Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 4/22
Topic Started: Apr 22 2013, 06:22 AM (24,414 Views)
Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

LucasHortonFan
Apr 28 2013, 01:07 PM
yes especially Bryan. I don't know why but Tomlin seems to have it in for Bryan and his fans. That is just wrong. ALL fans are his bread and butter, I just don't understand why Bryan and his fans continually get screwed. GH knows how to treat their vets, apparently Days doesn't give a fuck. Sad, but true.
I think Lucas could work with the right storyline. He can be a very amusing character. I liked him many many years ago when he was with Sami. I hope they find a creative use for him, that way he can be occupied in a storyline, not be a part of EJAMI but be in Salem for Will. I see him going darker, he is Kate's son and didn't he used to work for Tony. He could have some mysterious business linked to his time in China. He could be bringing things back, what could they be? He could have taken R.K Bowfinger's advice and become a fake purse ninja! Seriously, I do think the actor and character has potential but trying to be a saintly Horton has left the character frustrated and angry.

I sent my 250 tweets last week. Every tweet is recorded and read, that is if you tweet the President, of the United States that is. I would be more than happy to elaborate until I get my account back and running. I hope all of you follow me, I will follow you!

:flipoff: suckers
Edited by Harlee Kin, Apr 28 2013, 07:07 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

Harlee Kin
Apr 28 2013, 07:07 PM
LucasHortonFan
Apr 28 2013, 01:07 PM
yes especially Bryan. I don't know why but Tomlin seems to have it in for Bryan and his fans. That is just wrong. ALL fans are his bread and butter, I just don't understand why Bryan and his fans continually get screwed. GH knows how to treat their vets, apparently Days doesn't give a fuck. Sad, but true.
I think Lucas could work with the right storyline. He can be a very amusing character. I liked him many many years ago when he was with Sami. I hope they find a creative use for him, that way he can be occupied in a storyline, not be a part of EJAMI but be in Salem for Will. I see him going darker, he is Kate's son and didn't he used to work for Tony. He could have some mysterious business linked to his time in China. He could be bringing things back, what could they be? He could have taken R.K Bowfinger's advice and become a fake purse ninja! Seriously, I do think the actor and character has potential but trying to be a saintly Horton has left the character frustrated and angry.

Just announced in the other thread though that Bryan was dropped to recurring a few months ago.
Edited by Jason47, Apr 28 2013, 07:11 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

WillFan
Member Avatar

freddie smith■@freddiemsmith
Lost my phone in a cab last night :( it's so weird not having a phone and not getting one shipped til Tuesday #Ifeelnaked
https://twitter.com/freddiemsmith/status/328590450241978368
Offline Profile Goto Top

WillFan
Member Avatar

Casey Deidrick■@CaseyDeidrick
Shooting some running scenes with @rgala Yo! Pass me the coffee stat!
View photo
http://t.co/PYqGqKngLF
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Apr 28 2013, 05:54 PM
LuvingLumi
Apr 28 2013, 05:17 PM
ladyofthelake
Apr 28 2013, 05:07 PM
I think we really don't know who is in power and who's making the decisions. I will have to be honest: the J&M thing doesn't bother me. Often, I think Drake does better with other actors, but that's just me. (Yes, I know. Heresy!!!) The Jack thing bothered the hell out of me, though.
But, I do think this storyline could include Doc in on his plan. A little, I think, has to do with people who really don't understand the personalities. Probably a lot has to do with too many cooks spoiling the broth, with too many head honchos in too many various places in power wanting their ways. Soaps don't have the pull for TV they once did. And, based on what I read on boards with other shows, even prime-time, character changes and writing them weirdly and out of personality isn't unique to this show. And, of course, the filming so far ahead of time where there isn't time to make quit changes on something that doesn't work doesn't help. In all honesty, I think the powers that be might consider Days fans a lot like the Queen of Hearts in Alice in Wonderland. I haven't been on boards very long, but it seems to me every year or two, there is always an "Off with his head!" or "Off with her head" campaign. After a while, I think they'd just shrug those off.
You see I wouldn't be worried about the writing for John and Marlena if some of the same patterns that occurred in late 2008/2009 where showing up again.....they are being marginalized, written OOC. To top it all off, this all started to happen a few months after TomSell were back at DOOL in the writing capacity this time. It has long been rumored (and now I believe it was absolutely truth btw) that Tomlin was in fact writing for a good part of the time that Dena was suppose to be pushing out her outlines. It's evident now that maybe the problem was that Tomlin just had his finger in the co-ep pot and in the writing room too. To top it all off he's treating Lucas the same exact fucking way he did in 2009 and it's not like this time around he can't include him in a story, shit HE'S GOING TO BE A GRANDPA, but remember what occurred the last time in the Dan/Chloe/Lucas triangle? Tomlin/Dena (whomever was writing) took him out of his own fucking triangle and transplanted him with Kate...soon after Lucas was written off.....let's face it...it's too much of a coincidence that the ONLY THREE FUCKING VETS That remained after the purge when TomSell got hired are being treated the SAME EXACT WAY THEY WERE BEFORE. Let's face it....he doesn't like writing for them, and unless he goes, NOTHING WILL CHANGE.

The minute I heard that TomSell had replaced MarDar I knew that Lucas' days were numbered, I hoped for the best, but knew it was impossible. That man is toxic to this show. Think about it this way...he's supposedly been 'forced' to write for Ejami, explains the air time and kind of story he has given them....we all know if this was Safe he was forced to write for (like what happened in late 2009) then he'd be giving them tons of airtime and showcasing their love story. He has ways of getting around what he doesn't like.....and low and behold if he was forced not to go with Safe, then Rafe could not be without a believable love interest for too long....enter Chrishell's character..
You could be right. Then again, I don't have a horse in this race. :shrug:
You don't have a horse but you want to enjoy the race. And right now they are putting all the known winners for sale for glue. And sticking us with ponies and pompous asses. Doesn't make for a good show at all.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysofold

bomber
Apr 28 2013, 07:06 PM
IIttu
Apr 28 2013, 05:14 PM
annie21
Apr 28 2013, 04:17 PM
The writers and execs seem to recognize that the core 2 million viewers are going to watch no matter what Viewers can rant and complain as loud and as long as they like. But as long as that same core audience keeps tuning in, it won't matter.
THIS. I've been under the same impression for so long, and it really annoys me because I personally want to do the job I'm paid to do as well as possible, no matter how minor or big the job itself is. It's about moral. And especially in this business I'd expect to see some sort of professional pride both by the actors and the crew. No one on Days should be satisfied by average performances, the least the writing team.. Yes, they can air a shitty show just because they can, but I bet working there would feel much more rewarding if you could tell the audience really enjoys watching the show and isn't just sitting in front of TV out of a habit.

And I seriously want Ken Corday to finally step aside. This show really needs new enthusiasm in its management. Greg Meng seemed to have some during the reboot in 2011 but he, too, vanished rather quickly.
I am not sure that Corday stepping aside is the answer. Although I agree that he is pretty ineffectual as an EP I believe that any nods to the past are his doing. I think if he stepped aside you would have Sony (and Tomlin) running the show and they don't give a damn about any legacy characters or old-time viewers at all. It might be a case of be careful what you wish for.
Then truly the show is better off canceled. The absolute crap TomSell has been giving the viewers is pathetic and if they don't invest or care about the history that made Days in the first place, they need to go elsewhere. The problem is that they are the low of the low as far as writers in the industry.
Offline Profile Goto Top

samwel

ladyofthelake
In all honesty, I think the powers that be might consider Days fans a lot like the Queen of Hearts in Alice in Wonderland. I haven't been on boards very long, but it seems to me every year or two, there is always an "Off with his head!" or "Off with her head" campaign. After a while, I think they'd just shrug those off.
I totally agree with this.

Just speaking from my perspective, when Mar/Dar were fired and TomSel were hired there was much celebration and NBC did it to end EJAMI, Tomsel hates them so they are going to put an end to it :blah: and lo and behold look what happened and the script flipped and time for them to go.

And this has been similar for other ships.....point is I won't be surprised if they are at the point where they do not care because you cannot please everyone, one person;s horse is another's braying ass :shrug:

Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

In that message it says Drake says "the vets" are currently being targetted. give that BD has been on recurring since February I presume Drake is referring to others as well. Since they are bringing in 2 new women I am wondering how safe some female vets such as KA or MR are. IMO I think it's already a given that the D.H.s are on recurring (if they're lucky).
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Its pure bullshit the fake mantra that I keep hearing that Tomlin doesn't want to write for Ejami. What do you call seven years of constsnt front burner storytelling. Filled with fantasies and rewritten history. He may not want to write them as a stand alone couple but he is more than willing to write for them.

There are so many reasons I hate EJami but number two is because they have been a pet of this show for the last seven years, destructive years, and never deserved it. They were handed the same golden spoon as Dannifer. And neither Shawn nor James has been able to lead a successful story.

I dont understand leading men who don't have any successes but still lead. I thought that shit only happened on Wall Street.

And this show has men that could lead. Brady is a prime example! But no let s make him the idiot goof .

To be fair I'm not saying JS and SC should never lead. But they should not lead all the time. Play around with different storylines and different actors and actresses leading.

You may find an unexpected success instead of constant failure.
Edited by Aliaron, Apr 29 2013, 12:20 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

bomber
Apr 29 2013, 12:00 AM
In that message it says Drake says "the vets" are currently being targetted. give that BD has been on recurring since February I presume Drake is referring to others as well. Since they are bringing in 2 new women I am wondering how safe some female vets such as KA or MR are. IMO I think it's already a given that the D.H.s are on recurring (if they're lucky).
KA would surely have to be safe - and they've just invested a hefty amount of capital and bringing in extras to support MR's storylines.
I can't imagine they would get rid of them too quickly.

AZ is another matter - she's only been on about 8 minutes a week in a story with small investment of others. Wouldn't be surprised if her and Eric are packed off to a missionary in Africa - perhaps they'll take MBE with them so Kayla can reconnect with Steve.

CB is virtually non existent in her own story - once they get that baby out of her she'll be unnecessary particularly if they have Jen Lilley in to fill out the numbers. And KM's story was just a big facade to let Shawn Christian wiggle himself scantilly clad on stage so she could go as well.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

concerned
Apr 29 2013, 12:16 AM
bomber
Apr 29 2013, 12:00 AM
KA would surely have to be safe - and they've just invested a hefty amount of capital and bringing in extras to support MR's storylines.
I can't imagine they would get rid of them too quickly.

AZ is another matter - she's only been on about 8 minutes a week in a story with small investment of others. Wouldn't be surprised if her and Eric are packed off to a missionary in Africa - perhaps they'll take MBE with them so Kayla can reconnect with Steve.

CB is virtually non existent in her own story - once they get that baby out of her she'll be unnecessary particularly if they have Jen Lilley in to fill out the numbers. And KM's story was just a big facade to let Shawn Christian wiggle himself scantilly clad on stage so she could go as well.
But MR's storylines could hardly be described as wildly popular and I can't believe TIIC will flog a dead horse forever. Also KA is being totally wasted and she can't come all that cheap. Unless they put her in a big story soon I think she is at risk. I do wonder about AZ. i think she is particularly vulnerable as she has already been paired with most of the available men but Ericole is proving to be popular and it's a slow burner so it should stay for awhile yet. CB going wouldn't bother me in the least but I would be sorry to see KM go even though the character development has been disappointing. I also think it's an ageist thing so I think KA or MR are more at risk than either CB or KM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kriss4

They're not going to get rid of them right now. They may put them on recurring at some point in the not too distant future. No one's really safe. We can't know what they plan. Thing is, they CAN use the recurring characters well in stories. They've done it for John Aniston for a long time. But they don't do that as a general rule. If you could be sure Bryan WOULD be used, it might not be bad. But hasn't he said he hasn't filmed in quite awhile?
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

samwel
Apr 28 2013, 11:56 PM
ladyofthelake
In all honesty, I think the powers that be might consider Days fans a lot like the Queen of Hearts in Alice in Wonderland. I haven't been on boards very long, but it seems to me every year or two, there is always an "Off with his head!" or "Off with her head" campaign. After a while, I think they'd just shrug those off.
I totally agree with this.

Just speaking from my perspective, when Mar/Dar were fired and TomSel were hired there was much celebration and NBC did it to end EJAMI, Tomsel hates them so they are going to put an end to it :blah: and lo and behold look what happened and the script flipped and time for them to go.

And this has been similar for other ships.....point is I won't be surprised if they are at the point where they do not care because you cannot please everyone, one person;s horse is another's braying ass :shrug:

No, but a writer should write for all rooting/popular couples, not just 2-3 who are his faves, while purposely trying to be destructive. If someone hates the character of John, for example, and doesn't give a shit if he is being written OOC/destroyed, then just have the balls to admit it, and admit that you don't care what happens to him. But to dismiss a huge fanbase's frustrations as just "imagining bad writing" is wrong. It's pretty damn plain to see that the writing for this storyline is shitty.

Just be happy you are enjoying your faves, and have compassion for those whose couple is being destroyed. Because if the shoe was on the other foot, you'd be bitching about the writing, too, and rooting for a new HW who could write well for your faves. That's just a fact.

Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

Oh, and I believe KA is safe. She has Corday in her hip pocket. KA might not get much of a story, but she's got a contract that's not going away because Corday says so. Same as JT - he has Corday in his hip pocket, too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sariah
Member Avatar

Isn't it about that time yet where we hear that TomSell are being fired and hear all about the new writers' plan to "Save Days!"? I keep hoping it will happen soon. It seems like it should.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamy
Member Avatar

I think calling & twitter is all we can do. Who knows, it could work! Lets do it!
Offline Profile Goto Top

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

@nbcdays @nbc @DeCazotte1 @SteveKentSony @GregMeng
That's a good start on who to Tweet to. Whether they actually read the tweets is another matter. With the ratings hovering between 1.7 and 1.9, with a 2.0 on a rare occasion, they can feel free to ignore all the tweets, FB posts, letters & calls they want, but they can't ignore the shitty ratings. I just have a feeling that TomSell are going with such an agressive taping schedule not only for economic reasons, but because they know the writing is probably on the wall for them to be replaced at some point (whenever Corday has a bad day on the links) and they want to take the show where THEY want it to go - viewers be damned. JMO of course.
Edited by No1_ILoveLucyFan, Apr 29 2013, 05:42 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Apr 29 2013, 12:08 AM
Its pure bullshit the fake mantra that I keep hearing that Tomlin doesn't want to write for Ejami. What do you call seven years of constsnt front burner storytelling. Filled with fantasies and rewritten history. He may not want to write them as a stand alone couple but he is more than willing to write for them.

There are so many reasons I hate EJami but number two is because they have been a pet of this show for the last seven years, destructive years, and never deserved it. They were handed the same golden spoon as Dannifer. And neither Shawn nor James has been able to lead a successful story.

I dont understand leading men who don't have any successes but still lead. I thought that shit only happened on Wall Street.

And this show has men that could lead. Brady is a prime example! But no let s make him the idiot goof .

To be fair I'm not saying JS and SC should never lead. But they should not lead all the time. Play around with different storylines and different actors and actresses leading.

First, ejami is not the first nor the last couple on Days that has the benefit of re-written history. In fact, many couples have had that on this show.

Written for? Years of fighting over the kids, pumping lead into someone's head, dopplegangers in another's bed, etc doesn't exactly spell "writing for" to me. Sure, they have them on amicable terms at times but tptb end up pulling the bait and switch. There are quotes from KC himself essentially stating that "The fans want lumi/safe/etc" and that they will never write EJ/Sami together. It's only until the last year that we have seen the writers actually go for this coupling 100%. Dannifer is the complete opposite. They have written as the root for coupling since Jennifer returned this last go round. So, I'm a bit lost as to evidence that places Dannifer and Ejami in the same category, beyond that they are both given root for writing now.

We have to disagree on SC/JS leading all the time. At the moment, JS/EJ is a supporting character in the Wabi story. I'm actually hearing complaints that EJ doesn't have his own story yet. EM, GV, and GG are also leading stories. Hell, I can make an argument that DH is leading the Bristen story to a degree right now.

I think the writers ARE playing with different storylines and trying to integrate as many people as possible and into multiple s/ls. Is it perfect? No. However, I do not think it is as bad as some claim.
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Apr 29 2013, 06:17 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Apr 29 2013, 05:41 AM
@nbcdays @nbc @DeCazotte1 @SteveKentSony @GregMeng
That's a good start on who to Tweet to. Whether they actually read the tweets is another matter. With the ratings hovering between 1.7 and 1.9, with a 2.0 on a rare occasion, they can feel free to ignore all the tweets, FB posts, letters & calls they want, but they can't ignore the shitty ratings. I just have a feeling that TomSell are going with such an agressive taping schedule not only for economic reasons, but because they know the writing is probably on the wall for them to be replaced at some point (whenever Corday has a bad day on the links) and they want to take the show where THEY want it to go - viewers be damned. JMO of course.
I heard Liza DeCozette took down her twitter acct. Not sure if it's true.
Offline Profile Goto Top

samwel

JamaicanBeauty7
Apr 29 2013, 06:16 AM
Aliaron
Apr 29 2013, 12:08 AM

First, ejami is not the first nor the last couple on Days that has the benefit of re-written history. In fact, many couples have had that on this show.

Written for? Years of fighting over the kids, pumping lead into someone's head, dopplegangers in another's bed, etc doesn't exactly spell "writing for" to me. Sure, they have them on amicable terms at times but tptb end up pulling the bait and switch. There are quotes from KC himself essentially stating that "The fans want lumi/safe/etc" and that they will never write EJ/Sami together. It's only until the last year that we have seen the writers actually go for this coupling 100%. Dannifer is the complete opposite. They have written as the root for coupling since Jennifer returned this last go round. So, I'm a bit lost as to evidence that places Dannifer and Ejami in the same category, beyond that they are both given root for writing now.

We have to disagree on SC/JS leading all the time. At the moment, JS/EJ is a supporting character in the Wabi story. I'm actually hearing complaints that EJ doesn't have his own story yet. EM, GV, and GG are also leading stories. Hell, I can make an argument that DH is leading the Bristen story to a degree right now.

I think the writers ARE playing with different storylines and trying to integrate as many people as possible and into multiple s/ls. Is it perfect? No. However, I do not think it is as bad as some claim.
PREACH!

EJAMI's sl only now seems to be kicking into gear as they were sidelined for others, how that translates into always front burner is beyond me.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic