline Profile Goto Top

IIttu
Member Avatar

I'd guess Days have told Drake to stop tweeting about his unhappiness toward the writing. Days must have intervened somehow because it doesn't really look good when the actor's questioning the writing in public (as justified as Drake's reaction was, this J&M stuff is absolutely horrible and I'm afraid we haven't even seen the worst yet..) and then Drake's probably decided -more or less pissed- that it's best not to tweet at all.. And besides, Drake's never been that much into using social media compared to many other cast members, so I don't see his twitter silence that weird. But I do agree that this overall silence among the cast / no pics feels ominous..
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

^^and I suspect the same thing happened to Dee and Drake...they didn't fire them, but they did the exact same thing they did before but offered them recurring instead and they all took it this time. IMHO I think it's just a way for Tomlin to do what he did before but maybe Corday decided he couldn't do the same exact thing as last time and get rid of the same people or it would be too obvious as to what was happening. Still suspicious that Bryan and Drake's tweets were so close together....and sort of the same tone.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

salempc
Apr 16 2013, 02:03 PM
Kevin_Buchanan
salempc
soapsudz
Apr 15 2013, 10:06 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
He's probably been bumped down to recurring, like Bryan Dattilo. Given how far they tape ahead, it'll be reflected in the end credits in 2015 or so...
Yes he is. Days doesn't make announcements about contract status. Bryan told me in February that he's been switched to recurring. Days tapes so freakin' far ahead now that it simply hasn't made it to the end credits, yet. It will though eventually. He now tapes only 2 days/month (which may equal more than 2 episodes/month depending on how many they're taping at a time).
This is just tragic and not just for Bryan but for Drake and any other vet that wants and deserves a story but are just not getting anything from this show which is just dumb dumb dumb.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Laufeyson
Apr 16 2013, 02:09 PM
salempc
Apr 16 2013, 02:03 PM
Kevin_Buchanan
salempc

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
This is just tragic and not just for Bryan but for Drake and any other vet that wants and deserves a story but are just not getting anything from this show which is just dumb dumb dumb.
It's just the stupid bias with this particular writer who use to be the particular EP when something very similar happened. I just wish someone at Days would actually care and give a shit about the characters WE give a shit about.....frankly GH has hopefully learned from past writer/ep mistakes and has found a formula that works for now.....Days truly needs to see WHY Tomlin/Whitesell continue to push an agenda and shit on the very actors/characters that fans find an attachment to.

I knew about Bryan months ago...but I wasn't at liberty to say anything...and it's why my interest in the show has gone even further down. There is no future for Lucas without a story and obviously if they bumped him to recurring at around the time that what we are seeing now was filmed, it's evident that they don't even care about putting Lucas in places he absolutely should be in...so what if he's going to be a grandfather? Seriously I wish another show would take him, I wish that Bryan goes out and tries to get something during next pilot season....it's just so fucked up but completely expected from Days.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

There is definitely some weird, perhaps non-existent, research and marketing going on with this show. There are legions of fans wanting stories for John and Lucas and those characters are being fed scraps, at best. Meanwhile, no one is clamoring for more stories with Daniel and Jennifer but the idiots at Days cannot stop writing for them. If this was any other business, they would go bankrupt for peddling a product no one wants and not pushing the product for which there is great demand. I guess we can add Economics to the list courses TomSell flunked in addition to Creative Writing 101.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

granolagirl
Apr 16 2013, 01:34 PM
Supergirlx2
Apr 16 2013, 12:37 AM
tomsawyer
Apr 15 2013, 11:52 PM
lysie
Apr 15 2013, 10:41 PM
Meanwhile, what on earth are they filming? No one looks dressed for a wedding, but so many people have been there.
It seems like filming for it has been going on for awhile too, so it's got to be a looong event. Based on all of Sami's kids being there, I assume its some kind of Brady-related event. Maybe an 80th birthday celebration for Caroline???
Hypothetically, if it were an 80th birthday party for Caroline, how would they explain Bo not being there?
Why would Gabi and EJ invite Bo?
Why would Gabi & EJ be planning a birthday party for Caroline??
That said, Bo would be invited for sure to his mother's birthday.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Poker Face
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Apr 16 2013, 01:46 PM
Actors are temperamental. Recently I think Michael Muhney unfollowed everything Y&R related and said it was for mental health, or something. It could mean something, it could not.
Yeah, he did that around last January...But Michael is on YR, he's not out, he's safe. He said himself so many times.. and he TWEETS a lot.

But Drake, he wasn't into twitter at all, only started last december then went mia around march and only RT someone, and now he has unfollowed everyone. I think his silence speaks volume and that he's out. :(
Offline Profile Goto Top

Poker Face
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Apr 16 2013, 02:08 PM
^^and I suspect the same thing happened to Dee and Drake...they didn't fire them, but they did the exact same thing they did before but offered them recurring instead and they all took it this time. IMHO I think it's just a way for Tomlin to do what he did before but maybe Corday decided he couldn't do the same exact thing as last time and get rid of the same people or it would be too obvious as to what was happening. Still suspicious that Bryan and Drake's tweets were so close together....and sort of the same tone.
wait, I don't follow Bryan so he's "out" too? he's been hardly on lately..

really TomSell sucks!
Offline Profile Goto Top

salempc
Member Avatar

Poker Face
Apr 16 2013, 03:18 PM
LuvingLumi
Apr 16 2013, 02:08 PM
wait, I don't follow Bryan so he's "out" too? he's been hardly on lately..

really TomSell sucks!
He's not out. He's recurring. Right now they're giving him 2 tape days per month. With recurring there's always the possibility of being bumped back onto contract as the storyline dictates, but I don't see that happening under the current regime of idiots.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

LuvingLumi
Apr 16 2013, 11:40 AM
Supergirlx2
Apr 16 2013, 11:15 AM
i see that, after a week of not mentioning anything about Kristian or Bryan's anniversaries, @nbcdays is back to pimping EJami like there's nothing else going on on the show (or BTS). :shame:
(and yes, i know this week is the EJami proposal, but that's still no excuse for their non-actions from last week & the complete 180 simply because there's something EJami-related)
You know I really, really would pay to meet whomever is telling the twit behind the days handle what to tweet out of it...because frankly they deserve to see what happens when ONLY one group of fans is left following the show. Seriously, I've stopped following that Days handle and Ali's handle...and I'm not the only one....so they can tweet and retweet up a storm but it's NEVER GOOD for the show to put all their eggs in one basket, especially a basket that's so polarizing....there is very little middle ground with Ejami, you either love them to death and think they are the best thing since sliced bread, or you hate them, they repulse and disgust you and it turns you totally off to the show.....IMHO Days is in charge of their own destiny and I can't for the life of me believe that they'd be so stupid and moronic to only promote one couple (or two) if you count Dannifer...seriously, think about it.....who does that?
I don't think it's accurate to assume that every fan out there has a bias or preference one way or the other, though - so they aren't playing to only 'one' fanbase. What about the Matts of the world - or even the Lysies? There are a number of fans on line that don't necessarily ship a couple but are just fans of the show.

Like Six said, I think there has been a change in the way the Twitter account is being managed in the past several months - but I don't think it's a matter of it being done by someone with a clear EJami bias. There are plenty of mentions of other storylines and pairings - particularly on days when those are the featured stories.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

IIttu
Apr 16 2013, 02:07 PM
I'd guess Days have told Drake to stop tweeting about his unhappiness toward the writing. Days must have intervened somehow because it doesn't really look good when the actor's questioning the writing in public (as justified as Drake's reaction was, this J&M stuff is absolutely horrible and I'm afraid we haven't even seen the worst yet..) and then Drake's probably decided -more or less pissed- that it's best not to tweet at all.. And besides, Drake's never been that much into using social media compared to many other cast members, so I don't see his twitter silence that weird. But I do agree that this overall silence among the cast / no pics feels ominous..
That's my guess, too. I'd been wondering if he'd go public about it like BD did awhile ago. What I want to know though, is how you folks figure out who unfollows whom in the first place? Is there an app that lets you know when someone unfollows people, or do you swing by their timeline and check follower counts every so often or something? Completely serious here.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

I hope Bryan and Drake get snapped up by GH. I am sick of the unfair treatment of these two.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic