Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of April 29th; *updated 4/26*
Topic Started: Apr 17 2013, 03:39 PM (30,848 Views)
samwel

camera shy
Apr 23 2013, 08:12 AM
I would love to see Stefano cut EJ off without a dime and wipe out all of his bank accounts......everywhere he turned for work Stefano had beat him to it and the answer was 'No'. Finally, him and Sami ended up living in Gabi's old room above the Brady Pub and working there too.
She cannot stand by and do nothing either. Its better to try and fail, than to allow Stefano to rail road them IMO.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Out of the four (lol) parents that the three little ones have I think Lucas, Rafe, and EJ are the ones who are really looking out for their well being and happiness. Sami just seems to care for them because they're there (except for golden child johnny lol)

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

LuvingLumi
Apr 23 2013, 02:48 PM
Panda Panda
Apr 23 2013, 02:44 PM
BearsBB
Apr 23 2013, 02:27 PM
gailwinters
Apr 23 2013, 02:04 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Rafe's advice went something like, "Why are you bothering with a legal adoption...just claim someone elses child as your own. I personally like to claim Ej's kids."
I don't get why everyone's so down on Rafe because he was a loving and attentive Step-Parent, isn't that a good thing when marrying someone who already has children?
I guess they mean when Rafe at the safehouse came up with the idea that they could illegally adopt Grace (Syd) and Rafe would act like the father to Ej's child. I've never gotten the argument that Rafe is so bad but Sami is fine in this...Sami was the one that actually went along with his initial plan, she was the parents and she could have stopped it but didn't...and more recently Sami was the one that told Rafe when she suspected that Ej was in fact the father of Nicole's baby that she would keep his secret and allow him to play daddy and pretty much do exactly what he attempted to do with Sydney once upon a time. Please...Sami is worse in this than Rafe has ever been but somehow now we are suppose to forget that because she's with Ej? Yeah, no...
I can't speak for anyone else but I've always had a problem with Sami trying to hide the baby from EJ - and particularly with agreeing to go along with the fake adoption, etc.

But Rafe does have a history of trying to claim EJ's kids as his own. And in the case with Grace, he wanted to fake adopt her before he and Sami even discussed marriage, etc. And he immediately laid claim to the EJole baby without so much as discussing it with Nicole first. And again...had no intention of building a life with Nicole. It's bizarre.

samwel

LuvingLumi
Panda Panda
BearsBB
gailwinters
Apr 23 2013, 02:04 PM

Rafe's advice went something like, "Why are you bothering with a legal adoption...just claim someone elses child as your own. I personally like to claim Ej's kids."
I don't get why everyone's so down on Rafe because he was a loving and attentive Step-Parent, isn't that a good thing when marrying someone who already has children?
I guess they mean when Rafe at the safehouse came up with the idea that they could illegally adopt Grace (Syd) and Rafe would act like the father to Ej's child. I've never gotten the argument that Rafe is so bad but Sami is fine in this...Sami was the one that actually went along with his initial plan, she was the parents and she could have stopped it but didn't...and more recently Sami was the one that told Rafe when she suspected that Ej was in fact the father of Nicole's baby that she would keep his secret and allow him to play daddy and pretty much do exactly what he attempted to do with Sydney once upon a time. Please...Sami is worse in this than Rafe has ever been but somehow now we are suppose to forget that because she's with Ej? Yeah, no...
who in the above discussion is giving Sami a pass for her actions?? :unsure:

and at the end of the day bringing Sami into it does not negate what Rafe did and his actions when it comes to 'stealing' another man's child Sami or no Sami.

samwel

Panda Panda
Apr 23 2013, 02:52 PM
Out of the four (lol) parents that the three little ones have I think Lucas, Rafe, and EJ are the ones who are really looking out for their well being and happiness. Sami just seems to care for them because they're there (except for golden child johnny lol)
lol he does seem to be the fav of both his parents and I think if Vargas goes after them, he will be there target.

Quote:

But Rafe does have a history of trying to claim EJ's kids as his own. And in the case with Grace, he wanted to fake adopt her before he and Sami even discussed marriage, etc. And he immediately laid claim to the EJole baby without so much as discussing it with Nicole first. And again...had no intention of building a life with Nicole. It's bizarre.

Its an EJ fixation.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Apr 23 2013, 02:53 PM
LuvingLumi
Panda Panda
BearsBB

I can't speak for anyone else but I've always had a problem with Sami trying to hide the baby from EJ - and particularly with agreeing to go along with the fake adoption, etc.

Yeah, but wasn't there an actual reason given for Rafe's adoption ideas and not just him being a kid stealer? Didn't Nicole conspire WITH Rafe(and daniel) to hide the baby's true paternity from EJ?

Not that I agree with hiding a child from their parent's but let's face it. EJ hasn't exactly been shown to be a stand up guy and the DiMera's aren't exactly the safest families in Salem to be a part of. So I at least understand the motive behind wanting to protect the child from being raised in that environment.
Edited by Panda Panda, Apr 23 2013, 03:06 PM.

AFaithL

blueskies
Apr 23 2013, 02:24 PM
I anticipate her losing Brady, but I'd like her to keep the kid if possible.
I think that what will happen is Bristen breaks up temporarily once the picture is revealed, but then the adoption goes through and the little boy comes into their lives. And they slowly find their way back to each other as they co-parent their little boy. I anticipate the boy bringing his parents back together like Sean-Douglas did with Bo and Hope. I also anticipate Kristen doing everything in her power to poison the little tyke against his grandparents (Jarlena) while pimping Stefano as the "greatest grandparent in the world". I hope Marlena, especially, pushes through and builds a bond with Bristen Junior.

All I know is I can't wait to see Brady FINALLY have a son of his own. It should be adorable. Plus, Martsolf and Davidson are both parents to boys around the same age in real life, so it will be fun to see how that translates on-screen.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

There''s no actual confirmation about Bristen successfully adopting...

Let's just wait to see the rest of the May Sweeps spoilers to see where their story is going, lol.

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

Panda Panda
Apr 23 2013, 03:10 PM
There''s no actual confirmation about Bristen successfully adopting...

Let's just wait to see the rest of the May Sweeps spoilers to see where their story is going, lol.
I was going to say, Hold up? This adoption thing is legit? lol

Thanks for the clarification.

samwel

Panda Panda
Apr 23 2013, 03:04 PM
SocRMum1
Apr 23 2013, 02:53 PM
LuvingLumi
Panda Panda

Yeah, but wasn't there an actual reason given for Rafe's adoption ideas and not just him being a kid stealer? Didn't Nicole conspire WITH Rafe(and daniel) to hide the baby's true paternity from EJ?

Not that I agree with hiding a child from their parent's but let's face it. EJ hasn't exactly been shown to be a stand up guy and the DiMera's aren't exactly the safest families in Salem to be a part of. So I at least understand the motive behind wanting to protect the child from being raised in that environment.
Hero complex and the feeling that he had the right to play judge and juror with EJ's life......without going OT too much, Johnny was with his father, well taken cared off while Sami was pregnant, and then with Nicole if EJ had agreed to leave Sami behind she would have told him about the child in a heartbeat......environment wasn't the heart of the issue at all.
Edited by samwel, Apr 23 2013, 03:33 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

You know, I'm not sure the EJ versus Rafe argument has ever been resolved..........
I want to see how Nicole and Vargas are as enemies! Sic Nicole on an enemy..........Yeah, baby!

concerned
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Apr 23 2013, 09:48 AM
That's an interesting Bristen twist...I can definitely see where that would get to her.

A real slap in the face to Nicole/Bricole fans, though. :(
Everything is a slap in the face to Nicole fans.

We must all be masochists.

concerned
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Apr 23 2013, 11:41 AM
Vicky4Mimi
Apr 23 2013, 11:14 AM
Quote:

S loves EJ
I think itīs sad that some people think Samiīs character is ruined by being with EJ,

If Sami's character is ruined (and I think it is) it wasn't because of Ej, entirely. I think AS can take a big part of the blame for that. Some people might think like me, where she gets the full blame. Ali needs classes on giving interviews, humility and interacting with ALL the fans of the show.
I know there are some stars that go their entire career acting as she does..but I don't know that Ali has the talent to afford the attitude.
AS isn't acting any differently than she ever has. She's promoting her current storyline - just as she always has.

Her talent, or what you perceive to be a lack thereof, doesn't have anything to do with it.

Anyone else find it odd that Brady would be able to 'start' the adoption paperwork without Kristen being involved? I would think if people are planning to adopt a child together they'd both need to be part of the process from the outset.
Remember how Sami's one talent is the ability to forge peoples signatures (Resume writing episode from long time ago).

Maybe she passed this talent onto Brady when they were children??

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

concerned
Apr 23 2013, 04:35 PM
SocRMum1
Apr 23 2013, 09:48 AM
That's an interesting Bristen twist...I can definitely see where that would get to her.

A real slap in the face to Nicole/Bricole fans, though. :(
Everything is a slap in the face to Nicole fans.

We must all be masochists.
Hey, we're tough like our girl.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

concerned
Apr 23 2013, 04:44 PM
SocRMum1
Vicky4Mimi
Quote:

S loves EJ
I think itīs sad that some people think Samiīs character is ruined by being with EJ,

If Sami's character is ruined (and I think it is) it wasn't because of Ej, entirely. I think AS can take a big part of the blame for that. Some people might think like me, where she gets the full blame. Ali needs classes on giving interviews, humility and interacting with ALL the fans of the show.
I know there are some stars that go their entire career acting as she does..but I don't know that Ali has the talent to afford the attitude.
AS isn't acting any differently than she ever has. She's promoting her current storyline - just as she always has.

Her talent, or what you perceive to be a lack thereof, doesn't have anything to do with it.

Anyone else find it odd that Brady would be able to 'start' the adoption paperwork without Kristen being involved? I would think if people are planning to adopt a child together they'd both need to be part of the process from the outset.
Remember how Sami's one talent is the ability to forge peoples signatures (Resume writing episode from long time ago).

How the hell can you surprise someone (who's supposedly going to be one of the parents) with an adoption? Just how dumb is Brady? :shrug:

I cannot stop laughing at the thought of him telling Kristen that he got the ball rolling on adopting a kid.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Panda Panda
Apr 23 2013, 04:48 PM
concerned
SocRMum1
Vicky4Mimi

How the hell can you surprise someone (who's supposedly going to be one of the parents) with an adoption? Just how dumb is Brady? :shrug:

I cannot stop laughing at the thought of him telling Kristen that he got the ball rolling on adopting a kid.
Well, for one, he's loaded and can pay a lawyer gazillion.s
Well, for another, it's Salem, Town of Pulling Strings. Who said it needed to make sense? All romantic gestures on this show need to out-do themselves.

ges
Member Avatar

Lil
Apr 23 2013, 09:25 AM
Mitchapalooza
Apr 17 2013, 03:41 PM
Quote:

A mysterious figure breaks into Jennifer's house

Its JJ...hopefully seeking revenge on his mother for her treatment of his father's memory!

Quote:

John confides his master plan to Victor

I love this spoiler!
Please just let these "masterplans" be revealed on screen for a change!
More like JJ is back to seek revenge for his mother putting him in an overseas boarding school/orphanage since birth.

ges
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 23 2013, 10:50 AM
Look, I have no desire for them to bring anyone's dead baby back or anything like that and I don't THINK it's happening, but can we please drop the facade that it's farfetched? It's not. It's also not brilliant just because you want it to happen, and it's not delusional just because you don't want it to happen. It's also not in the spoilers for this week.
There is nothing delusional or far-fetched about Nicole's baby coming back. They would just have to rewrite history a little bit which they have done fifty gazabillion times. Nicole was told by another female physician that her baby was dead, they let her listen to the heartbeat, then she walked around for a couple of days before she staged the fall and blamed Jennifer. It does beg the question, however, who would have gone through such an elaborate ruse to hurt Nicole? And two doctors Chad and that other woman, plus Nicole's doctor who was overseas at the time would have all had to be in on it. But, Hey. Nothing, and I mean nothing would surprise me on Days. Not even a little bit.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Apr 23 2013, 04:48 PM
concerned
SocRMum1
Vicky4Mimi

I'm personally waiting for the moment when Brady goes "Surprise! I got you a child as an engagement present!" :laugh:

soapgal
Member Avatar

samwel
Apr 23 2013, 01:25 PM
The woman promotes what is onscreen......and ppl being pissed off isn't something new either, and a big part of it also stems from the fact that your couple is not on the screen and her words are just not what you want to hear.....case in point, I had no interest in hearing who AS was rooting for to be with EJ in 2011 leaving out Sami.......as for her opinion on things like Sami being a victim, well that is HER opinion and it is not a wrong or bias one just because it is not the same as yours; there is no right or wrong answer there and context also goes a long way like when she talked about being different with JS it stems from the fact that he sets no boundaries, anything from slaps, pushing, shoving goes and given their grief sex scenes, I see exactly what she was talking about.

Thank you for saying this! Ali has the right to her opinion! If her opinion was that Safe is the best I certainly wouldn't like it or agree with it, however I don't think it would be fair to insult, ridicule, or make negative comments about her talent because of it. I love Ejami and am super happy that both Ali and James support it, but at the end of the day they are just actors doing what is written for them. As far as the interviews they totally and completely have the right to support or ship whoever they want. I think Ali is immensly talented and a great asset to Days. But that's my opinion and I respect the fact that other opinions differ from mine. Previously I always thought she was a Lumi fan. Pleasantly surprised. Btw Sami is not a vicitim and that's a fact not an opinion (j/k OMG don't stone me!).

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply