Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, April 16th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 16 2013, 06:41 AM (9,898 Views)
bomber
Member Avatar

Parker's probably safe from boarding school - after all he is the product of sacred sperm and Jen's bringing JJ back to babysit him.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sparrow

As often as they shove junk food down these children's throats as an excuse to get them out of the room, I'm surprised there isn't a obesity epidemic in Salem.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

You would think the Saints of Salem could spare a moment to feel a little less than delighted that a human being broke down in front of them, that a once intelligent, confident, talented woman is hurting so badly that she's giving up her child to seek help. And that a child is going to be seperated from his mother so soon after losing the only father he's ever known.
Edited by TreasureCove, Apr 16 2013, 08:30 PM.

annie21

Sparrow
Apr 16 2013, 07:36 PM
...and I'm not sure what was intended by Daniel's Mr. Rogers' sweater.
Sounds like Daniel acquired Jack's sweater collection along with everything else that belonged to him. Jennifer probably also gave him a few of Tom's sweaters from the attic for good measure.

Yep, Daniel is settling in, folks. He's pretty much got everything he needs to ensconce himself in the Horton house and as patriarch-to-be of the show. Now, he just needs a pipe and some slippers, and Jennifer in an apron cooking up a pot roast for dinner.

MericP
Member Avatar

I am so disappointed with the ending of this horrendous Dannifer story. How could Chloe just leave Parker?!!! I hate Jen and Dan more than any other coupling on any show - ever.

They managed to ruin the rest of the show for me which happened to include an engagement I've been hoping to see for a long time now.

Ugh.

Romancer66

annie21
Apr 16 2013, 07:55 PM
Sparrow
Sounds like Daniel acquired Jack's sweater collection along with everything else that belonged to him. Jennifer probably also gave him a few of Tom's sweaters from the attic for good measure.

Yep, Daniel is settling in, folks. He's pretty much got everything he needs to ensconce himself in the Horton house and as patriarch-to-be of the show. Now, he just needs a pipe and some slippers, and Jennifer in an apron cooking up a pot roast for dinner.

Yeah, maybe Daniel can give Jennifer a string of pearls to wear with her apron next time he's in a gift-giving mood. I'm sure she'll be just delighted with her new Donna Reed look. Silly Jen-Jen! All those years she wasted trying to be a kickass investigative journalist, when all she really wanted from life was a sweet little job at the hospital that gave her plenty of opportunities to see her hot, buff, Scooby-Doo imitating man but still be home to make him a nice hot dinner and maybe even fry him up a batch of homemade doughnuts like her sainted grandmother (who would probably be spinning in her grave to see her once-spunky granddaughter as a Stepford Wife-in-Training to the patient-groping Dr. Perv).
Edited by Romancer66, Apr 16 2013, 08:29 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Sparrow
The only good thing I have to say is that everyone looked nice, except for Stefano with that bizarre red on red, and I'm not sure what was intended by Daniel's Mr. Rogers' sweater. I don't get Caroline's poofy vests either, but I guess alzheimers. I wish that Ali Sweeney could learn how to do happy or pleased without it coming across as smug. She would be so much less detestable if she could do that one little thing.

Oh well. I'm sick and not moving from my couch, so it's not like I had anything better to do.
They could get a cheap double deal by sending Melissa Reeves along as well.

Sparrow

annie21
Apr 16 2013, 07:55 PM
Sparrow

Ah, crap. You are completely right. I predict that when he weds Jennifer Horton, he will decide to take her last name in honor of his mother the Chicken Lady. Then he'll start smoking a pipe and Jenn will devote herself to her Fenton glass collection. Soon everyone will be coming over to solve their problems over her cupcakes in her kitchen.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Poor Chloe. Those scenes made me so sad and NB did really well with the material. I HATE that Jen was there for the conversation and I wanted to punch her in the face when she was so happy about Chloe leaving. MR was terrible today. When she should've been looking sympathetically at Chloe, she had a stupid I-won-first-prize look on her face. Ugh! Please, please, please let happy Fetch be backburnered.

I LOVE that Caroline is the only Brady (besides Sami) that EJ seems genuinely interested in winning over. He's fake nice to the rest of them when need be, but I swear he really likes ol' Chompers. His flirting with her kills me. JS was at his bumbling, swoonworthy best in the proposal scenes. The way he looks at Sami totally just kills me (and he's so much better at the teary eyes than the sobbing). Can't wait for the big Ejami conversation tomorrow.

I liked the near-miss envelope in the Bristen scenes. This story has needed more little near-miss moments, as its been drama-free for months now. The Sy-Stefano scenes were really ominous at the end too - nice to think that something is finally going to happen.

John sucks, but I always thought he sucked so its nothing new for me not to like him. I felt bad for Marlena though. DHer's pretty crying always gets me. And I'm always a fan of Marlena and Brady.

Varcole continues to be sexy and fun (but not as awesome as Vope will be). I LOVE Sean Douglas. Oh and I really want to see Nicole's PowerPoint on Salem relationships.

soapgal
Member Avatar

Today was what I've been waiting 7 years for and I loved it! Every part of Ejami was awesome. Cannot wait until tomorrow, its gonna be epic! I will concede one small point, EJ/JS could use a haircut. He's still the most beautiful man I have ever seen though and OMG sexy today.

As much as I hated the ready-made-family scenes with Dannifer at least maybe this signifies them being on the back-burner. Soap gods, please make this happen. Too bad Days shoots so far in advance and they couldn't derail this trainwreck.

I always think Nicole/Sami scenes are hilarious. I certainly don't think Sami is a saint, but she was dead-on with Nicole 21-dead. I still like Vargas and Nicole. Hope he sticks around. Fans seem to like him.

Love, love, love Caroline and EJ today!

Kristen and Stefano were good as well. Love seeing Stefano remind us what a bad ass he is. Is the wardrobe guy color blind though? I think ED is one of the most beautiful women in daytime and she looked great today. Do I need to drive to Salem and deliver a letter opener. This envelope is ridiculous!

This is the first time I've watched live in months, so the first time I see the Jen/Dan mess in a long time and it is truly as bad as ever. So glad I can normally ff that crap.

MericP
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Apr 16 2013, 04:12 PM
camera shy
Apr 16 2013, 03:56 PM
EJ had enough grease on his hair to fry chicken. And why isn't Nicole ever allowed to slam the pork chop back? She should have told her, "Look, I'm not the skank who cheated on my husband".
I have my own theory as to why Nicole doesn't go back:

1) Nicole knows she has screwed up in her past and won't stoop to Sami's level.

2) There's so much to go back at her WITH where to start. After all, there's only so many minutes for the show. I mean, just the fact that she's marrying her rapist is enough for week's worth of dialogue.
The argument about Sami and Nicole: who is worse is so old, lol.

They are both slutty; Nicole is no worse than Sami who is no better than Nicole. ;)

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

The Chloe stuff would have made more sense if it went on much longer (not that I wanted it to). One day she is scheming to get Daniel and threatening to keep Parker away, and the very next day she is sorry and leaving Parker with him? It doesn't make any sense. That said, I am glad the storyline is over. It sucked from the start.

The shit with the envelope is driving me nuts. Somebody, anybody, just OPEN IT.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Angie79
Apr 16 2013, 09:34 PM
The Chloe stuff would have made more sense if it went on much longer (not that I wanted it to). One day she is scheming to get Daniel and threatening to keep Parker away, and the very next day she is sorry and leaving Parker with him? It doesn't make any sense. That said, I am glad the storyline is over. It sucked from the start.

It really sort of feels like Tomsell wanted this story to go on further but NB decided to just end her run and they had to end the story right? at least that is what it feels like to me....so the second part of the story will happen soon...when JJ comes to town in a few weeks...it does really seem that if not for NB leaving, Chloe would have been around causing more trouble and JJ wouldn't have arrived now.

Romancer66

LuvingLumi
Apr 16 2013, 09:41 PM
Angie79

It really sort of feels like Tomsell wanted this story to go on further but NB decided to just end her run and they had to end the story right? at least that is what it feels like to me....so the second part of the story will happen soon...when JJ comes to town in a few weeks...it does really seem that if not for NB leaving, Chloe would have been around causing more trouble and JJ wouldn't have arrived now.
NB keeping her stint short and not extending it is probably why Anne is sticking around longer to make Jen-Jen's life hell. JJ will probably come on further down the road to give Fetch trouble on two fronts.

As nonsensical and offensive as this storyline has been, I'm not sorry to see it end. And if NB's determination to leave before Chloe was damaged further screwed the pooch for TomSell's long-range plans, I'm not sorry for that either. The writing/characterization has been one-sided, manipulative, heavy-handed, and just plain bad.

jb1183

The next few weeks are going to be make or break for me. Between Fetch being handed Phloe's son to have an instant family and Sami getting a "romantic" proposal from her rapist, I'm finding it difficult to watch these "days" without yelling at the screen.

lysie
Member Avatar

I only watched the Marlena scenes. Because that's all I wanted to watch.
A. Marlena has new gloves.
B. What are the odds that Marlena walked in right as he called her?
C. I actually really liked the Marlena/Brady scenes.
D. HE MENTIONED THE PENTHOUSE!

I watched everything else as I FF'd. A few observations. EJ's early scenes were annoying even in FF. It was like I was back at Grandpa Shawn's wake. That Parker sure is resilient. Look, I'm not all up in arms about Chloe leaving him with Daniel, but I also had no desire to watch her do it. Stefano's tie was even ugly at super speed. I'm really surprised the show didn't end on the proposal. Like, I almost missed the last scene because I just assumed the show was over.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Poor Parker is going to develop juvenile diabetes with all the Dannifer sweetness he'll be surrounded with.

Somebody open the goddamn envelope!!!

Stefano's disappointment in Kristen's inability to take care of her business was delightful despite his tie.

Boo for Chloe. Double boo in fact.

Oh EJ, you reserve the pub for lunch and sit at the shittiest table, serve Merlot with chowder which looked conspicuously like stroganoff and layed out the most generic sentimental proposal ever. Triple boo.

It would be nice if TomSell would let the audience in on what the hell is going on with John because it really makes NO sense.

Marlena's tear when talking to Brady was fabulous.
Edited by mer4santo, Apr 16 2013, 10:33 PM.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Apr 16 2013, 10:31 PM
Oh EJ, you reserve the pub for lunch and sit at the shittiest table, serve Merlot with chowder which looked conspicuously like stroganoff and layed out the most generic sentimental proposal ever. Triple boo.
C'mon Mer, this was just the opening proposal. It sounds like he's going to be proposing all day tomorrow.

bomber
Member Avatar

Romancer66
Apr 16 2013, 09:51 PM
LuvingLumi
Apr 16 2013, 09:41 PM
Angie79

NB keeping her stint short and not extending it is probably why Anne is sticking around longer to make Jen-Jen's life hell. JJ will probably come on further down the road to give Fetch trouble on two fronts.

As nonsensical and offensive as this storyline has been, I'm not sorry to see it end. And if NB's determination to leave before Chloe was damaged further screwed the pooch for TomSell's long-range plans, I'm not sorry for that either. The writing/characterization has been one-sided, manipulative, heavy-handed, and just plain bad.
I'm guessing Jj will be on pretty soon. The photo of that old guy's birthday had both NB and the actor we assume is JJ in it so he must have been at least rehearsing before NB left.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Apr 16 2013, 10:36 PM
mer4santo
Apr 16 2013, 10:31 PM
C'mon Mer, this was just the opening proposal. It sounds like he's going to be proposing all day tomorrow.
Exactly. He has plenty of shmoopy, teary eyed proposing left in him. I can't freakin' wait! :chee: I have my tissues ready!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply