Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Interview: Kimberly McCullough Talks #GH50, ABC Directing Program and Her Desire to Return as Dr. Robin Scorpio-Drake
Topic Started: Apr 20 2013, 02:55 PM (2,994 Views)
bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

INTERVIEW: Kimberly McCullough Talks #GH50, ABC Directing Program and Her Desire to Return as Dr. Robin Scorpio-Drake
By Regan Cellura on April 20, 2013

Posted Image

As a huge part of General Hospital history, Kimberly McCullough (Dr. Robin Scorpio-Drake) was on hand to celebrate the shows past and help look into its future at the recent Paley Center event. I was lucky enough to steal time with the very fun McCullough, who told me about the ABC Directing program, a GH alum she recently spent time with and of course I asked her about her adorable on-screen daughter Brooklyn Rae Silzer (Emma).

The General Hospital fan in McCullough is up-to-date on all the happenings in Port Charles , while the director in her had a tip for the Nurses Ball. McCullough also dished about the possibility of a Robin return.

Daytime Confidential: Just a little bit on your directing. I know youre out there doing that, hows it going?

Kimberly McCullough: Its going really well. I just did my first episode of Shake it Up called "Halloween it Up".

DC: My nieces are going to be ecstatic when I tell them!

KM: Oh I was ecstatic! It was so fun and Zendaya is doing so great on Dancing with the Stars right now. So I did that and right now Im an ABC Director Fellow, so I'm in the program and shadowing different shows.I'm actually going to shadow on Homeland in two weeks which I'm very excited about.

DC: You also got to work with Tyler Christopher on ABC Familys The Lying Game, right?

KM: Yes, were waiting on a pick-up for that. I'm praying I get to direct that show, it would be great. So yeah, I'm just doing that and this is random, but I just
got back last night from shadowing Stephen Kay who was Reginald the Quartermaine butler on General Hospital. Hes a really well known director now.

DC: Are we going to see Robin back anytime soon? Will it fit into the busy directing schedule?

KM: I would like to, put it that way. Its just a matter if Frank wants me back and if they can work with my schedule. We'll just have to see how it goes, but of
course Id be open to it. I miss my family.

DC: I know youre a big fan of the show regardless, have you been watching?

KM: I am! I watch it all the time.

DC: You have to tell us your thoughts on the Nurses Ball and of course Brooklyn Rae Silzer.

KM: She kills me, that kid! Kills me! I mean I cry all the time just because shes just so cute and Im so happy. But, I love the Nurses Ball, I thought it was great. The one thing I thought is that there should be people, it looked a little sparse. See, Im doing the directing thing. [Laughs]

DC: No, I remember back in the day there being a lot more people in the audience at the Nurses Ball.

KM: Yeah, there needs to be like 30 more people. Other than that, it was great.

DC: Congratulations on everything and good luck with all thats coming up!

KM: Thank you, I really appreciate that.

Source: Daytime Confidential
Edited by bellajewel, Apr 20 2013, 03:00 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

GH should bring Robin back, and say goodbye to Britt & Sabrina, or at least end their storylines with Patrick. I like Sabrina with Milo. She's ok in small doses, maybe putting her on recurring. Britt if redeemed would be ok to keep, maybe pair her with AJ!

Mason
Member Avatar

GH can't bring Robin back full-time if KM isn't willing to do that. As for Britt, she doesn't need to be redeemed. I hated her at first, but right now, I think she's just about the perfect balance of bitchy/snarky and vulnerable (and this show needs at least one character who doesn't just adore Sabrina).

WrecklessLove
Member Avatar

i hope she comes back. im new to this board, so im not sure what its like, but other other boards, the hatred for Teresa Castillo is 90% because of Robin not being there. and i do mean hatred. and not just for the character of Sabrina. they go in on her as a person. i dont get it. Teresa is a sweet girl who is playing what is written for her. and its clearly just filler stuff until Kim comes back full time. well, if she comes back full time. Personally i like the current arc for Patrick. i mean, they couldnt just leave him without a storyline after the addiction stuff. I love Sabrina because Emma loves Sabrina lol whatever Emma wants, i am her for. shes so damn cute lol. I hate Britt, but thats kinda the point i guess lol.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

I love that she's still open to coming back if it works with her schedule. I think Frank and Ron could use another short arc to move the story forward. At some point Patrick has to find out she's alive.

lovetoloveya

I keep reading all these reasons why TC should be given a pass( pretty and sweet) but that's not why many can't stand her on GH. They can't stand her because she's overexposed and average in the acting department. Not nearly strong enough to be a lead.

I don't even like Robin. I wish they would've just killed off the character. As for KMC either she wants to be on full time and dedicated to a story or she doesn't!
Edited by lovetoloveya, Apr 22 2013, 08:15 PM.

nightfan

I completely disagree with anyone who says Teresa can't act. I've been amazed by all the scrubs at GH. Each and every one of them could appear in the Grey's Anatomy ensemble. Easily.

WrecklessLove
Member Avatar

saying a soap actor is bad at acting is always funny as hell to me lmao i mean come on. thats kinda the point lol joking aside tho, i think she was playing a shy immature dork because.... thats what was written.

I will admit, for a few weeks there, she was on a lot. i can see how that could be annoying for someone who doesnt like the storyline. I'll tell yall, if i never hear the word Relish again, it'll be too damn soon

Kaycee

Id Love to see Robin Back.. Maybe with Amnesia, She could show up at the Hospital, and shock Patrick.. We would be able to see him struggle with his feelings for Sabrina and His Wife who does not remember him at all, And also Sabrina's struggle to accept that Robin is back even if only physically.. Such a story could give Kim time for her ventures, and be at GH..Also opens story for them to Discover what happened to her. I would LOVE IT

natdot99
Member Avatar

The issue some fans have with Sabrina is that she has been propped by nearly every character on the show. I just rewatched the pre-nurse ball and everyone was singing Sabrina, Sabrina.
I like Britt because she a strong woman with a flawed personality. Several patients have commented on her medical skills, so her story is more interesting than Sabrina.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Kaycee
Jul 4 2013, 10:06 PM
Id Love to see Robin Back.. Maybe with Amnesia, She could show up at the Hospital, and shock Patrick.. We would be able to see him struggle with his feelings for Sabrina and His Wife who does not remember him at all, And also Sabrina's struggle to accept that Robin is back even if only physically.. Such a story could give Kim time for her ventures, and be at GH..Also opens story for them to Discover what happened to her. I would LOVE IT
Kinda like the recent Lulu storyline? She was kidnapped by Stavros & could not remember anything about her life or who she was.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Mason
Apr 21 2013, 08:20 AM
GH can't bring Robin back full-time if KM isn't willing to do that. As for Britt, she doesn't need to be redeemed. I hated her at first, but right now, I think she's just about the perfect balance of bitchy/snarky and vulnerable (and this show needs at least one character who doesn't just adore Sabrina).
My post on this will be short because this sums up my sentiments 100%

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

Nice interview by Kimberly.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

When she first left the show (back in 1998), wasn't that to become a director?

Why does it take 15 years to become a movie director? That's longer than it takes to become a doctor or a lawyer.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply