Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of April 29th; *updated 4/26*
Topic Started: Apr 17 2013, 03:39 PM (30,533 Views)
soapgal
Member Avatar

ges
Apr 23 2013, 05:45 PM
lysie
Apr 23 2013, 10:50 AM
Look, I have no desire for them to bring anyone's dead baby back or anything like that and I don't THINK it's happening, but can we please drop the facade that it's farfetched? It's not. It's also not brilliant just because you want it to happen, and it's not delusional just because you don't want it to happen. It's also not in the spoilers for this week.
There is nothing delusional or far-fetched about Nicole's baby coming back. They would just have to rewrite history a little bit which they have done fifty gazabillion times. Nicole was told by another female physician that her baby was dead, they let her listen to the heartbeat, then she walked around for a couple of days before she staged the fall and blamed Jennifer. It does beg the question, however, who would have gone through such an elaborate ruse to hurt Nicole? And two doctors Chad and that other woman, plus Nicole's doctor who was overseas at the time would have all had to be in on it. But, Hey. Nothing, and I mean nothing would surprise me on Days. Not even a little bit.

Remember this is the show that can kill off the entire cast and then bring them back on an island that is a palandrome (sp?) for Salem. They can do ANYTHING!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Maybe Brady and Kristen can adopt a child that looks exactly like Johnny and we can have both of those twins with their own characters.

S loves EJ

soapgal
Apr 23 2013, 06:54 PM
samwel
Apr 23 2013, 01:25 PM
The woman promotes what is onscreen......and ppl being pissed off isn't something new either, and a big part of it also stems from the fact that your couple is not on the screen and her words are just not what you want to hear.....case in point, I had no interest in hearing who AS was rooting for to be with EJ in 2011 leaving out Sami.......as for her opinion on things like Sami being a victim, well that is HER opinion and it is not a wrong or bias one just because it is not the same as yours; there is no right or wrong answer there and context also goes a long way like when she talked about being different with JS it stems from the fact that he sets no boundaries, anything from slaps, pushing, shoving goes and given their grief sex scenes, I see exactly what she was talking about.

Thank you for saying this! Ali has the right to her opinion! If her opinion was that Safe is the best I certainly wouldn't like it or agree with it, however I don't think it would be fair to insult, ridicule, or make negative comments about her talent because of it. I love Ejami and am super happy that both Ali and James support it, but at the end of the day they are just actors doing what is written for them. As far as the interviews they totally and completely have the right to support or ship whoever they want. I think Ali is immensly talented and a great asset to Days. But that's my opinion and I respect the fact that other opinions differ from mine. Previously I always thought she was a Lumi fan. Pleasantly surprised. Btw Sami is not a vicitim and that's a fact not an opinion (j/k OMG don't stone me!).

I think Ali has the right to her opinion too, but I donīt think itīs very smart to say her opinion if it upsets any fanbase and eliminate fans. I can see how saying that she doesnīt seem Sami as a victim would make those who doesnīt like Ejami unhappy. Just as if she thought Safe was the best I would want her to keep it to herself. Still maybe she thought that she could make those on the fence about Ejami to give them a chance, and if she has said in the past that she didnīt think Ejami could ever work maybe she thought that the writhers would ever go there and that she could get the Ejamis to join Safe instead. Still it doesnīt seems to be a very wise thing to do since she gets angry fans down her throat. It should be possible to promote a couple without dissing other couples. Still whatever comments she has said about Ejami in the past it does seems she is happy and supporting of Ejami now, still even if she is a Ejami fan doesnīt mean she isnīt fan of the other pairings aswell.
Edited by S loves EJ, Apr 24 2013, 12:50 AM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

From what I understand, Nadia Bjorlin was the master at fanbase diplomacy online.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I just think Ali is terrible at managing any of her fans. Whether it's Ejami,safe, Lumi, Solo Sami, TBL, ect she just really sucks at being diplomatic. I've said this before, but I think it's odd for someone who's been in the business long as she has to not know how to handle multiple fanbases.
Edited by Panda Panda, Apr 23 2013, 08:54 PM.

AFaithL

ladyofthelake
Apr 23 2013, 08:49 PM
From what I understand, Nadia Bjorlin was the master at fanbase diplomacy online.
Off-line, too. She was a class act at fan events.

marie1969

AngelOB
Apr 23 2013, 02:31 PM
SocRMum1
Apr 23 2013, 12:19 PM
I sincerely don't understand where in any interview AS can be found "bashing everyone who doesn't agree" with her. I keep hearing about how she has disrespected her fans and/or her co-workers and I just haven't seen it. Blocking a few fans she has taken issue with is her prerogative (as well as anyone else's). Is that where the perception that she's become so hateful comes from? I'm honestly curious about this.

The only difference I've seen is that she is openly and enthusiastically promoting the EJami story line - and that's only different because it's EJami rather than Safe and/or Lumi. And based on the current writing we're seeing they aren't writing this as a triangle - so there really isn't a fence for her to sit on at the moment. However, I'd bet a bunch that if the writing shifts back to writing Sami as the centerpiece of a triangle we'd see AS's interviews reflect that.
Yup. If events onscreen aren't convincing enough for some, the fact that Ali is focused only on EJami and is being very pro-EJami in her interviews says that there isn't going to be a Sami love triangle for some time to come. She definitely comes across as being freer to express her opinions on the storylines these days and isn't so caught up in being the self-professed "company girl" who has to keep all fanbases appeased. I can't see how this can mean anything other than James being her on-screen partner for the foreseeable future.
Neither do I. I think AS goes out of her way for her fans more than any other actors on the show. She promotes the show constantly and is always reaching out to her fans, all of them. She has been a good sport in the face of all the bashing and negative personal comments made by some. AS does not write the show. She is merely doing her job by promoting her current storyline and she is doing her damn good job at that IMO.

I personally love Sami and I have since day one. I have rooted for her through saustin, brami, lumi, even rafe and last but not least Ejami.

As for AS, I have tremendous respect for her as an actress and a business woman. I admire a woman who knows what she wants and is willing to fight for it. AS is smart and ambitious. She has worked her ass off to make a name for herself beyond Days. I see a bright future for her outside the show.

PS: I love your cover picture of AS. She is beautiful and her body is to die for. Knowing how how hard she worked to get her body like that makes it even more amazing. I love seeing her in the cover of so many magazines. She is rising star.

Bee
Member Avatar

The EJ and Justin spoiler is EVERYTHING!

Cathalina

S loves EJ
Apr 23 2013, 08:39 PM
soapgal
Apr 23 2013, 06:54 PM
samwel
Apr 23 2013, 01:25 PM
The woman promotes what is onscreen......and ppl being pissed off isn't something new either, and a big part of it also stems from the fact that your couple is not on the screen and her words are just not what you want to hear.....case in point, I had no interest in hearing who AS was rooting for to be with EJ in 2011 leaving out Sami.......as for her opinion on things like Sami being a victim, well that is HER opinion and it is not a wrong or bias one just because it is not the same as yours; there is no right or wrong answer there and context also goes a long way like when she talked about being different with JS it stems from the fact that he sets no boundaries, anything from slaps, pushing, shoving goes and given their grief sex scenes, I see exactly what she was talking about.

Thank you for saying this! Ali has the right to her opinion! If her opinion was that Safe is the best I certainly wouldn't like it or agree with it, however I don't think it would be fair to insult, ridicule, or make negative comments about her talent because of it. I love Ejami and am super happy that both Ali and James support it, but at the end of the day they are just actors doing what is written for them. As far as the interviews they totally and completely have the right to support or ship whoever they want. I think Ali is immensly talented and a great asset to Days. But that's my opinion and I respect the fact that other opinions differ from mine. Previously I always thought she was a Lumi fan. Pleasantly surprised. Btw Sami is not a vicitim and that's a fact not an opinion (j/k OMG don't stone me!).

I think Ali has the right to her opinion too, but I donīt think itīs very smart to say her opinion if it upsets any fanbase and eliminate fans. I can see how saying that she doesnīt seem Sami as a victim would make those who doesnīt like Ejami unhappy. Just as if she thought Safe was the best I would want her to keep it to herself. Still maybe she thought that she could make those on the fence about Ejami to give them a chance, and if she has said in the past that she didnīt think Ejami could ever work maybe she thought that the writhers would ever go there and that she could get the Ejamis to join Safe instead. Still it doesnīt seems to be a very wise thing to do since she gets angry fans down her throat. It should be possible to promote a couple without dissing other couples. Still whatever comments she has said about Ejami in the past it does seems she is happy and supporting of Ejami now, still even if she is a Ejami fan doesnīt mean she isnīt fan of the other pairings aswell.
As far as I am concerned, AS can like any pairing she wants. I think her lack of diplomacy with her fan bases is a bit much, and this is why I think everyone was better off pre-Twitter. The word "twit" is in it for a reason. You can't possibly fully explain yourself in 120 characters.

Still, her saying that she didn't view Sami as a victim bothered me not because I loathe Ejami, but more for the connotation it has as far as rape. Strides have been made for prosecuting assailants, but one of the issues in getting convictions is that the victim has to prove that they were a victim. Just recently there was a rape and all the media could talk about was the promising sports careers of the rapists getting derailed like it was such a sin. The victim became irrelevant. Look, AS can wear an I Love Ejami Cheerleader outfit with pom poems for all I care, but that statement was pretty irresponsible.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

I think the problem with Ali is not this is her opinion. Its that I dont think it is her opinion. I think alison seeeney is trying to sell me her storyline but instead of using rationale to bring excitment she is lying.

I don't think Ali is a fan of Ejami. If that was it I would be fine. Mara west thought Craig and Carly fit better than her supercoupling of Jack and Carly. I disagreed but still respected her.

But Ali is not sharing her opinion. Ali is pandering. Ali doesn't give two red nickels about her pairing. To me that means she doesn't care about her character. And that makes her a crappy salesman. Because I have to believe that you care about what you are selling before I can buy it.

The way Ali has treated her longtime fans and can't rationally say why she switches whenever the story switches, that is what makes me dislike her.

Ali has no opinion. She is not honest and is not forthright.

I can disagree vehemently with an actor and still respect what they stand for. But i don't believe Alison Sweeney cares sbout ejami. I dont believe she cares about safe. Dont think she gives a damn about Lumi. And since caring about your character's coupling is an extension of caring about your character, I don't think she gives a damn about Sami. And after playing the character so long that is just disgusting.

She stands for nothing but wants her fans to stand beside her.
Edited by Aliaron, Apr 24 2013, 10:15 PM.

justforfun

Personally, I think AS will try to sell whatever NBC tells her to. If NBC wants Ejami, then they better promote it.

Daytime
Member Avatar

Daily Spoilers week of April 29th

4/29, Brady asks John about his history with Kristen; Ciara gives Kristen a present; Vargas gives Nick $30,000 and tells him to triple it; Stefano agrees to help Will; Sami and Sonny snoop around Nick's room; E.J. moves forward with his plan.

4/30, Kristen and Brady open Ciara's envelope; John tells Victor about his plan; Sonny prevents Nick from discovering him and Sami.

5/1, Nick and Rafe argue; Kate buys a gift for Sami; Nicole threatens to tell Eric that Vargas is up to no good; Daniel helps Cameron and Abigail have a nice night together.

5/2, Nick confronts Sami; Gabi gives Nick an ultimatum; Rafe talks to E.J. about Sami; Kate breaks things off with Rafe; Nicole tries to outsmart Vargas; Brady invites Eric to his wedding; Cameron and Abigail share a romantic evening.

5/3, Sami hears Stefano talking about betraying her and Will; E.J. asks Justin to help him take Stefano down; Rafe talks to Will about Nick.

vettejb

annie21
Apr 22 2013, 05:19 PM
Romancer66
Apr 22 2013, 04:07 PM
AFaithL
Apr 22 2013, 03:32 PM
Wait a minute.

Cameron, a doctor/stripper, CANNOT AFFORD to take Abigail to Starbucks for a mocha latte, or Olive Garden for a meal?

He has NO money at all?

Bullshit.
Bullshit indeed. How about just bringing over a pizza and a DVD and having a movie night? Or a homemade picnic in the park or the ubiquitous HTS? Plenty of ways to have a special night with your significant other without spending yourself into the red.
Yeah, I don't get Cameron's dire situation either. There are thousands of young doctors around the country who have big student loans to pay off and they don't resort to the choices Cameron has made. If he were still in medical school, maybe, but he's got a good paying job. Student loans are usually just another payment you make every month like rent or a mortgage or a car payment -- a few hundred dollars. It's not like he has to pay off hundreds of thousands of dollars all at once.

Makes me wonder where Cameron got the money for medical school -- does he have loan sharks after him or something? Either that, or he had some kind of unexpected expense come up that threw his finances into turmoil. :shrug:

Before all this, Cameron was a cardboard non-entity. Now he's a cardboard non-entity with debts and a gyrating pelvis. <<yawn>>

Did they ever say why he is so broke?

vettejb

justforfun
Apr 25 2013, 02:05 PM
Personally, I think AS will try to sell whatever NBC tells her to. If NBC wants Ejami, then they better promote it.
I've only ever seen her actively promoting TBL. And I try to catch every tv interview she does, although I am no longer a fan.

Pookie
Member Avatar

vettejb
Apr 26 2013, 11:39 AM
annie21
Romancer66
AFaithL
Apr 22 2013, 03:32 PM
Wait a minute.

Cameron, a doctor/stripper, CANNOT AFFORD to take Abigail to Starbucks for a mocha latte, or Olive Garden for a meal?

He has NO money at all?

Bullshit.
Bullshit indeed. How about just bringing over a pizza and a DVD and having a movie night? Or a homemade picnic in the park or the ubiquitous HTS? Plenty of ways to have a special night with your significant other without spending yourself into the red.
Yeah, I don't get Cameron's dire situation either. There are thousands of young doctors around the country who have big student loans to pay off and they don't resort to the choices Cameron has made. If he were still in medical school, maybe, but he's got a good paying job. Student loans are usually just another payment you make every month like rent or a mortgage or a car payment -- a few hundred dollars. It's not like he has to pay off hundreds of thousands of dollars all at once.

Makes me wonder where Cameron got the money for medical school -- does he have loan sharks after him or something? Either that, or he had some kind of unexpected expense come up that threw his finances into turmoil. :shrug:

Before all this, Cameron was a cardboard non-entity. Now he's a cardboard non-entity with debts and a gyrating pelvis. <<yawn>>

Didn't he say his mother took out a loan from some shady people and he's working to pay THAT off?

annie21

Pookie
Apr 26 2013, 01:27 PM
vettejb
Apr 26 2013, 11:39 AM
annie21
Romancer66

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Didn't he say his mother took out a loan from some shady people and he's working to pay THAT off?
yes, that was mentioned a day or so ago.

ETA: From what I gather, Cameron worked there earlier to pay off student loans, but this time around it's about his mom. :rolleyes:

Edited by annie21, Apr 26 2013, 03:37 PM.

ges
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Apr 23 2013, 12:19 PM
I sincerely don't understand where in any interview AS can be found "bashing everyone who doesn't agree" with her. I keep hearing about how she has disrespected her fans and/or her co-workers and I just haven't seen it. Blocking a few fans she has taken issue with is her prerogative (as well as anyone else's). Is that where the perception that she's become so hateful comes from? I'm honestly curious about this.

The only difference I've seen is that she is openly and enthusiastically promoting the EJami story line - and that's only different because it's EJami rather than Safe and/or Lumi. And based on the current writing we're seeing they aren't writing this as a triangle - so there really isn't a fence for her to sit on at the moment. However, I'd bet a bunch that if the writing shifts back to writing Sami as the centerpiece of a triangle we'd see AS's interviews reflect that.
A.S. goes with the flow with whatever storyline they give her. I've never seen her be ungracious about anything. Don't know where this is coming from.

ges
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Apr 24 2013, 10:08 PM
I think the problem with Ali is not this is her opinion. Its that I dont think it is her opinion. I think alison seeeney is trying to sell me her storyline but instead of using rationale to bring excitment she is lying.

I don't think Ali is a fan of Ejami. If that was it I would be fine. Mara west thought Craig and Carly fit better than her supercoupling of Jack and Carly. I disagreed but still respected her.

But Ali is not sharing her opinion. Ali is pandering. Ali doesn't give two red nickels about her pairing. To me that means she doesn't care about her character. And that makes her a crappy salesman. Because I have to believe that you care about what you are selling before I can buy it.

The way Ali has treated her longtime fans and can't rationally say why she switches whenever the story switches, that is what makes me dislike her.

Ali has no opinion. She is not honest and is not forthright.

I can disagree vehemently with an actor and still respect what they stand for. But i don't believe Alison Sweeney cares sbout ejami. I dont believe she cares about safe. Dont think she gives a damn about Lumi. And since caring about your character's coupling is an extension of caring about your character, I don't think she gives a damn about Sami. And after playing the character so long that is just disgusting.

She stands for nothing but wants her fans to stand beside her.
Jesus. She is just doing her job. She has no control over the storylines or pairings.

ges
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Apr 23 2013, 03:07 PM
blueskies
Apr 23 2013, 02:24 PM
I anticipate her losing Brady, but I'd like her to keep the kid if possible.
I think that what will happen is Bristen breaks up temporarily once the picture is revealed, but then the adoption goes through and the little boy comes into their lives. And they slowly find their way back to each other as they co-parent their little boy. I anticipate the boy bringing his parents back together like Sean-Douglas did with Bo and Hope. I also anticipate Kristen doing everything in her power to poison the little tyke against his grandparents (Jarlena) while pimping Stefano as the "greatest grandparent in the world". I hope Marlena, especially, pushes through and builds a bond with Bristen Junior.

All I know is I can't wait to see Brady FINALLY have a son of his own. It should be adorable. Plus, Martsolf and Davidson are both parents to boys around the same age in real life, so it will be fun to see how that translates on-screen.
Kristen will just say she was paying off the mugger to keep him from coming back.

MMk9987

Really Kate you are going to break things off with Rafe again like come on who cares if Stefano knows you guys are together. this is getting old

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply