Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dexter Season 8 Discussion; The Final Season
Topic Started: Apr 20 2013, 12:16 PM (1,244 Views)
cantstopme
Member Avatar

I am pissed.

Just plain pissed.

I believe the tear on his face at the end, wasn't Dexter's tear because of his sad isolated life.... it was Michael C Hall's tear because he couldn’t believe this shitty ending was actually happening.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Seriously?! I spent nearly 7 years waiting for THAT?!

Bullshit!

I liked literally nothing about the finale.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I'd stopped watching after season 5 but burned through the final season over my long weekend hoping for payoff to what used to be a great series. So disappointing. Like everyone else has said - I waited years for the payoff to his double life and didn't get a single thing. The season 7 recap looked like what the finale should have been.

And why did Deb merit the same grave as all of his victims?

Atleast I won't have to hear that woman say "psychopaths" again!
Edited by Drew, Sep 23 2013, 06:51 PM.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

I agree with pretty much everything else said. I tried to go in to the finale without any expectations, but we all had ideas of how we wanted it to or how it should have ended. Seasons 1-4 were where Dexter shined the most, it all fell apart after that. There were hints here and there, but overall the last four seasons had so many problems. Everything and everyone this season should have revolved around Dexter. Even if there wasn't going to be a big reveal, where everyone finds out, there should have been a character here or there that did. At the very least, some hints towards them finding out. Most of this season had no impact at all on Dexter. The biggest WTF moment for me was Dexter killing Saxon. What a let down for Saxon not to be Dexter's last big hurrah, wrapped in plastic. Instead he kills him with a pen, and even with tape of it, he walks out of the PD without so much as a slap on the wrist.

Don't get even me started on that horrible CGI storm scene. Could have gone out with a bang, but they choked.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

If they weren't going to do the big reveal then at least he could have just died in that storm.

It seems it would have been easy to pick up on the trail of Maria finding out last year, especially with Daniel not only knowing everything but being in police custody. What reason did he have to keep quiet about Dexter after he'd doomed him to the electric chair?

He would have known everything about Maria's death from Evelyn's bugged laptop. Batista could have stopped looking like an idiot for the first time in 7 years and avenged his wife. I guess it's something that Deb at least paid for here crime.

And what was even the reason for Masuka's daughter? Long lost relatives are a 5th or 6th season kind of plot when you're not quite there but starting to run on empty (see Jamie), not a final season plot.
Edited by Drew, Sep 23 2013, 07:51 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s64/dexter/news/a517677/dexter-final-episode-alternate-ending-revealed-by-ex-showrunner.html

Atleast someone had the right idea.

cantstopme
Member Avatar

Drew
Sep 23 2013, 08:37 PM
That would have been awesome!

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar

cantstopme
Sep 24 2013, 08:08 AM
Drew
Sep 23 2013, 08:37 PM
That would have been awesome!
Yes it would have. That ending made more sense then the ending we got :flipoff:
Edited by Sonny_BrendaFan, Sep 24 2013, 08:10 AM.

King
Member Avatar

I didn't hate it, but man, that was weird. What a poorly done season. The brain surgeon stuff and Evelyn was all handled so poorly.

That ending would have been amazing.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply