Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
TV Guide: Exclusive: Eric Martsolf and Galen Gering Strip for a Cause on Days of Our Lives; Magic Mike spoof
Topic Started: Apr 18 2013, 02:55 PM (2,149 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

BAH! Pardon me while I go mark my calendar...

Quote:

Only in Salem, kids, only in Salem. Days of Our Lives heartthrobs Eric Martsolf (Brady) and Galen Gering (Rafe) claim they had no problem shooting the soap's Magic Mike spoof airing April 23. But let's get real here. When you launch your career on Passions as both actors did you probably don't have much dignity left!

"Days brought in a choreographer who showed us a few choice moves, some of which are banned in certain countries," Martsolf tells TV Guide Magazine. "But Galen and I had no issues certainly not after Passions where we'd take off our clothes for any mundane reason." He recalls one plot where he and Justin Hartley had to help a woman who'd been shot. "I used my shirt as a pillow, he used his as a tourniquet, then we hung around the hospital topless for six episodes asking about her condition. So this thing on Days? Business as usual!"

And it's all for a good cause. Two, actually. The men of Salem take part in the strip show to benefit Salem University Hospital but also to aid fellow stud Cameron Davis (Nathan Owens), who secretly moonlights as a stripper to pay his medical-school bills.

"Cameron's in danger of getting caught and losing his job as a doctor so his pals help him out by joining him on stage," says Gering. "If we all shake our tallywhackers for charity, how bad can it be, right?" The guys are dressed YMCA-style: Gering as a construction worker, Martsolf as a cop, Shawn Christian [Daniel] as a cowboy. "Eric clearly has a lot of experience doing strip shows," cracks Gering. "And I think Shawn was pretty drunk so he was having a good time, too. I was just trying not to embarrass myself but I kept remembering what they taught us in acting school: Dare to suck."

Naturally, the women of Salem show up. "There's nothing quite like taking off your clothes in front of Caroline Brady," says Gering of the character played by 85-year-old Peggy McCay. "It's even weirder when she starts shoving cash down your crotch. It takes your career to a whole new level."

Martsolf was having none of it. "I saw Peggy waving her dollar bill and giving me that look and I just couldn't handle it," he says. "I'm thinking, 'I can't do it! I just can't do it!' So I slowly made my way across to the other side of the stage. As an actor I'll try pretty much anything. You gotta accept this kind of stuff when you're a daytimer. It's what we signed up for. [Laughs] But guess what? I do have boundaries!"

Apparently, so does Gering. "Our choreographer was one of those Thunder From Down Under types who had absolutely no shame," Gering says. "At one point he had us rehearsing this dance where I was going, 'Whoa! I don't know about this. It looks like Rafe is [doing something sexual to] Daniel!' The choreographer said, 'No, no, it doesn't look that way at all!' But then I look over at the other guys and they're all going, "Uh, yeah it does." So we had to change that part but, otherwise, it all turned out great. I don't know why we never did this on Passions. I guess I was too busy doing bedroom scenes with an orangutan."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Eric-Martsolf-Galen-Gering-1064174.aspx
Online Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

"When you launch your career on Passions as both actors did you probably don't have much dignity left!"

:mutley:
Online Profile Goto Top

Sparrow

Really? I just... really?

Also, since construction worker, cowboy, and cowboy are taken, is Cameron going to be an Indian or a leather guy?
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

This objectification of men is just...outrageous.

And totally part of what I think a soap should be (I'm shallow, I think part of it is pretty people being pretty). Nice to see what should be pure fun. They should release an uncut version online.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I am ALL in for this. Of course I'm cracking the fuck up because Galen made them change part of it that looked like Rafe was doing something sexual to Daniel. Daniel did save Rafe's life once, didn't he? lolol
Online Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

This was actually posted earlier this week but since no one seemed to see it, I'm relenting and leaving it here, lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I don't know if I can watch the episode. I'm getting second hand embarrassment just from reading this article.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Haha! This is awesome. I love when soaps do this sort of thing. It allows characters that aren't necessarily in the same storyline to come together for a couple episodes. DAYS rarely ever did it in the past. And I think they picked the right characters to do it as well (Brady, Rafe and Daniel). Like it or not, they're three of the best looking guys on the show right now with the best bodies. Who else would they choose to put in these scenes? Plus, I could see all three characters participating, more so than I could anyone else.

I loved the digs at PSNS during the article.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Apr 18 2013, 03:10 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

lysie
Apr 18 2013, 03:02 PM
This was actually posted earlier this week but since no one seemed to see it, I'm relenting and leaving it here, lol.
I consider myself sufficiently chastised for not paying attention. :spank:
Online Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 18 2013, 03:15 PM
lysie
Apr 18 2013, 03:02 PM
I consider myself sufficiently chastised for not paying attention. :spank:
You're like the 5th person. I've grown weary.
Offline Profile Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

HOT! If I could get rid of Cameron and Rafe, and threw up Lucas and EJ or Will, it'd be much better though. :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

lazydazes
Member Avatar

woohoo! Can`t wait to see rafe, cameron, and brady strut their stuff. DVR is already programmed and will be a keeper!
Offline Profile Goto Top

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

Can't wait to see Brady and Cameron.Take it off!...can do without Rafe. :yuk:
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 18 2013, 02:56 PM
"When you launch your career on Passions as both actors did you probably don't have much dignity left!"

:mutley:
that part was just MEAN, lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

I wonder if Jennifer will be as disgusted with Daniel for being a stripper as she was with Jack for being a Vegas show girl. (I know, I know, there were other things going on. Still, this sounds as cheesy as that was.)

Anyway, if it's true what GG said and Shawn had to get drunk to get through these scenes, I kinda almost feel bad for him.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

Quote:

"If we all shake our tallywhackers for charity, how bad can it be, right?"

OMG I can't stop laughing! That part about Caroline ... damn near peed my pants!
Offline Profile Goto Top

nanasmiles

Just why were Lucas and EJ left out anyway?!?!?! PTB?????? Can't you answer this????? And where are Will and T and Sonny???
Offline Profile Goto Top

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Ugh, I would've loved to see Wilson, Chad & EJ up on that stage!! :wub:

Why Rafe & Daniel???? :drunk:
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Matt
Apr 18 2013, 02:55 PM
Quote:

Apparently, so does Gering. "Our choreographer was one of those Thunder From Down Under types who had absolutely no shame," Gering says. "At one point he had us rehearsing this dance where I was going, 'Whoa! I don't know about this. It looks like Rafe is [doing something sexual to] Daniel!' The choreographer said, 'No, no, it doesn't look that way at all!' But then I look over at the other guys and they're all going, "Uh, yeah it does." So we had to change that part but, otherwise, it all turned out great. I don't know why we never did this on Passions. I guess I was too busy doing bedroom scenes with an orangutan."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Eric-Martsolf-Galen-Gering-1064174.aspx
LOLOLOL! I kind of wish they hadn't changed that part.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

"I kept remembering what they taught us in acting school: Dare to suck." ^o) :lol:

Making Rafe a part of this is really random. I agree with the person who said Chad should have been involved.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic