Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
AMC: new season preview
Topic Started: Apr 16 2013, 12:46 PM (1,538 Views)
dragonflies
Member Avatar

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

taylore
Member Avatar

David and Cara OMG!!!!!!! i flove them,can't wait.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Pretty stuff.

eyebrowns

Lots of on location stuff~ It looks good!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Cady McClain actually posted a video of the younger set watching the promo video for the first time.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

Awww, looks like Erica Kane died :(

Edited by Actor87, Apr 16 2013, 02:53 PM.

dragonflies
Member Avatar

no Erica didn't die, has to be Marissa since David is going to the same grave

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Matt
Apr 16 2013, 02:23 PM
Cady McClain actually posted a video of the younger set watching the promo video for the first time.

That was cute. Looks like these shows are starting out with a good mix of vets and glamour puss young people. AMC has more holes in the returnee group. But they still have some familiar faces and both shows have some beautiful production values and the clips are intriguing.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I've said this many times before, but AMC needed to be fully rebooted. That show was a hot damn mess for years. I love the core that they have...of course there are some people missing that I would love to see, but I think more people will be stopping in and sticking around after a time.

Clearly Marissa is dead and I think this is the best decision they could have made. It has by far the most drama possible. I loved the scene of Bianca going after JR. I wonder if he will have amnesia or something after being in a coma for so many years. I mean how can he be redeemed? I don't remember was he aiming for Bianca or Marissa at the end of the old AMC?

David and Cara were the absolute BEST thing about AMC at the end for me, personally, so I couldn't be happy to see them being a major focal point in this short preview. They are so hot together and two great actors. I got goosebumps at the end when David said, "Now I'm back and there's going to be Hell to pay." He's my favorite AMC character!

I almost thought Stuart was there because of the scene with Dixie hugging Adam, but I'm guessing they are at JR's bedside when he wakes up. Weird to see them so warm with each other. Cannot WAIT to see Adam and Brooke :). I'm going to miss Tad most of all, I believe. But I do think Michael E. Knight will hop on board once he realize that this is all going to work out.

The bad guys actually look menacing and REALLY bad, unlike anything on any of the daytime soaps right now. The bad guys are always so damn corny. I am loving the new people already. I'm instantly interested in this Celia person as soon as I see the scene where she looks in the mirror and sees a guy behind her (Her dad?) Very interesting. NuMiranda has looked like a STAR to me since the first time I saw her and this clip makes her look even better. The Miranda/AJ dynamic should be interesting.

Can't wait to see Jesse and Zach teaming up to take these bad guys down and find Jesse's daughter. Really can't think of her name right now for some odd reason. And I love the new theme song. Its really good and therefore automatically better than whatever Snoop comes up with for OLTL. All in all I could NOT be more excited and really saw nothing for me to complain about...yet. Is it April 29th yet??

KMan101
Member Avatar

I think both shows did an excellent job casting the younger crowd.

Love that preview.

I love how different OLTL and AMC feel. They have their own tones and I think both tones fit the shows wonderfully.

IDK about that song as the theme song (which Jordan Lane Price confirmed on Twitter) but I like it for the preview.

Nate
Member Avatar

Did that one guy say this blows One Life to Live? LMAO!!!

I love these promos! Damn AMC/OLTL is gonna be amazing! I hope they find a cable network for the US too. Soaps are back!

Is it just me or does it seem like PP has a better budget than than the big three's soaps.
Edited by Nate, Apr 16 2013, 05:58 PM.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

It looks ok but oltl's promo looks way better and exciting.

Cupcake06

So exciting! :D

Tammy
Member Avatar

Other then Pete (Who is FINE) and Miranda I have no clue who those younger people are lol.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

The blonde guy is AJ, JR's son with Marissa. The girl Celia is new. The guy that AJ punches and who Miranda flirts with is Hunter, but I think he's just recurring or only a few episodes.

Really don't think you can compare the two shows, but OLTL doesn't LOOK better as in quality wise. Story wise they aren't on the same wave length. OLTL is a straight continuation of the show that went off the air. AMC is a true reboot. I love the looks of both so far.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Apr 16 2013, 08:58 PM
The blonde guy is AJ, JR's son with Marissa. The girl Celia is new. The guy that AJ punches and who Miranda flirts with is Hunter, but I think he's just recurring or only a few episodes.
AJ is JR's son with Babe, not Marissa ;-).

I think Hunter will be heavily recurring. The actor is still taping.

nightfan

Nate
Apr 16 2013, 05:57 PM
Did that one guy say this blows One Life to Live? LMAO!!!

I love these promos! Damn AMC/OLTL is gonna be amazing! I hope they find a cable network for the US too. Soaps are back!

Is it just me or does it seem like PP has a better budget than than the big three's soaps.
Regarding budget: It's definitely not just you. The production values for Days are laughable compared to new oltl and new amc.
I keep wondering how Days can afford to pay thousands of dollars per episode for each actor but can't simply staple together new office sets for different characters, or even beg for donations or do product placements in some way to make the show look better. it just doesn't make sense!

I was expecting OLTL and AMC to look a step above homemade soaps on youtube but that wasn't the case. These shows look better than anything on the networks. it's not even debatable.

nightfan

Speaking of which: can the next DR interview be with Prospect Park/ i need to know how they can afford all this. all the new sets. the location shoots. and then the salaries for the talent. the money just doesn't make sense, especially for an online venture that'll never see an hdtv.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Apr 16 2013, 08:58 PM

Really don't think you can compare the two shows, but OLTL doesn't LOOK better as in quality wise. Story wise they aren't on the same wave length. OLTL is a straight continuation of the show that went off the air. AMC is a true reboot. I love the looks of both so far.
JR had a son with Marissa? Who the hell is Marissa?(seriously.im drawing a blank) You mean Babe?
Edited by EJ_SamiFF, Apr 16 2013, 09:36 PM.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I have often wondered how they make money off of this lol. I mean yes you have sponsors who will pay to place ads for the comercials on Hulu ( I wonder if Hoover will be one lol). And you will have people pay to download the shows on iTunes.

But I just mean WoW how to they make money to: Pay actors & Crew & Writing team, build sets, rent the studio space, and then don't they have to pay something to ABC as well?

I just don't get it lol. :shrug:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply