Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 4/22
Topic Started: Apr 22 2013, 06:22 AM (23,897 Views)
LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

JamaicanBeauty7
Apr 29 2013, 06:16 AM
Aliaron
Apr 29 2013, 12:08 AM
Its pure bullshit the fake mantra that I keep hearing that Tomlin doesn't want to write for Ejami. What do you call seven years of constsnt front burner storytelling. Filled with fantasies and rewritten history. He may not want to write them as a stand alone couple but he is more than willing to write for them.

There are so many reasons I hate EJami but number two is because they have been a pet of this show for the last seven years, destructive years, and never deserved it. They were handed the same golden spoon as Dannifer. And neither Shawn nor James has been able to lead a successful story.

I dont understand leading men who don't have any successes but still lead. I thought that shit only happened on Wall Street.

And this show has men that could lead. Brady is a prime example! But no let s make him the idiot goof .

To be fair I'm not saying JS and SC should never lead. But they should not lead all the time. Play around with different storylines and different actors and actresses leading.

You may find an unexpected success instead of constant failure.

Written for? Years of fighting over the kids, pumping lead into someone's head, dopplegangers in another's bed, etc doesn't exactly spell "writing for" to me. Sure, they have them on amicable terms at times but tptb end up pulling the bait and switch. There are quotes from KC himself essentially stating that "The fans want lumi/safe/etc" and that they will never write EJ/Sami together. It's only until the last year that we have seen the writers actually go for this coupling 100%. Dannifer is the complete opposite. They have written as the root for coupling since Jennifer returned this last go round. So, I'm a bit lost as to evidence that places Dannifer and Ejami in the same category, beyond that they are both given root for writing now.

We have to disagree on SC/JS leading all the time. At the moment, JS/EJ is a supporting character in the Wabi story. I'm actually hearing complaints that EJ doesn't have his own story yet. EM, GV, and GG are also leading stories. Hell, I can make an argument that DH is leading the Bristen story to a degree right now.

I think the writers ARE playing with different storylines and trying to integrate as many people as possible and into multiple s/ls. Is it perfect? No. However, I do not think it is as bad as some claim.
I don't get the argument that a couple isn't 'written for' unless they are written in a romantic love story full off sweetness and light. They are still written for, even if it's not the kind of things their fans wanted, they've been in continuous story since 2007. The fact that this show centered a good portion of their stories around Ej and Sami in some capacity since then is what's important, at least to me. Sure, they didn't get the love story until now, but both JS and AS have gotten plenty of air time and regardless of what was going on with Safe or Ejole, the stories always involved some kind of Ejami in some form or another. Just because it's not what their fans were hoping for, doesn't mean that the story didn't feature them, even if they were adversaries....many characters spent decades hating each other but they were still in story.

I just wish the writers would integrate the characters into the stories that make sense for their characters and not leave characters out of story lines that they should be in. If Ej wants to take down Stefano because he's still bitter that Stefano was going to leave him with nothing when he thought he wasn't his flesh and blood, fine...that's a story that is there for EJ to take....Why even insert him into the plot for Nick? Without giving Kate, Marlena, Lucas the time they deserve in this storyline...and I'm not even touching other storylines except this one...but it's striking how some of the same shit that happened in late 2008/2009 is happening now.

Then: Kate was boinking a much younger man=Daniel/Today: She's boinking a much younger man=Rafe
Then: Lucas was taken out of his own triangle and ended up getting nothing/Today: Lucas was taken out of his own triangle and ended up getting nothing
Then: Daniel and Chloe/Today: Daniel and Jennifer
Then: John was made to be an asshole, Marlena was written very weak/Today: John is made to be an asshole, Marlena is written very weak
Then: Dee, Drake and Bryan were shown the door/Today: Bryan already on recurring, Dee and Drake might be next...
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

samwel
Apr 28 2013, 11:56 PM
ladyofthelake
Apr 28 2013, 05:07 PM
In all honesty, I think the powers that be might consider Days fans a lot like the Queen of Hearts in Alice in Wonderland. I haven't been on boards very long, but it seems to me every year or two, there is always an "Off with his head!" or "Off with her head" campaign. After a while, I think they'd just shrug those off.
I totally agree with this.

Just speaking from my perspective, when Mar/Dar were fired and TomSel were hired there was much celebration and NBC did it to end EJAMI, Tomsel hates them so they are going to put an end to it :blah: and lo and behold look what happened and the script flipped and time for them to go.

And this has been similar for other ships.....point is I won't be surprised if they are at the point where they do not care because you cannot please everyone, one person;s horse is another's braying ass :shrug:

Much celebration? I know you weren't posting here at the time....but maybe you should take a look at this thread from back then: http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8670899/1/

It's hardly a celebration...actually the vast, vast majority of the posters around all boards at the time, not just this one, couldn't believe what was going on. Not many were happy and there was absolutely not much celebration....

Offline Profile Goto Top

samwel

LuvingLumi
Apr 29 2013, 08:26 AM
samwel
ladyofthelake
In all honesty, I think the powers that be might consider Days fans a lot like the Queen of Hearts in Alice in Wonderland. I haven't been on boards very long, but it seems to me every year or two, there is always an "Off with his head!" or "Off with her head" campaign. After a while, I think they'd just shrug those off.

Just speaking from my perspective, when Mar/Dar were fired and TomSel were hired there was much celebration and NBC did it to end EJAMI, Tomsel hates them so they are going to put an end to it :blah: and lo and behold look what happened and the script flipped and time for them to go.

And this has been similar for other ships.....point is I won't be surprised if they are at the point where they do not care because you cannot please everyone, one person;s horse is another's braying ass :shrug:

Much celebration? I know you weren't posting here at the time....but maybe you should take a look at this thread from back then: http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8670899/1/

It's hardly a celebration...actually the vast, vast majority of the posters around all boards at the time, not just this one, couldn't believe what was going on. Not many were happy and there was absolutely not much celebration....

DR is not the only outlet on the internet which soap fans express themselves, and let me also add gloating to the use of the word celebration when it comes to what I was talking about. I also don't need your say so, I know what I saw.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

samwel
Apr 29 2013, 08:31 AM
LuvingLumi
Apr 29 2013, 08:26 AM
samwel
ladyofthelake

DR is not the only outlet on the internet which soap fans express themselves, and let me also add gloating to the use of the word celebration when it comes to what I was talking about. I also don't need your say so, I know what I saw.
Whatever....
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

samwel
Apr 29 2013, 07:59 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
Aliaron
Its pure bullshit the fake mantra that I keep hearing that Tomlin doesn't want to write for Ejami. What do you call seven years of constsnt front burner storytelling. Filled with fantasies and rewritten history. He may not want to write them as a stand alone couple but he is more than willing to write for them.

There are so many reasons I hate EJami but number two is because they have been a pet of this show for the last seven years, destructive years, and never deserved it. They were handed the same golden spoon as Dannifer. And neither Shawn nor James has been able to lead a successful story.

I dont understand leading men who don't have any successes but still lead. I thought that shit only happened on Wall Street.

And this show has men that could lead. Brady is a prime example! But no let s make him the idiot goof .

To be fair I'm not saying JS and SC should never lead. But they should not lead all the time. Play around with different storylines and different actors and actresses leading.

First, ejami is not the first nor the last couple on Days that has the benefit of re-written history. In fact, many couples have had that on this show.

Written for? Years of fighting over the kids, pumping lead into someone's head, dopplegangers in another's bed, etc doesn't exactly spell "writing for" to me. Sure, they have them on amicable terms at times but tptb end up pulling the bait and switch. There are quotes from KC himself essentially stating that "The fans want lumi/safe/etc" and that they will never write EJ/Sami together. It's only until the last year that we have seen the writers actually go for this coupling 100%. Dannifer is the complete opposite. They have written as the root for coupling since Jennifer returned this last go round. So, I'm a bit lost as to evidence that places Dannifer and Ejami in the same category, beyond that they are both given root for writing now.

We have to disagree on SC/JS leading all the time. At the moment, JS/EJ is a supporting character in the Wabi story. I'm actually hearing complaints that EJ doesn't have his own story yet. EM, GV, and GG are also leading stories. Hell, I can make an argument that DH is leading the Bristen story to a degree right now.

I think the writers ARE playing with different storylines and trying to integrate as many people as possible and into multiple s/ls. Is it perfect? No. However, I do not think it is as bad as some claim.
PREACH!

EJAMI's sl only now seems to be kicking into gear as they were sidelined for others, how that translates into always front burner is beyond me.
If you have a storyline you are being written for. Lucas and Sami spent a decade fighting each other but. They still were Lumi storylines. No one can even say they never written EJami as a couple. What about last summer or the summer before that one? That"s all we've been seeing is Sami going back and forth between coupling. This idea that Ejami is being forced on Tomsell is bullshit. You dont have two kids and constant storylines and say noone wants to write for them.

Regiarding JS and SC as lead, name was storyline that was a success under them. Yes the writing is shit but in seven years JS has had a lot to work with and he fails with it all. The baby switch was actually a success under Ari Zucker but when her part was done and that story was handed to James Scott it floundered quicker than a hooker on Grand Theft Auto.
Edited by Aliaron, Apr 29 2013, 09:48 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

samwel

Aliaron
Apr 29 2013, 09:47 AM
samwel
JamaicanBeauty7
Aliaron

First, ejami is not the first nor the last couple on Days that has the benefit of re-written history. In fact, many couples have had that on this show.

PREACH!

EJAMI's sl only now seems to be kicking into gear as they were sidelined for others, how that translates into always front burner is beyond me.
If you have a storyline you are being written for. Lucas and Sami spent a decade fighting each other but. They still were Lumi storylines. No one can even say they never written EJami as a couple. What about last summer or the summer before that one? That"s all we've been seeing is Sami going back and forth between coupling. This idea that Ejami is being forced on Tomsell is bullshit. You dont have two kids and constant storylines and say noone wants to write for them.

Regiarding JS and SC as lead, name was storyline that was a success under them. Yes the writing is shit but in seven years JS has had a lot to work with and he fails with it all. The baby switch was actually a success under Ari Zucker but when her part was done and that story was handed to James Scott it floundered quicker than a hooker on Grand Theft Auto.
check you facts before you make statements.......the sl floundered when the Sydnapping happened yet the ratings show otherwise.

Quote:

Jan to March 2010

1/4/10........3............2.3.........07......1/11/10.........3........2.2.......07
1/18/10......3............2.3.........07......1/25/10.........3........2.2.......07
2/1/10........3*..........2.2.........07.......2/8/10..........3........2.3.......07
2/15/10......3............2.3.........07......2/22/10.........3........2.3.......07
3/1/10........3............2.2.........07......3/8/10..........3........2.1.......07
3/15/10......3............2.1.........07......3/22/10.........3........2.0.......07
3/29/10......4............1.9...

the show only started slumping after the focus shifted off Sydney coming home......so what exactly is your gauge?? and FYI, these numbers were higher than the AZ period.

There really is nothing up for debate, this is the first time EJ and Sami have been given a chance as a real couple.....I fail to see how the summer before when she was with Lucas, the one before that when she was still married to Rafe, or the one before that living in the mansion with EJ and dreaming of Rafe can count.....

Edited by samwel, Apr 29 2013, 09:59 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Aliaron
samwel
JamaicanBeauty7
Aliaron

PREACH!

Exactly, last time I checked, going from 2.3 to 2.0 is a decline no? smdh....you are absolutely right with what you said....
Offline Profile Goto Top

samwel

LuvingLumi
Apr 29 2013, 10:15 AM
Aliaron
samwel
JamaicanBeauty7

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
PREACH!

Exactly, last time I checked, going from 2.3 to 2.0 is a decline no? smdh....you are absolutely right with what you said....
Sydney was returned in beginning in March, do you see 2.0s then......or better yet since a comparison was being made where were the 2.3s (at least consistently) before JS took it over......I mean statements without anything to support it, is just statements right?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

samwel
Apr 29 2013, 09:57 AM
Aliaron
samwel
JamaicanBeauty7

PREACH!

check you facts before you make statements.......the sl floundered when the Sydnapping happened yet the ratings show otherwise.

Quote:

Jan to March 2010

1/4/10........3............2.3.........07......1/11/10.........3........2.2.......07
1/18/10......3............2.3.........07......1/25/10.........3........2.2.......07
2/1/10........3*..........2.2.........07.......2/8/10..........3........2.3.......07
2/15/10......3............2.3.........07......2/22/10.........3........2.3.......07
3/1/10........3............2.2.........07......3/8/10..........3........2.1.......07
3/15/10......3............2.1.........07......3/22/10.........3........2.0.......07

the show only started slumping after the focus shifted off Sydney coming home......so what exactly is your gauge?? and FYI, these numbers were higher than the AZ period.

There really is nothing up for debate, this is the first time EJ and Sami have been given a chance as a real couple.....I fail to see how the summer before when she was with Lucas, the one before that when she was still married to Rafe, or the one before that living in the mansion with EJ and dreaming of Rafe can count.....

when days good rathings in 2010 it was because vivan carly mel story with phillp and mel weeding and carly shooting mel after that the ratings start slowing to go down

and no sami was not really with lucas last year since most of it happen off screen and she spend most of her time with ej even rafe got more action this year with sami than lucas did last on screen
Offline Profile Goto Top

samwel

Partnersincrime
Apr 29 2013, 10:22 AM
samwel
Aliaron
samwel

Quote:

Jan to March 2010

when days good rathings in 2010 it was because vivan carly mel story with phillp and mel weeding and carly shooting mel after that the ratings start slowing to go down

and no sami was not really with lucas last year since most of it happen off screen and she spend most of her time with ej even rafe got more action this year with sami than lucas did last on screen
you can't have it both ways....one minute JS is front burner, leading the sl and the next when the ratings for that period is great it belongs to someone else....... :lol: I mean really :glare:

I am not concerned whether their sex was off screen or not, she was in a relationship with Lucas and that is the point being made.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

samwel
Apr 29 2013, 10:25 AM
Partnersincrime
samwel
Aliaron

Quote:

Jan to March 2010

you can't have it both ways....one minute JS is front burner, leading the sl and the next when the ratings for that period is great it belongs to someone else....... :lol: I mean really :glare:

I am not concerned whether their sex was off screen or not, she was in a relationship with Lucas and that is the point being made.
i was not talking about offscreen sex if miss 10 episodes[i still think gave way too much epiosdes]you still think than lucas and sami still friends not couple and for those did watch knew it seem obvious the story was not really about lucas and sami especially after ej was force to will coming out storyline while austin was push out
Offline Profile Goto Top

trojangal
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Apr 29 2013, 10:15 AM
Aliaron
samwel
JamaicanBeauty7

PREACH!

Remember not everyone watches or doesn't wach because of Lumi, Safe & EJami !

As a Danloe fan I know a lot of us hated that March because
they had the whole Carly & Mel coming into the Danloe storyline.
Wasn't that also when Peter R was missing from the screen for
some time & the Bope & Barly fiasco ?
Offline Profile Goto Top

samwel

Partnersincrime
Apr 29 2013, 10:34 AM
samwel
Partnersincrime
samwel

i was not talking about offscreen sex if miss 10 episodes[i still think gave way too much epiosdes]you still think than lucas and sami still friends not couple and for those did watch knew it seem obvious the story was not really about lucas and sami especially after ej was force to will coming out storyline while austin was push out
There is nothing up for interpretation here, they were a couple.....when she ran off with EJ, she effectively ended things.....I mean the man was living at her apartment.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

samwel
Apr 29 2013, 10:38 AM
Partnersincrime
Apr 29 2013, 10:34 AM
samwel
Partnersincrime

There is nothing up for interpretation here, they were a couple.....when she ran off with EJ, she effectively ended things.....I mean the man was living at her apartment.
and only find out about it when we heard lucas move his stuff there no mention before lucas living with sami only after they broke off

as said off screen and yet ej going after sami was very much on screen

Edited by Partnersincrime, Apr 29 2013, 10:41 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic