Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
First episode taped in 2013 airs...Burbank layoffs take place; Two 30-year vets, one 20-year vet, are out
Topic Started: Apr 18 2013, 02:13 PM (2,696 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

FIRST EPISODE TAPED IN 2013 AIRS...BURBANK LAYOFFS TAKE PLACE:

With April 18 being the first episode taped in 2013, the credits have noted the changes due to the layoffs in Burbank that happened at the end of 2012. Four main areas were affected. "Days" now has new technical directors, boom operators and senior video. Technical directors/cameramen Mike Caruso and J.C. O'Neill, who both joined the show in the early 1980's have left "Days" after over 30 years of service. Caruso and O'Neill both were six-time Daytime Emmy nominees during their time at "Days." Boom operators Jackie Frazier (four-time Emmy nominee), who joined the show in 1993, and Harry Young (two-time Emmy nominee), who joined the show in 2000 have also been replaced. Frazier, an aspiring writer, also got the chance to write a few episodes for "Days" from 2001-2003. The Senior Video, Alexis Dellar Hanson (three-time Emmy nominee), who first worked at "Days" in 2000, has also been replaced. Also, the trio of Digital Systems Maintenance crew, Michael Vick, Chris Robertson and Byron Stultz are no longer listed in the credits. Thanks to all of their service at "Days" and the best of luck to all of them in the future.

The new technical director is Chuck Abate (a second new technical director will probably be listed in the credits tomorrow). The new boom operators are Anthony Inglese and Stu Rudolf. The new senior video is Michelle Montgomery. Finally, "Days" has added this new credit at the end of the credits: "Produced at The Burbank Studios, A Worthe Real Estate Group Property."

Mike Caruso
Posted Image

J.C. O'Neill
Posted Image

Harry Young
Posted Image

Jackie Frazier
Posted Image

Alexis Dellar Hanson
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

Ugh. So sad.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

But this has more to do with NBC selling the physical studio than it does with anything connected directly with DAYS management/production decisions correct?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 18 2013, 02:19 PM
But this has more to do with NBC selling the physical studio than it does with anything connected directly with DAYS management/production decisions correct?
Yes, "Days" didn't want these changes to take place. It was out of their hands.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

So were the noticeable changes to the town square set in today's episode part of this change behind the scenes?

Jason47
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Apr 18 2013, 03:14 PM
So were the noticeable changes to the town square set in today's episode part of this change behind the scenes?
I wouldn't see why. All of the crew changes involved audio/technical crew, not the set decoration. Although, with this being the first episode taped in 2013, perhaps they decided to make a few alterations to HTS in the new year.
Edited by Jason47, Apr 18 2013, 04:18 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Jason47
Apr 18 2013, 04:17 PM
DrewHamilton
Apr 18 2013, 03:14 PM
I wouldn't see why. All of the crew changes involved audio/technical crew, not the set decoration. Although, with this being the first episode taped in 2013, perhaps they decided to make a few alterations to HTS in the new year.
I hope the change isn't permanent. The set looked so cheap today.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

That's sad. Folks were there for 30+ years.

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

Very very sad. Thank goodness I have a good job with a reputable employer. Not that Days is NOT reputable, which makes it reputable by default with my double negative. I have to say, he is very much a hands off boss, never around so that is kinda good. I may wake up one day and find myself laid . . . off. That would be bad.

I hope things work out for the people who were loyal to Days for so many years.

desertgal

I really hope they did right by these individuals. It looks as though a couple of them might have been old enough to retire. Hopefully they bridged them or gave them an incentive of some type to agree to leave. It's always sad to see someone leave a job they've been in for such a long time, especially when it's not their choice.

I suppose the new people they brought in only make 1/3 of what they veterans were making. So sad.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Sorry for the job losses.

If 4/18 was the first 2013 filmed episode, that means Nadia Bjorlin had wrapped up taping before her first episode even aired! Insane!

I guess we can rule out audience disgust for the quick wrap up of the story and assume someone else killed the storyline...

Jason47
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Apr 21 2013, 02:28 PM
Sorry for the job losses.

If 4/18 was the first 2013 filmed episode, that means Nadia Bjorlin had wrapped up taping before her first episode even aired! Insane!

I guess we can rule out audience disgust for the quick wrap up of the story and assume someone else killed the storyline...
Yes, she and Patrika were done taping in December.

aveRex
Member Avatar

so DAYs is taping a whopping 4-5 months ahead of air time? that's insane. How do you get this info and where are the longterm spoilers? I've not seen them in this thread.

Jason47
Member Avatar

aveRex
Apr 25 2013, 01:08 AM
so DAYs is taping a whopping 4-5 months ahead of air time? that's insane. How do you get this info and where are the longterm spoilers? I've not seen them in this thread.
It's not much of a secret that they are around 4 months ahead in taping.

As for spoilers, those are in a different thread. This was a thread about the layoffs that took place in Burbank on December 31.

aveRex
Member Avatar

Where is the spoilers long term? I havent seen them on this site.... Do we know if they're dumping Blake Berris. I'm not a fan of his character, so I hope they do kill him, LOL. I would appreciate if you could share the link for the advanced long term spoilers.

Jason47
Member Avatar

aveRex
Apr 27 2013, 06:42 PM
Where is the spoilers long term? I havent seen them on this site.... Do we know if they're dumping Blake Berris. I'm not a fan of his character, so I hope they do kill him, LOL. I would appreciate if you could share the link for the advanced long term spoilers.
Spoilers are the pinned topics at the top of the Days discussion board.

Blake's one year contract is up in the next month or so. It will be up to him and Days whether or not they can agree on a new contract and have him continue airing past September.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply