Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, April 23rd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 23 2013, 08:53 AM (9,891 Views)
Sparrow

Man, I remember that Days is on Soapnet and flip over just in time for Maggifer. Jesus wept.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sparrow

Phew, but man the Ericole scenes are worth it. Wow.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Reeves looked amazing today! Simply beautiful.

I can see JJ having a problem when he comes home and finds Parker's things in his room. I don't really think it was wrong of Jennifer to do. JJ hasn't been home in years. Or at least we haven't seen him. The room upstairs is just sitting there. Why not put a few of Parker's things up there?

Loved Jennifer saying Jack would've come up with a better plan than she did. I don't care how she's acted since Jack died, Jennifer will always love Jack. Today proved that to me. Jennifer talking about Jack today was like closure for me. Maybe the closure was a little late, but at least it happened. Now, I'm ready for Jennifer to move on with Daniel. I've liked the pairing since day one though.

Thank God Nicole is no longer living and working at the rectory! Send that bitch back to the boardroom.

annie21

I'm curious... why does JJ have a room in the Horton house? Jennifer and Abby only moved in there a couple of years ago, and JJ hasn't been seen in Salem since at least 2006. I can accept that Jennifer set up a room for him in case he came home, but are we to believe that JJ knows that or will care all that much if he's never seen it?

And why wasn't this an issue when Jennifer let Nicole move in a few months ago? :shrug:

I guess I'm smelling another rewrite of history in the offing and that we'll be told JJ has been using this room repeatedly during various visits home that we never saw. I certainly hope not.

Sparrow

Amazing what a good writer can do with this mess. I wonder who is writing the sausage festival tomorrow? I hope it's someone who can write humor.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Sparrow
Apr 23 2013, 07:51 PM
Amazing what a good writer can do with this mess. I wonder who is writing the sausage festival tomorrow? I hope it's someone who can write humor.
The writers often do back-to-back episodes, so there's a good chance Salmons will write tomorrow's show. And yes, she has the scripts with the funniest one liners, which I assume we will get a lot of tomorrow.

And on that note, I'm straight up EXCITED for tomorrow's episode.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

Matt's going to be in orgasmic glee tomorrow.

Sparrow

tomsawyer
Apr 23 2013, 07:55 PM
Sparrow
Apr 23 2013, 07:51 PM
The writers often do back-to-back episodes, so there's a good chance Salmons will write tomorrow's show. And yes, she has the scripts with the funniest one liners, which I assume we will get a lot of tomorrow.

And on that note, I'm straight up EXCITED for tomorrow's episode.
Man, that was what I was hoping to hear. I'm excited too... a little embarrassingly so.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

annie21
Apr 23 2013, 06:47 PM
AFaithL
Apr 23 2013, 05:53 PM
annie21
Apr 23 2013, 05:24 PM
AFaithL
Apr 23 2013, 04:30 PM
Nighttime Hope hosed Bo down with gasoline and attempted to burn Bo ALIVE. She set the man on FIRE for fuck's sake! Hope is definitely not "too good" for Vargas. They've both been to prison for crimes they've committed.

I'm definitely open to Vope's chemistry being explored.

I keep hearing this point that they've both been in prison, and I get what you're saying. But for me, it's as much an issue of longevity in prison as it is the nature of their crimes.

Vargas is said to have spent the last ten years in prison. Ten years! That's a huge chunk of his adult life. It connotes a coarsening of a worldview that goes beyond anything we saw Hope or other Salemites go through -- even Nick. Vargas has a major adjustment to make to even begin to have a normal life again. That is, if he's even looking to try, which we're not sure about. I guess I would like to hear that he took college courses in prison or that he tried to take an interest in something other than preying on other prisoners and beating people up. In other words, does the guy have any redeeming qualities on which to build a redemption storyline?

For example, with Bo and Steve, we saw them each be tough and violent. But we also saw them step in and save people. We saw them wrestle with and then DO the right thing -- even before we were really sure about whether they were "good guys" or not. Not saying that something like that couldn't happen with Vargas, but it's really too soon to tell for me to know whether I could see him as a love interest for anyone, but especially Hope.

And Luke Spencer violently raped Laura, then married her. Then, while they were married, frequented hookers behind Laura's back. For years and years he slept with hookers while Laura raised the kids. Then, he tried to kill her child Nikolas because he wasn't "a real Spencer". Then became a raging alcoholic who killed his 5 year old grandson Jake in a drunk driving accident, and felt NO remorse for it. None.

Yet, most viewers still feel this man deserves Laura.

So no, I don't think it's a stretch for Vargas to be redeemed and places with Hope.
Not a Luke or Luke/Laura fan, but I did see the storyline where he accidentally killed his own grandson, and he did show remorse. Lots of it. He was in denial about his drinking problem, but he was haunted by what he'd done to Jake and considered himself unworthy to be around his own family.

In any case, I reiterate that I'm all for a redemption story as long as there's something to work with in the character. To date, I haven't seen anything to work with where Vargas is concerned (and I don't trust these writers to give it to us in any meaningful way.)

What I disagree with is the simple notion that because Hope and Vargas have both been in prison, they can ipso facto be together. Hope's brief prison stint just doesn't compare to 10 years of hard time filled with hard-edged behavior in my view. Beyond that, my bigger point is that having a character like Vargas who spent most of his adult life confined to a small jail cell just seems to put a lot of limitations on the potential for meaningful interaction. Unless he's well-read or has found some way to stay in contact with the outside world, for example, they're not going to have a whole lot to talk about over dinner, lol!

Hope's original plea deal was 10 years, i believe. The only reason she got 2 was because of Bo's actions. And the reason she didn't stay for the entire 2 years was because of the illegal organ operation she uncovered.
If Vargas is as you've described him, then he shouldn't really be paired with anyone, since no one's going to have much to talk with him about.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

six
Apr 23 2013, 06:38 PM
AFaithL
Nighttime Hope hosed Bo down with gasoline and attempted to burn Bo ALIVE. She set the man on FIRE for fuck's sake! Hope is definitely not "too good" for Vargas. They've both been to prison for crimes they've committed.

But until we hear that Vargas was drugged while he did the the things he did, he and Hope aren't on the same level. Right now, she is too good for him, imo, but then Brady's too good for Kristen and Eric's too good for Nicole. Lopsided pairings can happen and work. IMO, Hope is better suited toward Rafe, though. IDK if I'd buy her moving Mr. Unrepentant Ex-Con in with Ciara.
Bo moved husband-stabbing Carly in with Ciara. Just saying...
Kayla was too good for Steve, but that didn't stop people from falling in love with the couple and rooting for them.
As for Hope/Rafe, they're more suited to being friends & partners at work. I don't see any romantic vibes between them. Let's not forget that on the day of Nabi's first wedding attempt, Hope was overjoyed that Sami & Rafe were back together.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Apr 23 2013, 07:39 PM

I can see JJ having a problem when he comes home and finds Parker's things in his room. I don't really think it was wrong of Jennifer to do. JJ hasn't been home in years. Or at least we haven't seen him. The room upstairs is just sitting there. Why not put a few of Parker's things up there?

Loved Jennifer saying Jack would've come up with a better plan than she did. I don't care how she's acted since Jack died, Jennifer will always love Jack. Today proved that to me. Jennifer talking about Jack today was like closure for me. Maybe the closure was a little late, but at least it happened. Now, I'm ready for Jennifer to move on with Daniel. I've liked the pairing since day one though.

Thank God Nicole is no longer living and working at the rectory! Send that bitch back to the boardroom.
JJ has a room in the Horton House?? Since when?? And if he hasn't been in Salem for years, i'll add "Why?" to my list of questions.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Apr 23 2013, 08:04 PM
Seriously you guys, we need to make sure he doesn't explode. I have to leave early tomorrow too so we need another one of live play-by-players to keep an eye on him. Call 911 if he doesn't post at least every three minutes.

AFaithL

Hope needs a bad boy. Hope doesn't work well with "white knights".

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

tomsawyer
Apr 23 2013, 08:15 PM
AFaithL
Apr 23 2013, 08:04 PM
Seriously you guys, we need to make sure he doesn't explode. I have to leave early tomorrow too so we need another one of live play-by-players to keep an eye on him. Call 911 if he doesn't post at least every three minutes.
I might have to refrain from posting until I can watch on SoapNet tomorrow. Matt will blow this thing up. Actually, just reading his posts would be entertaining enough. When Matt's happy, we're ALL happy!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Apr 23 2013, 08:15 PM
DrewHamilton
Apr 23 2013, 07:39 PM

JJ has a room in the Horton House?? Since when?? And if he hasn't been in Salem for years, i'll add "Why?" to my list of questions.
I'm just going by what Jennifer said, LOL. Like someone else said, it's logical for Jennifer to have had set up a room for JJ when she moved into the Horton house a few years ago.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Apr 23 2013, 08:13 PM
six
AFaithL

But until we hear that Vargas was drugged while he did the the things he did, he and Hope aren't on the same level. Right now, she is too good for him, imo, but then Brady's too good for Kristen and Eric's too good for Nicole. Lopsided pairings can happen and work. IMO, Hope is better suited toward Rafe, though. IDK if I'd buy her moving Mr. Unrepentant Ex-Con in with Ciara.
Kayla was too good for Steve, but that didn't stop people from falling in love with the couple and rooting for them.
As for Hope/Rafe, they're more suited to being friends & partners at work. I don't see any romantic vibes between them. Let's not forget that on the day of Nabi's first wedding attempt, Hope was overjoyed that Sami & Rafe were back together.
Really? Carly stabbed her husband as he was beating her...

I know we don't like CC anymore because of her actions, but these things are not comparable.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Apr 23 2013, 08:31 PM
Hope needs a bad boy. Hope doesn't work well with "white knights".
How do we know that? I'm all for Hope and Vargas though. Just the reasonings going around are pretty terrible. Lets just call it like it is. She needs SOMEONE, really ANYONE. And they will look good together.

Pookie
Member Avatar

So are we getting THIS: http://youtu.be/H8LDO-gwQZM tomorrow!?

And can we PLEASE have the whole town show up to watch!!??

six
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Apr 23 2013, 08:13 PM
six
AFaithL

I remember that Hope was happy for safe, but I don't think it has any bearing on the viability of rope. They'd be the least shocking pairing on the show. I'm not going to say rope would be a good pairing, because who really knows? But on paper, they are much more believable than vope.

My point about Hope being too good for Vargas was not that it should prevent people from rooting for them. I also listed ericole as a pairing where one is too good for the other and I'm obviously rooting for them. :)

And, what Dimerafan said on Carly. Vargas clearly had no excuse for stabbing Nick.
Edited by six, Apr 23 2013, 09:32 PM.

Jason47
Member Avatar

DAYSisHOT
Apr 23 2013, 05:35 PM
Jason47
Apr 23 2013, 04:40 PM
TRIVIA QUESTION!!

With today's LUCKY 11...it brought to mind this trivia question: Does anyone know which episode had the LEAST amount of characters in it??

(Answer will be posted later tonight)

PS: It also is tied for the least amount of sets used in an episode too!
Is it the episode with John after the possession when he is recaping what happened?
Congrats, DaysIsHot!

July 5, 1995, the possession recap episode, had just two characters and one set!

7/5/95:
Cast: John, Father Jansen, Billie (FBO), Bo (FBO), Caroline (FBO), Kristen (FBO), Marlena (FBO), Mike (FBO), Sami (FBO), Stefano (FBO), Tony (FBO), Curtis (FBO), Isabella (FBO), Father Francis (FBO), Dr. Lafontaine (FBO), Dr. Ward (FBO), Dr. Mason (FBO), Voice (FBO), Beast (FBO), Panther/animal (FBO).
Sets: Johnís Loft.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply