Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[TSM Interview] ‘Days of our Lives” Galen Gering on Rafe’s Past, Present and Family
Topic Started: Apr 21 2013, 09:42 PM (3,496 Views)
Panda Panda
Member Avatar

http://tvsourcemagazine.com/2013/04/interview-days-of-our-lives-galen-gering-on-rafes-past-present-and-family/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

Hmmmmm....interesting comments.

Thanks.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Apparently Rafe has a big story coming up? Hmm. I did like the fact that Galen wanted more to happen with the "Rafe's dead wife" plotline. I definitely want to see how that would be explained.

Vicky4Mimi
Member Avatar

Galen is an awesome guy. I enjoyed the interview! Can't wait to see what's coming up for him.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Looking forward to seeing Galen/Rafe storyline.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Looking forward to Galen`s story too and hope to find out about Rafe`s past.

Lucky
Member Avatar
Rafe proves EJ is a little bitch

Great interview. I always love reading Galen's thoughts on his character and the show. I'm excited to see what is coming up for Rafe.

4hilla4

Oh Galen sounds like a great guy!
I truly hope Rafe and Kate will continue their .. What ever it is they have!
I'm a big Rate fan!!! :cheer:

shellyj

thanx for posting this. always interesting to see what galen has to say. looking forward to rafe's new story
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Honestly the best part of the interview is that he has a new storyline coming! I look forward to a change that makes sense for his character.

It's kinda sad when all he has to contribute to his repetitive scenes is whether he is at the top or the bottom of the bed. Does he drive home and think, 'Damn I should have had my legs hanging off the side'? Sorry Galen, I know you are trying your best with flat material, but it's apparent this should have been left as a drunken ONS. The comment about Rafe softening to Kate because Stefano blackmailed her into marriage makes no sense when Rafe doesn't know what Stefano had on her. Kate went crazy on his friend Daniel and poisoned Chloe. Are we to believe none of this matters to a guy of his supposed integrity? They are too much of a stretch, so it's with great relief that his story will veer off in what is hopefully a much better direction. I'm tired of wading through nonsensical writing.

I do love the Gabi/Rafe sibling relationship. Luckily, they've done a wonderful job focusing on how much they care and watch out for each other. Those are scenes I have no trouble finding truth in.

camera shy

Hamilton
Apr 22 2013, 08:44 AM
Honestly the best part of the interview is that he has a new storyline coming! I look forward to a change that makes sense for his character.

It's kinda sad when all he has to contribute to his repetitive scenes is whether he is at the top or the bottom of the bed. Does he drive home and think, 'Damn I should have had my legs hanging off the side'? Sorry Galen, I know you are trying your best with flat material, but it's apparent this should have been left as a drunken ONS. The comment about Rafe softening to Kate because Stefano blackmailed her into marriage makes no sense when Rafe doesn't know what Stefano had on her. Kate went crazy on his friend Daniel and poisoned Chloe. Are we to believe none of this matters to a guy of his supposed integrity? They are too much of a stretch, so it's with great relief that his story will veer off in what is hopefully a much better direction. I'm tired of wading through nonsensical writing.

I do love the Gabi/Rafe sibling relationship. Luckily, they've done a wonderful job focusing on how much they care and watch out for each other. Those are scenes I have no trouble finding truth in.

Remember when Rafe barely hadn't any scenes with Gabi and we didn't even see him check up on her? It was all about taking care of Sami and her family. Glad to see that has changed.

camera shy

Doesn't sound like he was happy at all about the way Safe ended.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

camera shy
Apr 22 2013, 09:10 AM
No, it doesn't.

The writing from pre-wedding to post-wedding was very disjointed. That, plus GG's comment about other things being in play, makes me think the post-wedding shift toward Ejami wasn't necessarily what the writers were planning on doing and that it was dictated by higher ups.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

^^and it showed on screen and that is the worse thing....we all saw the story going in one direction and then the shift came and they broke up because Rafe sided with his sister in lieu of Sami...oh, how horrible that was....it was just stupid the way the story shifted and how abruptly it did too. The only good thing about that is that if NBC gets a bug up their ass again about a story shift they'd make it happen equally as quickly.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Apr 22 2013, 10:36 AM
^^and it showed on screen and that is the worse thing....we all saw the story going in one direction and then the shift came and they broke up because Rafe sided with his sister in lieu of Sami...oh, how horrible that was....it was just stupid the way the story shifted and how abruptly it did too. The only good thing about that is that if NBC gets a bug up their ass again about a story shift they'd make it happen equally as quickly.
It totally showed up on-screen. Days' lack of consistency regarding their long-term story direction has sucked for the last few years. All the writing changes, plus seemingly lots of cooks in the kitchen, makes for shifts that seem to come out of nowhere. That's why the only way I can enjoy the show anymore is just to go with the flow. I no longer look for overarching stories of depth that are driven by consistent character development. These stories simply don't seem to exist on this show anymore. If what's on my screen that day/week/month is entertaining to me, then I'm satisfied. If it's not, then I turn it off.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Apr 22 2013, 10:00 AM
camera shy
No, it doesn't.

The writing from pre-wedding to post-wedding was very disjointed. That, plus GG's comment about other things being in play, makes me think the post-wedding shift toward Ejami wasn't necessarily what the writers were planning on doing and that it was dictated by higher ups.
I think the other things in play resulted in a delay in putting Sami and EJ together, but I'm convinced that the intent to go with them as a couple, has been in place since MarDar was writing.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

tomsawyer
Apr 22 2013, 10:53 AM
LuvingLumi
It totally showed up on-screen. Days' lack of consistency regarding their long-term story direction has sucked for the last few years. All the writing changes, plus seemingly lots of cooks in the kitchen, makes for shifts that seem to come out of nowhere. That's why the only way I can enjoy the show anymore is just to go with the flow. I no longer look for overarching stories of depth that are driven by consistent character development. These stories simply don't seem to exist on this show anymore. If what's on my screen that day/week/month is entertaining to me, then I'm satisfied. If it's not, then I turn it off.
In addition to the writing changes I think their taping schedule is the worse. They have to plan a story for months on end, tape it and by the time the fans react (negatively or positively) pretty much 4 months of the story is in the can. They can't change any of it if the story bombs and the only thing they can do is come out with interviews by Corday or someone else telling everyone to hold on that it'll get better. that is no way to write a show....

MericP
Member Avatar

It's true. The writing was abrupt. None of it made sense. It ruined alot of things, including my enjoyment of EJami coming together.

samwel

tomsawyer
Apr 22 2013, 10:53 AM
LuvingLumi
If Rafe can teleport into the safehouse, no explanations asked or needed and Sami all of a sudden be all about him :rolleyes: another change should not be too much of a shock to the system right, especially when this time they even if poorly executed made a go at the triangle and only speeded it up for the culmination at the wedding.

But his attitude is par on course, just a little less bitching compared to last time, but overall more of the same. :rolleyes:

samwel

gailwinters
Apr 22 2013, 11:00 AM
tomsawyer
Apr 22 2013, 10:00 AM
camera shy
No, it doesn't.

I think the other things in play resulted in a delay in putting Sami and EJ together, but I'm convinced that the intent to go with them as a couple, has been in place since MarDar was writing.
I agree and a key indicator of that IMO was what was being done with EJ.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply