Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Chrishell Stause Joins Days of Our Lives
Topic Started: Apr 18 2013, 12:04 PM (7,308 Views)
mirabella

blueskies
Apr 18 2013, 07:31 PM
DawnElicia
Apr 18 2013, 07:29 PM
Rafe does not need a love interest. I mean he was the lead to a awful pairing for way to long. I think Lucas needs it way more then him.
i could say the same thing about another actor on the show, lol.
Exactly! It is a matter of opinion and which characters you like and don't like!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 18 2013, 01:09 PM
james0479
Apr 18 2013, 12:53 PM
Why does every new character have to be considered as a potential love interest for anyone? I say build a story around her, have her interact with all characters and see where the sparks are. Natural chemistry builds natural story.
OMG! So much THIS! Bring a new character on as part of a story, see how well they play/interact with other characters/actors, then at the end of that storyline go from there with a potential romantic pairing that grows out of that storyline.
Based on every other storyline since the coming of Dena/Tomlin, there are no stories based outside of romantic relationships. It's boring and shallow. The characters have little to do but sleep with each other.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

mirabella
Apr 18 2013, 09:45 PM
blueskies
DawnElicia
Rafe does not need a love interest. I mean he was the lead to a awful pairing for way to long. I think Lucas needs it way more then him.
Exactly! It is a matter of opinion and which characters you like and don't like!
I don't know if that phrase is true really? I can only speak for myself, although I do not like a certain character, I can see other things with it like that it bring something to the show or as the actor who play the character is a strong actor, etc., in the case Rafe / GG I see Nada of this.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Its easy.
Pair Rafe with Chrishell`s character and Lucas with Jenn Lilley`s. The problem is easily solved that way.
The suits should realize that both rafe/lucas can have lives/storylines/love interests outside of sami. Just because they aren`t paired with Sami, it doesn`t make Rafe or Lucas expendable and if that`s how the NBC suits have been thinking, they`re all wrong. It`s that kind of closed mentality why characters like Jack are MIA and not giving productive storylines/love interests. Like Jack has tons of possibilities outside of jennifer, rafe/lucas have tons outside of sami. GG/BD have tons of fans and it would be wise to court that faction of their viewing audience too. Apart from sami, and I don`t even count Carrie/Kate either, Rafe hasn`t been in a viable love story. And for years, Lucas`s story has languished on the backburner and he`s even been sent out of salem because he wasn`t paired with sami. And like Rafe, they shoved Lucas into the horrid Lucas/Chloe pairing because at the time they were the only free Salemites and they were prepping Chloe for Danloe. So much wasted potential where Lucas is concerned.
So for me, its high time that the show realizes that life DOES go on for rafe/lucas without sami. And certainly I`m a huge fan of gering and datillo, so this newest twist works for me. And I have my fingers crossed that Lucas will have a potential love interest too and SOON.
On a final note, welcome Chrishell S and can`t wait to see where the story leads.

King
Member Avatar

Fuck no as a love interest for Rafe. No one would be interested in that buffoon.

blueskies
Member Avatar

The Scorpion
Apr 19 2013, 01:03 AM
mirabella
Apr 18 2013, 09:45 PM
blueskies
DawnElicia
I don't know if that phrase is true really? I can only speak for myself, although I do not like a certain character, I can see other things with it like that it bring something to the show or as the actor who play the character is a strong actor, etc., in the case Rafe / GG I see Nada of this.
believe me it's true. if it weren't, there are several people who would have been gone years ago with my perspective, and they are definitely different than the ones who would be with yours.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

King
Apr 19 2013, 01:37 AM
Fuck no as a love interest for Rafe. No one would be interested in that buffoon.
I liked Rafe with Sami until she became a cheating hypocrite.I liked Rafe with Nicole and would not have minded if they had gone with EJ/Sami v Rafe/Nicole storylines.I like Rafe with Kate.I am tired of the much older man with young woman so I am okay with Rafe and Kate.In fact if they decide to keep them together,I don't have a problem with it.I like realy like Lucas too so I am okay with Chrishell or Lilley being with either one.I like Rafe,don't see him as "douchey" ,and hope he remains in Salem for years to come.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

mer4santo
Apr 19 2013, 12:48 AM
Matt
Apr 18 2013, 01:09 PM
james0479
Apr 18 2013, 12:53 PM
Why does every new character have to be considered as a potential love interest for anyone? I say build a story around her, have her interact with all characters and see where the sparks are. Natural chemistry builds natural story.
OMG! So much THIS! Bring a new character on as part of a story, see how well they play/interact with other characters/actors, then at the end of that storyline go from there with a potential romantic pairing that grows out of that storyline.
Based on every other storyline since the coming of Dena/Tomlin, there are no stories based outside of romantic relationships. It's boring and shallow. The characters have little to do but sleep with each other.
I'm curious- at this point, could they even develop an individual first?

My thought is with the history on this show and the insta-pairings, it'd be extremely difficult to introduce and develop a new character as an individual because as soon as they cross paths with an age-compatible partner us internet freaks would conclude that it's another forced love affair. If that makes any sense.

I mean, she'd sort of have to come on and have scenes with Maggie and Marlena only, or something.

appleblossom

NocturnalBlondie
Apr 18 2013, 12:10 PM
Knew it! Welcome to DAYS Chrishell! :)
That would be cool if either Jen Lilley or Chrishell S will protray a gf for either Lucas. Dude needs a social life too! Or maybe a gf for Cameron or Chad.

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

I want positive things for this show, I really do. I even liked EJ and Sami's proposal but another character? Can't we keep grumpy John and restless Marlena and leave the other characters more developed? Where is she going to fit in? With Abby and company? Is that really worth investing in? How about just giving Abby, Chad and Cameron more depth?

vettejb

When is her first appearance? I liked her on AMC and maybe would watch to see her debut on DOOL.

vettejb

BeeBee
Apr 19 2013, 10:37 AM
King
Apr 19 2013, 01:37 AM
I liked Rafe with Sami until she became a cheating hypocrite.I liked Rafe with Nicole and would not have minded if they had gone with EJ/Sami v Rafe/Nicole storylines.I like Rafe with Kate.I am tired of the much older man with young woman so I am okay with Rafe and Kate.In fact if they decide to keep them together,I don't have a problem with it.I like realy like Lucas too so I am okay with Chrishell or Lilley being with either one.I like Rafe,don't see him as "douchey" ,and hope he remains in Salem for years to come.
You took the words right out of my mouth. Good job.

tylerbo20

Cancelled
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply