Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Prospect Park Suing ABC for 25 Million
Topic Started: Apr 18 2013, 05:43 PM (1,400 Views)
Drew
Member Avatar

I'm reserving judgement on quality until it airs. Those AMC street scenes from the promo looked Guiding Light-ish, only PP bought them a tripod.

Unless there's union rules preventing it I don't know why they don't just send the actors out into the street like they're on a Bravo reality show and shoot - we all know how cheap to make that genre is and their filming quality has been getting really good (Mob Wives looks so polished!)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Apr 18 2013, 09:41 PM
Yep, I'm not sympathizing with those bastards at ABC. I hope Prospect Park does bleed some money out of them. But at the same time its obvious what PP is doing. I mean get real. Some of their reasonings are so silly. I literally laughed out loud multiple times while reading the actual suit. Now I know how they can afford their good casts and the amazing quality! Its better than all 4 daytime soaps put together. Has to be getting expensive.
It's so dramatic that I'd have no problem believing they asked a poster from a soap board to write it for them.

Drew
Member Avatar

Too much english for it to have been one from around here.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I find it funny that PP is complaining about what GH did with OLTL's characters. Umm hello, why would they bring them to GH if they weren't going to write anything for them???

We complain about so much stuff that soap writers do to characters we love. If we could sue the soap writers every time this happened we all would be rich!!!

I loathe ABC... but PP is doing this to pay their bills and get publicity, and perhaps endure OLTL and AMC fans to them even more since ABC cancelled their shows in the first place lmao.

Tammy
Member Avatar

six
Apr 18 2013, 07:40 PM
The shows are licensed until 2021, IIRC. Here's a link straight to the complaint.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sites/default/files/custom/Documents/ESQ/PROSPECT_ABC_Complaint_WM.pdf

I'm really amused by the mental picture of a judge/jury getting brought to speed on character histories and judging whether or not the things GH Starr/Todd/John did would be out of character for OLTL's Starr/Todd/John.
This makes me laugh so hard! I would be cracking up if the jurors were soap fans lmfao.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Dear. God. That reads like it was written by either Brenda Dickson or David Vickers.

nightfan

Is this really chump change, though? Can it hurt GH/ABC Daytime if the network has to shell out the money? (And it looks like Prospect has a good case.)

Jo Ann Zinaman

Tammy
Apr 18 2013, 07:29 PM
I don't trust either side... but I have NO DOUBT in my mind that ABC want's PP to fail with these shows lol.

And once PP's contract to "lease" these shows is up... you know damn well that ABC won't renew it. So if the fans get to love AMC and OLTL 2.0 they will get screwed in the end again.

ABC and Prospect Park had A Deal for 1 Year. Prospect Park had until January 2013 to get All My Children and One Life To Live in to Production. If Prospect Park was not able to do that, then All My Children and One Life To Live went back to ABC. If Prospect Park was able to do that, then All My Children and One Life To Live Belonged to Prospect Park. It looked like Prospect Park was Possibly going to be able to do This So ABC Extended This another Month. Prospect Park had Until the End of February to get All My Children and One Life To Live in to Production. Prospect Park Started the Production of All My Children AND One Life To Live on February 25 2013. Both Shows Belong to Prospect Park Now. Jody

blueskies
Member Avatar

I can't blame PP for going after ABC. And I agree with them that they want PP to fail.

WrecklessLove
Member Avatar

Hey hi! im new. nice to meet u all!

ok on to this crappery here lol. I love OLTL, and i get what they are talking about, but what they are missing is the fact that they shut the entire project down at one point. how the hell was ABC supposed to know it would rise from the dead. as fas as im concerned, they had every right to create storylines in their favor. as a fan of both, i may not have agreed with them all the time, but who the hell am i lol
Edited by WrecklessLove, Apr 22 2013, 10:18 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply