Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Chrishell Stause Joins Days of Our Lives
Topic Started: Apr 18 2013, 12:04 PM (7,346 Views)
Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Angie79
Apr 18 2013, 01:57 PM
Rafe is more likable away from Sami (to me everyone is), so her being for Rafe might not be a bad thing. I wouldn't mind her being with Lucas though.

She shouldn't be paired with anyone right away though. No more forced couples.

they proably will
Edited by Partnersincrime, Apr 18 2013, 01:58 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

It's sparked my interest, even with the Rafe element.

But what is all this crazy talk of bringing on a character as an individual first? That's just ridiculous and y'all know it.

A new character should always be built exclusively to partner with an existing one, to such an extent that they already know what the couple's nickname will be and it's clever, cute, and deserving of a hashtag for twitter purposes. That's why it can't be Autumn, btw. What the hell do you even do to merge that name with someone else's?

If the audience doesn't get it- tough shit. They'll get over it. They have to, there's like three months of film in the can before they even hit the air.

I mean, that's just Soaps 101...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lucky
Member Avatar
Rafe proves EJ is a little bitch

Loved her on AMC. I think she and Rafe could be very good together. Hate that we have to wait so long to see her though.

annie21

Sad, but true, px780.

As for who the character will be, the article says it will be a new character. It's just as well. Whenever TomSell decides to bring back a character they didn't have a hand in creating, they usually just destroy that character anyway.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
Apr 18 2013, 01:41 PM
I've come to the conclusion that Rafe's character only sucked when he was around Sami's, so I won't be that disappointed if she is playing Emily. Galen's proved to me that he can be quite enjoyable since Rafe's hookup with Kate.
I'm trying to be open-minded because Rafe has been much more enjoyable in his Rufus stage than he was for his prior 4 years on canvas. I think having Rafe as a macho, somewhat douchey guy plays best to GG's acting style. He's much more funny, enjoyable and believable in that role than as the flawless hero.

To that end, if they are going to create a love interest/love story for him, I'd like to see his paired with a smart, confident woman who is pretty unimpressed by his arrogant, macho ways. Maybe a Sam and Diane kind of dynamic?

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Hoping she's not Emily. We know Rafe gets his ass kicked by a dirty cop in the coming months so maybe she will be the PT. It would be cool if she was Autumn and since Lucas is backburnered so much he wouldn't even realize she's in town for a while. Meanwhile Rafe and Autumn are getting to know each other and they run into Lucas. Yes, its a triangle and that has been Lucas' whole life, but I am 100% confident that she would have better chemistry with BD than GG and maybe the writers will see that.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Wow, let's just say the fact that Chrishell might be working with a certain male actor has lead to some really vile stuff being tweeted about her online - some people are calling her a "skank whore" because she might be interfering with a certain couple. :shame:

EJamandBread
Member Avatar

james0479
Apr 18 2013, 12:53 PM
Why does every new character have to be considered as a potential love interest for anyone? I say build a story around her, have her interact with all characters and see where the sparks are. Natural chemistry builds natural story.
Normally I agree with this wholeheartedly. But, in Days' case, with how far ahead they film, they don't really have that luxury anymore. :(

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
Apr 18 2013, 02:35 PM
Wow, let's just say the fact that Chrishell might be working with a certain male actor has lead to some really vile stuff being tweeted about her online - some people are calling her a "skank whore" because she might be interfering with a certain couple. :shame:
really is this couple new or not

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

unless she's for Lucas, I can't see what good she will do Rafe. I hope they don't stick her with Daniel either. Dannifer angst is boring as hell.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Apr 18 2013, 02:23 PM
Hoping she's not Emily. We know Rafe gets his ass kicked by a dirty cop in the coming months so maybe she will be the PT. It would be cool if she was Autumn and since Lucas is backburnered so much he wouldn't even realize she's in town for a while. Meanwhile Rafe and Autumn are getting to know each other and they run into Lucas. Yes, its a triangle and that has been Lucas' whole life, but I am 100% confident that she would have better chemistry with BD than GG and maybe the writers will see that.
not as long tomsell are the writers

cockymom
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
I thought she was working with GG. Who would be mad about that? He's not even in a popular couple now.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

cockymom
Apr 18 2013, 02:53 PM
NocturnalBlondie
I thought she was working with GG. Who would be mad about that? He's not even in a popular couple now.
rate fans will get mad on you

guessgirl
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
Sadly there are always some crazy whack jobs in a fanbase. They get threaten because of a new beautiful actress coming on.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

NocturnalBlondie
...Yeah. How dare that, um, skank, take an acting job! Playing a character we really know nothing about!

What the heck is wrong with people?

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

So if the chemistry is not there, this will be a big fail, I really wonder how Days are thinking when they bring in new characters and one more thing macho hero whatever Rafe is written as a Neanderthal and I see nothing interesting about him at all, Kate the poor thing is wasted on Rafe and now it seems that another character will follow the same fate. As someone said higher up write an exciting story with this character and let it play with all characters on canvas see where there's chemistry and then go for it.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

I want her with Lucas! BADLY!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'll be disappointed if Stause's character and Rafe crossing path leads to an intimate pairing. I've been enjoying the May/December romance between Rafe and Kate. I think the show took a gamble and, shockingly, it worked. Why throw it away now? But then again, this could be typical overreacting. Just because an article states two characters are crossing paths doesn't meant they'll be romantically involved. I'm hoping for the latter, because I really want to see Rafe and Kate become a legit thing. Especially by August.

lysie
Member Avatar

They might as well bring her in and immediately throw her with someone. Apparently, waiting isn't working for Eric. :eyeroll:

King
Member Avatar

I have no idea who she is, but it sounds like you guys loved her on AMC so awesome!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply