Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dexter Season 8 Discussion; The Final Season
Topic Started: Apr 20 2013, 12:16 PM (1,264 Views)
darraholic
Member Avatar

Here's a sneak preview

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/04/19/dexter-final-season-trailer/

Dexter premieres on June 30th.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

Posted Image

King
Member Avatar

Looks great! Let's wrap this sucker up.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6ckzE5vT0wc

OMG I can't wait!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

The latest promo is amazeballs. Holy crap. I didn't expect them to go this dark with Deb. But I absolutely love it. I'm so glad Dexter is going out while still at the top of it's game.

cantstopme
Member Avatar

I really really really hope it doesn't end with him dead or in prison but I don't know what else could happen.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Dexter's final season premiere starts tonight at 9:00 PM! If you want to watch a series of promos and teasers:

Spoiler: click to toggle

darraholic
Member Avatar

What a great premiere. Jennifer Carpenter was amazing. She's grown as an actress so much throughout the series. You can get a real sense of the pain Deb is suffering and the regret she has for killing Maria.

Evelyn is a great character as well.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

This season has been pretty damn great so far. Hannah is one the best things to happen to this show and Dr. Evelyn Vogel has been such a great addition this season. I also have really taken a liking to Sam Underwood who plays Dexter's protege.

And though I've never really been into him, for some reason Michael C. Hall is totally doing it for me this season ... then there's his beautiful ass. What a gift! It's a shame he's a complete prick in real life.

Unfortunately, the writing is still way too dumbed down. There have been so many instances this season where they put in these completely useless and unnecessary one liner voice overs. It's almost embarrassing to watch.
Edited by Bright Eyes, Aug 18 2013, 11:19 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Aug 18 2013, 11:18 PM
This season has been pretty damn great so far. Hannah is one the best things to happen to this show and Dr. Evelyn Vogel has been such a great addition this season. I also have really taken a liking to Sam Underwood who plays Dexter's protege.

And though I've never really been into him, for some reason Michael C. Hall is totally doing it for me this season ... then there's his beautiful ass. What a gift! It's a shame he's a complete prick in real life.

Unfortunately, the writing is still way too dumbed down. There have been so many instances this season where they put in these completely useless and unnecessary one liner voice overs. It's almost embarrassing to watch.
Hannah sucks.

For the first time since season 3 I actually skipped an episode because of her. I read the spoilers for this past Sunday's episode and I decided to not even watch it because I can't take all the Dexter/Hannah crap.

This is the final season. The endgame should be much more epic than 'will he or won't he find true love?' There are only a few episodes left and we're still wasting our time with mini-arc villains and crap nobody cares about like Masuka and his daughter and Jamie and Quinn. Is anyone of relevance going to discover the truth about Dexter before the show ends or is Dexter and Hannah's happy ending all that matters at this point?

Mason
Member Avatar

Thanks to CBS and Time Warner, I haven't seen a new episode of Dexter in weeks (though I made sure to track down caps of MCH from the most recent episode!), but I have been very underwhelmed with this season, too.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

I haven't watch since the season premier cause Dexter comes on the same time as True Blood for me. I plan on getting caught up since this is the last season.

Mason
Member Avatar

The finale better be freaking spectacular because this season as a whole has been majorly disappointing to me. I hate that the last season of Dexter has pretty much centered on irrelevant characters like Hannah and Dr. Vogel. Season 7, if tweaked in certain areas, would have made a much better final season.

cantstopme
Member Avatar

Mason
Sep 17 2013, 08:23 PM
The finale better be freaking spectacular because this season as a whole has been majorly disappointing to me. I hate that the last season of Dexter has pretty much centered on irrelevant characters like Hannah and Dr. Vogel. Season 7, if tweaked in certain areas, would have made a much better final season.
I completely agree. I loved last week's episode but every other episode has been dull.

But with all the loose ends they left last week, I dont see how they could wrap it all up in 1 hour.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

I didn't like the series finale. I was shock that Deb
. I cant believe Dexter is going to let Hannah raise Harrison. Hello she's a killer too.So I guess Dexter is Starting over.
Edited by EJ_SamiFF, Sep 22 2013, 09:01 PM.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

EJ_SamiFF
Sep 22 2013, 09:01 PM
. I cant believe Dexter is going to let Hannah raise Harrison. Hello she's a killer too.So I guess Dexter is Starting over.
They seriously did that?! WTF. I haven't watched since season five, but still...shocked.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Worst series finale in history.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Casey
Sep 22 2013, 11:49 PM
EJ_SamiFF
Sep 22 2013, 09:01 PM
They seriously did that?! WTF. I haven't watched since season five, but still...shocked.
Yep.

Debra was shot by this season's big bad who Dexter idiotically kept alive and she died in the hospital after Dexter turned off her life support. He then took her body and dumped it in the ocean before driving his boat into a hurricane and faking his death to "protect" Hannah and Harrison from all the chaos his life brings. The final scene took place after a time jump and featured a bearded Dexter working as a lumberjack and living in a cabin presumably somewhere north.

No one of relevance (other than Deb) ever learned the truth about Dexter.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

^ Wow. Not a single person from Miami Metro found out about him? The best part (IMO) would have been the reaction from everybody he was associated with for the past eight season's. Talk about missing the biggest beat of the ending. I'm really glad I never took the time to watch seasons 6-8. From the talk on here, they don't sound pretty. I want my memories of this show to remain positive.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Casey
Sep 23 2013, 01:02 AM
^ Wow. Not a single person from Miami Metro found out about him?
Nope.

I don't know if it's because the writers didn't know how to write it or if they actually thought this ending was better, but either way they're idiots. 8 seasons of building to a payoff just to rip us off in the end. Very disappointing.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply