Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, April 17th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 17 2013, 07:09 AM (11,736 Views)
camera shy

AFaithL
Apr 17 2013, 06:02 PM
jb1183
Apr 17 2013, 05:55 PM
To each their own, but Ejami is revolting to me. To even try and suggest that EJ has treated her/treats her better than Lucas or Rafe is difficult for me to swallow given the vile things he has done to her and her loved ones. Him walking around and trying to channel Hugh Grant isn't going to change that. Ejami could have all the chemistry in the world and I still could never climb on board that ship.

But, as far as I'm concerned, Ejami pales in comparison in every way to Lumi. I was thinking today of the wonderful scenes where Sami tells Lucas about the rape. So much more powerful and so much more depth and connection than this incredibly forced shit between Ejami the last few months.

I miss these two together so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRN7XpsL5dE
The reason why EJami are together is one reason: they have a HUGE fanbase that dwarfs EJ's other pairings and Sami's other pairings. Otherwise, they wouldn't be written as a rooting couple. God knows, they tried out other stuff.
They aren't a rooting couple. A rooting couple has other characters on the show rooting for them. We have everyone under sun rooting for Dannifer even people who were once trying to destory them have been won over by their love. Who on this show has rooted for Ejami lately? And on this show if you have other characters saying that a couple won't survie then they won't.
Edited by camera shy, Apr 17 2013, 08:52 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

camera shy
Apr 17 2013, 08:49 PM
AFaithL
Apr 17 2013, 06:02 PM
jb1183
Apr 17 2013, 05:55 PM
To each their own, but Ejami is revolting to me. To even try and suggest that EJ has treated her/treats her better than Lucas or Rafe is difficult for me to swallow given the vile things he has done to her and her loved ones. Him walking around and trying to channel Hugh Grant isn't going to change that. Ejami could have all the chemistry in the world and I still could never climb on board that ship.

But, as far as I'm concerned, Ejami pales in comparison in every way to Lumi. I was thinking today of the wonderful scenes where Sami tells Lucas about the rape. So much more powerful and so much more depth and connection than this incredibly forced shit between Ejami the last few months.

I miss these two together so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRN7XpsL5dE
The reason why EJami are together is one reason: they have a HUGE fanbase that dwarfs EJ's other pairings and Sami's other pairings. Otherwise, they wouldn't be written as a rooting couple. God knows, they tried out other stuff.
They aren't a rooting couple. A rooting couple has other characters on the show rooting for them. We have everyone under sun rooting for Dannifer even people who were once trying to destory them have been won over by their love. Who on this show has rooted for Ejami lately? And on this show if you have other characters saying that a couple won't survie then they won't.
also, many couples have been together and promoted heavily who quote unquote don't have large fanbases that supposedly dwarf their other pairings. Personally, I think it's highly obvious they don't pay attention to what the audience wants. They want to tell us what we want instead, which doesn't work, imho.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Hallelujah! For the first time since Tuesday, March 26 - a whopping 16 episodes ago - Chloe, Daniel or Jennifer were not on my screen! I didn't FF a single scene today, either. It was like a long, cool rain shower on a hot, summer day. Even more remarkably, I actually liked the show today. This show might be able to regain its footing if it will keep Jennifer and Daniel off screen.

I know the EJ and Sami fans are all abuzz after today; but I thought Lucas was hysterical today, especially about them having a wedding planner on retainer. A little truth is always a good thing.

I have no idea why, but Gabi was actually enjoyable today. I would like to see more of this version of Gabi instead of the helpless dimwit that has occupied her body for the past several months. Anybody who is willing to call out Rafe on his crap is A-OK in my book.

marie1969

today was such a great show that I have decided to come out of lurking and post or the first time lol.

I can not believe Ejami trended today. Not a shipper, but i am enjoying them more and more. The engagement was sweet and heartfelt. When Sami talked about her insecurities and not ever being loved for who she truly is. my heart broke for her. as an old school sami fan, I thought that was dead on. Ej, with all his flaws and and he has many lol, I always thought he loves the real sami warts and all. I miss the romance in the show and I am really enjoying the Ejami story and the potential of ericole.

It seems Kristen is going to be busted anytime now. the walls are closing in on her. when kristen house of cards falls apart, she is going to be one dangerous Dimera. I think brady saw the picture and will not say anything to Kristen because he will want to beat her at her own game. that would be nice twist.

I like Lucas, but he sounded bitter and jealous the way he spoke to sami. I mean they are supposed to be friends why so nasty and hateful. I know Sami did a number on him, but he needs to move. i hope he finds love. he deserves it. Lucas needs a story instead of being the lonely bitter ex. BD deserves better than that.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

marie1969
Apr 17 2013, 09:06 PM
today was such a great show that I have decided to come out of lurking and post or the first time lol.

I can not believe Ejami trended today. Not a shipper, but i am enjoying them more and more. The engagement was sweet and heartfelt. When Sami talked about her insecurities and not ever being loved for who she truly is. my heart broke for her. as an old school sami fan, I thought that was dead on. Ej, with all his flaws and and he has many lol, I always thought he loves the real sami warts and all. I miss the romance in the show and I am really enjoying the Ejami story and the potential of ericole.

It seems Kristen is going to be busted anytime now. the walls are closing in on her. when kristen house of cards falls apart, she is going to be one dangerous Dimera. I think brady saw the picture and will not say anything to Kristen because he will want to beat her at her own game. that would be nice twist.

I like Lucas, but he sounded bitter and jealous the way he spoke to sami. I mean they are supposed to be friends why so nasty and hateful. I know Sami did a number on him, but he needs to move. i hope he finds love. he deserves it. Lucas needs a story instead of being the lonely bitter ex. BD deserves better than that.

Hi, Marie, glad you finally came out of lurking, however, I don't agree with you about EJAMI. IMO EJ doesn't love Sami unconditionally. Lucas
is the only man that loves her in that way.

I agree that Kristen is gonna be busted soon, I'm hoping Brady will go ballastic on her. I want the dangerous Kiriakis side of him to come out.
That would scare the hell out of her he wouldn't b the easy going Brady she could control-- he'd be a force to be reckoned
with.

marie1969

soapsudz
Apr 17 2013, 09:20 PM
marie1969
Apr 17 2013, 09:06 PM

Hi, Marie, glad you finally came out of lurking, however, I don't agree with you about EJAMI. IMO EJ doesn't love Sami unconditionally. Lucas
is the only man that loves her in that way.

I agree that Kristen is gonna be busted soon, I'm hoping Brady will go ballastic on her. I want the dangerous Kiriakis side of him to come out.
That would scare the hell out of her he wouldn't b the easy going Brady she could control-- he'd be a force to be reckoned
with.
Thanks for the warm welcome. :D ITA. Brady has a dark side that kristen has yet to see. she has really underestimate him. I can not wait for badass Brady badass Kristen to meet. all kind of fun LOL.

something tells me I am going to enjoy this board.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

I know the show wants us all to believe that no man has ever loved the 'real Sami' but Ej.....come again show? You know I saw a man that hated Sami with a passion but STILL did good things on occasion to benefit HER during those hateful filled years and that was Lucas, in contrast I saw Ej try to derail Sami's happiness at every given turn for all those years and with some pretty disgusting, hurtful and vile ways too. With Lucas, I saw a man that hated the fact that he lost his friend to the hate and tried to find some kind of common ground with this woman who would constantly try to fuck him over and take him out of his child's life. With Ej, I saw Sami do absolutely nothing to him and I saw him try to create stress at every turn with her.....what kind of man would love a woman and try to make her purposely think that he was injecting a solution into her veins that could potentially harm her unborn children. With Lucas, I saw a man that hated himself for keeping quiet after he found out about what his mother had done to Sami, to a point that he was constantly drunk. I saw a man that hated himself for poisoning Sami and later gave her mouth to mouth because he 'didn't want to lose her' (his words). With Lucas I saw a man that helped Sami live right after their helicopter crashed and she had just refused to sign joint custody paperwork for their son. Before all the hate I saw a man that did nothing but back Sami's crazy stupid schemes and sure he had something to gain from them but he still stood by her while everyone in Salem hated her for what she did, it wasn't until she betrayed him and lied about him abusing Will that the tables were turned. After they fell in love I saw a man that did NOTHING to hurt Sami, AT ALL.....he loved her and was there for her and sure they had their ups and downs mainly based on their trust issues but I didn't see him do half of the very vile things that Ej has done to Sami. I believe the ONLY man to truly accept Sami knowing exactly who she is and love her unconditionally is Lucas.....and no I don't believe for a second that you just go sit back and 'accept' all the shit she does and that just proves your love for her.....mainly because the true version of Sami hates herself when she's behaving that way, she's miserable, she's said it many times and the true love of Sami's life would never want her to hurt that way and she became a better person through Lucas' love.....simple as that.....he'd also stop all the shit he does to her, Lucas ended it but Ej kept going for years.......and maybe that is the story they are trying to tell now with Ejami...but I will never be convinced that a man that has done everything he's done to Sami loves her and has always loved her....that's just BS.....and someone said up thread that Sami has forgiven Lucas for death row and that is why she doesn't mention it...that's not true...she mentions it...she mentioned it when she was trying to defend her stance on helping Ej prove his innocence last summer and she told Lucas she knew what it was like being framed and almost dying as a result....so she's said it.....and that's what I need on my soap...not swept under the rug, whitewashed bullshit, I want dialogue, I want dealing with it...I want them to come to grips with how badly what they've done to one another hurt them and those they love. Sorry but I can never accept this Sami that just says that she hasn't had any man to ever love her for who she is.....and look in the eyes of a man that has done so much harm to her and her family and just say yes as if she's just won the lottery. Sami had rootable qualities once upon a time but not any longer....she's so far gone she might as well be six feet under....

Sami's insecurities stem from her OWN issues, no man has made her insecure more than whatever she does to herself.....

lysie
Member Avatar

Today I watched Hope/Marlena/Brady, Hope/Marlena, and Lucas/Kate. But I have nothing to say about them. I'm slightly disappointed that I missed the final Hope scene, so I may look for it one day. Aside from that, there are some cute dresses on sale at Horton Town Square. And I hated Stefano's shirt/tie combo even more in FF today than yesterday.

Sparrow

I mean, c'mon. The "real" Sami was kind of a shitty person. All these people who loved her conditionally and tried to change her... well, yeah. She was a hateful, lying, drugging, blackmailing, bitter, sad, angry, traitorous, treacherous criminal. Anyone who didn't want to change her wanted to use her to do their dirty work. In order to convince people that she was worthy of love and forgiveness, she had to convince them that she had changed. And then she was sort of smug about how she had changed. But now she's insecure about the people who wanted to change her? And only EJ appreciates her for who she is? Well, alright I guess. Knock yourself out, sister.

Jason47
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Apr 17 2013, 03:14 PM
Who wrote today's episode??

Janet Iacobuzio.

lysie
Member Avatar

Jason47
Apr 17 2013, 10:10 PM
SoapGal1
Apr 17 2013, 03:14 PM
Who wrote today's episode??

Janet Iacobuzio.
That explains why the scenes I watched were boring as hell.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Sparrow
Apr 17 2013, 09:59 PM
I mean, c'mon. The "real" Sami was kind of a shitty person. All these people who loved her conditionally and tried to change her... well, yeah. She was a hateful, lying, drugging, blackmailing, bitter, sad, angry, traitorous, treacherous criminal. Anyone who didn't want to change her wanted to use her to do their dirty work. In order to convince people that she was worthy of love and forgiveness, she had to convince them that she had changed. And then she was sort of smug about how she had changed. But now she's insecure about the people who wanted to change her? And only EJ appreciates her for who she is? Well, alright I guess. Knock yourself out, sister.
that's why I'm saying her 'insecurities' thing makes no sense....you were insecure because of how YOU behaved not anything anyone else did first.....admit that and she'll be fine....I get that insecurity shit if she was still a teenager and she didn't have her harem of men sniffing her vagina left and right...let's be real here...if she's still insecure and she has 3 fucking men around her like moons all the time then she's got a HUGE problem and it's nothing that any man can solve.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

You know, I'm not entirely sure what it means that they gave Everett & Sami's engagement episodes to Jeanne Marie Ford & Janet Iacobuzio to write -- 2 of the show's weaker script writers. You can only imagine how the episodes would've played if one of the Cullitons or Melissa Salmons had written them.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 17 2013, 10:28 PM
You know, I'm not entirely sure what it means that they gave Everett & Sami's engagement episodes to Jeanne Marie Ford & Janet Iacobuzio to write -- 2 of the show's weaker script writers. You can only imagine how the episodes would've played if one of the Cullitons or Melissa Salmons had written them.
I think the fact that they didn't even give them a happy afternoon and had Lucas confront them immediately tells you what they're thinking, lol.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Ah ha! I KNEW there was another reason why I remembered Les Brandt's name other than from being on AW. Someone correct me if I'm wrong (and I very well may have him confused with another soap actor) but didn't he make news roughly a decade ago for signing up with the first all-male brothel in Nevada that catered to women? I could've sworn it was big news at the time (especially since he had actual acting credentials and was somewhat of a "name").....

Yep. Found a TV Guide article about it. Heidi Fleiss was running it.

http://www.tvguide.com/celebrities/les-brandt/news/252497

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 17 2013, 10:28 PM
Quit making me sad. What could've been. :'(

Really though, I think a proposal has to be one of the easier things to write. They're mostly just uber romantic schlock, which is soap writing 101. And the words in the Ejami proposal weren't anything special for sure. It was the intense emotion that AS and JS put into the scenes that made them memorable to me.

On a related note, how nice was it that the show actually allowed a loooong scene (over 5 minutes!) to play out when Sami was working through her acceptance of the proposal? They actually let the emotion build and didn't splice it up 88 times. I really appreciated that. And I'm sure the anti-Ejami folks did too as it made FFing easier, LOL.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

The best part of today's show was Lucas.

uclan
Member Avatar

I just can't take Ejami seriously. Mostly cause I become fixated on EJ's ears anytime he gets a close up. I swear he got his ears cropped to make them look like elf ears. They are rather pointy. And snogging slobbering Sami turns me off. I find their relationship unbelievable cause I can't push aside or forget their history. I don't believe in their love and I don't believe they do either

Nick and Vargas muy intersante. A twinge of compassion in their conversation.
I like Kate and Rafe...
I like seeing the vets and miss stories about them. I have never been a Sammi fan but I did like the stories in her younger days. I rooted for the other guy.

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

Well I loved today's epi, shocking news I know. James just sells it for me whenever EJ talks about his love for Sami. Yes there have been times when it wasn't obvious, but it always seemed that whenever EJ lashed out at Sami in the past it was because he was somehow denied the chance to be with her and had poor coping skills. Anyway, emotional EJ always gets to me, and I was pleasantly surprised that Ali managed to get to that emotional place as well. Nice to bring up Sami's many insecurities during the scene as well. Her relationship with Carrie and constantly feeling inferior in comparison is a huge part of who Sami is, so I was glad to see it incorporated somehow. Lucas showing up was rather jarring, but at least he got to say his piece and leave. Sami in the past would have been haunted by his words and believe that she wouldn't manage to make this relationship work, but it seemed that Sami got over Lucas' bitterness in record time.

LOVED the brief flashback with John and Kristen! God I used to love them back in the day.

Poker Face
Member Avatar
DraDeeDOESitBETTER best couple on DAYS

Ejami proposal was fucking sweet and perfect! Glad Sami said YES! and when they made love, so hot. Then they reminisced about their first meeting. :')

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply