Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, April 18th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 18 2013, 08:50 AM (7,694 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Yay! Hope & Jake! I was always amused that no one seemed to have a problem with teen Hope crushing on or dating the significantly older Jake, but Bo was a problem just a few years later. lol

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

OMG - I had forgotten all about that! And JAKE!!! What a creepy but cute serial killer he turned out to be!

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Who was Jake?

lysie
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Apr 18 2013, 10:24 AM
Who was Jake?
Chris's brother and the Salem Strangler.

james0479
Member Avatar

The Salem Strangler is one of those storylines I always wished I had seen but it was before my Days time. :(

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 18 2013, 10:29 AM
Supergirlx2
Who was Jake?
thanks. I wonder if anyone has this story on youtube.

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

I read an interview with Tammy Taylor (ex-Hope) recently and she seems like such a lovely person. She had flattering things to say about Kristian Alfonso and how the character of Hope had become a tent pole on the show. She didn't seem bitter at all that she had not been the actress to portray Hope as an adult.

james0479
Member Avatar

Renee Dimera
Apr 18 2013, 10:54 AM
I read an interview with Tammy Taylor (ex-Hope) recently and she seems like such a lovely person. She had flattering things to say about Kristian Alfonso and how the character of Hope had become a tent pole on the show. She didn't seem bitter at all that she had not been the actress to portray Hope as an adult.
I think I read the same interview. Taylor sounds super sweet and thankful for the opportunity she had while she had it. Very classy lady. It's so interesting how roles can be recast for various reasons and an unknown can come on and BAM become a hit and celebrate 30 freaking years... Like KA. Lol.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Renee Dimera
Apr 18 2013, 10:54 AM
I think I read that, too! She seems absolutely fabulous! And from everything I've seen, I think she's aged VERY well. She still acts, if I'm not mistaken. Before she was Hope, she was the VERY first Patty Williams on Y&R. I'm always amused by how often DAYS and Y&R share actors, most logically because of the Bell/Corday connection.

Sweet and Salty

Supergirlx2
Apr 18 2013, 10:44 AM
lysie
Supergirlx2
Who was Jake?
I'd love to re-watch it! It was great!!

ohgreatone22
Member Avatar

HRG from Heroes! and he was also Caroline's father from The Vampire Diaries that hated that Caroline became a vampire that he didn't want to become one so he died. How great that Jack Coleman is still acting 30 years later.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Of course, what Jack Coleman is TRULY remembered best for -- Steven Carrington #2 on Dynasty.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

A neat little factoid about Tammy Taylor that I discovered when I just went to look her up on IMDB for more info -- her daughter actually played Hope as a little girl in a flashback years later in a bit of fluke casting because no one realized at the time who she was. lol

jam6242
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Apr 18 2013, 10:44 AM
lysie
Supergirlx2
Who was Jake?
There are bits of it on youtube but I haven't seen any scenes of when he was with Hope. Jake was scary! Probably because he seemed like such a nice guy at first.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 18 2013, 11:45 AM
A neat little factoid about Tammy Taylor that I discovered when I just went to look her up on IMDB for more info -- her daughter actually played Hope as a little girl in a flashback years later in a bit of fluke casting because no one realized at the time who she was. lol
which flashback? the 1998 "will you go steady with me" one? the only other ones I can think of were in 2003/04/05, but flashback Bo & Hope were younger in those.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

T - yay!!!!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

yoohoo! Brian's back!

james0479
Member Avatar

T is cute in that Duhhhh dumb look kinda way

LovingDays

so far no sign of dannifer

just made my day

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply