Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, April 22nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 19 2013, 06:17 AM (11,584 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

annie21

I recognize most of the adults (and some of the kids) in the first two rows. After that, it's tougher, lol!

ETA: Gotta love those big 70's collars on some of the guys.
Edited by annie21, Apr 19 2013, 08:30 AM.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

That cast looks huge compared to today. :(

T-Love74
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 19 2013, 06:17 AM
Posted Image

Discuss!
What year is this?

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

I'm wondering if we get days today with all the stuff going on in the news today.

annie21

T-Love74
Apr 19 2013, 09:10 AM
lysie
Apr 19 2013, 06:17 AM
Posted Image

Discuss!
What year is this?
I'm guessing 1982.

If I'm correct and that's JR in the back, he came on as Abe in 1981. And KA started as Hope in April 1983.

Somewhere in there.

But I could be totally wrong! lol

six
Member Avatar

I don't think that's JR. I'm guessing those are the actors who played some of the Grants. Isn't that the girl who played Janice with SR? She was an adult by the 80s, right?
Edited by six, Apr 19 2013, 10:15 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

That's definitely late-70s. I see Brooke Hamilton, Jeri Clayton, Lorraine Temple, and Donna Temple Craig. With Don/Marlena together and Amanda still there, I'm going to venture to say (guess) 1979.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Posted Image

13th Anniversary Cast Photo, 1978.

Don't cheat, but try to name as many as you can!!
Edited by Jason47, Apr 19 2013, 11:04 AM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

DawnElicia
Apr 19 2013, 09:18 AM
I'm wondering if we get days today with all the stuff going on in the news today.
My guess is it will be pre-empted.

Jason47
Member Avatar

blueskies
Apr 19 2013, 11:03 AM
DawnElicia
And with the four-month lead in taping, that pushes any April-August "Friday cliffhangers" to "Monday non-cliffhangers."

No word yet from NBC. So far the only update is that NBC Nightly News will offer an optional second half hour to all affiliates this evening.
Edited by Jason47, Apr 19 2013, 11:09 AM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Jason47
Apr 19 2013, 11:05 AM
blueskies
DawnElicia
And with the four-month lead in taping, that pushes any April-August "Friday cliffhangers" to "Monday non-cliffhangers."

No word yet from NBC. So far the only update is that NBC Nightly News will offer an optional second half hour to all affiliates this evening.
Hopefully they built in some extra cliffhangers just in case of preemptions.

Jason47
Member Avatar

National preemption should kick in if NBC News stays on past 1:35PM ET.

annie21

Thanks, Jason, six and Matt. Next time I venture to guess, I'll put my glasses on first! :)

WillFan
Member Avatar

Patricia Barry debuted as Addie Williams today in 1971

Corinne Conley made her first appearance as Phyllis Anderson today in 1973.

Peter Reckell taped his first episode as Bo Brady today in 1983 . He left the show in 1987 and when he returned in 1990 his first airdate was also April 19.

David Wallace debuted as Tod Chandler today in 1985.

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

Being that the live news is still on...watching on my computer via live feed. I have a feeling this will go on all afternoon. Reporter just said they are being moved back again after they are taken to get vehicles....They will probably not ait it. Wonder if Canada will get it today

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Jason47
Posted Image

Posted Image

13th Anniversary Cast Photo, 1978.

Don't cheat, but try to name as many as you can!!
ok. just off the top of my head...

row 1: Mark Tapscott (Bob Anderson); Margaret Mason (Linda Anderson); Suzanne Roger (Maggie Horton); John Clarke (Mickey Horton); I'm going to guess the little girl in front is either Martha Nix (Janice Barnes) or Melissa (actress name is escaping me); Mac Carey (Tom Horton); Frances Reid (Alice Horton); Susan Seaforth Hayes (Julie Williams); Natasha Ryan (Hope Williams) in front; Andrea Hall-Lovell (Samantha Evans)
row 2: short dark hair, I'm not sure; don't know either of those kids off the top of my head but I think one may be Jennifer Rose; Jed Allan (Don Craig); Deidre Hall (Marlena Evans); Wesley Eure (Mike Horton); Ed Mallory (Bill Horton); Bill Hayes (Doug Williams); Richard Guthrie (David Banning)
row 3: Francine York (Lorraine Temple); Tracey Bregman (Donna Temple Craig); I'm guessing it's something Stanhope; Fran Ryan (Bill & Laura's housekeeper); Mary Frann (Amanda Howard); Joe Gallison (Neil Curtis); I forget her name (Jeri Clayton); Robert Clary (Robert LeClair); no clue
row 4: Isn't that Don Frabotta?; after that, I'm not sure about any of the back row although the guy next to the black lady looks very familiar
Edited by Matt, Apr 19 2013, 11:28 AM.

Jason47
Member Avatar

WillFan
Apr 19 2013, 11:22 AM
Patricia Barry debuted as Addie Williams today in 1971

Corinne Conley made her first appearance as Phyllis Anderson today in 1973.

Peter Reckell taped his first episode as Bo Brady today in 1983 . He left the show in 1987 and when he returned in 1990 his first airdate was also April 19.

David Wallace debuted as Tod Chandler today in 1985.
4/19/71: Tom, Alice, Susan, Julie, Doug, Addie, Scott, Telephone Operator's Voice.
Sets: Horton Living Room, Doug’s Apartment, Banning Bedroom, Scott’s Office, Small Corner of Addie’s Paris Apartment.

4/19/73: Julie, Doug, Phyllis, Susan, Mary.
Sets: Susan’s Apartment, Anderson Studio, Anderson Living Room.

5/3/83 (taped 4/19/83): Neil, Don, Marlena, Marie, Liz, Abe, Danny, Roman, Oliver, Eugene, Trista, Hope, Bo, Marty, Zoe, Jeanie, Cop.
Sets: Shenanigans, Abe & Roman’s Office & Outer Office, Liz’s Living Room, Neil’s Car, Park, Alley Behind Shenanigans, Roman & Marlena’s Bedroom (Limbo).

4/19/85: Bo, Chris, Hope, Ivy, Kimberly, Liz, Melissa, Mickey, Neil, Pete, Shane, Tod, Speed, Janey.
Sets: Curtis Living Room, Kimberly’s Apartment, Lakehouse, Shenanigans, Ivy’s Apartment.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

And here's Brian Williams taking over the news in the 1pm hour. I'm guessing total pre-emption.

Ryboy73

Jason47
Apr 19 2013, 11:05 AM
blueskies
DawnElicia

Won't Friday's 4/19 episode of DAYS be on SoapNet tonight?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply