Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
FX CANADA to air #AMC and OLTL in Canada!
Topic Started: Apr 15 2013, 04:39 PM (894 Views)
Tammy
Member Avatar

Great news for Canadian soap fans! Prospect Park and The Online Network have announced an exclusive deal with FX Canada to bring new episodes of All My Children and One Life to Live to the airwaves up north!

The long-running serial dramas premiere Monday, April 29, airing weekdays starting with All My Children at noon ET/2 p.m. PT, followed by One Life to Live at 12:30 p.m. ET/2:30 p.m. PT, exclusively on FX Canada. FX Canada is the only television network in North America to offer the new, re-imagined All My Children and One Life to Live series to subscribers.

“All My Children and One Life to Live are a unique addition to FX Canada’s slate of provocative and critically-acclaimed dramas,” said Scott Moore, President of Broadcast, Rogers Media. “As the only television channel in North America broadcasting these new series, FX Canada continues its commitment to deliver exclusive, premium content to its viewers.”

“Our partnership with Rogers answers an overwhelming demand from viewers in Canada to access our transformed All My Children and One Life to Live programming, and incrementally furthers our footprint across all of North America. We have the fans to thank for forging this partnership, and bringing their shows to Canada,” said Prospect Park’s Rich Frank. “We are grateful to the team at Rogers Media including Keith Pelley, President, Scott Moore, and Malcolm Dunlop, Executive Vice-President of Programming and Operations for sharing our vision and empowering our network to reach this very significant audience.”

Once more set in the fictional East Coast suburb of Pine Valley (All My Children) and fictional town of Llanview, Pennsylvania (One Life to Live), new faces join Emmy-winning actors and writers who made these series must-watch viewing for legions of loyal fans.

http://tvsourcemagazine.com/2013/04/fx-canada-to-air-tolns-all-my-children-one-life-to-live/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

I don't get why it's going to be on TV in Canada, yet it's only on the internet here. I'm confused lol.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

That's great news...cause I had ZERO intention of watching them online...I will definitely check them out on FX now.

Very strange that FX US will not be carrying it though....that is STRANGE.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Not gonna lie, I will keep them on the internet unless they can get a cable deal with a network that lets them do what they want. Yes FX primetime pushes boundaries with American Horror Story, etc...but they do have their limits too. Just the OLTL that came out on iTunes yesterday had Tea yelling, "I don't need any FUCKING water!" at Blair. And that video has been pulled down. They're going to have to edit all the shows they've already filmed to fit TV or there's going to be beeps going off.

Overall I just want what's better for the show. If its a success online and in Canada then FX will probably pick it up in the US. I really don't think its strange at all that its only in Canada. They signed contracts with Hulu (US) and iTunes so they can't be put on TV for likely a year, depending on how long the contracts are for.

Tammy
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Apr 15 2013, 05:15 PM
Not gonna lie, I will keep them on the internet unless they can get a cable deal with a network that lets them do what they want. Yes FX primetime pushes boundaries with American Horror Story, etc...but they do have their limits too. Just the OLTL that came out on iTunes yesterday had Tea yelling, "I don't need any FUCKING water!" at Blair. And that video has been pulled down.
I was wondering what happened to that video. I went to watch it and it was gone! I wonder why it was pulled... just because someone said fuck? :blink:

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I've heard it's because they forgot to blur out someone's face (who hasn't been announced to be appearing) who was in the background.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 15 2013, 05:54 PM
I've heard it's because they forgot to blur out someone's face (who hasn't been announced to be appearing) who was in the background.
This is actually true, lol. I have the video downloaded so its always going to be there. But there is definitely a person who is unannounced in the background. So awesome!

Tammy
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Apr 15 2013, 06:34 PM
Matt
Apr 15 2013, 05:54 PM
This is actually true, lol. I have the video downloaded so its always going to be there. But there is definitely a person who is unannounced in the background. So awesome!
I am just going to assume that it's the same person, whom everyone was speculating the blurred face was in the other video! lmao :P

dragonflies
Member Avatar

FX in the US is geared more towards men, AMC and OLTL would not fit on that channel at all lol

Tammy
Member Avatar

dragonflies
Apr 15 2013, 11:14 PM
FX in the US is geared more towards men, AMC and OLTL would not fit on that channel at all lol
I am thinking if it makes it to FX here in the US, it's going to be on at some obscure hour like 3am lol.

DaveBedford
Bitches be crazy! Haters are gonna hate!

I assume everyone has figured out that the supposed blurred face of the lurking character was

Spoiler: click to toggle

Dreamy
Member Avatar

What channel is FX in Canada? I am from West Coast of Canada.

Drew
Member Avatar

almost makes me consider getting cable again. But I have my VPN so I'm going to try Hulu for now.

Canadian TV is a different landscape. Basically if our cable outlets don't have to pay to make it they'll air it. We mostly import US and UK series, and most canadian made shows are on the crap end or one season long tax credit write offs.

And Canadian versions of US channels usuallly don't bare much of a resemblance. Bravo was the Law & Order/proceedural and Arts & Lit channel until a couple of years ago, not a Queer eye or Housewife in sight.

salempc
Member Avatar

Dreamy
Apr 16 2013, 01:29 AM
Depends on what cable company you have. I'm on Shaw in Edmonton and FX Canada is my channel 156/276 (HD). I record The Americans off it.

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

I didn't even know we had an FX Canada lulz

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

I don't have it :( Hopefully they air the episodes on their website as well.

salempc
Member Avatar

I didn't realize the channel existed until I saw an ad showing Keri Russell (one of my faves) in The Americans on another channel and searched the listings in my pvr.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

darraholic
Apr 16 2013, 11:22 AM
I don't have it :( Hopefully they air the episodes on their website as well.
Hopefully other methods may be available too since they are going to air on tv. I'm sure some tech savvy canadians will help their fellow country people and others out... :blulaugh:

Dreamy
Member Avatar

salempc
Apr 16 2013, 10:24 AM
Dreamy
Apr 16 2013, 01:29 AM
Depends on what cable company you have. I'm on Shaw in Edmonton and FX Canada is my channel 156/276 (HD). I record The Americans off it.
I have Shaw too.

Drew
Member Avatar

I have an american VPN that I pay 7/month that I use for Netflix, Hulu and US streaming sites. It's inexpensive - and makes a Netflix account actually worth it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply