Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, April 17th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 17 2013, 07:09 AM (11,749 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Ahhhhh...Lucas, Kate and Victor!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Deborah Adair's Kate Roberts is like a completely different character than Lauren Koslow's. The only thing they have in common is a backstory & a name. I remember when it was announced that Koslow was bringing Kate back to the show as a recast. For me it was a BIG ol' WTF because I simply could NOT see her playing Kate or replacing DA AT ALL.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 17 2013, 07:51 AM
Deborah Adair's Kate Roberts is like a completely different character than Lauren Koslow's. The only thing they have in common is a backstory & a name. I remember when it was announced that Koslow was bringing Kate back to the show as a recast. For me it was a BIG ol' WTF because I simply could NOT see her playing Kate or replacing DA AT ALL.
Also: Deb Adair's Kate was awesome. This Kate is not.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

Loved DA's Kate Roberts. She was instantly enjoyable to me and I hated the idea of a recast way back then but Lauren Koslow grew on me. Agreed the character is shockingly different but I love me some Kate anyway. There's so much to do with her but we know how these writers can be.

chinkybig

I loved DA's Kate's scenes with Jack Deveraux when she offered him a business proposition about the Spectator. Good times

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

The Room Stops
Apr 17 2013, 09:35 AM
Matt
Apr 17 2013, 07:51 AM
Also: Deb Adair's Kate was awesome. This Kate is not.
I disagree big time on that!

Deborah Adair's Kate was awesome...there is no denying that...but Koslow's Kate has been just as entertaining for me over the years...even more so.

I think if I had to pick, i would pick Koslow's Kate....I like her as a more villainey black widow type character.

Adair's Kate has no cajones.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Oh and I just wanted to add that I look forward more to Lysie's daily picture, then the show itself.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

The thing I loved about Deborah Adair's Kate was that she had such a rootability & she was written as the heroine of her stories. Yes, she could be a bitch, but that bitchiness was born of a toughness caused by past mistakes, tragedy, and loss she was forced to overcome to become both a professional and personal success. Koslow's Kate has always played (at least for me) more as an aging sex kitten and OTT diva bitch. Adair's Kate often played as the normal, relatable person in a world of crazy while Koslow's Kate could often be just as crazy and OTT as the world she was in.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 17 2013, 10:53 AM
The thing I loved about Deborah Adair's Kate was that she had such a rootability & she was written as the heroine of her stories. Yes, she could be a bitch, but that bitchiness was born of a toughness caused by past mistakes, tragedy, and loss she was forced to overcome to become both a professional and personal success. Koslow's Kate has always played (at least for me) more as an aging sex kitten and OTT diva bitch. Adair's Kate often played as the normal, relatable person in a world of crazy while Koslow's Kate could often be just as crazy and OTT as the world she was in.
Aaaand that's why I loved her.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Aw. Everett & Sami look so cute.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Gotta love how Gabi is 75 months pregnant but her boobs are still the same size. lol

LovingDays

glad lucas in on :)

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Pop-Up Lucas

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I hate when Kate gets all sobby & weapy because it makes me want to punch her in the face.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I love having the incriminating envelope floating around unopened for a week. That's SO old-school DAYS for me!

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Man, lots of action on today's show again... EJ/Sami, Rafe/Gabi, Lucas/Kate, Sy/Stefano, Brady/Marlena/Hope, and Kristen/John all on-screen.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

i kinda wish Hope wasn't in this episode, cause then i could just not watch the EJami hour. The saving grace for those of us that aren't gaga over them is that Lucas is around for a few one-liners in their direction.

LovingDays

hallelujah!!!!!!!!! No Dannifer

cockymom
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 17 2013, 12:02 PM
Gotta love how Gabi is 75 months pregnant but her boobs are still the same size. lol
Some of us aren't so lucky in that department. Mine didn't grow a bit during 3 pregnancies!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply