Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, April 15th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 15 2013, 05:19 AM (6,682 Views)
AFaithL

DiMeraFan67
Apr 15 2013, 12:47 PM
I was firmly onboard the Eric/Nicole ship and thought they had supercouple potential. This pretty much unnecessarily butchers them for me.
Not me. I'm still Team Ericole, but Vargas is sexy, has charisma, and it's HIGH TIME Nicole had two men fighting over her.

I hope he sticks around and we get a Vargas/Nicole/Eric triangle. At least she has chemistry with both actors.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

guessgirl
Member Avatar

Instead of Days Of Our Lives it should be rename Fetch Of Our Lives. Uggh I can't take it anymore. Please put them on the backburner soon.

I don't like Ericole or Nicole/Vargas. Greg seems like a great guy but Eric is just so bland and so is Greg as an actor. I don't care for Vargas either but I get slightly more of something with him and Nicole than Eric but that's not saying much.
Edited by guessgirl, Apr 15 2013, 02:51 PM.

PatNS
Member Avatar

I might be able to enjoy Vargas and Nicole more if I didn't know Vargas was just using her to further his agenda.

Rafe, Rafe, Rafe! Why are you so worried about Sami catching on to what you and Kate have going on? They had to dumb her down to Brady's level so she doesn't see how EJ is pulling the wool over her eyes and manipulating her once again so he can get what he wants from Stefano or get his revenge on Stefano ... whatever. He's not doing anything for Sami out of the goodness of his heart or out of any great 'love' he may feel for her. He's doing what will benefit him in the long run.

Ouch ... Kate was really hurting. Glad she made Rafe feel like an a$$ before she left.

Chloe - Why does it take you 3 days to say what could be said in 5 minutes.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 15 2013, 12:59 PM
today's show was directed by Albert Alarr from a script written by Melissa Salmons (which explains so much).
Yes it does. I even liked the Fetch scenes which made me think I was either hallucinating or going crazy. Melissa Salmons is really a great writer.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

This Nicole/Vargas thing might be okay under normal circumstances, but the thing that made Eric/Nicole really click was their unspoken feelings for each other. It was obvious with in their eyes and their actions. Now if Nicole or the writers thinks sleeping with someone else is a good way to have Eric finally confront his feelings, that's a joke. Nicole being injured or kidnapped or really anything would be better than this. I find it hard to believe that a priest wrestling with his feelings would finally see the light after this person sleeps with a known criminal fresh out of prison.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bee
Member Avatar

blueskies
Apr 15 2013, 03:17 PM
Matt
Apr 15 2013, 12:59 PM
today's show was directed by Albert Alarr from a script written by Melissa Salmons (which explains so much).
Yes it does. I even liked the Fetch scenes which made me think I was either hallucinating or going crazy. Melissa Salmons is really a great writer.
Absolutely. I would have never known about her if you guys hadn't enlightened me. Her scripts always stand out. I love the humor she adds.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Ditch the priest Nicole! I love Nicole and Vargas lol. So hot and dangerous!!

LovingDays

My highlight of today episode was

Nicole/Vargas love them
glad to see stefano
loved the small scene with kristen/victor wish more

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I am SO happy to have choices for my girl! Be it Ericole or Varcole (although that sounds too much like varicose for me, LOL), I will be happy. And I WANT that dress!
So, Fetch lives happily ever after while Chloe snaps out of her crazy invasion of the body snatcher alternate personality. And Parker now has a big sister. Two big sisters, actually, if you count Melanie (I mean Abby as a surrogate big sister). Oh, joy.
Somewhat intrigued with the Kristin thing. If she would only go high-heels to wingtip with Victor. A Maggie-less Victor.
Kate and Rafe. No angst, please. Just sex.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Apr 15 2013, 08:03 PM
I am SO happy to have choices for my girl! Be it Ericole or Varcole (although that sounds too much like varicose for me, LOL), I will be happy. And I WANT that dress!
So, Fetch lives happily ever after while Chloe snaps out of her crazy invasion of the body snatcher alternate personality. And Parker now has a big sister. Two big sisters, actually, if you count Melanie (I mean Abby as a surrogate big sister). Oh, joy.
Somewhat intrigued with the Kristin thing. If she would only go high-heels to wingtip with Victor. A Maggie-less Victor.
As far as Rate goes...no angst and no sex would work for me. This pairing is getting beyond stupid..A one night stand or even 2nds the next morning was one tbing; continuing it with weepy-eyed Kate is another. Move Kate back into Stefano's orbit and pair Rafe with someone in his own age group that he can have a real romance withn

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

magicsteacher
Apr 15 2013, 09:17 PM
ladyofthelake
As far as Rate goes...no angst and no sex would work for me. This pairing is getting beyond stupid..A one night stand or even 2nds the next morning was one tbing; continuing it with weepy-eyed Kate is another. Move Kate back into Stefano's orbit and pair Rafe with someone in his own age group that he can have a real romance withn
IMO Rate's age difference doesn't matter, they have chemistry! Rate could be interesting if TPTB were willing to
slowly build a real relationship with them, it would be an intense storyline with a jealous Stephano Dimera in the mix.
But, TPTB have ended them. At this time the only woman on the canvas Rafe has chemistry with besides Kate is Nicole,
however, she's in lust with Vargas.
Edited by bellajewel, Apr 15 2013, 09:36 PM.

guessgirl
Member Avatar

I forgot to say this but can we find out about Kristen's mysterious plan please? Heck I don't think the writers even know what it is.
Edited by guessgirl, Apr 15 2013, 09:31 PM.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

soapsudz
Apr 15 2013, 09:29 PM
magicsteacher
ladyofthelake
IMO Rate's age difference doesn't matter, they have chemistry! Rate could be interesting if TPTB were willing to
slowly build a real relationship with them, it would be an intense storyline with a jealous Stephano Dimera in the mix.
But, TPTB have ended them. At this time the only woman on the canvas Rafe has chemistry with besides Kate is Nicole,
It's not so much the age difference with Rate that bothers me..it's the fact that this is Kate...the ex-wife of Stefano Dimera, a woman that Rafe never had much use for and who is the opposite of pretty much everything Rafe stood for and believed in, not to mention that she is Sami's ex MIL and Will's grandma.
Edited by magicsteacher, Apr 15 2013, 09:46 PM.

DJsMommy
Member Avatar

PatNS
Apr 15 2013, 02:49 PM
I might be able to enjoy Vargas and Nicole more if I didn't know Vargas was just using her to further his agenda.

SO MUCH THIS! I'm trying my hardest not to fall for these 2 cuz I know Days will end up kicking me in the gut, but I can't help it. They have such flirty, sexy chemistry. I know it's too much to ask that Vargas develops REAL feelings for her down the line... :toetap:

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

magicsteacher
Apr 15 2013, 09:45 PM
soapsudz
magicsteacher
ladyofthelake
It's not so much the age difference with Rate that bothers me..it's the fact that this is Kate...the ex-wife of Stefano Dimera, a woman that Rafe never had much use for and who is the opposite of pretty much everything Rafe stood for and believed in, not to mention that she is Sami's ex MIL and Will's grandma.
I understand, but a Rate relationship would be just so very soapy and interesting! Two people who are total opposites with many differences unexpectendly fall in love....
And, Rafe was just too self-righteous and boring, but with Kate he wasn't Mr.Perfect.
Edited by bellajewel, Apr 15 2013, 10:27 PM.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

DJsMommy
Apr 15 2013, 10:12 PM
PatNS

SO MUCH THIS! I'm trying my hardest not to fall for these 2 cuz I know Days will end up kicking me in the gut, but I can't help it. They have such flirty, sexy chemistry. I know it's too much to ask that Vargas develops REAL feelings for her down the line... :toetap:
it's not too much to ask :wub: . I think he will. He will be in the same dilemma as Kristen is in with Brady.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
soapsudz
magicsteacher
ladyofthelake
They should have just left this couple with the ONS, but it's pretty obvious they didn't have anything else to do with them so the writers continued the 'secret' affair ignoring the improbability. Now everyone pretty much knows, so in order to keep it rolling they have to try and squeeze some kind of 'relationship' out of it no matter how mismatched they are and how annoying it's becoming.

Kate blubbering like a fool and going off on her 'feelings' just let's me know this is headed into disappointing territory. Kate should be a strong confident woman, unapologetic about taking action to help her grandson gain some parental rights. Why should she feel remorse that she approached Gabi and pushed for her to step up and name Will as the father on the birth certificate? The fact that she's all worried about upsetting her sex buddy because he didn't give his stamp of approval just shows how they are losing her character in this. Kate backing down and becoming the love sick wimp? Puhleeze!

It's also a stretch to have Rafe jump back in the sack with another woman he distrusts especially one taking advantage of his sister in his eyes. The whole thing reeks of character assassination.

I know there is a Stefano reaction, but for me it's not worth sitting through this pair and all the baloney they are writing to sell them.

Lady Evol

soapsudz
magicsteacher
ladyofthelake
Pretty sure they'll be back together by Friday. Or was it next week? Idr, but they're not over... According to dayscafe anyway.

camera shy

PatNS

Rafe, Rafe, Rafe! Why are you so worried about Sami catching on to what you and Kate have going on? They had to dumb her down to Brady's level so she doesn't see how EJ is pulling the wool over her eyes and manipulating her once again so he can get what he wants from Stefano or get his revenge on Stefano ... whatever. He's not doing anything for Sami out of the goodness of his heart or out of any great 'love' he may feel for her. He's doing what will benefit him in the long run.

Ouch ... Kate was really hurting. Glad she made Rafe feel like an a$$ before she left.

Chloe - Why does it take you 3 days to say what could be said in 5 minutes.
I think they're more worried.....at least Kate is......about their affair getting back to Stefano than Sami finding out. But it would have been fun it they had kissed in front of her and made a date for dinner.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

soapsudz
Apr 15 2013, 10:25 PM
magicsteacher
soapsudz
magicsteacher

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I understand, but a Rate relationship would be just so very soapy and interesting! Two people who are total opposites with many differences unexpectendly fall in love....
And, Rafe was just too self-righteous and boring, but with Kate he wasn't Mr.Perfect.
For me there is just an ick factor with these two. I don't like Kate as a weepy, love-sick puppy and I don't like seeing Rafe compromising who he really is. Rafe doesn't need to be self- rightous, but at least have both characters remain true to who they are.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply