Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, April 17th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 17 2013, 07:09 AM (11,559 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

six
Apr 18 2013, 08:35 AM
It would really kill the "forbidden love that no one else understands" angle if other characters were shipping Ejami. Fortunately, the Days gives Ejami enough off show promotion to make it clear that they're invested in them.
That angle was killed years ago.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

That's clearly the direction they've decided to go with, though.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Apr 18 2013, 09:00 AM
Well, I'm not watching so I won't fight you too much but I've seen and heard nothing that even remotely relates to "forbidden." I've seen it with bristen but not ejami.

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 18 2013, 09:07 AM
six
Well, I'm not watching so I won't fight you too much but I've seen and heard nothing that even remotely relates to "forbidden." I've seen it with bristen but not ejami.
Right now Ejami is in their honeymoon phase, and apparently Marlena can only focus on actively trying to destroy one relationship at a time and Ejami has been on the backburner, but they've laid the groundwork for the FL angle by having nearly all of Sami's relatives disapprove, Lucas threaten to take Allie, etc. Those things will probably come into play later on.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Apr 18 2013, 09:16 AM
lysie
six
Right now Ejami is in their honeymoon phase, and apparently Marlena can only focus on actively trying to destroy one relationship at a time and Ejami has been on the backburner, but they've laid the groundwork for the FL angle by having nearly all of Sami's relatives disapprove, Lucas threaten to take Allie, etc. Those things will probably come into play later on.
Nah.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Well, it should come as no shock to anyone here that I loved the Ejami proposal yesterday.

It only saddens my heart that it could've been even better if Salmons or the Cullitons had wrote it, but Janet did some decent work & AS actually emoted some real tears & JS was well, just JS so it was all good.

I see the role of c*ckblocker is now being played by Lucas. Me thinks he does protest too much. I'm thinking its not Rafe who isn't over Sami, but him. Either way, I can laugh at Lucas' jabs, he doesn't come off near as douchey as Rafe.

Ole crazy eyes was back in the house today looking crazier than ever.

Did anyone else notice Gabi's ears?? My lord, she was giving Dumbo a run for his money.

Me no likey whimpy Marlena. My gawd woman, you wrecked havoc on a whole town. Go take care of business & quit wiping your tears with THOSE DAMN BLUE GLOVES!!

Can I just get a HALLELUJAH that Fetch was no where in sight yesterday??

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 18 2013, 09:22 AM
six
lysie
six
Nah.
You need to start watching so you can form real arguments.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

camera shy
Apr 18 2013, 08:23 AM
camera shy
Apr 17 2013, 08:49 PM
AFaithL
Apr 17 2013, 06:02 PM
jb1183
Apr 17 2013, 05:55 PM
To each their own, but Ejami is revolting to me. To even try and suggest that EJ has treated her/treats her better than Lucas or Rafe is difficult for me to swallow given the vile things he has done to her and her loved ones. Him walking around and trying to channel Hugh Grant isn't going to change that. Ejami could have all the chemistry in the world and I still could never climb on board that ship.

But, as far as I'm concerned, Ejami pales in comparison in every way to Lumi. I was thinking today of the wonderful scenes where Sami tells Lucas about the rape. So much more powerful and so much more depth and connection than this incredibly forced shit between Ejami the last few months.

I miss these two together so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRN7XpsL5dE
The reason why EJami are together is one reason: they have a HUGE fanbase that dwarfs EJ's other pairings and Sami's other pairings. Otherwise, they wouldn't be written as a rooting couple. God knows, they tried out other stuff.
They aren't a rooting couple. A rooting couple has other characters on the show rooting for them. We have everyone under sun rooting for Dannifer even people who were once trying to destory them have been won over by their love. Who on this show has rooted for Ejami lately? And on this show if you have other characters saying that a couple won't survie then they won't.
I just wanted to add that under MarDar, Ejami were written as a rooting couple, for a short period of time. We had Kate telling Lucas that EJ was Sami's son and Lucas telling Sami that she was in love with EJ and Rafe telling Sami that whatever it was between her and EJ it would never be over. And then we they finally decide to go LSB with them, they aren't written as a a rooting couple. The other day, with Caroline and EJ, they could have so easily had Caroline say she saw how much EJ loves Sami so she was willing to give him a chance, but they chose otherwise. And Ejami didn't have to run into Lucas right after the proposal, but they did. I think Tomlin sort of leaves it up in the air where he's going with Ejami and he doesn't do that with Dannifer. I meant to say Kate said EJ was Sami's sun lol.
I'm thrilled that EJami are not being written in what you describe as a 'rooting couple' sort of way. I've had my fill and then some of being water boarded with just how much I'm supposed to be rooting for Dannifer, thank you very much. And even under MarDar we had Bradison and the adorkable segways. *shudder* So yeah...I'll pass on any of that.

A huge part of the appeal with EJami (for me) is the fact that they don't have everyone and their mother/brother/cousin singing their praises and hailing them to the masses. I didn't like the sound of it when they initially talked about keeping their relationship quiet after they reunited because I love that they just don't really give a shit what anyone else thinks. THAT is what I needed to see to know that Sami is all in this time - she's not hiding from anyone, including herself.

And as far as the proposal goes - as huge an EJami fan as I've always been - I was stunned at how moved I was by it. It's not like this was the first rodeo and even though I loved much of the fishing hat, 2010 proposal this one was just so well done. AS really sold me on Sami's hesitancy due to her own insecurities. I loved the way JS played his reaction to that - completely caught off guard that she didn't honestly understand that she hung the moon as far as he's concerned. I loved the line where EJ sincerely asks her is he's honestly been such a failure at conveying his feelings for her. :wub: I was a goopy mess watching it last night and it was hours after I'd read the play by play and had a solid idea of what to expect. It was great. And I absolutely LOVED their pillow talk about their first meeting...so sexy, funny and sweet at the same time. GAH!!! I love these two!!! :$

Admittedly I was so overwhelmed by the EJami stuff that I didn't give anything else any thought or attention whatsoever...so I'll have to go back and rewatch the whole show to see what I was too overcome to take in.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

six
Apr 18 2013, 09:34 AM
lysie
six
lysie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Nah.
Umm, not that I agree with Lysie, but as a frequent user of the "Nah" argument, I believe it is real.

And quite persuasive.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

SoapGal1
Apr 18 2013, 09:31 AM
Well, it should come as no shock to anyone here that I loved the Ejami proposal yesterday.

It only saddens my heart that it could've been even better if Salmons or the Cullitons had wrote it, but Janet did some decent work & AS actually emoted some real tears & JS was well, just JS so it was all good.

I see the role of c*ckblocker is now being played by Lucas. Me thinks he does protest too much. I'm thinking its not Rafe who isn't over Sami, but him. Either way, I can laugh at Lucas' jabs, he doesn't come off near as douchey as Rafe.

Ole crazy eyes was back in the house today looking crazier than ever.

Did anyone else notice Gabi's ears?? My lord, she was giving Dumbo a run for his money.

Me no likey whimpy Marlena. My gawd woman, you wrecked havoc on a whole town. Go take care of business & quit wiping your tears with THOSE DAMN BLUE GLOVES!!

Can I just get a HALLELUJAH that Fetch was no where in sight yesterday??
Hallelujah for NO FETCH yesterday!

Today is supposed to be a WilSon day!

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Apr 18 2013, 09:34 AM
lysie
six
lysie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Nah.
Watching doesn't seem to help you. ;)

I don't think either of those things sound like groundwork for anything. But I've never thought ejami worked from a forbidden angle. They're too old for that anyway (as are bristen). Twice in seven years it has briefly seemed like that was the angle they were going to take but it never really went anywhere. I certainly don't think it's there now since they have no conflict at all. Obviously that could change and probably will soon. At this point, and I suspect as long as TomSell is writing, they're just another generic soap couple. They're obviously never going to get the kind of story that I would like for them anyway so eh.

If anything interesting ever happens again, I'll watch again. Doesn't seem like it will be any time in the next few weeks, though.

nightfan

PatNS
Apr 17 2013, 01:51 PM
All in all it was a pretty good episode today except for Sami and EJ who always drag the show down for me. Although they were also a part of the best moments of the show - Lucas treating the two of them to a few home truths! That was beautiful ... WTG Lucas!!!!

I don't think Vargas and Nick are into drug trafficking. The way they were talking I got more of an 'insider trading / stock' vibe ... of course I could be completely off base. And I also don't think there was anything sexual between Vargas and Ncik ... Vargas did protect him for a price but sex wasn't the currency. Vargas was dead on about Nick sounding desperate about the family thing. I can't wait to find out what happened to him in prison that caused Nick to act this way.

It was so nice to see Brady being civil to Marlena - it's been such a long time since that happened that it was like a breath of fresh air.

And that Ciara is such a cutie ... always enjoy seeing her in Salem!

And I hate the unanswered questions we were left with ... What did Stefano do to Sy? And did Brady actually pull that picture out of the envelope or not!
I hope you're wrong. There's only high-stakes drama, and saving grace for Nick for his treatment of Will and Sonny, if he and Vargas did have a sexual relationship.

Somehow, I want to have my cake and eat it, too, though. Because I want Vargas redeemed and with Nicole, and for Fr. Eric to leave town or stay a priest and watch what he could have had.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Ok, EJami scenes were topnotch as always, Ali and James did a damn good job here. And I expect to see a wedding in the near future with these two. The dialogue was actually good.

nightfan

Just want to re-iterate, in case the show's producers see this: I need, repeat, need, to see Vagas and Nick in flashbacks confirming they had a sexual relationship. That complicated nature of the story is what hooked me, and that's why I'm invested as a viewer. Redeem Vargas, please, but don't take this away. Even better? A shot of Gabi breaking up with Nick and Nick changing his Facebook status, with the monitor showing, to "It's complicated," and "Vargas" immediately liking the status change. And Rafe immediately typing a comment that says, "Dislike."

S loves EJ

LuvingLumi
Apr 17 2013, 09:50 PM
I know the show wants us all to believe that no man has ever loved the 'real Sami' but Ej.....come again show? You know I saw a man that hated Sami with a passion but STILL did good things on occasion to benefit HER during those hateful filled years and that was Lucas, in contrast I saw Ej try to derail Sami's happiness at every given turn for all those years and with some pretty disgusting, hurtful and vile ways too. With Lucas, I saw a man that hated the fact that he lost his friend to the hate and tried to find some kind of common ground with this woman who would constantly try to fuck him over and take him out of his child's life. With Ej, I saw Sami do absolutely nothing to him and I saw him try to create stress at every turn with her.....what kind of man would love a woman and try to make her purposely think that he was injecting a solution into her veins that could potentially harm her unborn children. With Lucas, I saw a man that hated himself for keeping quiet after he found out about what his mother had done to Sami, to a point that he was constantly drunk. I saw a man that hated himself for poisoning Sami and later gave her mouth to mouth because he 'didn't want to lose her' (his words). With Lucas I saw a man that helped Sami live right after their helicopter crashed and she had just refused to sign joint custody paperwork for their son. Before all the hate I saw a man that did nothing but back Sami's crazy stupid schemes and sure he had something to gain from them but he still stood by her while everyone in Salem hated her for what she did, it wasn't until she betrayed him and lied about him abusing Will that the tables were turned. After they fell in love I saw a man that did NOTHING to hurt Sami, AT ALL.....he loved her and was there for her and sure they had their ups and downs mainly based on their trust issues but I didn't see him do half of the very vile things that Ej has done to Sami. I believe the ONLY man to truly accept Sami knowing exactly who she is and love her unconditionally is Lucas.....and no I don't believe for a second that you just go sit back and 'accept' all the shit she does and that just proves your love for her.....mainly because the true version of Sami hates herself when she's behaving that way, she's miserable, she's said it many times and the true love of Sami's life would never want her to hurt that way and she became a better person through Lucas' love.....simple as that.....he'd also stop all the shit he does to her, Lucas ended it but Ej kept going for years.......and maybe that is the story they are trying to tell now with Ejami...but I will never be convinced that a man that has done everything he's done to Sami loves her and has always loved her....that's just BS.....and someone said up thread that Sami has forgiven Lucas for death row and that is why she doesn't mention it...that's not true...she mentions it...she mentioned it when she was trying to defend her stance on helping Ej prove his innocence last summer and she told Lucas she knew what it was like being framed and almost dying as a result....so she's said it.....and that's what I need on my soap...not swept under the rug, whitewashed bullshit, I want dialogue, I want dealing with it...I want them to come to grips with how badly what they've done to one another hurt them and those they love. Sorry but I can never accept this Sami that just says that she hasn't had any man to ever love her for who she is.....and look in the eyes of a man that has done so much harm to her and her family and just say yes as if she's just won the lottery. Sami had rootable qualities once upon a time but not any longer....she's so far gone she might as well be six feet under....

Sami's insecurities stem from her OWN issues, no man has made her insecure more than whatever she does to herself.....

Iīm an Ejami fan but I have liked Lumi a little bit too, but I think Iīm to big of an Ejami to be interested in Lumi fan at this point. Anyway I donīt remember the helicopter crash or how Lumi treated each other then, but I remember when I started watching the show around the time when Willīs real paternity was revealed that Lumi hated each other and I canīt remember any love between them until they started pairing them, and at first I didnīt think it made any sense because all I had seen between them was hate and arguing over Will, but then I took it as itīs a soap and anything can happen in a soap plus I prefered Lumi as lovers over enemies. Still just because they have mentioned the death row storyline doesnīt mean that they have dealt with it. I donīt think a woman in real life would forgive a man for almost having a executed anymore than she would forgive a man for raping her. One of the fiew scenes that have made me cry on the show was when Sami was about to die. I also believe Lucas was responsible for Sami almost gotten pushed over a cliff with some Will doll but I canīt remember exactly, anyway if Ejami is made of WTFery so is Lumi, even if I can see how Ejamiīs history is even worse than Lumiīs their history is pretty bad too.

As for EJ being the only one that loved the real Sami I have only seen EJ loving Samiīs bad side obviously not when she has done bad things to him, but he gets turned on when she does bad things to others which was showned when they discussed Nick in bed. Lucas and Rafe only seems to critize her when she does something bad, but I believe they love the good side of Sami. I think the real Sami should accept and love the bad side of her that is was makes her character interesting good Sami is boring. She just feels like she needs her family approval but they should accept her for who she is she isnīt Carrie the goody to shoe daughter. Now I can see how EJ hasnīt always been writhen to love Sami but that is just bad writhing if the writhers didnīt wanted to writhe for Ejami because of the rape controversy they should just have stayed away from Ejami they didnīt need to add to their bad history they could have just concentrated on trying to make Ejole. Iīm not sure if that would have worked either since Iīm not sure if Ejole have enough chemistry to make it work but delibrate trying to destroy Ejami that has a big fan base is just stupid writhing. I saw you saying itīs stupid putting all eggs in one basket with Ejami now but that is what they were doing with Safe before. They should try to destroy any pairing in case they want to go back to it later in case the actor decides to leave or for an other reason. I can understad the Lumi fans being pissed they have treated them badly and for Lucas not getting a story they should treat all actors and pairing equal, all fan bases should get their turn. Anyway even if EJ hasnīt always been writhen to love Sami he has always has very strong feelings for her and itīs a thin line between love and hate when it comes to Ejami which was showned with the griefsex. EJ cares for Nicole but I havenīt seem him having as strong feelings for her as he has for Samantha. When he gets angry with Sami he gets really angry because it hurt him so much more when Sami betrays him than Nicole like when she lied about Grace, but when he loves Sami he loves her with a passion while he looks a bit bored around Nicole, still likes Ejole though but not nearly as much as Ejami since I like EJ in just about any scene.

As for wednesdayīs episode I loved EJīs proposal to Sami it was perfect, very romantic.
Edited by S loves EJ, Apr 19 2013, 05:12 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply